Re-list your items on the Grand Exchange

Capone_Sabre

For some reason, the set price for a lot of items on the exchange has just gone up by 1gp. In fact all 6 items I was selling have gone up by 1gp.

This means if you were buying or selling an item at the minimum price, that your offer is now outside the price range for the item and the transaction is impossible.

For example: I was selling super restore pots for the minimum price of 6069. Because the price has gone up by 1gp, this meant the new minimum was 6070 and therefore it was not possible for anyone to buy my pots.

Just thought I'd warn everyone that they might need to re-list their items.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

All six items you were selling went up by 1 gp? That is odd. Thanks for the advice, Ive got 4 items listed at the minimum right now.

No problem. It seems to be happening with most items. I've spoken to a lot of people about it so far and the only items it appears to have not affected are low value stackable items like iron arrows.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Hmm... Chefs hats didnt get up :( Still at 1-2gp.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Sounds more like Jagex bumping the prices to clear the backlog of minimum price sell orders. Depending on how many people re-offer their items a the new minimums, it should help to clear out the GE a bit and make selling a little easier.

chumley.png

Why would it go up if you were selling at minimum price and nobody bought yours?

Cause JaGEx messed something up?

EDIT: Ah, chumley9 has a good idea.

Idk, my Lava Battlestaves went up in 1 gp as well, and I've had A LOT in there selling for minimum price and none sold since GE opened.

icecube7.jpeg

Why would it go up if you were selling at minimum price and nobody bought you out?

I think chumley9 has hit the nail right on the head. That's the only realistic reason for this happening.

Capone_Sabre.png

I can't believe Jagex managed to screw up something like the GE. Countless mmorpgs have implemented an alike feature with great success. Jagex just had to copy one of those successful methods and everything would have been fine.

Like in Dofus, you have an npc auction system. It works like this: they only show one item for each kind of item. Example, there is 5 players selling a tofu's feather price like this: 10, 12, 15, 18, 20.

You talk to the npc, you type tofu's feather in the search box, and then you get at the file for the tofu feather, and you see one being sold at 10 kamas. The cheapest is always shown first. You buy it, and the player who was selling it gets the money at the bank. Then, player 2 comes and looks up the tofu feather, the cheapest one is now 12. He closes the window and thinks about it. Meanwhile, another player comes and puts to sale another tofu feather for 10 kamas. Player 2 goes back to the file, sees that now the cheapest tofu's feather is 10 and buys it.

A system like this in Runescape would mean that you can overprice an item, but it never sells. If a player by example prices a spinach roll for 100k, but that there is already 10 000 spinach rolls at the normal price, the 100k spinach roll will never even come up on the screen because there will always be cheaper ones.

Or, the classical system in which there's a search option, you type the keywords and then you get some results of the item at various prices and then you buy what you want. It could have been that simple...

But no, they had to do things their way, and just screw it all up. I'm just so pissed off at Jagex, anybody would have made a better job than them at this. Andrew, not only are you ugly as hell, but you're stupid, so stupid. You really don't deserve any money, from anyone.

2480+ total

I can't believe Jagex managed to screw up something like the GE. Countless mmorpgs have implemented an alike feature with great success. Jagex just had to copy one of those successful methods and everything would have been fine.

Like in Dofus, you have an npc auction system. It works like this: they only show one item for each kind of item. Example, there is 5 players selling a tofu's feather price like this: 10, 12, 15, 18, 20.

You talk to the npc, you type tofu's feather in the search box, and then you get at the file for the tofu feather, and you see one being sold at 10 kamas. The cheapest is always shown first. You buy it, and the player who was selling it gets the money at the bank. Then, player 2 comes and looks up the tofu feather, the cheapest one is now 12. He closes the window and thinks about it. Meanwhile, another player comes and puts to sale another tofu feather for 10 kamas. Player 2 goes back to the file, sees that now the cheapest tofu's feather is 10 and buys it.

A system like this in Runescape would mean that you can overprice an item, but it never sells. If a player by example prices a spinach roll for 100k, but that there is already 10 000 spinach rolls at the normal price, the 100k spinach roll will never even come up on the screen because there will always be cheaper ones.

