My Problem With Rap Music...

RayOxide

I hate emo music. Most of it just influences the ideal that you should hurt yourself, and is a negative influence on children today. Plus, it sounds bad.

Yep,but we don't go to the extent of making a thread about it,like rayoxide.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate emo music. Most of it just influences the ideal that you should hurt yourself, and is a negative influence on children today. Plus, it sounds bad.

-----> My point

--------> your head.

Your way too narrowminded. What do want someone to say to you?Seems like you made this thread to either make you feel more secure or just for pure flamebait.

No. You can't tell me what you think I think. I made this thread to espress my feelings.

So? I can make thread if I want to. It's why there's a "NEW POST" tab. If it fails, meh! I still got my point across.

And plus, there's no need to 'flame' me to that extent. That's kinda going OT. <.<

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I like rap music but im always saying the lyrics are pretty discriminatory (which is a bad thing)

I saw this comedian once who said that that he was always defending rap music, in particular the lyrics, and saying that it was combating social injustice and african culture assimilation etc.

But then that song came out (i think its by ja rule or something) and it goes "move, [bleep], get out the way!"

haha, how do you defend that? like you want to walk somewhere and someone is in your way?

yep, he was a pretty funny guy, but it is inexcusable to say these things and have a wife etc. But what is worse is when you see girls dancing to and singing these songs, that sort of behaviour not oly condones it, but also encourages it

NICKELEY102.png

Are you guys mentally challenged?

I didn't ignore your post, Nadril, I respect you most in the Off Topic board.

Yeah it's just a shame you are so narrow minded you don't listen to anyone else expressing theirs >.>

Oh sure, I said express your own opinions about the MUSIC GENRE not about my apparent 'Narrow Mindedness' that's why I ignored you.

Before, like I said, keep the flaming down, please. I am entitled to an opinion and so are you all, but some are heading Off Topic. :x

Keyword: Some

Most. Esp. considering the current leaders - Kanye, 50 Cent, Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, T-Pain, Akon, etc.

Obviously, you know nothing:

Kanye's lyrics are the most meaningful lyrics in rap. The best, imo.

50 cent just sings a whole bunch of crap.

Where in hell did you hear Lil Jon is a leader of rap?

Soulja Boy? Leader? Rap? Lmao.

T-Pain isn't rap.......

I would hardly call Akon rap.

I'm not going to say what I think of rap as it's already been said (the good parts).

^ That was Chris Rock.

Chris Rock sang "Move *itch" ? :-s

Proves how much you know.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Obviously, you know nothing:

Kanye's lyrics are the most meaningful lyrics in rap. The best, imo.

Game over, sorry. This is from his last album:

We breakin' up again,

We makin' up again,

but we dont love no more,

I guess we f**kin' then.

Have you ever felt you ever want to kill her,

and you mix them emotions with tequilla.

And you mix that wit' a little bad advice,

on one of them bad nights.

Yall have a bad fight,

and you talkin' bout her family her aunts and [cabbage].

And she say, "Muhf**ka yo mama's a [bleep]!"

Extremely meaningful :lol:

50 cent just sings a whole bunch of crap.

Where in hell did you hear Lil Jon is a leader of rap?

Soulja Boy? Leader? Rap? Lmao.

T-Pain isn't rap.......

I would hardly call Akon rap.

The last fad in the hip hop scene is the Crank Dat dance. :roll: No matter how you "lmao" at Soulja boy, he still had an impact on this miserable genre.

Talk to other people, and yes, they'll say Wayne is the 'best' rapper because of how much he puts out.

Maybe you should listen to T-Pain and Akon :roll: They may be R&B singers, but they're still known as rappers.

Chris Rock sang "Move *itch" ? :-s

Proves how much you know.

Do you know what Chris Rock's job is? Alright, read his post then add that on top of what I asked you, and then comprehend. It's not that hard.

onceiroseik5.png

I didn't ignore your post, Nadril, I respect you most in the Off Topic board.

Huh, ok. I thought it would hopefully make you realize how silly this statement you made was.

EVERY GENRE there EVER WAS has a lot of bad music come out of it. It either enforces wrong ideals, sounds bad, whatever -- the point is is that every genre has plenty of bad eggs (the popular stuff).

I still am surprised you decide to go after rap than anything. What about death metal? Plenty of DM bands get downright graphic in their music and talk about much more than just having women as 'objects'.

I can pretty much come up with something like this for any genre.

