Grand Exchange: Your thoughts?

ego_scorpion

Almost every mmorpg has some form of the grand exchange and their economies are not "collapsing" so I don't know why some people are so paranoid about runescape.

Because every game's economy is different, in ours, it's quite possible that this will actually happen.

icecube7.jpeg

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads like this amuse me.. they are all so reminiscent of the proverbial blind men and an elephant.

The reality is that it is absolutely impossible to predict what impact the GE will have, because the impact depends entirely on how it is implemented. Even small changes in operation will make a huge difference in how, when and even if it is used.

Responces like this amuse me as well, an attempt to sound important. It was already established that you have a tendancy to lie and make empty insults, please stay out of my future posts.

A few specific comments....

When you deliberately mention your Burger King hats in your sig and then rub other people's faces in them -- as you did in the prior thread -- then people respond. You have the power to avoid these situations: stop showing off.

I show off my achievement, others show off their 99's or whatever else, its my achievement. Just because you cant stop drooling doesnt mean you have to start making up lies and throw insults, grow up.

Rest of your repetative nonsence doesnt deserve a quote, so just read and learn.

Real life and runescape can not be compared. Rares ARE the backbone of the economy and if you knew anything about anything you would know that. You disagree? thats your right, but you can disagree in a civil manner without making a fool of yourself.

You are aruging about something you know nothing about and talking about rares when you dont have any. My theory is my theory, you do whatever you want in preparation for the great exchange, this thread was intended for intelligent people to discuss what they plan to do in anticipation.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

I strongly disagree. A coordinated effort of many rich people can be enough to monopolize anything and temoprarily offset the price in order to make large profit.

anything you say? Not a chance! Besides, the situation you described isn't even a monopoly.

Take nature runes, for example. There is no way you can ever have a monopoly over the nature markets. If a bunch of freak decide to buy off all the nature runes off of everyone, they will not gain a monopoly. Why? because a monopoly is when there is only ONE seller in a market and in this situation, there is nothing that stops either me or thousands of other people to make and sell nature runes.

Basically, since runescape is built in a way in which the barriers to entry into all the markets (except rares) are accessible by anyone, you can never have only ONE person with the selling power since tons of other people can easily compete with his price. Notice also that, in real life, our resources will run out, therefore it is possible for one person to get all of that resource. The resources in runescape are scarce* however they are infinitely replenishing meaning that, theoretically, there will never be only one buyer because nothing stops a second person from getting the good themself.

The only exception, and thus the only good that can be monopolized, are rare items but to do that, ONE person must be in control of ALL the partyhats/masks/whatevers in the game. Not only would that be completely unreasonable and unrealistic with the current price but as word spreads, people will be more reluctant to give up their discontinued items thus making the price even higher.

What you're describing anyways isn't even a monopoly but a cartel, which is a mutual agreement between parties to keep the prices high (and can only be attempted in runescape on discontinued items for reasons I have explained above). Considering the insane amount of money needed to make even a slight difference and the ongoing competition from other people, the amount of money needed to make a noticeable effect is immense.

So no, you're wrong. You cannot have a monopoly or any form of cartel over any of the goods in runescape except discontinued items.

*: scarce goods in the economic context are the opposite of free goods and thereby are defined by having a price as opposed to free goods that satisfy everyone's given needs at every given time and every given place. Common Misconception: rune essence, or any good that can be created infinite times, is in fact scarce because it doesn't satisfy everyone's needs at every given time. This is why rune essence, along with all other such goods, has a price.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Real life and runescape can not be compared.

They can, and they are. They aren't the same but there are many similarities, especially with respect to the economy.

Rares ARE the backbone of the economy and if you knew anything about anything you would know that. You disagree? thats your right, but you can disagree in a civil manner without making a fool of yourself.

I believe I already did that. You are the one who is frothing at the mouth here, not me.

If you feel that rares are the "backbone of the economy" then try to make a convincing argument to that effect.

You are aruging about something you know nothing about and talking about rares when you dont have any.

Once again, you don't know what I do or do not have or what I can or cannot afford, and it has no relevance to the discussion either way. (Do I need to own a baseball team to discuss what I think my favorite team should do? Etc.)

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

People way overestimate the effect of the grand exchange.

