Boycott runescape to save it please read!

twistedlife

Please I beg you all boycott runescape on dec. 15 2007 we shall not let jagex rip apart this game that we all know and love so much. I know many of you are thinking "wth is this guy talking about, why would i boycott runescape!?!"

but please think of a moment jagex has not been listening to there players, all they want to get rid of RWT but all they are doing is getting rid of the real players and is making more people RWT (by quitting and selling there things) . I can think of tens of thousands of ways jagex is ripping apart there once good game and I know most of you can think of many yourself.

OK so if you support please say so in your post and if you don't not tell me why you don't not. if all gos well runescape may be saved and with any luck better then it ever was before and I know we all want that

ps. if this by anyway breaks the rules of these forums o well i don't give a well you know what.

supporter's 1

-twistedlife

we shall stand and fight, they shall fight and die! this is runescape!!!

plese for the love of rs join my boycott of rs dec. 15

If you don't like the updates, complain at a rant forum. But please don't bother us with a boycott. You and I know very well that this boycott is never going to happen.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

If you don't like the updates, go complain on a rant forum. But please don't bother us with a boycott. You and I know very well that this boycott is never going to happen.

Where the hell are we?

But a boycott will never happen on RS. unless Jagex seriously screws up.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If you don't like the updates, go complain on a rant forum. But please don't bother us with those boykot thingies. You and I know very well that this boykot is nevver going to happen.

OK Liston I'm going everywhere and anywhere i can to get as many people as i can to boycott runescape i I'm doing this for the good of rs i don't care if i only get one other person to join but at least I'm trying unlike you and tbh i already quit rs long ago but now this is just getting out of hand.

this boycott will happen and jagex will Liston i don't care if it kills me it will happen. plus i got my friends to go around and spread the word as well.

p.s learn some grammar man. or at least get a good spell check 8-)

edit: to the last poster dont you think they have already

If you don't like the updates, go complain on a rant forum. But please don't bother us with those boykot thingies. You and I know very well that this boykot is nevver going to happen.

OK Liston I'm going everywhere and anywhere i can to get as many people as i can to boycott runescape i I'm doing this for the good of rs i don't care if i only get one other person to join but at least I'm trying unlike you and tbh i already quit rs long ago but now this is just getting out of hand.

this boycott will happen and jagex will Liston i don't care if it kills me it will happen. plus i got my friends to go around and spread the word as well.

Hypocrisy.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

At the fear of being so harsh as to merit a temporary ban, I will instead choose to wish you good luck whilst laughing from behind the monitor.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

At the fear of being so harsh as to merit a temporary ban, I will instead choose to wish you good luck whilst laughing from behind the monitor.

OK you do that as I watch you and RS take a nosedive straight to hell and anyways what is so hard about not playing for 1 day?It cant be that bad that you cant take a day off for a boycott and whats so bad about a boycott anyways jagex needs to find out that the players don't like what they have been doing to us.

:wall: Do you even know what you' re saying? Rune Scape improved, it' s slowly getting better. There are actually less bots in the game, the game itslef is getting smoother and more fun to play, sure they messed up some updates like the staking limit, but all in all they' ve been doing an excelent job. And one will not, I repeat, WILL NOT solve your "problem". It' ll only give the servers a day off to take a breather. Now, take this pathetic excuse of a rant back to the RSOF, there you' ll actually get some supporters. Don' t expect this here.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Lol. Even IF everyone in Runescape logged off for a day Jagex wouldn't care much because we pay by the month.

How about instead of trying to start ridiculous riots and boycotts you post some ideas on the RSOF's suggestions forum? Despite the illusion that Jagex doesn't consider ideas on this forum (obviously they do), you're way more likely to get their attention that way.

OK you do that as I watch you and RS take a nosedive straight to hell and anyways what is so hard about not playing for 1 day?It cant be that bad that you cant take a day off for a boycott and whats so bad about a boycott anyways jagex needs to find out that the players don't like what they have been doing to us.

Well, considering I havn't played in over a year, on top of the lunacy and lack of forethought of literally everything you've written thusfar, I'm just going to continue laughing.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

First of all you shouldnt say stuff like at least your trying, this is a stupid idea that will never work. You would get 100 people at most to do it with you........ that would really have a serious impact on jagex's view :roll:

At least pati is clever enough to realise that this idea is stupid

Second of all is you quit a long time ago why do you care, its hardly like it has a impact on your daily life now.

Third of all jagex wont listen at all :roll: . If i was a J mod or worker i would just laugh at your feeble attempt

Fourth of all this isnt ''our'' game. It belongs to jagex, its trademarked by jagex and all rights belong to jagex. They can go where they want with it and im actuly very happy about recent updates

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"Hello, irony police? Yes, I have a Pee-H-ae-aye-el in progress."

