lock please

ego_scorpion

Qeltar is driven by hatred towards merchants it seems

This was a few pages back, so some of you might not remember.

Well I can't speak for someone else (like you tend to do for all merchanters), but it seems that Qeltar doesn't hate merchanters, I think he dislikes pompus egomaniacs like yourself; look at your name: (Ego Scorpion!)

Your arguements should be able to be solved by these statements...however I have a feeling your immaturity will make you add a few more posts to help confirm Qeltar's (as well as mine and probably most of the RuneScape community) statements:

We all have a right to play the game how we want; so don't down talk or judge someone for what they interpret as fun!

If you want to be the middle-man for hundreds of trades; be my guest, just don't think yourself better than the rest of us for not following your example!

And finally...back to what this thread is supposed to be about...

Merchanting will NOT go away, it will just change a bit.

Snakes and cockroaches have been around since the dinosaurs, and they haven't gone away yet :thumbsup:

You agree with qeltar, thats your right, but do you have to include rest of rs community in it? thats kind of taking it too far :boohoo:

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This world , real and game, revolves around people taking advantage of each other. To some extent, EVERYONE is making a profit off of somebody. Only question is through which means and to what extent.

That is true, and very sad actually. Even more so in real life.

Why didnt you post rest of the quote where he goes on to call me a vulture where I was simply expressing my just concern over the implementation of GE.
ego_scorpion: For one, we don't even know how the Grand Exchange will work, it has not been released yet.

Calm down <.< There will still be people who sell things for lower prices than what you're used to seeing, just because e.g. they want the cash from selling the item faster (i.e. they have to buy rune sets quickly for a PK trip or whatever, so they'll sell their Guthan's for 100k less).

addendum: How I think the GE will be implemented is that the seller puts up an item and sets its price, then a random buyer sees the item and decides to buy it. If you end up being the buyer -and- the item you just bought looks underpriced to you, you can still buy it and put it up again at a higher price, making your "knowledge of prices" still useful, too.

vaporeon-sig.png

I think the Grand Exchange will have more of an impact of the RuneScape Forums than it will on Merchanting.

I think it's safe to say that 60%+ of the RS Forum population is in the Market Place, and when the Grand Exhcange comes out..it could possibly be like an In-game Forum MarketPlace.

Looce, I dont know if you care or not, but I will offer a civil explanation. Qeltar provoked me and dragged me into this argument. This thread is my legitimate concern over the impact of GE on RS economy.

Off topic, ive learned to be self sufficient and get my own things for my own skilling. I will survive if merchanting dies also... however... I will be very upset. Merchanting is my hobby, my favourite "skill" in this game, if you can call it that. My overall skill total is fairly decent, so its a nice balance between $ making and $ using.

ego_scorpion.png

Take a party hat out of your avatar before you attempt to argue your point, might give it more validity.

That's an Incan temple.

LMAO!!!!!!

Dude, I'm sorry, I actually burst out laughing. About you calling everyone hypocrits: (ONCE AGAIN) they don't hate the fact you have party hats, they hate you =D!

It's plain as day (I'll just ask Qeltar's question again...maybe you'll actually answer it this time), it's called low self esteem for a reason.

Why do you take joy out of showing off "vast wealth"/bragging? I shouldn't be so quick to judge but um...See when I'm feeling down, I go talk to my friends and family or go turn on a nice movie, not log onto a pixelated game and watch the "mindless masses" flock around me.

"Z0mg NICE PEEHAT D000d Lolz!@#$ UR duh bEST!!!!111one!!eleven!!!!$#@." Seriously, why do you get pleasure out of that?

Luckeedog101, you, just like the guy who responded about inca temple naturaly assume that everything is directed at you, which is not.

That response was directed to Dragonlordjl, he was complaining about "burger king hats" yet has one as his avatar, whoala.

me5dl9.png

I cant help it if Dharockslayer assumed I was talking to him, which I was not.

But please keep on laughing im glad you are having fun.

edit:

A+ for the effort. You just proved to me yet again that a lot of posts come from randomly glancing through, without bothering to read, then rushing to pass down judgement.

edit2:

I have to give credit to qeltar, for being 50-60 years old he is still pretty good at simultaniously hijacking 2 threads to aruge in prior to stopping.

ego_scorpion.png

Actually, Yet again your ignorance doesnt allow you to learn from your mistakes. If 5-6 people are attacking you, thats a hint of you doing something wrong.

"Only a select few can get a party hat, so I am better then people who achieve skillcapes'', thats a rough translation to you.

I suggest you take critism, take your time to learn from your posts. Like most of the people around here. We are not your enemy's, we are not the dark side, we don't care about your feelings, your items, your intelligence or your real life. Just about your replies, so I suggest you stop trying to defend yourself and just take it like a man, instead of b*ing about like a child.

I applaud to you if you read past the ignorance part. Since you would already be offended by that.

Take a party hat out of your avatar before you attempt to argue your point, might give it more validity.

That response was directed to Dragonlordjl, he was complaining about "burger king hats" yet has one as his avatar, whoala.

You quoted only Dharockslayer in your reply therefore it is reasonably assumed to be aimed at Dharockslayer. Use "Dragonlordjl: Take a party hat out (...)" if you want to reply to another person in the same post.

vaporeon-sig.png

Okay...well here will be one of my last posts and then I'll leave this dead topic alone.

Assuming is a very bad thing. I knew that you weren't talking to DhSlayer, I just found it funny (situational irony).

Speaking of assuming, before you say that I didn't read through this, you should have looked through your own thread to see that I have made several responses in the entirety of the 25ish pages.

Sorry that you can't take critisism very well, and I'm sorry if I offended you. If anything, hopefully this didactic thread will teach you several lessons in life.