Ego is a merchant who apparently sold his rares or is going to do so and now wants rares to drop as a result of the grand exchange, while there is no reason why they should drop due to the exchange. The arguements he comes up with are extremely contradictionary as well. He argues that people will be selling of their banks to raise money and that merchants will sell rares to buy the cheap materials on the market, however, he completely forgets all the money raised from the bank sales by "normal players" is quite likely to be going INTO rares - thus rather an argument why rares are going to rise.

Again, I don't think the effect of the grand exchange will reach all that far anyway. IF there will be any effect at all, it will mostly be based on nonsense speculation that the update will have an effect. Wishful thinking.

It won't make price manipulating any easier at all either. Individuals aren't able to influence prices by just buying one specific item, the markets are far too large for that. The only reason why price manipulating worked in the past is because the people involved were spreading false rumours and lies (which is against the rules) to create a market hype surrounding one rare. Buying up 50 - 100 phats of one colour alone has no effect at all.

Responces like this amuse me as well, an attempt to sound important. It was already established that you have a tendancy to lie and make empty insults, please stay out of my future posts. To be honest you make just as much empty insults as he does. Infact he makes less.

I show off my achievement, others show off their 99's or whatever else, its my achievement. Just because you cant stop drooling doesnt mean you have to start making up lies and throw insults, grow up.

- Yes, you are entitled to show off your achievements, but you use them as an argument to make your point clear. Wich still isn't clear.

Real life and runescape can not be compared. yes it can, Runescapes economy can be compared to Runescape's one, but it should be taken with a grain of salt.

You are aruging about something you know nothing about and talking about rares when you dont have any. My theory is my theory, you do whatever you want in preparation for the great exchange, this thread was intended for intelligent people to discuss what they plan to do in anticipation.

If you think he isnt an intelligent person, then you wouldn't reconize one from miles away. Just because he undermines your facts, doesnt make him less intelligent.

One last thing, please make your point clear. I've read numberous posts of you and Im quite confused. And please be reasonable, I just want to know your point. Then Ill be gone with the wind

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If anyone is interested in reading some real-world history, a classic example of an attempt to corner a market occurred when the Hunt Brothers attempted to corner silver in the late 1970s.

It sounds a lot easier to do than it is.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Rest of your repetative nonsence doesnt deserve a quote, so just read and learn.

Think of a better excuse not to respond to his quotes. They are valid and if you think they are not then prove them wrong instead of doing such a blatantly obvious evasive action. I really don't appreciate this sort of behavior in a debate.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I want to add that I agree with qeltar that the exact effect of the Grand Exchange will still completely depend on the EXACT implementation of the Grand Exchange, as I have been pointing out in most posts I made on it already.

For example if the Grand Exchange has some sort of transaction fee like 1% of the value, many people will already evade it to sell their expensive rares (1% on a 500 mil item is a whooping 5 mil....). Not to imagine when transaction fees are even higher.

If anyone is interested in reading some real-world history, a classic example of an attempt to corner a market occurred when the Hunt Brothers attempted to corner silver in the late 1970s.

It sounds a lot easier to do than it is.

~q

That's a perfect example of a speculative bubble bursting. Some guys wager everything they have on a good, they assume the good can only increase in value. After a while, as people find close substitutes for the good, it all falls apart and the guys lose everything.

In my economics class we've discussed a similar situation, but it was with the government of an entire country that bought huge buffer stocks of tin, taking out loans using the capital of the tin. Since nobody could buy tin, people found ways not to use tin and then eventually didn't care about tin anymore making the price fall, making all of that tin worth a lot less. It took the entire country 10 years to recover from the loss :XD:

I want to add that I agree with qeltar that the exact effect of the Grand Exchange will still completely depend on the EXACT implementation of the Grand Exchange, as I have been pointing out in most posts I made on it already.

For example if the Grand Exchange has some sort of transaction fee like 1% of the value, many people will already evade it to sell their expensive rares (1% on a 500 mil item is a whooping 5 mil....). Not to imagine when transaction fees are even higher.

Agreed and I'd like to add there are other limits as well on the supply side that could reduce this "flood" of supplier. For example, quotas (maximum amount of stuff that can be sold), time limits (must wait 24 hours before next deposit etc....). Not that fees are a bad example, they're just a scary one.

Something that I'm particularly curious about is how the structure of GE will affect or even determine the demand side. For example, if there is a method for buyers to quickly find the goods they need (note: this can be accomplished by players too), then that will create more incentive for buyers to use the GE. We already know that this GE is aimed at facilitating the selling of items and it's possible that the seller has the advantage, but to what extent will the buyer be affected? Automatically I can tell that a place where he can buy the good IMMEDIATELY creates more incentive but beyond that it will all depend on the structure of the GE.

