My Problem With Rap Music...

RayOxide

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you mean, I hate rap music too. I don't think it's music either, just some fast talking.

Ignorance. Try to just 'talk fast' and see what it sounds like, ok?

It does take a good amount of rhythm to be able to rap well. You can't just talk fast and expect it to sound good, and anyone who thinks that is, well, :wall: .

At any rate the hell is up with everyone thinking it isn't music? Dislike it, sure, but it damn well is music as it fits the very deffinition of music I posted earlier.

3 words: freedom of speech. If I don't find it music then it isn't music for me. So don't try te convince me with your deffinition.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I understand what you mean, I hate rap music too. I don't think it's music either, just some fast talking.

It does take a good amount of rhythm to be able to rap well. You can't just talk fast and expect it to sound good, and anyone who thinks that is, well, :wall: .

At any rate the hell is up with everyone thinking it isn't music? Dislike it, sure, but it damn well is music as it fits the very deffinition of music I posted earlier.

3 words: freedom of speech. If I don't find it music then it isn't music for me. So don't try te convince me with your deffinition.

Right. I assume then that you can't tell me why it is not music than?

And hah, freedom of speech. People throw that term around so much these days without even thinking about it. Here's a hint, sure you're free to say what you want in this case, but it doesn't make it right.

The fact that you disregard the very definition of music is what aggravates me the most.

I can agree with 1 and 3, but who the hell cares about number 2?

But, I'll stand here and say rap is gay.

I give up. Seriously, all of this blind hatred for a genre is simply amazing, it's as if rap shot your dog and threw your kitten in the lake or something.

god damn i'm sick of this argument.

1. i'm pretty sure there is no freedom of speech on a privately-owned forum. why do you think censors are allowed?

2. as nadril said, just because you're allowed to say it doesn't make it right. i'm not a fan of rap at all, but it's still music, to say otherwise is just nonsense.

3. how about you appreciate the rights you have instead of abusing them to force your stuck-up opinions on other people. try living somewhere where they don't have freedom of speech, and then thank whatever god you wish that you're allowed to speak, much less voice your opinion. there's not much more sickening than someone abusing a constitutional right to harrass others.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

1) Some can influence young kids into doing drugs and other illegal activites.

This is like saying video games are bad because they make kids violent etc etc. I don't agree with either of these. I play games like Counter-Strike, that doesn't mean I'm going to grab an AK-47 and start killing everyone I see.

2) Some can influence people to swear more, and use disgusting variations of the English language.

Explain what is so disgusting about these variations. Variations and slang have always existed in every language. They add some colour. Would you prefer everyone speaking like this?:

"How are you doing, Ray?"

"I'm doing quite well Deloria. How is your family doing?"

"Very well. Very well indeed.."

Also, keep in mind that languages change over time. Some of these "disgusting variations" might eventually become so common that they are no longer considered slang. Anyway, what makes these variations more disgusting than their English counterparts?

Conclusion - There is NOTHING wrong with swearing.

3) Some of the songs treat women like they are objects for a man's comfort.

:)

Not all do. You can't blame the entire genre for that. There are many songs of other genres which do the same.

+1. Rapping isn't as easy as you think.

I listen to a bit of rap-mostly Eminem and Akon- and I see nothing wrong with it.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

All against the new updates, don't log in!

But I want to play... What if I log in, but put all my chats on 'off' so they don't know I'm on.

Not every rap song contains excessive swearing, talking about 'doing' stuff to ladys. Your problem is that you just listen to whats on the mainstream.

Listen to this song Jedi mind tricks - Uncommon Valor. One of the greatest rap songs ever made. Its real stuff.

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Right. I assume then that you can't tell me why it is not music than?

Yes I can, it's not music for me since I find that = personal opinion.

god damn i'm sick of this argument.

1. i'm pretty sure there is no freedom of speech on a privately-owned forum. why do you think censors are allowed?

2. as nadril said, just because you're allowed to say it doesn't make it right. i'm not a fan of rap at all, but it's still music, to say otherwise is just nonsense.

