Bird's nest probability

fakeitormakeit

I have been training hunter lately and I cut oaks while I do so and so far in less then 1 wc lvl I have obtained 3 nests(64-65) and I have come to the assumption that lower trees drop nests more often then high lvl trees but have a lower chance of dropping better seeds, anyone have an opinion?

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

^

|

What an intelligent response..

Anyways.. If you get maples from your kingdom.. You get about 1 nest per 100 logs (rounded down)

And seeing as all seed nests are stackable.. It really seems to make no difference what tree you got your nest from to what seeds you get.

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

I dont know about anyone else, but ive gone from lvl 1-60, from about 33 on p2p, without a single bird nest. i was chopping willows the entire time

Barrows drops: Guthan helm (1), Vearc skirt (1)

Dragon drops: 0

Rune drops: Rune med (2), rune full (1)

The theory about better seeds, I might buy. However, it should be noted that my Spirit Tree Seed was obtained from chopping Oaks.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I think it only seems so because you chop lower trees faster. The programming required to make different nests drop from different trees with different seed possibilities sounds just a bit over-the-top.
+1

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I think it only seems so because you chop lower trees faster. The programming required to make different nests drop from different trees with different seed possibilities sounds just a bit over-the-top.

uhh,what are lvl 1,lvl 2,and lvl 3 clues then?

different monsters drop different level clues with different rewards...exact same :|

x_movement_x.png

I have been training hunter lately and I cut oaks while I do so and so far in less then 1 wc lvl I have obtained 3 nests(64-65) and I have come to the assumption that lower trees drop nests more often then high lvl trees but have a lower chance of dropping better seeds, anyone have an opinion?

yeah, i agree with you, when i was cutting willows to get up my fletching, i got a bird nest every second inventory \' , but got apple tree seeds mostly -.- .. when cutting yews i get a nest about every 300 logs :-k

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

you should have seen teak and mahogany trees before construction, in 2 hours i had 45 seeds

:shock: What the... How was that possible!?

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

you should have seen teak and mahogany trees before construction, in 2 hours i had 45 seeds

:shock: What the... How was that possible!?

I noticed this.... but it was nerfed sometime after construction came out i think. Mahogs were better droppers than teaks as I recall.. just stand in the grove chopping and burning until you were full of nests. 45 seeds in 2 hours seems reasonable at the time.

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

I dont know about anyone else, but ive gone from lvl 1-60, from about 33 on p2p, without a single bird nest. i was chopping willows the entire time
33-60 you mean :wink:

I think they are about the same rate, 1 nest every 400-500 logs, but it takes a long time to get 500 magic logs, and with a decent cut level you can get 500 willow/maple logs in no time.

Kingdom of Miscelania is a whole other story and so has nothing to do with the rate described above.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.