China

darkmage099

They are spying on everyone. 10 years time they will be the world superpower. Bow down to your chinese overloads.

Do you think China will be the world's next superpower? What do you think is the future of China and their government? Consider their social, economic, and political place in the world.

:-s

Edit: The time frame does not have to be 10 years.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years? No way hos̮̩̉̉. They've still got a long way to go to start rivalling the power of the USA. Apparently, the next big problem will be when they can consider taking over Taiwan.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Not sure when but when I think when they do become a superpower they will war with America which will start another world war, just a feeling...

If there is a nuclear war, there probably wont be a superpower; just utter destruction.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Not sure when but when I think when they do become a superpower they will war with America which will start another world war, just a feeling...

Why would they want to go to war with the US? We buy all their cheaply made goods.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Why would they want to go to war with the US? We buy all their cheaply made goods.

Who knows? If it DOES happen, there would be a number of reasons.

I mean cmon its china :P

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Apparently, the next big problem will be when they can consider taking over Taiwan.

I doubt they will any time soon.

IMO, people generally underestimate Taiwan. It's small, in terms of land size. But it has more people than Texas. And most of those people are quite smart, probably smarter than the average American.

But still, one on one, China could easily take over Taiwan. Luckily, (For Taiwan) Taiwan has some nice allies.

Anyways, my friends and I sometimes joke about how China is taking over the world, but I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not just a joke, but the truth. I mean, nearly everything is made in China. I'm pretty sure that means a lot of income. And although the population is slightly decreasing, they have a lot of people. More people, larger army.

And of course, they have some nice technology. I don't think they have anything the US doesn't have, but that probably won't stay the same for long.

As in long, I don't mean 10 years. There's very little chance in that. But give maybe 50 or so years, and China probably WILL be a threat. A big one at that.

(That's only if Communism doesn't kill them first. =/)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

As their economic freedoms increase the chinese citizens will demmand more political freedoms. It will end in one of two ways i think, a humanitarian crisis which will split the western world in the sense of the dilema helping the chinese people or keeping their own economy going by exploiting China, or the government will eventually become democratic in some sense. I think the latter will occur in the next ten or twenty years.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

And if they stop? If the two start competing for scare resources or fuels like petrol and gas when they start to run out? Anyway as I said, just a feeling...
sig5235ro7.jpg

And if they stop? If the two start competing for scare resources or fuels like petrol and gas when they start to run out? Anyway as I said, just a feeling...

We won't stop. We're such a capitalist country that we're running our own country into the ground by buying cheap stuff from China.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

We won't stop. We're such a capitalist country that we're running our own country into the ground by buying cheap stuff from China.

Exactly my thoughts.

USA relies on a lot of imported stuff, which is mainly from china.

If china cut of their imports, USA would be effected. BAD.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

It's not like it would effect our quality of living or anything if China didn't import anything to us, but I'm sure stocks would go down to some extent. I mean, companies would be losing profits (profits that they surely do not *need*, mind you) because they'd have to hire more employee's at higher wages to make stuff here.

That is, of course, assuming that it wouldn't be outsourced to some other 3rd world nation who whole-heartedly do not deserve our jobs and piss us off to no end because they somehow DO have them. I know that everytime I hear someone say some unintelligable gutter in an Indian accent over the phone in the customer service department, I want to slap the entire country. Dudes can barely speak english and they're trying to explain stuff to you? Pfft.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

It's not like it would effect our quality of living or anything if China didn't import anything to us, but I'm sure stocks would go down to some extent. I mean, companies would be losing profits (profits that they surely do not *need*, mind you) because they'd have to hire more employee's at higher wages to make stuff here.

That is, of course, assuming that it wouldn't be outsourced to some other 3rd world nation who whole-heartedly do not deserve our jobs and piss us off to no end because they somehow DO have them. I know that everytime I hear someone say some unintelligable gutter in an Indian accent over the phone in the customer service department, I want to slap the entire country. Dudes can barely speak english and they're trying to explain stuff to you? Pfft.

Ummm, ok, what!?

