Google Maps Out

Adam007

I know you guys have probably seen all those satellite image web sites with zoomed in pictures of your houses, but this was recently added to google today.

http://maps.google.com/

Sure, it's nothing new, but now privacy concerns will rise, and that ability will be given to a ton more people.

Anyways, the interface is pretty good, and it's a cool little tool to use. Just don't go and post a picture of your house. :)

Eh, pretty much. Just adds some competition, and competition is always good. I haven't seen Mapquest's in awhile, does it have all the features that this one has? Nonetheless, one or the other is bound to one up the other one if they're identical to get that edge.

you cant actuly get a picture of the house, but you can get the exact location.. really exact. LOL it showed me a map of US, and fromt here i could find my house, lol.

Pros can find their house just by zooming. 8)

I'm bad with directions, I was surprised I found my house so quickly from all the way zoomed out.

note:

go to maps.google.com

then click satillite in the top right corner. Thats how u get there.

Yeah its a pretty cool site! I found a car accident in Atlanta that way 8) . Also, look at ur local airport.... what airline just took off :lol: ?

Wow, that is pretty rad.

I started out at the farthest out map of Canada showing just provinces and zoomed all the way in until I could see my street. :shock: I guess that does raise some privacy issues if people start using their mailing addresses to get stuff of the internet and the person on the other side....well let's not go there shall we?

Zaataar.png

I'd prefer, for future reference, that photos aren't posted from the satellite feature. It's cool, but can give out too much information if used incorrectly. Thanks for understanding.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Just checked out my house in the google sattelite map, and noticed the pic was outdated by a few years. A couple of roads weren't built yet, and either a nuke dropped or half of my neighborhood wasn't built yet. :lol:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

In the UK the http://www.multimap.com one is pretty good. Its not quiote so zoomed in but you can still make things out. Also if you roll the mouse over the map it shows an ordinance survey type map

Example below

ansonrooms2da.jpg

Note to mods: Its a map showing the location of a gig venue. Theres no way people can find my address from this considering I don't even live there.

The google satellite maps are incredibly detailed really. I mean look how good this image is of a small harbour.

zoomedport5rr.jpg

Note: No information is given about the location of this image.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just checked out my house in the google sattelite map, and noticed the pic was outdated by a few years. A couple of roads weren't built yet, and either a nuke dropped or half of my neighborhood wasn't built yet. :lol:

if a nuke dropped and you were looking at the right time, and didnt have your music too loud, you would probably notice.

I found my grandparents house in Florida, but the pic was from before they got their new roof :(

Can you see your grandparents inside? :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

ok, sweet! my house's roof looks a little greeen...

its funny going ove the industrial part of my city, mostly diffrent coloured piles of dirt, lol.

Note:no info in my where abouts in this picture are given, unless you know what city this is from, then you know the city...

marshy4ok.jpg

Omg look, this is the diffrence between the marshy area/cootsparidise (left) and the main waters of our city/poluted mixture (right)....

never knew it was this bad.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.23077 ... &t=k&hl=en

;) Found it

area519md.jpg

muahahaha Google > US Goverment

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.230778,-115.806713&spn=0.081539,0.126686&t=k&hl=en

;) Found it

area519md.jpg

muahahaha Google > US Goverment

Omg, its area 51. You know, the main part, with the runways is where they test new technologies. No aliens. The aliens are in the mountain next to it.

How do you zoom in so far? :? I keep getting: "We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region."

Says that everywhere...

live somewhere rural? I get the same message, and the visuals i do have are very blurry.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

The pictures are taken via satellite and plane I believe. They really have no reason to take detailed pictures of rural areas, so they do that only in bigger cities. If you like this, check out Google's Keyhole program as well. You can find some cool things there, just get the trial edition.

peterstretchfn5.gif