Or, the classical system in which there's a search option, you type the keywords and then you get some results of the item at various prices and then you buy what you want. It could have been that simple...

But no, they had to do things their way, and just screw it all up. I'm just so pissed off at Jagex, anybody would have made a better job than them at this. Andrew, not only are you ugly as hell, but you're stupid, so stupid. You really don't deserve any money, from anyone.

yea but in dofus not all the worlds are connected... (RUSHU FTW xD)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

yea but in dofus not all the worlds are connected...

It doesn't matter. In Dofus each server has a mini economy with their own prices. in Runescape the prices simply would be global, like one giant server.

2480+ total

Why would it go up if you were selling at minimum price and nobody bought yours?

Idk, my Lava Battlestaves went up in 1 gp as well, and I've had A LOT in there selling for minimum price and none sold since GE opened.

so that why myne dont sell...cause people r buying from you... :-k

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I don't know if the cause of the 1 gp bump was natural or intentional, but I would make one suggestion:

If you are selling on the low end of the scale, and the price readjusts to take you off the range, shouldn't you just sell at the new low-end price? I can't think of a reason why someone would be upset for selling something at a higher price than they listed.

I see some value in shaking off stale offers, but part of the GE's value is that you can forget about the items until they sell. I don't think this is what happened here. My theory would be that, since we're now a week after the update, the market value protocol can take a full running average to set item price.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I don't know if the cause of the 1 gp bump was natural or intentional, but I would make one suggestion:

If you are selling on the low end of the scale, and the price readjusts to take you off the range, shouldn't you just sell at the new low-end price? I can't think of a reason why someone would be upset for selling something at a higher price than they listed.

I see some value in shaking off stale offers, but part of the GE's value is that you can forget about the items until they sell. I don't think this is what happened here. My theory would be that, since we're now a week after the update, the market value protocol can take a full running average to set item price.

Yes that is true but you are not told in game that the price has changed, therefore you are not aware unless you go to the exchange yourself that your offer is now out of range and untradeable.

If people were not aware of the 1gp bump in price, or simply did not notice, they might have had items listed for a long time outside the range and wasted a lot of selling time, in which time the value of the items would probably depreciated even more. This thread was not made to complain, simply to inform people that they needed to re-list their prices at the new prices.

Highlanders, an auction system like that would certainly be more useful to us ordinary players. However I believe Jagex are concerned that a system like that could be used to disguise RWT. For example, if a RWT trader puts up burnt cod for 1 million, it isn't very likely that another player is selling burnt cod and their "partner in crime" would be able to buy it.

I'm not saying that it is reasonable of Jagex to put limitations on the system for that purpose. I just think that is their "logic".

Capone_Sabre.png

y_anima"]

so that why myne dont sell...cause people r buying from you... :-k

But I haven't sold any! None at all!

:cry:

icecube7.jpeg

I"m not entierly sure that is correct, as when I had a conversation with a Jagex Mod, he stated that 'your items automatically reprice during a shift in the market price'.

So why exactly did the price of almost every item increase by the exact same amount (1gp) at the exact same time this morning? When some of these items were already overpriced and have not sold at the minimum price since the release of the exchange?

Jagex mods say a lot of things.

Capone_Sabre.png

I"m not entierly sure that is correct, as when I had a conversation with a Jagex Mod, he stated that 'your items automatically reprice during a shift in the market price'.

So why exactly did the price of almost every item increase by the exact same amount (1gp) at the exact same time this morning? When some of these items were already overpriced and have not sold at the minimum price since the release of the exchange?

Sorry! :( I was just trying to share what I knew on the topic! If what you say is correct however, it's proof on how Jagex now has complete control on the economy.

tipitsig.png

Sorry! :( I was just trying to share what I knew on the topic! If what you say is correct however, it's proof on how Jagex now has complete control on the economy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh. :P

In general what the Jmod said is correct, prices appear to be moving in response to the demands on the market. But the 1gp price jump today shows that Jagex are still willing to excercise control over the economy.

Capone_Sabre.png