Answer a question = gives 10 rice to the hungry.

mixand

A whole 10 grains... wow. Slacktivist

thousands of people doing it at a time, and you give more then 10 grains unless your lazy :P

Less than the site that gives 1.1 cups of food per click, and you can click once a day.

i go to that website aswell

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

If they were serious about what they're doing, why don't they just donate the bloody rice instead of asking people questions before they do it?

I'm with Merc.

They's rather get a few million impressions and a few thousand clicks on their ads aswell, you know, for profit.

I will donate a rice grain for every dime you give me.

haha nice one.

Anyway we can improve on our english at least

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Expanding my vocab can't hurt and if by "free rice" they don't mean "clubbing brown children" it should be at least a win-neutral or perhaps even a win-win.

But I'm going with merc's point too. If you think this should fill your life's charity quota to the poor of the world, In my opinion, you're not doing your job as a fellow human being.

Got up to about 1.25k Grams, highest grammar or whatever level I got to was about 24. I remember doing something like this as part of school, with that hungersite.com thing :/ Still think it's better to donate directly :P

I can understand what people are saying about the rice should just be dircetly donated in the first place, but surely the point is that at the end of the day, rice is going to be donated to children. Surely, from a consequentialist point of view, the fact we have to prove our vocabulary in order to do that should be outweighed by the very fact food is being donated?

Clicking the questions does not make them give rice to people that need it. What they actually do is use the advertising revenue from the adverts shown on the page. However as a profit making organisation NOT a charity, they are not bound by law to give anything at all. For all you know only 1% of all profits actually go to people that need it. Your time is better off looking down the back of the sofa and donating whatever you find, probably end up being more money than what they give.

Yup, I'd suggest donating to the Red Cross or something like that though :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I can understand what people are saying about the rice should just be dircetly donated in the first place, but surely the point is that at the end of the day, rice is going to be donated to children. Surely, from a consequentialist point of view, the fact we have to prove our vocabulary in order to do that should be outweighed by the very fact food is being donated?

I think from the site owner's point of view, the point of the site isn't to donate rice nor test out our vocabulary - it is purely to make thousands off of the advertisements.

I think from the site owner's point of view, the point of the site isn't to donate rice nor test out our vocabulary - it is purely to make thousands off of the advertisements.

You could also see it like this: They need to get money from somewhere if theyre going to buy the rice and the adverds give the money.

I was gonna quoote the website but it appears not to be working.. Anyways it says something like this in faq section:

Who is paying the rice? Our sponsors, meaning the advertisements on the below.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I hope it goes to them. I donated 3,560 grains of rice. :)
There's about 100,000 grains in the average bag

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12