will jagex use the g.e. to destroy rares?

Gilformen

this is a very odd idea, i know, its just a thought.

in the grand exchange, you dont see individual offers, and you have no idea who you are selling to or buying from.

what if people attempting to sell rares in the grand exchange arent actually selling to other people, what if the exchange 'buys' it, so the player gets the money, but the rare is taken out of the system? im not saying its happening now, i really doubt it, but it could be implemented in the future.

this could be a way to try to take rares out of the game quietly.

thoughts?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

God damnit. Has this forum changed to 'General conspiracy theories' or something?

No-one uses the exchange to sell rares. Even if they did, Jagex would not do this.

For the 500th time, over the last 6 six years:

JAGEX DO NOT HATE RARES. IF THEY DID THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM OUT OF THE GAME OR MADE THEM UNTRADEABLE.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

God damnit. Has this forum changed to 'General conspiracy theories' or something?

No-one uses the exchange to sell rares. Even if they did, Jagex would not do this.

For the 500th time, over the last 6 six years:

JAGEX DO NOT HATE RARES. IF THEY DID THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM OUT OF THE GAME OR MADE THEM UNTRADEABLE.

So jagex hates bunny ears, scythes, yo-yos, ect... ?

They made rares untradable because people merchanted them. They turned what was supposed to be a fun holiday thing into a thing that people lost friends, hacked otehrs, ect.. to get. so now we have untradeables.

Jagex wouldnt take the rares out of the game..but that would be awfully sneaky :twisted:

And to all the people complaining about GE topics, DUH THERES GONNA BE ALOT OF THEM! it is a huge update. and this is general discussion, find something else to complain about.

35b9enp.jpg

If Jagex is serious about its campaign to rid the game of money obsession, they MUST do something about rares. They are just a festering wound that gets worse every year.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Seriously folks, I feel like there should be a "Jagex Conspiracies" forum.

Anyway, there's no way Jagex is trying to destroy rares because if they really did try to get rid of rares, it accomplishes nothing and it only annoys people. It'd annoy more people if they were untradable.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I ddin't think JageX hated the duel arena either (look how long dueling has been around). And as spoofer has already stated, From bunny ears on they are untradable.

Anyway, there's no way Jagex is trying to destroy rares because if they really did try to get rid of rares, it accomplishes nothing and it only annoys people. It'd annoy more people if they were untradable.

On the contrary. Getting rid of rares is an essential part of fighting money obsession, scamming, abusive merchanting (not ALL merchanting) and RWT.

Rares are the ONLY thing that massive amounts of $ are needed for in this game, and pursuit of them is behind a huge host of the game's problems.

They should have been taken out years ago, but later is better than never.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Ooo never thought about it that way.

Well done for thinking it. I don't know if they're trying to get rid of rares really because its a part of the game that alot of people utilise (Duel arena :XD: )

I don't know about this one but i highly doubt it :o

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear