Iron Maiden - General Thread

rushrock

^ Sweet. Yeah, Edward the Great is a great album. I especially love the cover art. Eddie will never let us metalheads down! :twisted:

I guess a collection album is a good start.

Some other albums you should check out is: Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece of Mind, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and actually the latest album A Matter of Life And Death. Probably the 6 albums i would recommend to any new listener.

And look out, on the 5th of february the greatest live-ablum comes on dvd! Live after Death!

One. Rock in rio > live after death.

Two. A matter of life and death was poor

Well, as a new listener i would prefer to hear old Maiden before hearing todays Maiden.

Rock In Rio is great, but Live After Death is even greater... I think any fan who've listend to them for a while would agree (although Live After Death cd sound is a bit strange at times).

AMOLAD takes a while to get into, but when it cracks it's awesome. Which of the 3 albums from 2000's is your favorite? I take it that AMOLAD is not.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

^ Sweet. Yeah, Edward the Great is a great album. I especially love the cover art. Eddie will never let us metalheads down! :twisted:

I guess a collection album is a good start.

Some other albums you should check out is: Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece of Mind, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and actually the latest album A Matter of Life And Death. Probably the 6 albums i would recommend to any new listener.

And look out, on the 5th of february the greatest live-ablum comes on dvd! Live after Death!

Seriously, you really need to start making more constructive posts. All I hear from you is this or that is really bad and not why they're bad, and you're always wording it like it's facts, when in fact it is your own opinion. It really makes you come off as an arrogant [cabbage] at times. If you're saying something is bad, at least have the decency to explain why that is. Explain why Rock In Rio was better, and explain why A Matter Of Life And Death was a poor album, because believe it or not, not everybody thinks that. I actually liked the latter album, because I appreciate the fact that they tried to do something new, with a more progressive sound than before, and they did a great job with the lyrics as well. It's also got some really brilliant guitarwork from Murray, Smith and Gers.

2009rb9.jpg

Some of you may know about their world tour and how they're touring Australia for the first time in 15 years in February next year. Well, I've got tickets to their first, sold out Melbourne concert! CANT BLOODY WAIT! THEY'RE GONNA ROCK MY FACE OFF!!1

Shall be awesome. Needa invest in a good digital camera before I go away though.

1264cc30.gif

Some of you may know about their world tour and how they're touring Australia for the first time in 15 years in February next year. Well, I've got tickets to their first, sold out Melbourne concert! CANT BLOODY WAIT! THEY'RE GONNA ROCK MY FACE OFF!!1

Shall be awesome. Needa invest in a good digital camera before I go away though.

I don't know about bringing a camera. I know that in Europe you are not allowed to photograph (atleast not any digital cameras), i think system-cameras are ok. Maybe it's different in Australia? I'd check that before going.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I don't know about bringing a camera. I know that in Europe you are not allowed to photograph (atleast not any digital cameras), i think system-cameras are ok. Maybe it's different in Australia? I'd check that before going.

I think here in Australia, it varies from venue-to-venue, or sometimes from act-to-act at the same venue. But yeah, it would probably best to investigate before buying a camera for the event.

I think here in Australia, it varies from venue-to-venue, or sometimes from act-to-act at the same venue. But yeah, it would probably best to investigate before buying a camera for the event.

Well if you are allowed its wrong anyway. You have people there to photograph the event who spend a heck of allot of money to be able to.

Well if you are allowed its wrong anyway. You have people there to photograph the event who spend a heck of allot of money to be able to.

How is it wrong? If I want to capture memories for myself of a concert, and the promoters allow me to do that, then what's 'wrong' with that? Why should I sacrifice the ability to photograph something great myself and instead be content with one photograph (if you're lucky) un a newspaper? And since when do other people spend a lot of money to be able to? If you're talking about music journalists and photographers, they get paid to - it's their job.