3. how about you appreciate the rights you have instead of abusing them to force your stuck-up opinions on other people. try living somewhere where they don't have freedom of speech, and then thank whatever god you wish that you're allowed to speak, much less voice your opinion. there's not much more sickening than someone abusing a constitutional right to harrass others.

1. Just had a quik read trough the rules and there is freedom of speech.

2. Again that's my opinion.

3. I didn't force my "stuck-up" opinion on anyone.

By the way, who am I harassing?

krikke321.png

A DEFINITION IS NOT AN OPINION, IT IS A FACT. IT IS A FACT THAT RAP IS CLASSIFIED UNDER MUSIC, IF YOU ENJOY IT OR NOT

Jesus Christ, maybe caps will get your tiny brain to understand. There is nothing that is an opinion about this.

A DEFINITION IS NOT AN OPINION, IT IS A FACT. IT IS A FACT THAT RAP IS CLASSIFIED UNDER MUSIC, IF YOU ENJOY IT OR NOT

Jesus Christ, maybe caps will get your tiny brain to understand. There is nothing that is an opinion about this.

No need to insult me here, you could expres your thoughts on another way. Anyway your first sentence got me thinking (DEFINITION IS NOT AN OPINION). According to the Van Dale (best and biggest dictionnairy in my language) the definition of music is:

Sound, made by human voice or by instruments because of the beauty of that sound.

As you noticed I don't like rap, so I don't like that sound. Which means, accoring to the definition of Van Dale, rap isn't music for me.

krikke321.png

Keyword: Some

Most. Esp. considering the current leaders - Kanye, 50 Cent, Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, T-Pain, Akon, etc.

:lol: None of them are leaders of hip hop. I mean, Soulja Boy? Yeesh, you really don't know what you're talking about? You think his dance made an impact on hip hop? It was a one hit wonder, the dance will be gone by Febuary.

The leaders of hip hop ar enormally considered people like KRS-1, Grandmaster Flash, Jay-Z, Nas, etc. People who have been the buisness a ong time who have made great music.

....Ray, Medellin, Harrington, etc., why do you all continue to attack hip-hop/rap thread after thread? You use the same reasons every time, you get the same (correct) answers all the time, you don't reply knowing you're wrong, disappear, and come back a lil' while later?

Your hatred for this music shows your intolerence, ignorance, and stupidity more than anything else could. You proceed to hate and hate and hate on this genre while still accepting nothing we have said to you guys. Give me any reason why hip-hop and rap are bad genres, and they'll apply to everyother genre and/or will only aply to a small fraction of hip-hop.

Turn off the radio, turn off MTV, because they're making you guys think you know all about hip-hop when you really don't.

I could go through this thread quoting you guys and telling you where you're wrong, put only so much stupidity could be held in one post.

Just stop. Nobody cares because you're pride and ignorance won't let you either try something new or at least admit you're wrong. There's no point arguing with you guys over it, so there's no point in you guys rehashing the same anti-rap/hip hop propaganda.

i am a hiphop fan till i die...

i disagree with your opinion becauze what you said about its influences on children...

1st of all most kinds get their attitude from where they come from... they listen to rap cause they can relate to it... like some ppl are heavy metal fans.. i went to a heavy metal concert with my girlfriend and the things they actually do on stange is gross and horrific... and the reason most ppl listen to it because they love it and they can relate to it...

2nd the lyrics shouldn't be a reason you Hate rap, if you take the time to listen to it and try to understand what the artist is coming from.. the lyrics don't seem bad.. you might not approve of what they say..

but cmon when you talk to ur friends its not like you always have a rated "G" conversation...

But i do agree that hiphop now with all the disrespect to women is horriable.... music like that i never listen to... im into underground/hardcore hiphop... not the lets party drink till i pass out, smoke alot, girls girls girls, dancing stuff.... its really unnecessary for all that...

thanks to this topic i can explain through my eyes and many others about hiphop/rap

8a6769dab0.png

No need to insult me here, you could expres your thoughts on another way. Anyway your first sentence got me thinking (DEFINITION IS NOT AN OPINION). According to the Van Dale (best and biggest dictionnairy in my language) the definition of music is:

Sound, made by human voice or by instruments because of the beauty of that sound.