So? I can ignore a post if I want to. It's why there's a "MOUSE WHEEL" button. If I phail, meh, you all see what a pleb I am!

hehe. :P

oh and since others are posting lyircs:

Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot

Frank, what's up man?

I'm just watching some [cabbage]

On the news. It's [bleep]ing [cabbage]

Reporters trying to a [bleep]ing win an Emmy.

(X3)

Makeshift Patriot

The Flag Shop Is Out Of Stock

I Hang Myself at Half Mast

ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the Makeshift

The Patriot

The Flag Shop is Out of Stock

I hang myself... via live telecast

Coming live from my own funeral, beautiful weather offered a nice shine

Which is suitable for a full view of a forever altered skyline

When times like these arrive I freestyle biased opinions every other sentence

Journalistic ethics slip when I pass them off as objective

"Don't give me that ethical [cabbage]."

I've got exclusive, explicit images to present to impressionable American kids

And it's time to show this world how big our edifice is!

That's exactly what they attacked when a typically dark skinned Disney villain

Used civilians against civilians and charged the Trojan horses into our buildings

Using commercial aviation as instruments of destruction

Pregnant women couldn't protect their children

Wheelchairs were stairway obstructions

Now have to back petal...from the shower of glass and metal

Wondering how after it settles we'll find who provided power to radical rebels

The Melting Pot seems to be calling the kettle black when it boils over

But only on our own soil so the little boy holds a toy soldier..

And waits for the suit and tie to come home. We won't wait 'til he's older

before we destroy hopes for a colder war to end

"Now get a close up of his head"

Makeshift Patriot

The Flag Shop Is Out of Stock

I Hang Myself at Half Mast

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Who cares if you don't like rap?

Its your option and I really don't care.

I am just tired of all the topics

"omg rap is crap rock is better"

And I like rap

I just hate how 7 year old white kids think they are black on myspace

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

Bah! Nadril <.<

EVERY GENRE there EVER WAS has a lot of bad music come out of it. It either enforces wrong ideals, sounds bad, whatever -- the point is is that every genre has plenty of bad eggs (the popular stuff).

I already said before that I acknowledge that, but I find that rap has alot worse stuff... :|

And Bubsa, if I'd search you I'd find numerous pointless posts / flaming / complete idioticy. I'ver asked numerous times to just quit driving Offtopic and stay ON the topic, but no. And you called ME self-preserved! -.-

Necrophagist- Fermented Offal Discharge

The casket is exhumed, turfs piled beside the grave

A stagnant mass awaits me, deep in the gloom

The boxes lids I open, distraught desecrating

The fumes are penetrating, I am eructating... I vomit...

I initiate eager exhuming despite bad scents...

I dig up cold earth, exhumed turfs I disperse...

I initiate eager exhuming despite bad scents...

The open casket reveals the rot

Into weak stomach I slide my hands

Intensifying fumes I like to snort

Colon and small intestine

Sliced and ripped out of the foul body

Duodenum I minch - all should be treated equal

Rotten stool and urine

Spurt out of fermented organs

I discharged and raped - putrified giblets disembowel

Decrepit spleen and pancreas I've torn and gutted

I eviscerate stomach and cysts

Liver is torn and twisted - turning inside out

A fermented offal discharge - Disembowel...

Evacuated offal hastily wrapped in bags

As basic for my culinary...

Mayhem - Chainsaw Guts****

Bleed down to the [bleep]ing core

You're going down for [bleep]ing more

Screw your slimy guts

Driving me [bleep]ing nuts!

Chainsaw in my bleeding hands

As I start to cut you in two

Your guts are steaming out

And I just love the sight!

Maggots crawling in her [bleep]

I just love to lick that [cabbage]

Bury you in a slimy grave

You will rot forever there!

There are examples like this in all kind of genres. You seem to think that rap is all about women being objects when in reality it is just what is on mainstream radios. Just like any genre rap can be about a numerous amount of things -- you just haven't bothered to try and see it.

At any rate the lyrics I've posted have to be worse than anything you can think of from rap. My point being here, of course, is that rap (even mainstream rap) isn't necessarily the 'worst' genre for lyrics that can have a bad influence / are graphic.

There are examples like this in all kind of genres. You seem to think that rap is all about women being objects when in reality it is just what is on mainstream radios. Just like any genre rap can be about a numerous amount of things -- you just haven't bothered to try and see it.

At any rate the lyrics I've posted have to be worse than anything you can think of from rap. My point being here, of course, is that rap (even mainstream rap) isn't necessarily the 'worst' genre for lyrics that can have a bad influence / are graphic.