How is it wrong? If I want to capture memories for myself of a concert, and the promoters allow me to do that, then what's 'wrong' with that? Why should I sacrifice the ability to photograph something great myself and instead be content with one photograph (if you're lucky) un a newspaper? And since when do other people spend a lot of money to be able to? If you're talking about music journalists and photographers, they get paid to - it's their job.

Against the point. They are payed to but who pays for them for the rights to do that?

Iron Maiden is FTW! The songs i like the most are The Fugitive, Flash of the Blade and Strange World and they'r best album IMO is Fear of the Dark. :D

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The last concert I saw was Korn and it was all set up by the same ticket company, but you weren't allowed to bring in cameras then but if you've got a small enough one that fits in your pocket, you could sneak it in if you wanted and take pictures.

Anyway, I'm paying $100 to go see them, I think the least they should do is let me take some of my own, personal photos of a concert which is definitely a once in a lifetime thing for me.

Edit: Hooray for crappy quality phone camera shots.

157b0dc9.jpg

1264cc30.gif

Against the point. They are payed to but who pays for them for the rights to do that?

What the hell are you trying to argue? I swear you're just trolling now. If I'm allowed by the venue and promoter to bring a camera, why shouldn't I?

Getting back on track, great band.

Favorite songs by them are probably:

Afraid to shoot Strangers (amazing solo!)

Dance of Death

Hallowed by thy name

Fear of the Dark (f**king amazing live)

Rime of the ancient Mariner.

:thumbsup:

My favourite band. I have every album they've done.

My top 5, as of right now:

Piece of Mind

Powerslave

Number of the Beast

Brave New World

A Matter of Life and Death

Honorable mention to Paul Di'anno albums:

Iron Maiden > Killers

And Blaze Bayley:

X-Factor > Virtual XI

As for live albums, Rock in Rio is my favourite, followed by Live After Death.

Some of my favourite songs by them:

Revelations

To Tame A Land

The Prisoner

The Fallen Angel

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Lord of Light

Powerslave

Aces High

Back in the Village

Total Eclipse

Fear of the Dark

Judas Be My Guide

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Die With Your Boots On

Where Eagles Dare

Moonchild

Ides of March

Murders in the Rue Morgue

Phantom of the Opera

Running Free

Mother Russia

etc. (Although they don't really have any bad songs, per se. Some are just better than other. ;P Everything they've done is really good... and I'm missing a lot of really awesome songs in that list.)

Awesome band. Very awesome.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Alright, I have Number of The Beast and Powerslave...what album should I get next?

Piece of Mind. It was the album in between Number of the Beast and Powerslave, and also my favourite one by them. ;P

1. I agree. But I like both for different things. Live After Death covers their first 5 albums very well, and provides live songs from them that aren't on Rock In Rio (22 Acacia Avenue, Revelations, etc.)

Rock In Rio, however, has more crowd participation, as the crowd was larger. Also, three guitarists really gives the band a fuller sound. Lastly, it features songs off albums other than their first five.The Brave New World content is really good live. ;P

Rock In Rio and Live After Death are my two favourite live albums by Maiden, but for different reasons, as I said above.

2. You need to listen to it more, then. They aren't doing anything different than Dance of Death or Brave New World. The song lengths are longer, yes, but they contain different passages in them so the songs never get boring. I recommend listening to the songs separately, in comparison to the album as a whole.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Alright, I have Number of The Beast and Powerslave...what album should I get next?

Piece of Mind. It was the album in between Number of the Beast and Powerslave, and also my favourite one by them. ;P

Thank you, though I got that and Fear of the Dark a few days ago. I'm going to get Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time next, I think. These guys are getting more amazing every time I listen to them.

Hmm, lemme see here

Top 10 songs

1.Phantom of the Opera

2.Hallowed be thy name

3.Transylvania

4.Rainmaker

5.Iron Maiden (live is even better)

6.Blood Brothers

7. Rime of the ancient mariner (live)

8. The loneliness of the long distance runner

9. Be quick or be dead

10.Wasted Years