As you noticed I don't like rap, so I don't like that sound. Which means, accoring to the definition of Van Dale, rap isn't music for me.

How does that definition allow you to have an opinion about a definition? That's a definition...you can't interpret your own special way. It doesn't matter what you think; the definition of music will always be defined that way, and even so, the person who recorded it must have thought it was music, so therefore it is music. You may not think it's music, but it really is, so there.

When people can't look at the positive side of something, and they won't go out of their way to find good things about it, and then ridicule it, it just makes no sense, and it's people like this that will always be closed-minded, thoughtless people until they can grow a pair and do something they might not really want to do. Or just shut up.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

When people can't look at the positive side of something, and they won't go out of their way to find good things about it, and then ridicule it, it just makes no sense, and it's people like this that will always be closed-minded, thoughtless people until they can grow a pair and do something they might not really want to do. Or just shut up.

End of story.

like some ppl are heavy metal fans.. i went to a heavy metal concert with my girlfriend and the things they actually do on stange is gross and horrific... and the reason most ppl listen to it because they love it and they can relate to it...

Nah man. The majority of us simply just like the way it sounds. I'm not some sadistical pig just because I listen to Priest or Sabbath. Also what concert was that? Because it has to either have been in the early 80s or you are grossly misinformed by calling it a "heavy metal concert", when it was probably a goregrind band playing or something.

2009rb9.jpg

How does that definition allow you to have an opinion about a definition?

You can have an opinion about anything, even if it's wrong.

That's a definition...you can't interpret your own special way.

Actualy in this case, I can. See the word "beauty" in the definition? Not everyone finds the same things beautifull.

It doesn't matter what you think; the definition of music will always be defined that way, and even so, the person who recorded it must have thought it was music, so therefore it is music. You may not think it's music, but it really is, so there.

Yes for him it's music, but not for me. Suppose some sick psycho dude tortures people and records the sounds they make because he likes it. For him it is music, would it be music for you?

When people can't look at the positive side of something, and they won't go out of their way to find good things about it, and then ridicule it, it just makes no sense.

I don't like rap music, doesn't that make sence to you?

and it's people like this that will always be closed-minded, thoughtless people until they can grow a pair and do something they might not really want to do. Or just shut up.

That's your opinion and I can't do anything about your opinion.

krikke321.png

You can have an opinion about anything, even if it's wrong.

Getting somewhere now. Yes, you're allowed to harbor wrong opinions. But using a flawed or grossly disagreed with opinion in your argument gives you no authority at all. But at least you understand your opinion is arguably wrong.

Actualy in this case, I can. See the word "beauty" in the definition? Not everyone finds the same things beautifull.

You're falling back on that frustrating statement "I don't think so, so it's not right." With issues like this, we rely on a consensus of many opinions. In this case, most people agree that rap is music, except you and another one or two.

Furthermore, your one opinion is just that, your opinion. It has no impact on the actual definition of music. Opinions are relative, definitions are not.

Yes for him it's music, but not for me. Suppose some sick psycho dude tortures people and records the sounds they make because he likes it. For him it is music, would it be music for you?

Using my previous statement, if everyone except for that one person thinks it isn't music, then it isn't, at least in this simple scenario. Once again, his opinion of whether it's good or not has no meaning on whether the sound itself is defined as music or not.

I don't like rap music, doesn't that make sence to you?

Matter of fact, that's one of the only things that made sense from you. Yes, you don't like rap, your opinion. Yes, rap is music, not your opinion, a fact.

That's your opinion and I can't do anything about your opinion.

Exactly! This is where the entire topic of "rap is music and you can't change it" is coming from. Rap, IS, music. It's not someone's opinion to be changed, but a fact, a truth. Whether it's good or not, is entirely your opinion.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

[hide=Restrictions on Freedom of Speech]Defamation (slander and libel)

Product defamation (criticism of commercial products; sometimes called product libel or product disparagement; for example, the Texas False Disparagement of Perishable Food Products Act)

Obscenity

Lying in court (perjury)

Talking out of turn during a trial, or talk that causes contempt of court

Speaking about a trial outside the court room after the judge forbids it (subjudicy).

