Voidnight or Dragonhide or karils:P

Blaze69a

well sure voidnight has the +10% giving you massive amounts more in damage, but is the defence loss and the hours of pestcontrol really worth it? void has low defence bonus, and u need to wear void gloves. But dragonhide is better defence and you can wear barrow gloves. Also dragonhide costs like 45k and is easily replaced:P. Also you could choose karils. It has less defence than hides, a little more than void (i think :-k ) but has a higher mage defence (again im not sure #-o )

Post your opinions. :P

Edit~: i have allowed for karils as well:P

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

ive added karils :P no idea why youd want it tho:P costs more than hides has less defence as well:O o well upto you:)

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

i guess :P but with d hide u get a lot more defence (if i recall right :P)

and d hide costs less to buy than karils does to fix :o

227545.png

I'd definitely go with the void knight. After all, the armor has been shown to provide more xp/hour than dragonhide, and considering that you're ranging the lack of defense isn't really an issue. As for the Pest Control part, that's not a problem - Pest Control is fun, and decent xp even after the fix.

it has great magic defense! and 200k? isn't alot to fix the set when it hits zero.

Yes, it does have good magic defense, but that doesn't usually matter. After all, when do you typically train on monsters that mage you back? Karil's is good for PVP, but no better than dragonhide most other places, and just because it's "only" 200k to fix doesn't mean that it's smart to use when you could pay 0k in repairs instead :P .

this should go in help and advice...A mod should move it soon

It doesn't have to - it seems like this is posed as a discussion of what people think as well as a question.

u do raise a few good points :-k im curently pcing for full void to see difference \' only 190 points to go thank god lol :wall:

227545.png

The issue should be accuracy here. Full void doesn't give range attack bonus like dhide. If you are fighting like a very high defence monster like steels, obviously you would go for dhide, you can't do anything with higher damage if you can't hit well, what's more it's only 10%, which equals 2-4 extra damage? Normal monsters like ogres, giants and such with low defence, of course use void knight.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

ha ha yea good point :P 150 more points till full void>.< this kills ya loll i personally use a mage shortbow so id use d hide with that but if id use a dark bow id probly go for void for faster kills :thumbsup:

227545.png

If you're just ranging monsters, i would say d hide is fine. No need to pay 200k every couple of hours to repair armor that gives you +5 range bonus over d hide. I use d hide, always have, probably always will.

Just to clear it up, Dhide has the SAME range bonus as karils. The difference between the two is dhide provides higher melee defense, whereas the karils has greater mage defense.

If you're just ranging monsters, i would say d hide is fine. No need to pay 200k every couple of hours to repair armor that gives you +5 range bonus over d hide. I use d hide, always have, probably always will.

Just to clear it up, Dhide has the SAME range bonus as karils. The difference between the two is dhide provides higher melee defense, whereas the karils has greater mage defense.

Greater mage and range defense. Karils is more useful in many circumstances.

I'd say go with Karils. You rarely range a monster who uses melee up close where he can hurt you, if defense matters. However, magic defense is often a reason to use range armor, and Armadyl penalizes melee stats. Also, for battles like Kree'arra, range defense is more useful than melee.

for training i would just use dhide, no need to use karil since ideally u shouldnt be hit by mage, range or melee so only the range bonus matters. dunno about void since i dont have it, but i think the lack of a range bonus is probably a big handycap depends on what u train on.

allbot.gif

allbot.png

allbot.png

I'd definitely go with the void knight. After all, the armor has been shown to provide more xp/hour than dragonhide,

I've done quite a lot of testing with void vs. d hide and i'd say the difference in training is negligable. I tested 2k red chins with void, then 2k with d hide.. same set-up apart from void/hides and using the same spot: d hide came out on top with 5k exp extra per 1k chins. Hardly a groundbreaking amount but more all the same. Me an a friend tested it out at metal dragons.. him in void, me in hides. We both have the same ranging level using exactly the same bolts/equipment and attacking our drags at the same time to see who could kill first. we probably killed about 50 this way and it was almost too close to call. i think the void might have won a few more times, you'd probably need to test on a few hundred to be sure, but then, is it worth getting the set for such an un-noticable difference? Lastly i compared exp rates at bandits, the void set won this by a little way, giving a bit more exp per hour.. however this was with 99 defense.. with lower def you would probably have to spend more time guthaning and therefore less time getting range exp. Bones to peaches could fix that.

I'd say stick with d hide for training. I'm glad i got my set, it looks cool and it's another thing for my costume room. Also, it is really useful for pking, but for the time it takes to get it vs. the rewards while training range i don't personally think it's worth it.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

well i got my void :P first spec was a 42 42 LoL.. i personally prefer void now.. looks awsome with fire cape.. i think it really depends on the situation, for PvP youd def go with the void then karils, but for monster killing probly d-hide :P.

227545.png