BlueSig6.jpg

Solidus_77, im not going to quote your long post ill just answer you this.

It is very much possible to have a monopoly. Obviously, you cant have monopoly on air runes,, or nature runes, just not gonna happen, however... consider the rate at which some items are introduced to hte game.

Treassure trail items and rare drops from monsters can infact be monopolized to an extent and their prices can in fact be manipulated.

When the exchange comes out ill actualy do it to prove it :)

ego_scorpion.png

Treassure trail items and rare drops from monsters can infact be monopolized to an extent and their prices can in fact be manipulated.

There's virtually nothing in the game that is important enough or in short enough supply that it can be monopolized to any meaningful extent. And anyone who tries to do so will be taking very large risks.

Think about all the people who lose money by sinking millions into exploits that Jagex later closes. Remember all the people buying maple longs to sell to stores that one day changed?

The price elasticity of demand of most things in Runescape is relatively high. If you or someone else tries to buy up all of something like treasure trail items, you will very soon find yourself sitting on a pile of items nobody wants, and you will lose money to get rid of them.

signew2.png

It is very much possible to have a monopoly. Obviously, you cant have monopoly on air runes,, or nature runes, just not gonna happen, however... consider the rate at which some items are introduced to hte game.

Well goodluck with that. You will need it, but what if you will lose most of your cash? Ofcourse there is some chance of you getting huge amounts of cash, but also there is the chance of going bankrupt.

If you are going to try and prove it I suggest not selling all of your rares. So you wont lose it all if it goes wrong.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Ok, to answer the last bit of replys.

There is no point that im trying to make, simply guessing at what will happen.

The implimintation bit, I should clarify, I am assuming that the imlimintation will be that very much similiar to world of warcraft and vanguard, ill explain

You put up an item (quanitity). You set price at which people can start bidding and a buyout price. People can either bid up or simply buy out for the price you set.

Also, my guess is everything will be divided into categories.

Furthermore, the argument in regards to rares being the backbones of the economy, somebody already asnwered that in detail and did a good job at it, if you bother to read at all then you would know.

Lastly, duke, please stop being high and mighty with manipulation, cheating, rules. Beating a dead horse while being banned for the very same thing... come on, let your grudge go, its been 3 years since we last talked.

Also, I did not sell my rares, nor do I intend to, I am 100% self sufficient and will be fine even if I never buy or sell anything again. I am aruging in general over the impact the implimintation of the great exchange (as I described it) will have on the game, for example...

1000's of people selling raw materials. Instead of 1000 people just in W2 suddenly everyone puts up their items for sale. Now, an intelligent person will first look up prices to see how much the item he is selling for is going for, to make sure he chooses the correct price, instead of just randomly putting things up for sale.

Now, when that said person sees 10000 people all selling same thing what do you think, is he gonna put it up for higher price than they are selling for or cheaper? Now imagine that on a very large scale, all those people undercutting each other, well, thatss what I am describing.

That can in turn cause a chain reaction, or may not, just my argument, doesnt even have anything to do with merchanting.

Duke, when you say your merchants what do you mean, I was just pointing out an example of what someone can do, like it has been done in the past.

ego_scorpion.png

#2: The collapsing stage

The next logical step in trying to sell your goods just a bit cheaper than everybody else. But once again, lets not forget that all this is happening on the very large scale. Assuming that there is more than one intelligent person in this game most of the people will want to sell their supplys quick and thus will all try to undercut each other.

I anticipate same thing happening with armor, weapons, treassure trail items, and just about everything. When the market is flooded the only logical outcome is the collapse of prices.

No, the only logical outcome is that the prices go to what the balance of supply and demand dictates. For something like yew logs, the market is already working fairly fluidly, it's already easy to find buyers and sellers for yews. For something like TT items, it can take a long time to find a buyer, which is why you hear a lot of ppl say they're going to put theirTT items up when the Grand Exchange hits. Lowering the transactional cost will have an effect on items that had a relatively high transactional cost before, but your analysis treats the issue like the marketplace for all categories of items was basically nonfunctional, which is pretty naive.