Speaking publicly without a permit

Speaking publicly outside of a free speech zone

Limits on the size of public demonstrations

Profanity on television

Hate speech that is defamatory or causes incitement to violence

Noise pollution

Speech that contains a copyright infringement

Company secrets (trade secrets), such as how a product is made or company strategy (Example: Seven herbs and spices of KFC chicken)

Political secrets: campaign strategies, dirty past/deeds of a politician, etc.

Classified information: sensitive or secret to protect the national interest.

Lies that cause a crowd to panic or causes Clear and present danger or Imminent lawless action, such as Shouting fire in a crowded theater

Fighting words doctrine:(U.S. 1942) "insulting or 'fighting words', those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace"

Sedition: speech or organization (vs Freedom of Assembly) that is deemed as tending toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws.

Treason: to talk publicly of the death of all countrymen or the overthrow of the government

Blasphemy is illegal in several Western countries (freedom of religion as well as speech could be given here)

The first clause of UK's Terrorism Act 2006 punishes "Encouragement of terrorism" with up to seven years in jail.

In Sweden a law called "Hets mot folkgrupp" ("Agitation against an ethnic group"), usually translated to hate speech, denies promotion of racism and homophobia.

In Finland, a new copyright law was enacted in October 2005, which prohibited "services making possible or facilitating the circumvention of effective technical [copy prevention] measures". (See 2005 amendment to the Finnish Copyright Act and Penal Code)[/hide]

[hide=The Internet and Freedom of Speech]The development of the Internet opened new possibilities for achieving freedom of speech using methods that do not depend on legal measures. Pseudonymity and data havens (such as Freenet) allow free speech, as the technology guarantees that material cannot be removed (censored). A gripe site is one of the latest forms of exercising free speech on the Internet.

Web sites which fall foul of government censors in other countries are often re-hosted on a server in a country with no such restrictions. Given that the United States has in many respects the least restrictive governmental policies in the world on freedom of speech, many of these websites re-host their content on an American server and thus escape censorship while remaining available to their target audience. This is especially the case with neo-nazi and other sites promoting racial hatred, since these are prohibited in a number of European countries. It should be mentioned, however, that the US Government has attempted to regulate certain acts and speech on the Internet (US v. Baker).

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is an organization dedicated to protecting freedom of speech on the Internet. The Open Net Initiative (ONI) is a collaboration between the Citizen Lab at the Munk Centre for International Studies, University of Toronto, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School, the Advanced Network Research Group at the Cambridge Security Programme, University of Cambridge, and the Oxford Internet Institute, at Oxford University which aims to investigate, expose, and analyze Internet filtering and surveillance practices in a credible and non-partisan fashion.

Many countries utilize filtering software sold by US companies.

The Chinese government has developed some of the most sophisticated forms of internet censorship in order to control or eliminate access to information on sensitive topics such as the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989, Falun Gong, Tibet, Taiwan, pornography or democracy. They have also enlisted the help of some American companies like Microsoft, who have subsequently been criticized by proponents of freedom of speech.[/hide]

So technically under Freedom of Speech, this topic is not allowed, as it slanders a whole music genre based on bad eggs.

Do not go on about Freedom of Speech when you seem to know very little about it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[hide=Restrictions on Freedom of Speech]Defamation (slander and libel)

Product defamation (criticism of commercial products; sometimes called product libel or product disparagement; for example, the Texas False Disparagement of Perishable Food Products Act)

Obscenity

Lying in court (perjury)

Talking out of turn during a trial, or talk that causes contempt of court

Speaking about a trial outside the court room after the judge forbids it (subjudicy).

Speaking publicly without a permit

Speaking publicly outside of a free speech zone

Limits on the size of public demonstrations

Profanity on television

Hate speech that is defamatory or causes incitement to violence

Noise pollution

Speech that contains a copyright infringement

Company secrets (trade secrets), such as how a product is made or company strategy (Example: Seven herbs and spices of KFC chicken)

Political secrets: campaign strategies, dirty past/deeds of a politician, etc.