Idontgiveadamn.gif

Effective Date: 8th January, 2007

Terms and Conditions

Introduction

This website is owned and operated by Jagex Limited ("Jagex"), a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 3982706). Our registered office is at St Andrews House, 90 St Andrews Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB4 1DL. Our VAT number is 791 951 784.

Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Your accepting them in full is a condition of your use of this site (whether or not you subscribe). If you don't agree with them, or any part, please don't use this site. Your use of this site is treated as an acceptance of the version of the terms and conditions in effect at the time of your use.

We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Please check them whenever you return to the site. We will treat your continued use of our site as acceptance of these changes from their effective date as shown above.

If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us via email at and do not use the site until you are satisfied with and can accept these terms and conditions in full.

Definitions

In these Terms and Conditions, "the Game" is used as shorthand for "RuneScapeÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî" in all its versions (including RuneScape Classic).

References to "Terminating" an account include all or any of: locking / suspending, temporarily banning or permanently banning the account.

A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PRETEENS AND USERS UNDER 18

If you are under 13 years old, you must not create an account. We don't knowingly permit anyone under 13 to use this website. Nor do we knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from preteens. Internet safety experts have advised that preteens do not fully appreciate the risk of providing too much personal information online or communicating with strangers they encounter online. And the game difficulty level is for teenagers and older. While we appreciate that many preteens would want to use our websites, we urge parents to instruct their children not to lie about their age so as to be able to use our websites before they are old enough. Instead, we recommend that parents set up an account and play together with their preteens who are otherwise too young to play the Game. Many parents have reported that playing the Game as a family is fun and rewarding. Then when your children are 13 they will be ready for their own account.

If you are under 18, by using our website you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have permission from your parents or legal guardian to use our sites and to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. We reserve the right to Terminate any account if we are not satisfied that such permission has been given.

If we are notified by a parent that their preteen has lied about their age when registering on our site, we will Terminate the account provided we have confirmation which satisfies us that the reporting person is indeed the parent.

Parents can find more information about the Game and how to contact us in the Parents' Guide section of our Knowledge Base.

Safety / abuse

Before playing the Game you should read the guides found in our Safety & Security Guidelines section. Of particular importance, please read the Play Safely Guide and the Health & Safety Guide. Parents may want to review our safety materials in the Player Safety section of the Parents' Guide.

Whilst we reserve the right to monitor and take action upon inappropriate use of this website (including the posting of inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable material via the chat facility or otherwise), we cannot guarantee that this website won't contain such content or that we will remove / modify any particular content. Nor can we guarantee that users will comply with our terms and conditions or otherwise behave appropriately.

If you are the victim of offensive or inappropriate behaviour or receive any other unwanted communications, you must use the built-in facilities to block the messages. (See this article in our Knowledge Base for guidance on blocking messages.) You must report all inappropriate behaviour to us via the in game "Report abuse" button. You should also seek external help. If you continue to suffer problems, or are not satisfied, then you must stop using this website immediately.

Your account

To play the Game or use many features of this site, we require you to create an account. All valid account holders are hereby licensed to play the Game and to download and use our client software and connect to our servers for the sole purpose of playing the Game subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.

You must not choose a username that infringes the rights of any third party, impersonates Jagex staff or other users, which is deliberately confusing or which is offensive, racist, obscene, hurtful, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or which breaches the username requirements specified on our site or our Rules of Conduct. We reserve the right to make such assessment in our sole discretion, change any username for any reason or take such other action as we believe appropriate.

You agree to keep your password safe at all times and not to disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for the activities of all persons who use your password to gain access to your account. To help ensure the safety of your password, you must keep your computer free of viruses and other malicious code including Trojans. You must use your password in accordance with the password requirements specified on our site and our Rules of Conduct. Real Jagex staff will never ask you for your password. If you believe that someone has stolen your password or otherwise gained access to your account - submit an Account Recovery request via the Account Recovery link on the front page of our website. To see our guidance about password security and safety practices in our Knowledge Base, please click here.

Rules

You must comply with our Rules of Conduct as well as any other guidelines, codes of conduct or instructions on our site. You will find our Rules of Conduct here:

Rule 1 - Offensive Language

Rule 2 - Item Scamming

Rule 3 - Password Scamming

Rule 4 - Cheating/Bug Abuse

Rule 5 - Jagex Staff Impersonation

Rule 6 - Account Sharing/Trading

Rule 7 - Using Third Party Software

Rule 8 - Multiple Logging-In

Rule 9 - Encouraging Others to Break Rules

Rule 10 - False Representation

Rule 11 - Advertising/Website

Rule 12 - Real World Item Trading

Rule 13 - Personal Details

Rule 14 - Misuse of Official Forums

Rule 15 - Advert Blocking

Our rights

If, acting reasonably, we consider that our terms and conditions have or may have been breached, or that it is necessary in order to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, the Game, other players or the general public or to minimize our liability to others, we reserve the right with or without prior notice to (amongst other things): Terminate (as defined above) or modify any or all accounts of the Game (or any of our other games) which we think are connected with you and/or otherwise block your access to our websites and services and take such other steps as we consider reasonable. Such actions may result in loss of membership credit without refund and/or loss of real money paid as part of any item / account trading or other prohibited transaction.