#3: The broken backbone

The last stage of the collapse is the collapse of the rare market, the backbone of the economy. All those merchants holding on to their hats, when they see how low the prices on everything are dropping will anturaly want to buy it all out and anticipate the prices to go up. Or simply buy it out and save it for skilling. However, where does one get the cash necessary for such purchases? Thats where rares come in. In hopes of buying things out and reselling for extreme profit later on or simply to use people will begin unloading their rares, which ofcourse will suffer from the very same price flood and in turn collapse.

How is the rare market the backbone of the economy? If every discontinued item were made nontradeable tomorrow, it would have zero effect on how I play the game. Of course the forums would be filled with people saying that the RS economy was dead, but that happens with every other update already. Jagex leaves rares in the game because some people enjoy trading them or having them as a goal, and they don't want to anger subscribers if it's not necessary. That doesn't make rares the backbone of anything, or important. (don't even go to the rares prevent inflation argument, a 2nd grader can see that's absurd)

I'll provide an analogy. Rares are collectible, in limited supply, and valuable. Kinda like... 1987 Fleer edition baseball cards are in the real world. Does that make baseball cards the backbone of the economy? Backbone implies structural function, do you know what part of the body is collectible, limited supply, and valuable? It's not the backbone, it's artificially overpriced diamond earrings. Not a perfect analogy though, diamonds have practical uses and are much prettier than RS rares. I'm not trying to flame you, I think merchanting is the most interesting (theoretically speaking) part of RS, although I don't do it very much in practice, and I respect your merchanting ability. But why claim rares are the backbone of the economy, without even offering a reason?

Your point about monopolies using the Grand Exchange is true, but it was already possible and there are drawbacks to the GE for monopolists also. Transactional cost being lower means it's easier for the monopolists to do more trades and impact the market more, but the GE will likely have many more participants than the RSOF which means it won't save the monopolists any more time and could dilute their impact.

+1

Except everything about the monopolies is incorrect, especially about the rares. Why? Because 1) There is always going to be other players with the rares. And 2) These rares all have substitutes. The only way that those players could become a monopolistic rare selling 'company' is if they bought every single rare, of every single type. And they were the only players who had rares, then they hold the entire rare market, making them all a monopoly, because there are no more substitute type of items (The other kinds of rares), nor is there anyone else in the whole game who has a rares. That's the only way they could truly be a monopoly.

As for everything else, I agree with you Flammacor.

As for other people saying that the rares ARE the backbone of the society, you are incorrect in your notion. The Economy would not collapse if rares were punted out of the game. Why? Because an economy cannoy be supported by simply one type of buyers and sellers. If they left, then the economy would still run, there's other important markets to sell to. So stop saying Rares are the backbone of the Runescape economy, because it's not true in the slightest. (Well, it would piss people off a great deal, but the economy wouldn't crash!) So until you take some kind of College Intro to Economics, shut up about the rares being the backbone of the rs economy, it's annoying me.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

There's virtually nothing in the game that is important enough or in short enough supply that it can be monopolized to any meaningful extent. And anyone who tries to do so will be taking very large risks.

their was a group a few years ago that tried monopolizing half wines, it worked it was like 60m ea and i believe r2 bought a majority of his 66 for 22m ea

Think about all the people who lose money by sinking millions into exploits that Jagex later closes. Remember all the people buying maple longs to sell to stores that one day changed?

The price elasticity of demand of most things in Runescape is relatively high. If you or someone else tries to buy up all of something like treasure trail items, you will very soon find yourself sitting on a pile of items nobody wants, and you will lose money to get rid of them.

I never used an exploit or cheated so no I wouldnt know. However, I did do one thing to make millions, and I will give an example here, same principle.

3 years ago, prior to my quitting, I had a friend, unleash1, who was richer than me by quite a bit. I also had about 20-30 merchant friends who dindt have quite as much, but enough.

We would then all agree to buy a party hat of a specific color. Well, we would publically start buying them to create demand. Not lying about buying them or pretending to buy them, but actualy buying them. When we would buy sufficient amount we would then start slowly selling them at higher and higher prices until the price collapsed.

Same principle. If there is 50 robins up for sale guess what, they can be bought out and then placed for sale for 5mil for example. Any additional robins that go up for sale for less than that can be bought out and placed for 5 mil.

If the only robins in exchange are controled by you or your assosciates and are all up there for same price then eventualy people who want a robin will have to start buying at said price. Reason that is possible because you cant just go and make more robins, you have to get a clue, do the clue, and then hope you get 1 from it, that was my point.

