Future New Items, how will the GE affect them?

Rahila

Or will they be smart about it and let the item's price settle out for a few weeks, and then be introduced into the GE?

I would have posted that, had you not mentioned it.

I think that is the best option.

I also hope they choose this option. I would also like to get rich seling summoning stuff to rich people.

#-o I FORGOT! I'm F2P :cry:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

All against the new updates, don't log in!

But I want to play... What if I log in, but put all my chats on 'off' so they don't know I'm on.

Assume a new item has just came out. This item has a GE price of 20m, however the price is fluctuating between 30m and 100m (happens often for low supply items). Tell me who, in their sane mind, would even consider using GE for aquiring this item? Nobody, therefore GE will have NO effect on the price of new items that fit this scenario. A lot of people seem to forget that the GE is completely optional and that makes a huge difference

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Assume a new item has just came out. This item has a GE price of 20m, however the price is fluctuating between 30m and 100m (happens often for low supply items). Tell me who, in their sane mind, would even consider using GE for aquiring this item? Nobody, therefore GE will have NO effect on the price of new items that fit this scenario. A lot of people seem to forget that the GE is completely optional and that makes a huge difference
optional...for now :uhh:

GE is great for certain supplies but not for others, at least until their prices get to where they should be.

However, for new items, it will take a while (a month or so) before prices stabilize enough to buy them through the GE.

OR

what Jagex might do is wait a week and take recordings of the price and try to get something near to the market price, although prices fluctuate so much on new items that It wouldn't be effective.

Solidus, I have not forgotten that the GE is optional, but my point is that i believe that if jagex places a starting price on new items in the GE, the players who first get the new items might be affected by the set price, and try to stay near it.

I think when summoning comes out, with most likely tons of new items, what jagex SHOULD do is let the community decide the value of these items, instead of jagex deciding for them (I know that the GE is optional, but read my above point if your still going to argue with me about this <.< )

Jagex already set a 'price' on all items in the game, it's just called the High Alchemy value. Obviously, on rarer items, it has no real influence on GE pricing. On commodities it does have some influence (e.g., players are only willing to take so much loss on steel bars to raise smithing and high alc).

Surely they'll do a 'Tears' on new items. Have a lead in period where they aren't GE capable while prices settle a little.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Jagex already set a 'price' on all items in the game, it's just called the High Alchemy value. Obviously, on rarer items, it has no real influence on GE pricing. On commodities it does have some influence (e.g., players are only willing to take so much loss on steel bars to raise smithing and high alc).

Surely they'll do a 'Tears' on new items. Have a lead in period where they aren't GE capable while prices settle a little.

Hmmm, im still not quite so "sure" that they'll do this :uhh:

Anyways, to get to my point, I'm curious to know how jagex will control the price of future tradeble items. Will they set a price at the beggining of a new items release, therefore manipulating the economy's natural price setting and balancing?

Post your thoughts.

Jagex has always controlled the economy. And before someone flames me with "You idiot, it's a player controlled market!" just shut up for a minute, okay?

Jagex has always controlled prices with how much the general store sells them for, how much the 'official' store sells them for, drop rates, and alchemy rates.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

yes, ive said before, i know they have manipulated the price, but everyone knows that gen. store prices are WAY off of street prices...now what im saying is they will try and SET a street price at the GE...which will further manipulate the prices than a simple gen. store or high alch price...

Well, so far the GE is generally what everyone expected, but the fact that you can only determine prices using a 5% margin came to me a little unexpectedly.

Anyways, to get to my point, I'm curious to know how jagex will control the price of future tradeble items. Will they set a price at the beggining of a new items release, therefore manipulating the economy's natural price setting and balancing?

Post your thoughts.

Are you really shocked that Jagex wasn't going to try and control the market with the GE in some shape way or form? What did you expect after that got rid of staking?

Solidus, I have not forgotten that the GE is optional, but my point is that i believe that if jagex places a starting price on new items in the GE, the players who first get the new items might be affected by the set price, and try to stay near it.

So they will be slightly influenced by the GE price. They may decide, if they REALLY don't want to spend ANY time selling on forums or even trying to figure out the price, they will go to GE and in that case I'd say that's pretty ignorant. Why would they "try" to sell something on GE for 20m when they can get a MUCH higher price on forums? The GE offers convienience, but if the price is incorrect for an item I think it's safe to assume that the item in question will rarely be bought/sold. This applies for all these new items.

People may try to stay near it if the price is actually near it, however if the price is way off, then nobody is going to use GE because that simply is not the price.

I think when summoning comes out, with most likely tons of new items, what jagex SHOULD do is let the community decide the value of these items, instead of jagex deciding for them (I know that the GE is optional, but read my above point if your still going to argue with me about this <.< )

If jagex sets the price and it happens to be off, players will simply buy/sell the item on forums. This is letting the community decide on the price because the GE is merely serving as a guideline.

optional...for now uhhhh

If you think they will remove trading from payer to player ingame, I would recommend you get your head examined and stop listening to baseless crack theories. :roll:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

People may try to stay near it if the price is actually near it, however if the price is way off, then nobody is going to use GE because that simply is not the price.

Well no one would know if the price is way off because the item will be brand new, so i don't know excactly what you mean? Are you refering to say the items stat boosts or uses to determine if the price is off?

I believe Jagex will go ahead and set a price on it. Maybe higher at first and gradually become less, but still a set price. I think one of the reasons Jagex implemented this system was in order to set such prices so they are not out of whack from the start.