Classified information: sensitive or secret to protect the national interest.

Lies that cause a crowd to panic or causes Clear and present danger or Imminent lawless action, such as Shouting fire in a crowded theater

Fighting words doctrine:(U.S. 1942) "insulting or 'fighting words', those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace"

Sedition: speech or organization (vs Freedom of Assembly) that is deemed as tending toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws.

Treason: to talk publicly of the death of all countrymen or the overthrow of the government

Blasphemy is illegal in several Western countries (freedom of religion as well as speech could be given here)

The first clause of UK's Terrorism Act 2006 punishes "Encouragement of terrorism" with up to seven years in jail.

In Sweden a law called "Hets mot folkgrupp" ("Agitation against an ethnic group"), usually translated to hate speech, denies promotion of racism and homophobia.

In Finland, a new copyright law was enacted in October 2005, which prohibited "services making possible or facilitating the circumvention of effective technical [copy prevention] measures". (See 2005 amendment to the Finnish Copyright Act and Penal Code)[/hide]

[hide=The Internet and Freedom of Speech]The development of the Internet opened new possibilities for achieving freedom of speech using methods that do not depend on legal measures. Pseudonymity and data havens (such as Freenet) allow free speech, as the technology guarantees that material cannot be removed (censored). A gripe site is one of the latest forms of exercising free speech on the Internet.

Web sites which fall foul of government censors in other countries are often re-hosted on a server in a country with no such restrictions. Given that the United States has in many respects the least restrictive governmental policies in the world on freedom of speech, many of these websites re-host their content on an American server and thus escape censorship while remaining available to their target audience. This is especially the case with neo-nazi and other sites promoting racial hatred, since these are prohibited in a number of European countries. It should be mentioned, however, that the US Government has attempted to regulate certain acts and speech on the Internet (US v. Baker).

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is an organization dedicated to protecting freedom of speech on the Internet. The Open Net Initiative (ONI) is a collaboration between the Citizen Lab at the Munk Centre for International Studies, University of Toronto, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School, the Advanced Network Research Group at the Cambridge Security Programme, University of Cambridge, and the Oxford Internet Institute, at Oxford University which aims to investigate, expose, and analyze Internet filtering and surveillance practices in a credible and non-partisan fashion.

Many countries utilize filtering software sold by US companies.

The Chinese government has developed some of the most sophisticated forms of internet censorship in order to control or eliminate access to information on sensitive topics such as the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989, Falun Gong, Tibet, Taiwan, pornography or democracy. They have also enlisted the help of some American companies like Microsoft, who have subsequently been criticized by proponents of freedom of speech.[/hide]

So technically under Freedom of Speech, this topic is not allowed, as it slanders a whole music genre based on bad eggs.

Do not go on about Freedom of Speech when you seem to know very little about it.

[/Argument]

This is why i HATE rap

First, remember this is MY opinion, so dont come here trying to change my mind.

I dis like rap, for alot of reasons.

- IMO it should be called music, because, all you do it talk with a beat.

- the artist dont make their own beat (most of the time) its computer done alot

- i cant stand the lyrics. they rap about like, 3 things, Them being rich, the "hood/ gang life" and girls

- i cant stand the sound, its slow, and just doesnt work for me.

- you rarely can relate to it.

- you cant really "move" such as like, mosh, dance to it. you just stand there, and bounce up and down.

- rap artist are to cocky.

- it promotes gangs, the "hood" all that bs. IMO its stupid ( i look at a gang, as a bunch of people who are scared to go somewhere alone, or someone who gets jumped, and knows they cant take the person, so they jump them with their gang)

Now, this is ALL IMO!

so dont come in here, starting an argument. as arguments are getting more and more pointless over the net.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

This is why i HATE rap

- i cant stand the lyrics. they rap about like, 3 things, Them being rich, the "hood/ gang life" and girls

- you cant really "move" such as like, mosh, dance to it. you just stand there, and bounce up and down.