With rares, its even easier, since there is a limited supply. Enough rich people working together can infact alter the price of rares and drive htem down or up. I have played world of warcraft and seen it done on a smaller scale (1 server) not 140 servers at the same time, where the effect can be even greater.

ego_scorpion.png

that only makes it harder for you to disprove my economic analysis backing up my answer

Ok, it's time for some definition. MONOPOLY. noun. It means ONLY ONE seller. If items are even introduced into the game at all, it creates a second seller therefore the person does not have a monopoly over the market.

From the moment the item enters the game, the attempts to corner the market are hurt. There are also numerous other problems linked to such attempts explained by some other posters above.

You'll find it impossible to prove that let alone succeed

BlueSig6.jpg

that only makes it harder for you to disprove my economic analysis backing up my answer

Ok, it's time for some definition. MONOPOLY. noun. It means ONLY ONE seller. If items are even introduced into the game at all, it creates a second seller therefore the person does not have a monopoly over the market.

From the moment the item enters the game, the attempts to corner the market are hurt. There are also numerous other problems linked to such attempts explained by some other posters above.

You'll find it impossible to prove that let alone succeed

3 years ago, I dont know if you played or not, unleash and I took blue party hats, and incraed their prices to 3x the value, making millions. I still have a screen shot from back then in the blogscope -> rate this, containing all the rares.

You can say that I will fail, I dont care, I am not looking for followers are people to belive me, my bank speaks for itself, what I am capable of atleast.

I will say this though, I should have been more clear to how I used monopoly. Perhaps, not being the only one, but having most of something. I gave example with robins how you could have multiple people working together, constantly scanning the exchange, buying out all the robins that are up for lower than they sell for and hten putting them back up.

ego_scorpion.png

If there is 50 robins up for sale guess what, they can be bought out and then placed for sale for 5mil for example. Any additional robins that go up for sale for less than that can be bought out and placed for 5 mil.

Doesn't work that way.

Everyone will be watching what happens. As soon as it is clear that someone is buying up all of something, guess what happens? The next ones will be listed for 6, or 7 or 10 million. You're going to have to buy those too. And keep buying as the price goes up.

Only the GE means that EVERYONE has access to an easy way of selling. So you will have to buy far more than would be necessary now.

The GE means a broader market and that is much harder to manipulate than a thin market. In effect, the GE is going to make the sort of abuses you describe more difficult, not less.

If the only robins in exchange are controled by you or your assosciates and are all up there for same price then eventualy people who want a robin will have to start buying at said price.

You can't buy them all, because there are too many around, and any attempt to corner the market causes prices to dramatically increase, putting you at a huge risk of loss. Real-world examples already given.

With rares, its even easier, since there is a limited supply. Enough rich people working together can infact alter the price of rares and drive htem down or up. I have played world of warcraft and seen it done on a smaller scale (1 server) not 140 servers at the same time, where the effect can be even greater.

You don't understand a fundamental point, which is that thin markets are easier to abuse than broad ones. The GE is going to greatly broaden and "open up" the market (in terms of visibility), making it far more difficult to pull those sorts of stunts.

signew2.png

The rare market isn't the backbone of our economy. It's a part of it, but it isn't an absolutely vital part to it. The only purposes that rares serve is to hold wealth and show off wealth. For myself, I could do without such a luxury, and so could tens of thousands of other players.

Now, the raw material market (fish, ore, bars, wood, feathers) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ those can be perceived as the backbone, since players will actually use those [or the derivative of their finished product] at one point in their game career. A partyhat only either sits in the bank or is worn on the head. Not used in combat situations or used to level as you would use 80,000 Maples for firemaking (although it's inferred that a partyhat provides the funds for most leveling. That's true, but it's not like you buy a partyhat to level a certain skill with anyway). Besides, there's only so much money that a player can hold at once. With literally the entire RuneScape community at the trading forefront (instead of 2,000), it's impossible to buy out every tradegood and/or rare. Doing so would not only be fruitless, it would leave you bankrupted for a good while, until you made use of those goods you had.

