should there be a new skill?

mcr401

Well im happy to have any new skill but i wouldnt mind waiting because there are so many things still to do in RS for me. Summoning skill has been layed down by jagex and they are not allowing players to suggest it anymore.

Who knows what is going to be the next new skill?

I personally like the animal rasing idea where you have a pet. The cat basket in your poh was renamed to pet basket, so that could be a hint

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Engineering would be hawt. :D

+1. That's a brilliant idea. Would tie in with lots of other skills too (Smithing etc.)

Personally, I think that we can lay off the whole 'new skill' thing for a while. There's plenty to do elsewhere, such as finish off quest storylines... <.<

~ W ~

sigzi.png

MOUNT RIDING! PONIES!

nah...I'd actually like to see them try summoning(as they've said). If they actually TRIED to make it good, it could end up beeing a pretty darn cool skill. But it they do it bad...well..... :-X ::'

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Personally, I think that we can lay off the whole 'new skill' thing for a while. There's plenty to do elsewhere, such as finish off quest storylines... <.<

+1

The only storyline they have finished thus far is the Dorgeshuun/HAM storyline, which is utterly pathetic.

And for all you who say Summoning, give it up. It will likely NEVER happen, simply because of the strain it would put on the game's resources. Imagine the lag you get in world 2 falador and apply that everywhere if Summoning were released; with hundreds of players summoning NPCS, it would severely bog down the server bandwidth.

td2sig.jpg

I haven't heard of any great skill ideas since Hunter came out. Archeology, Seafaring, Engineering, etc. None of them sound like something I would really want to do, even though I would level them anyway.

Summoning is the only one that has merit, because we know it's coming out sooner or later. I personally don't think it's gonna be a skill, I think it'll be a new spellbook, because really, it has no right being a skill in itself.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

+1

The only storyline they have finished thus far is the Dorgeshuun/HAM storyline, which is utterly pathetic.

i would love engineering but teh dorgeshkaan is finished because tehyres no crossing with other storylines is their?A lot of these storylines intertwine with other so if they add a new installment the story and history has to be bang on and allign with other quests in the series.Yeah anyway i hope they do finish off those quest storylines because i love quests and will spur me to go for the quest cape :D

tifsdac6mc.gif

i dont really see the need for a new one atm

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I would love a new skill (sailing/ship building/player owned ships) but only after Jagex finishes RuneCrafting and the Mournings End series.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I really can't see summoning as a separate skill from magic.

I totally agree with that...and maybe it has to be a totally different spellbook (Lunar, Ancients)

Well I'm happy with skills atm...a nice one would be tailoring (ok bit of a copy off WoW but u can make leather - range armour - plate - melee) there is nothing that mages can wear that you can make.

Pretty pleased of making this up tbh :thumbsup:

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Ranker11 told me too :P

I often wonder how summoning would be introduced into the game. At the moment I think one possibility would be through the elemental workshop series with the mysterious body door. Another possibility would be with the release of a "Tower of Life" sequel. No matter how Jagex goes about doing it I hope that summoning will require a high initial magic level.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I would like another skill, but i dont see one coming out for a while. Who knows, i would like engineering as a new skill but thats just me.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

There already is a thread like this in questionaries subforum there I posted the same suggestion I'm gonna post here :wink: .

The skill I thought about was taming:

-Use the animals you catch with hunter(maybe few new ones).

-Build animal shelters for them with the construction skill.

-Feed these beasts with the food obtained with farming(sweetcorn or something else).

-Milk some animals and use the stuff you get as 2nd ingredient in herblore (and if you kill it maybe also some other parts of the beast, like horns/hearth ).

-Kill them, and take off the hides, tan them and craft some Armour.

-Use the eggs from the birds you hold for cooking some nice cakes/pies.

And maybe some new future updates:

-Make your own lake near your house and hold some of the fish you catch (maybe first hold them in a water filled bucket)

-Fletch a strong bow with the horns of some animals (and maybe use their wool, or sinews as string).

And can think of lots more, shouldn't that be a nice update?

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Personally I think yes.

Any of the suggested things sounds neat, engineering, summoning, taming, they all suit me.

I would love some skills to be used in player killing though. ( like with hunter you can see the foot tracks of people in 40+ wildy for some time, the time will be longer if your hunter is higher.

or with thieving, so you have a slight chance that you might steal one food of the enemy during a fight. )

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

mosleharmless.jpg

I think a seafaring skill would be the most beneficial to RuneScape. It could open up a new area the size of the current map. This would be possible if the starting off point for the skill is placed on Mos Le'Harmless and the map was expanded to the east. This new area could be mostly water with a few large land masses and smaller islands scattered around (think Greek islands). This would allow for new quests, dungeons, mini games, and an aquatic wilderness. In the wilderness portion of this new area all pvp would be fought between player owned ships.

Those are my thoughts on a seafaring skill.

Aulderic.png

I'm always happy and most excited when a new skill is released/announced. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm expecting Summoning will be released soon, although most agree that it'll be a Magic addon.

I'd like to see Pet Care, Tailoring, Necromancy and some Music Related skill (building instruments for combat moral boost or something like that)

Harrington.gif

mosleharmless.jpg

I think a seafaring skill would be the most beneficial to RuneScape. It could open up a new area the size of the current map. This would be possible if the starting off point for the skill is placed on Mos Le'Harmless and the map was expanded to the east. This new area could be mostly water with a few large land masses and smaller islands scattered around (think Greek islands). This would allow for new quests, dungeons, mini games, and an aquatic wilderness. In the wilderness portion of this new area all pvp would be fought between player owned ships.

Those are my thoughts on a seafaring skill.

Nice idea... But how would item distribution upon "death" work?

td2sig.jpg

Nice idea... But how would item distribution upon "death" work?

When you are defeated by another ship you will end up where you usually do and you will lose any items you normally would. The ship that is victorious will have loot distributed to the crew members via loot share or a central treasure chest. Your ship will return to Mos Le'Harmless, or perhaps some ship graveyard where you need to make some repairs before your ship is seaworthy again.

Something I forgot to mention was that the ship's captain could recruit other players to join his/her crew, so it would be team vs team fighting. These fights would include firing cannons, boarding the other ship, etc.

Aulderic.png

I would personally like to see a "Chemistry" skill. It would complement herblore, in that you would often use ground herbs to create various concoctions, as well as sometimes using a dose of an actual potion in a concoction. This skill would allow you to heal yourself (as well as OTHER people, giving it a use in clan wars) more efficiently at high levels than you currently can with any food, as well as serving as an offensive skill in that you could administer certain toxins on enemies through the use of a hypodermic needle, significantly reducing various stats as well as causing highly potent poison damage (16 poison damage with the highest level toxin). Agility would come in to play, giving it a use, as at high agility you could "dodge" an opponent's attempts to use a HN on you, sometimes breaking the opponent's needle.

I am currently working on a rough guide for the Chemisty Skill, which includes what you can do at each level.

td2sig.jpg