- it promotes gangs, the "hood" all that bs. IMO its stupid ( i look at a gang, as a bunch of people who are scared to go somewhere alone, or someone who gets jumped, and knows they cant take the person, so they jump them with their gang)

Now, this is ALL IMO!

so dont come in here, starting an argument. as arguments are getting more and more pointless over the net.

You're an idiot yaff. If you're not going to even bother reading the rest of the thread don't bother posting. I don't care if it is your opinion, because your opinion is dead wrong.

I'm not going to explain, again, why all the points you pointed out are wrong. It's not like you're going to listen anyways. :roll:

This is why i HATE rap

Now, this is ALL IMO!

First off, you REALLY need to do a grammar check. Second, if using computers doesn't count as music, then most of electronic music ISN'T music. Yet it is. Rap artists are cocky? Sure, true for some, not for all. Promoting gangs? I don't think that's what Kanye West is out to do. Stop making generalizations about rap music. And besides, you think gangs are cowards, yet if you found yourself in the middle of one, you'd probably get mugged. The lyrics ARE NOT always about money, "the hood", and girls. And finally, arguing over the internet, to the point, is just fine. You're arguing yourself, so think about what you say before you say it.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

This is why i HATE rap

Now, this is ALL IMO!

You're an idiot yaff. If you're not going to even bother reading the rest of the thread don't bother posting. I don't care if it is your opinion, because your opinion is dead wrong.

I'm not going to explain, again, why all the points you pointed out are wrong. It's not like you're going to listen anyways. :roll:

are you sure im the idiot? your calling me an idiot becuase of MY opinion.

you cant say an opinion is wrong. even though that would be your opinion. and your right, im not going to listen, ive made up my mind, rap sucks.

EDIT: And, how the hell can what I think be wrong? it cant.

First off, you REALLY need to do a grammar check. Second, if using computers doesn't count as music, then most of electronic music ISN'T music. Yet it is. Rap artists are cocky? Sure, true for some, not for all. Promoting gangs? I don't think that's what Kanye West is out to do. Stop making generalizations about rap music. And besides, you think gangs are cowards, yet if you found yourself in the middle of one, you'd probably get mugged. The lyrics ARE NOT always about money, "the hood", and girls. And finally, arguing over the internet, to the point, is just fine. You're arguing yourself, so think about what you say before you say it.

who [bleep]ing cares about grammar. okay, let me rephrase that, they dont play their own instruments, they use a computer. i didnt say ALL rap artist are cocky, i was making a generalization. Kanye West isnt real rap. im talkin like, 50 cent, eminem. all thoes people, g unit, all them.

and yeah, if i was in the middle of the hood, no doubt, im a skinny white boy into metal. hmm, yeah. how do i argue with myself?

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

You can have your own opinion, but so much of it is plain wrong. Sure, you can dislike rap but all the reasons for disliking it are wrong.

That is not just what it is. Again, 'talk fast' and see what it sounds like, seriously.

No, you're wrong, you fail. I'm not a big rap person so I don't know many bands, but look beyond mainstream. Anyways using a computer is still music (see: electronica).

No. Case in point, the lyrics for the saga francis song I posted earlier. Likewise Dann a while back showed me a rap band that rapped about sci-fi stuff. It's not all about the 'hood' you're just too ignorant to look past mainstream.

Fair enough.

Sure, maybe you can't. That certainly isn't the same for everyone though, and rap lyrics are quite varied just like any other genre.

At any rate its not like you actually identify with a lot of metal bands. I mean, if you ever listen to something like Black metal do you actually identify and agree with their satanic or pagan ideals? Or when you listen to death metal do you actually agree with or can relate to someone going through all sort of bodily pain? I doubt it.

It isn't moshing music, thats just trying to look for excuses.

Because you know all of these rap artists, right? I could easily just take a crap metal band (slipknot) that have really shown themselves to be fairly cocky and then apply it to all of metal. However, that is wrong.