The USA had a chance to develop, learn new languages, and suceseeded, but 3rd world countries don't get the oppertunities USA had?

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Ummm, ok, what!?

The USA had a chance to develop, learn new languages, and suceseeded, but 3rd world countries don't get the oppertunities USA had?

The USA did it on their own, and our ancestors fought their [wagon] off for us - sometimes quite literally - to have the opportunities we do and we're giving everyone else so much that we've completely forgotten about ourselves and are running the country into the ground. That's the worst part...it isn't being taken away...we're giving it away.

Helping others is cool, but when you're putting yourself at a disadvantage, it has just become irrelevant. It's like giving a homeless person your winning lottery ticket. Yes, you feel super duper about being such a great person...But now you live in his box while he laughs at you.

Why do we even need to help anyone? Especially when you consider the fact that these days, 70%+ of the world hates us even if we give them tons of money and/or help. Pakistan used to like us until the "War on Terror", now they hate us.

Some of this money/time/resources is much better placed in our own country...Our education is absolutely horrible these days and it isn't even a topic being brought up in the next election.

china buy there oil off iran and pay in advance . russhia supply a nuk power station free for a percentage of future profits

so if america or isreal decide to attack iran c and r wont hold back and see their investment dissaper. this would prob push pakistan into a new goverment situation that wont be american frendly. in turn same with india those 4 powers have newk weapons and massive ground troop numbers and a no win situ for america .

as it stands america seem only scared off it own population .the mood is changing . and the secret holding camps are being built on your tax dollers.

the market is spirling downward the doller is devaluing more and more are dumping it. everything outsoursed. everything imported. no trade ballance . no boder control. jobs getting scarse. so wages cheaper and lots of willing illegals prepared to work.

china are a world power now and could to very serious damage just by calling in the cash america owes

burrrppp

if there was another world war itd probably be over within afew seconds and the world as we know it would probably end, and idk. was suprised to see this wasnt a topic about goldfarmers on rs rofl. if china destroyed the us, their (china's) economy would probably collapse because most of their cheap goods are bought by the us.

No because we have alot of:

[hide=Big Picture]

wkscno.jpg[/hide]

They are scared of them,they also saw what happened to Japan.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Despite how stupid and insane you believe some governments are you have to remember they had the intellect to get into power and stay in power. Someone who can do that is not stupid and so will not randomly go pressing buttons that will end the world.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

if there was another world war itd probably be over within afew seconds and the world as we know it would probably end, and idk. was suprised to see this wasnt a topic about goldfarmers on rs rofl. if china destroyed the us, their (china's) economy would probably collapse because most of their cheap goods are bought by the us.

correct on the war matty

but usa needs the money that china has invested in them and the cheap goods china produces to sustain the american dream, china does not need to sell to america. china pays in advance for its oil. america invades and steals it.

yes matty china would also lose money but there loseing cash as we speak with the doller dipping. so why also throw more goods to america without cash in advance.chinas goods are sold globaly

so if the yanks lay waste the chinese peoples 3 billion dollers worth off oil do you think china will want to do any more dealing with the usa , american dream over coz its all outsoursed.

two reasons america backed down over korea. they had newks and china was too close.

not forgetting the message america got when china launched a missile to destroy its own sattalite

burrrppp

[hide=Big Picture]

wkscno.jpg[/hide]

China have nukes aswell you know

Yes but we got more :twisted:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

China exports the most goods to Japan, so no, we are not their biggest importer. Only about 15% of the imports in the US come from China. Yes, it is a sizable part, but it's still like the third or fourth biggest importer.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[hide=Big Picture]

wkscno.jpg[/hide]

China have nukes aswell you know

Yes but we got more :twisted:

Having more nuclear bombs doesn't help win a war. After a certain number, it wouldn't matter.

Also, research some more before you post. How do you China ist afraid of nuclear bombs? Nuclear weaponry isn't all-powerful, ya know.

Another thing, if the US attacked China, many countries would be in financial trouble since the largest supplier and consumer are at war.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

This isn't a topic about a war between China and America which won't happen.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."