1. Hmm dude, READ! I said 'some' not 'all' Ffs.

2. ^^^

3. I find that those songs you named aren't on the radio, barely on TV. I've never heard of them, and plus, this stuff is on the radio etc, giving a higher chance of worse influences, again, etc.

Obviously there is no changing your mind here.

You can try and justify it all you want but, in the end, you're just another kid who's argument boils down to "OMG RAP SUX LOL IT OBJECTIFYS WIMMINZ!" completly ignoring some of these pop and rock mainstream songs that do the same, exact, thing.

You can also try and hide behind "I said some!!!!!" when if that was the case you wouldn't have made this thread specifically about rap in the first place.

What I'm trying to say, simply put, is every genre has bad apples in it. Every genre has bad influences (what about the numerous songs in rock that have obvious drug influences in them?) and rap isn't any worse than anything else.

The problem is is that people seem to think that all rap is the same as mainstream, or I'm sorry, 'most' or 'some'. (very ambiguous words btw). They seem to all think that rap is about rappin' about [garden tools] to some remix track of a 70's song, and it's all just spoken words and takes no skill -- ect.

Most people don't try and look past that.

Please do note that I'm actually not a big fan of rap myself. Not because of the lyrical content but just because it isn't really my 'thing', I can't really get into it.

ps: those bands are fairly popular Death metal and black metal bands (respectfully). Not mainstream, no, but big among metal fans usually.

Thanks, Nadril, for being a complete idiot...

"OMG RAP SUX LOL IT OBJECTIFYS WIMMINZ!"

-.-

Understand this:

I do not hear any other songs other than from the rap genre on the RADIO that do what I am specifying, thus, I can't really agree with you.

I do not hear any other songs other than from the rap genre on the RADIO that do what I am specifying, thus, I can't really agree with you.

You're not listening to much radio then. It seems like everytime I hear something (genre doesn't mater) it has something to do with objectifying woman.

And anyways, it doesn't mater. You're trying to blame an entire genre on whats only popular in it.

Take mainstream music out of the picture, this is my point. If you do that you'll see much more diverse styles and lyrical content, where as most mainstream songs seem to follow some simple pattern for lyrical content.

If anything you should be angry at mainstream rap, (and any other mainstream bands in other genres) than rap in general. However you're too ignorant to really see past that.

Edit: Just realized they deleted bubs post, but why? It was completly truthful

Pff, what a sad little guy you are (ray, not you Nadril :P). It's people like Ray that make me wonder what I'm doing here.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Nadril, quit saying I'm trying to blame it all on one genre. I'm not.

All you little [developmentally delayed]s flaming me because I express my opinion obviously have never heard of 'freedom of speech'.

Lock please. I think the lame flaming (EVEN THOUGH I ASKED TO STOP :| ) has gone too far.

Take mainstream music out of the picture, this is my point. If you do that you'll see much more diverse styles and lyrical content, where as most mainstream songs seem to follow some simple pattern for lyrical content.

Hah, take mainstream out? Then what's the point of the debate about rap music.

The thing is, the mainstream music represents the genre. Just by asking us to 'ignore' the mainstream is asking us to ignore the important part of the genre.

The mainstream has more impact than some obscure rapper no one has heard about. Your lyrics are cute and all, but you're kidding yourself is the majority of rap is anything like that.

The mainstream songs are what truly sets rap is a horrid genre.

Pff, what a sad little guy you are (ray, not you Nadril :P). It's people like Ray that make me wonder what I'm doing here.

Get off your high horse. You're no more mature than him by resulting to ad hominem attack.

onceiroseik5.png

All you little [developmentally delayed] flaming me because I express my opinion obviously have never heard of 'freedom of speech'.

That statement epitomises the hilarity of this thread and member. You clearly of no concept of the phrase.

I'll try to put it in lamens terms why I thread like this shouldn't be here, citing only tip.it, themselves:

Forum Sticky - As in, agreed by staff

If you also took it up to PM one of the board moderators, they'd divulge their stance on open flaming of a genre, over a discussion of it. Quite simply, having "Rap sucks" threads or their equivalent (which this is, make no bones about it), does not compute. They'll just be locked as they'll lead to eventual flame wars.

Now, you don't have to take in anything else pointed out in this thread (actually, I'd rather you didn't, as we all get a good laugh out if it, that way), but I'd advise you to take into account the forum staff's ideals on thread posting, should you wish to stay here.

...Maybe even that being ignored wouldn't hurt.

Can I get an AMEN to that?!