Monopolization of any good in RuneScape is impossible. For the first matter, 99% of the goods in the game can be easily be reharvested or reacquired ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ this includes things like a normal log to a Dragon Helmet. Granted, there are limited supplies of items in the game, but that is not to say that they are constrained by only those numbers. In the only arena that a monopoly could ever be conducted, the rares market, Jagex would almost certainly intervene. One player trying to corner the rares market would mean that rares shoot up to an astronomical price (easily over 1B), and as such, no player with a reasonable amount of wealth could repurchase or resell one of these. Even if they were to succeed, Jagex would intervene in the manner of suspending/banning that player (or players). Directly influencing the economy in such a large scale effort is seen as a violation of Rule 2.

By the way, monopoly comes from Latin, meaning ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åone ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ manyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

sry for no quotes

about u saying that every seller is going to put is items for less then everyone else wont be true for everyone.

if GE work as i expect that will be, ill just put my items for my price and leave them there, eventually some1 will buy.

lets talk about nat runes for exemple, time is money and before GE i would post on foruns and would go to world 2, and probably if almost all sellers there were selling for 300, i would sell for 295 np cous i would hate to lose lots of time to sell them all at 300, but with GE i would put them all at 300 there and go make more or level other skill, im not a very wealthy player like some are, but i can continue going on, buying the items i need to level and so on. And with GE i can put alot more items for sale that i didnt sold before thinking to be a waste of time, now all i need to do is put there at their prices and continue, if they r not sold well i will continue as i am...

since i cant (yet :P) predict the future i dont know what other players will do with theirs goods, you say that everyone will sell cheaper to get money faster, but will they? u say all gatherers will lower to sell faster, to me that would be true before GE, after why wouldnt they just put there at their prices and gather more?

u said

"Oh well, just my thoughts, please refrain from flaming in this thread"

and u want ppl to coment and discuss ur thoughts but i think u lose all ur points when qeltar put is thoughts here, they were about the same issue, just another point of view and u reply

"You are aruging about something you know nothing about and talking about rares when you dont have any. My theory is my theory, you do whatever you want in preparation for the great exchange, this thread was intended for intelligent people to discuss what they plan to do in anticipation."

to me the one that isnt intelligent is YOU, of course u have ur theory, ur experience and so on, but when u open a topic to be discussed, u have to be ready to read posts going against you (with their theorys), and if u dont want flames, u shouldnt start flaming ppl...

and sry about my language errors (probably i did alot :oops: ), english is not my language, but i make a efort to do my best since this is a english language based forum.

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

If there is 50 robins up for sale guess what, they can be bought out and then placed for sale for 5mil for example. Any additional robins that go up for sale for less than that can be bought out and placed for 5 mil.

Doesn't work that way.

Everyone will be watching what happens. As soon as it is clear that someone is buying up all of something, guess what happens? The next ones will be listed for 6, or 7 or 10 million. You're going to have to buy those too. And keep buying as the price goes up.

I guess my point is I think and operate different from you. The second I will see one for 6, 7, or 10 mil is the second that I will put all mine up for 5.5 and having bought them for 3.5 ea will make 2mil profit on each one and move on to the next item.

I am just giving rough examples here, if you wonna pick and chew every word I said then do as you please.

ego_scorpion.png

u said

"Oh well, just my thoughts, please refrain from flaming in this thread"

and u want ppl to coment and discuss ur thoughts but i think u lose all ur points when qeltar put is thoughts here, they were about the same issue, just another point of view and u reply

"You are aruging about something you know nothing about and talking about rares when you dont have any. My theory is my theory, you do whatever you want in preparation for the great exchange, this thread was intended for intelligent people to discuss what they plan to do in anticipation."

WoW, after htis I dont even know what to say.

My arument from qeltar is an ongoing one from a different thread. I called his bluff and am responding under that assumption so to me the there isnt much validity to what he says until he proves what he said initiality in the other thread, that is, owning a rare.

Also, its "you" not "u", those abbreviations is what makes one look... unintelligent.

They are presenting their theories, I am presenting mine. But I dont accept things for what they are, I also look at why would one post what he or she does.

For example, duke freedom has personal vendetta against me so anything he says is hypocritical nonsence, he accused me of cheating long ago ... we all know how that turned out.

qeltar has it out for merchants, so what he is posting is also biased and directed against me.

Bottom line is like I said I dont plan to do anything, I am 100% self sufficient. If I wanted to prove a point sure, I could sell a phat set for 2 billion and start trying to control a scare resource, aka items that cant be freely introduced into the game and that have a fairly low supply vs demand.

ego_scorpion.png