^The main one being that when you speak your mind on every subject, you're bound to have at least one person not agree with you. When this happens, you need to just accept that you aren't Mr. High and Mighty and leave things alone.

No hard feelings, and hope the GE doesn't mess you up too bad (because when it comes down to it, honestly, I care for the well being of myself and my friends).

Kinda hard talking to multiple people at once, considering I dont know any of them I may have quoted the wrong person, wasnt my intention, reffer to the post above for clarification :)

btw, kind of sad that qeltar tried to hijack yet another thread by me, http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=715831&start=0 :shame:

ego_scorpion.png

Talk about beating a dead horse...just leave Qeltar out of this and I'm sure others will do the same. Grow up :\

Edit: Please :D

Edit again: You also failed to mention that the "other thread" was also made by you...and about merchanting. (Lying through omition?)

Luckeedog101, please explain to me the dire need to teach me a life lesson? I dont mind fighting against the odds and I dont mind fihgting hypocritical people.

Alright, I was wrong to assume that I quoted the correct person, I fail at supreme use of forums skill...

Why dont instead of passing judgement and speaking high and mighty you just say what you mean to say and not hide behind words?

ego_scorpion.png

Talk about beating a dead horse...just leave Qeltar out of this and I'm sure others will do the same. Grow up :\

Edit: Please :D

Edit again: You also failed to mention that the "other thread" was also made by you...and about merchanting. (Lying through omition?)

there you go again, he tried to hijack yet another one of my threads, he wont leave me alone now lol... i got a stalker!

dont you see the irony of a grown man fihgting with a young man over a game? :\

ego_scorpion.png

ego, I said hours ago that I was done arguing with you. Since that time I've only posted in this thread a one line compliment to Ceblue, and an image without text.

In that same interval, you have brought me up in NINE different posts. Who's the one "stalking" here?

Please knock it off already. :wall:

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Luckeedog101, please explain to me the dire need to teach me a life lesson? I dont mind fighting against the odds and I dont mind fihgting hypocritical people.

Alright, I was wrong to assume that I quoted the correct person, I fail at supreme use of forums skill...

Why dont instead of passing judgement and speaking high and mighty you just say what you mean to say and not hide behind words?

We hate you, mkay? You and your need to bring up other threads unrelated to the argument at hand. You and your need to bring up earlier argumentation (Qeltar) when it would be done otherwise. You and your hypocrisy; we're not arguing over a game at this point, we're arguing over YOU and YOUR argumentation methods. We're arguing about your narrow-minded point of view, which precludes anything other than merchanting. We're talking about you craving attention.

Now you can't say I haven't been honest. But I can't say I'll be here tomorrow, since I may get banned for speaking my mind in one post but you spoke your mind ever so subtly, hiding behind words, for twenty-five pages.

addendum: As for the "supreme forum skills", there is an edit button, and you can edit your post with the correct quote, say "my mistake, I'm correcting it" and continue with the thread's topic.

vaporeon-sig.png

Looce, actualy, I spoke with a lot of honestly to qeltar, what I think about him, but it got deleted :shame:

Thanks for your honesty, I hope you dont get banned :thumbsup: I really mean it.

Sorry that you hate me, I dont hate you if it makes any difference, infact, I love being hated :twisted:

ego_scorpion.png

This thread needs to be locked :?

5 more minutes before I can go home from work, hope not. People are teaching me life lessons here and hating me and this and that... where has this thread been all my life!

ego_scorpion.png

ego, I said hours ago that I was done arguing with you. Since that time I've only posted in this thread a one line compliment to Ceblue, and an image without text.

In that same interval, you have brought me up in NINE different posts. Who's the one "stalking" here?

Please knock it off already. :wall:

Me still want to see you degree

Me very impressed with you

Me wonna learn to count rock like you so me can be smart like you

Me just a stupid goblin, big high war god not make me smart!

"stupid zannik and those goblins! stuck in my head zomg!"

ego_scorpion.png

Haha looks like I'm the new scapegoat..sorry if my pedantic take on language confused you.

Y ru s0 cunseeted

Why: adverb-For what reason, cause, or purpose?

are: verb-Present indicative form of Be

you: pronoun-The personal pronoun of the second person singular in the nominative case

so: adverb-To the extent or degree indicated or suggested

conceited?: adjective-Having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, wealth

These definitions are from the Webster's dictionary...but I'm sure you'll find something to whine about them.

Haha looks like I'm the new scapegoat..sorry if my pedantic take on language confused you.

Y ru s0 cunseeted

you: pronoun-The personal pronoun of the second person singular in the nominative case

conceited?: adjective-Having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, wealth

These definitions are from the Webster's dictionary...but I'm sure you'll find something to whine about them.

Hmm, that was sort of random Luckeedog101... are you feeling well? :-k

Or better yet, right after you say you are done posting here you then proceed to intiate new and new conversations with me, care to take it to pm's ill gladly continue this conversation here since your posts dont seem to be on topic :ohnoes:

ego_scorpion.png

Okay...well here will be one of my last posts and then I'll leave this dead topic alone.

It does seem quixotic to quote myself, but apparently some people just didn't get it the first time :P.

And about my last post being "random," you said that I was hiding behind my words, so I went ahead and gave you the dictionary definiton of what I was asking..piece by piece...word by word..for simple minded individuals like yourself.

Y ru s0 cunseeted

Hmm, that was sort of random Luckeedog101... are you feeling well? :-k

Or better yet, right after you say you are done posting here you then proceed to intiate new and new conversations with me, care to take it to pm's ill gladly continue this conversation here since your posts dont seem to be on topic :ohnoes:

and yours are?

Nice triple post btw.

Hi Looce.

Ignore each other please?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!