Sure, maybe some of it but not all of it by a long shot. But my god, again, you fail to see what is in your own genre you enjoy. In black metal (a sub genre of metal) bands such as gorogoth promote satanic ideals and real heavy anti-Christianity. (past the point of any sort of atheisim).

That good for you?

^ not its not good.

You seem to be forgetting where i said i was GENERALIZING when i reply d to Retefael

You can have your own opinion, but so much of it is plain wrong. Sure, you can dislike rap but all the reasons for disliking it are wrong.

how? it would be my opinion, therefore not wrong... someones opinion cant be wrong, you can have your opinion to their opinion, but it cant be wrong.

That is not just what it is. Again, 'talk fast' and see what it sounds like, seriously.

its just a matter of getting used to the style. if you practice talking fast, for a few hours, you will eventually get the hang of it. sure, it takes some talent, yes, im not sayin it doesnt. but, yet, it is still just talking.

No, you're wrong, you fail. I'm not a big rap person so I don't know many bands, but look beyond mainstream. Anyways using a computer is still music (see: electronica).

No, im not wrong, i dont fail, its opinion, (ima keep sayign this over and over) and once again. i was generalizing. yeah, not all rap is like i was talking about. but the big names, are. sure, maybe i should of said, yeah, im generalizing, talking about this bigger artist. but i didnt. deal with it.

Sure, maybe you can't. That certainly isn't the same for everyone though, and rap lyrics are quite varied just like any other genre.

At any rate its not like you actually identify with a lot of metal bands. I mean, if you ever listen to something like Black metal do you actually identify and agree with their satanic or pagan ideals? Or when you listen to death metal do you actually agree with or can relate to someone going through all sort of bodily pain? I doubt it.

Sure some "gangsters" can relate, but thats about it. and, with the black metal, no i cant relate to being truly satanic, on account of i believe in god. Death metal, yes, i love the lyrics, love everything about them. and not even the bands who write them can actually relate to them.

It isn't moshing music, thats just trying to look for excuses.

nope, i just like to mosh, so not being able to mosh to rap, would be a reason i dont like it?

Because you know all of these rap artists, right? I could easily just take a crap metal band (slipknot) that have really shown themselves to be fairly cocky and then apply it to all of metal. However, that is wrong.

ahh, and you are right, but if you take a true metal band, thoes who are in it for the music, and what not, they wont be. once again, generalize, and you will see my POV.

Sure, maybe some of it but not all of it by a long shot. But my god, again, you fail to see what is in your own genre you enjoy. In black metal (a sub genre of metal) bands such as gorogoth promote satanic ideals and real heavy anti-Christianity. (past the point of any sort of atheisim).

i did not say all, i was ONCE again, generalizing. yeah, black metal, lots of the bands are satanic. awesome, i got that. but see, i dont listen to black metal, good thing eh. but its different, sorta, it is, and isnt. in rap, they talk about the stuff they do in the hood, what goes on, etc etc.. black metal, they talk about satin, and alot of stuff on the lines of how Christianity is bull, but they support their ideas. thus making it better. Lots of BIG rap artist that grew up in the hood, tell about gang life, what it was like, etc etc. and who really wants to hear it? not i, thats for sure.

You cant even compare Black Metal to Rap, for the most part, because its a different genre. but, i dont listen to black metal, so go with somethin els.

look man, idc what you say, this is all my opinion, and if you think otherwise, awesome. i dont really care. everyone has their right to think what they want. so state your facts, and walk away. dont gotta be a [bleep] about it.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

i was GENERALIZING

That sums up the entire idea of your entire post.

GENERALIZING is bad. I don't know why so many of you can't see that. I mean, damn, why can't some people just understand that any genre can be quite varied.

I'm done trying to argue through your thick skull yaff. You keep trying to hide behind this idea of your "opinion" when you're trying to state stuff that isn't even a damn opinion. Trying to say that rap's lyrics, for example, are all about the hood is not an opinion. It is you trying to state a fact, that is wrong.

oÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷pinÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ion /ÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ãâ¹Ã¢â¬Â pÃÆââ¬Â°ÃâênyÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢n/

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

fact /fÃÆÃâÃâækt/

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.