For the purpose of preventing or stopping breach of our terms and conditions or any harm or damage to us, the Game, other players or the general public or to minimize our liability to others, we may in our absolute discretion automatically or manually monitor, censor (including rejection or removal of any content) and/or record public or private chat or other activities in the Game.

Intellectual property rights

JagexÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî and RuneScapeÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî are registered trade marks of Jagex Limited in the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify the Game client software in any way. You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software. You must not create or provide any other means by which the Game may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).

Materials (including without limit all information, software, data, text, photographs, graphics, sound and video) placed on this website by us or on our behalf are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights of ourselves or our business partners / suppliers / advertisers. You may not use these materials or this website except to play the Game in accordance with these terms and conditions and for personal (i.e. non-commercial) use only.

You agree that your Game character, account and items are and will remain our property.

By posting chat or other materials on this website, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free worldwide license to use and/or modify such materials on this website as we see fit.

You agree that by submitting any material of any kind to us for any purpose connected with the Game or website (non-exhaustive examples are suggestions and ideas for the Game or contributions to the Gallery page), you are giving us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use and/or modify the submitted materials as we see fit. You agree that you will not withdraw the submission or attempt to make a charge for its use. Furthermore you guarantee that you are the exclusive copyright holder in relation to the submission and that the submission in no way breaches the rights of any other person or entity.

Subscription

Some parts of the Game are subscription-based. If you apply for a subscription, you guarantee that all the information that you submit is true and accurate (including without limit your credit card number and expiration date, and other payment details). You agree to pay all subscription fees specified when you apply including all applicable taxes. Unless otherwise stated, all prices shown for EU countries include VAT.

By submitting your order you are making an offer to subscribe to the Game. Your offer is accepted and a binding contract occurs when we send a message to your Game mail inbox confirming that your payment has been received or if you log into a members only world (whichever comes first).

All subscription payments will continue to be taken at the relevant intervals (e.g. monthly in the case of monthly subscriptions) until you cancel your subscription (see below).

Payments by credit cards are also subject to our credit card agreement which forms part of these terms and conditions.

We reserve the right to alter the amount or terms of our subscription fees at any time. If so, we will give notice by sending a message to your Game mail inbox (which you should check regularly) notifying you of the price change and at the same time posting a message which will be visible when you next log in to the game. The change will not take effect for at least 30 days from the date when our message has been first accessed, thereby giving you an opportunity to cancel your subscription if you would prefer not to pay the new fee. If you do not cancel before the effective date, then the new fee will apply.

We reserve the right to charge you for any unauthorized use of your subscription by third parties.

Cancellation by you

You may cancel your subscription at any time by clicking here or selecting the "Cancel an Existing Subscription" link on the homepage of our site.

Upon cancellation you will not be charged any further subscription fees. No payments already made will be refunded (wholly or partly) but you can of course use up any unused membership credit in the account.

For important information about the legal cancellation rights of EU consumers, please click here

Privacy policy

For a description of how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy policy.

Availability

We will make reasonable commercial efforts to keep downtime to a minimum but we can't promise that this website or any data stored or transmitted in connection with it will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free or will achieve particular results. We reserve the right to suspend operation of some or all this website at any time without notice for repair, maintenance, improvement or otherwise.

Other equipment / software

We make no promise that this website will operate either fully or in part on any specific computer equipment or with any specific software or that it is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology. We are not responsible or liable for any damage, either temporary or permanent, occurring to either equipment or software that might occur whilst using our website.

Jagex.com and other links

This website contains links to our site Jagex.com, which is subject to separate terms and conditions.

This website also includes links to other internet sites. We make no promises about those sites or their content, nor that the links work. Those sites are likely to have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.

OUR LIABILITY / YOUR INDEMNITY

THIS SECTION (AND ANY OTHER CLAUSE EXCLUDING OR RESTRICTING OUR LIABILITY) APPLIES TO OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES AS WELL AS TO US. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY WAY LIMITS OR EXCLUDES OUR LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE CAUSING DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OR FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT LEGALLY BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, COLLATERALLY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL.

TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTORY DUTY OR COLLATERALLY OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THIS WEBSITE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OR ANY ECONOMIC LOSSES (INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, CONTRACTS, BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS) OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSS OF DATA, IN EACH CASE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE AND HOWSOEVER INCURRED.

OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTORY DUTY OR COLLATERALLY OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50, OR THE SUMS PAID BY YOU TO US IN RESPECT OF ANY TWELVE MONTH PERIOD, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.

ALL CLAIMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING AND BROUGHT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF THEIR OCCURRENCE OR WAIVED.

YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY JAGEX AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL THIRD PARTY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR COSTS ARISING FROM YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING REASONABLE LAWYERS' FEES AND COSTS.

Assignment

You may not transfer any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent.

General

Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. Headings above are for guidance only and not binding. If we fail to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions, that failure will not preclude us from enforcing either that provision (or any similar provision) on a later occasion. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions remain in full force and effect. Save in respect of clauses excluding or restricting our liability a person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement. These terms and conditions and our Privacy policy are governed by English law and any dispute connected with them or our website are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

Complaints

If you are dissatisfied with this website or any aspect of it, please contact us via the forms on our website or write to our registered office above.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé Jagex Limited 2007

The two things that I've taken the liberty of highlighting for you break your argument. I can't boycott your cat. It's your property. Even if you could, dissatification is not really a very good reason to boycott anything. A good reason might be lack of political correctness, or something like that. If you don't like it, you may quit. As I see you already have. Argument over, thread=pwned.

I'd like to knock down your argument even more, just 'cause I can. You don't have to tell me how old you are, but you need to be in the age of majority to boycott things.

[English translation needed]

If you don't like the updates, go complain on a rant forum. But please don't bother us with those boycott things. You and I know very well that this boycott is never going to happen.

OK Lipton I'm going everywhere and anywhere I can to get lots of people to boycott Runescape. I'm doing this for the good of RS. I don't care if I only get one person to join but at least I'm trying, unlike you. To be honest I already quit RS long ago, but now this is just getting out of hand.

This boycott will happen and Jagex will drink Lipton tea. I don't care if it kills me;it will happen. Plus, I also got my friends to go and spread the word as well.

P.S Learn some grammar man, or at least get a good spell check 8-)

Edit: To the last poster- don't you think they have already?

Are you talking about Lipton ice tea?? I'm very thirsty, would you be kind enough to pour me a glass??

P.S Learn some real grammar before flaming others, or at least get a working shift key. :roll:

On topic- This is Jagex's game, not yours. It is not a democracy either, so they really don't have to listen to the players if they don't want to.

Jagex was really fed up with real life trading. They tried doing it the "nice" way at first, relying only on their mysterious detection systems to track down the buyers, but the goldfarmers and spoiled little brats had to ruin it for the honest players. Because of them, the duel area got nuked, the party room got nuked, and I just can't wait to see what happens next.

I'd rather give up some things though so that this horrendous plague can be stopped. I might even host a counter-riot. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Boy who would've thought that the reason you're trying and he isn't is because he's NOT trying to boycott runescape?

You quit a long time ago, why didn't you just stay gone instead of posting idiotic threads on fansites (I'll reiterate that this is a...fansite. That's a website...for fans...that means they like the game)

And the way I see it, until your boycott is listed on the Ethical Consumer, which it isn't and won't be, It's not a valid boycott. There's a difference between a moral boycott and a couple of 12 year olds who've never met each other sitting in Falador or in an IRC chat room repeating "YA JADEX SUXX0RZ! BOYCOT!!!! WE WILL PRESERVERE1!1ONEONE!"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

"yeah! that will show them!!!!"

sigh :roll:

Just as dumb as when ppl say "Boycott gas for a day, that will show the gas guys we are fed up with the price gouging, and we are not going to take it sitting down".........and then you fill up the day prior and day after.....and life goes on

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Guys lay off with the grammar-nazism.

Despite being one myself, please show the maturity to not revert back to complaining about grammar and spelling when your arguement fails or you can't think of anything better to say.

spacescenev24.jpg

Despite being one myself, please show the maturity to not revert back to complaining about grammar and spelling when your arguement fails or you can't think of anything better to say.

But... my argument doesn't fail. My argument pwned his thread. :/

[English translation needed]

Sorry. It's hard to keep my inner grammar Nazi contained when I see a hypocrite. :lol:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I'm confused.

OK to most people that's nothing unusual for me.

But is it me or have you not posted a reason to boycott.

I'm getting the idea that you want us to boycott because they are making Real World Trading even more difficult, I hope I'm wrong but that's the only hint of a reason you mentioned for boycotting.

If that is the case, I whole heartedly support your boycott, Please do boycott the game on the 15th, But I say you are not going far enough, you should at least include the 16th and 17th, hell why not make it a week.

No you know what would make a real statement?

If you quit the game and never played again.

Bye!

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting