An idea to stop all autoers? Pros-Cons?

KnightLite

Well.. here is my "ingenious" idea...

Why not give every person in RuneScape, a power to be able to ban somebody..?

Here's how it would work...

Instead of a 'Report Abuse' button for reporting autoers.. you right click them, and are given an option "Send Nudge" or something along those lines..

Right click the player "Knight Lite"

Click "Send Nudge"

When you do this, it could bring up a small window on "Knight Lite's" RuneScape screen. A simple "solve the math problem" of 2+4 or something random with 4 answers. If Knight Lite doesn't answer the question within 10 minutes of gametime, he will be temporarily banned for 1 hour while a mod looks into the last 60 seconds of gameplay...

Each player would get 20 nudges per 24 hours of gametime.

If you send 50 nudges and fail to get a 1 hour ban on a player, you will recieve a 1 day ban.

Another random idea, if you get nudged, RuneScape could play a little *beep* sound or something. Nothing annoying, just something simple to let you know not to be afk anymore, if you are actually in the room :evil:

Just an idea I was kinda randomly thinking about..

Post your feedback :D

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Simple answer: No.

Long answer: No and we've already been here before. They are called random events, and considering how easily bots bypass these, bots will just as easily bypass these new ones. Not to mention the insane amounts of "collateral damage" that would ensue.

Why bother stopping the bots? With the difficulty of transferring in game items for (in game or real world) currency, they are a dying breed.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Bad idea.

Easily abusable

And the bot problem is a dying breed.

With all the measure implemented it has become increasing impossible for bots to transfer items about without being noticed.

What do you think all these updates are for?

Previous Jagex had to track trades and try stop unbalanced ones.

Now most trades run through ge, duel arena has a 3k per hour limit, party petes tells the whole world and delays for big balloon drops and it seems pking loot piles are going to get a nudge in this direction.

The simple result of all these updates is: the only viable way for bots to give items to the "main" that sells them is through traditional trades. With far less trades running through the system Jagex can easily spot every last one unbalanced trade that happens. Meaning they can effectively ban the main accounts and the bots more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bad idea.

Easily abusable

And the bot problem is a dying breed.

With all the measure implemented it has become increasing impossible for bots to transfer items about without being noticed.

What do you think all these updates are for?

Previous Jagex had to track trades and try stop unbalanced ones.

Now most trades run through ge, duel arena has a 3k per hour limit, party petes tells the whole world and delays for big balloon drops and it seems pking loot piles are going to get a nudge in this direction.

The simple result of all these updates is: the only viable way for bots to give items to the "main" that sells them is through traditional trades. With far less trades running through the system Jagex can easily spot every last one unbalanced trade that happens. Meaning they can effectively ban the main accounts and the bots more.

nicely put, i did not consider party pete to be like that.

Reasonable idea, my version from 1-1.5 years ago had people be able to challenge someone once an hour (or be challenged once an hour).

If you failed enough challenges, anyone could attack you anywhere.

Also: news flash to everyone that believes that bots are a dying breed - it currently takes Jagex 3+ weeks to ban a bot (from the time that you report it).

Reasonable idea, my version from 1-1.5 years ago had people be able to challenge someone once an hour (or be challenged once an hour).

Also: news flash to everyone that believes that bots are a dying breed - it currently takes Jagex 3+ weeks to ban a bot (from the time that you report it).

Considering they can ban 10000+ bots per week, why is that even a problem? Stop making assumptions based off of the extremely limited amount of information you have

Furthermore, the bots are a dying breed simply because RWT is so difficult now.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Moved to the correct forum.

Laikrob,

TIp.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Considering they can ban 10000+ bots per week, why is that even a problem? Stop making assumptions based off of the extremely limited amount of information you have

Furthermore, the bots are a dying breed simply because RWT is so difficult now.

As i explained

bots have to trade to thier mains then onto buyers in unbalanced trades.

In the trade system these would hardto spot due to sheer volume - GE empties trade system, these trades are easily spotted.

Gem cutting etc caused unbalanced trades whihc could cause confusion - req assist got rid of trust trades, making less unblanaced trades

Duel Arena was used for item shifting outside of trades - 3k limit stops this being done on mass

Party Pete balloon drop was being used for this - the annoucnments by bankers etc means it's hard to transfer bigt amounts

Wildy killing for loot is the only remaining major way to do this easily, but it seems jagexd will tweak that this month.

Basically bots are now being limited so they CAN only trade to transfer items and with the trade system so empty Jagex can easily pick them upnow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As i explained

bots have to trade to thier mains then onto buyers in unbalanced trades.

In the trade system these would hardto spot due to sheer volume - GE empties trade system, these trades are easily spotted.

Gem cutting etc caused unbalanced trades whihc could cause confusion - req assist got rid of trust trades, making less unblanaced trades

Duel Arena was used for item shifting outside of trades - 3k limit stops this being done on mass

Party Pete balloon drop was being used for this - the annoucnments by bankers etc means it's hard to transfer bigt amounts

Wildy killing for loot is the only remaining major way to do this easily, but it seems jagexd will tweak that this month.

Basically bots are now being limited so they CAN only trade to transfer items and with the trade system so empty Jagex can easily pick them upnow.

They've blocked the trade thru a store method.

I assume gravestones will also block arranging to die to a monster trades.

All that's left is: acct to acct trades and drop trades.

I'm not convinced about their ability to detect 'imbalanced trades'; they've fibbed about things many a time before. Also, lots of people give presents to friends or lend things to friends.

And even if acct-to-acct trade detection works, drop trades in secluded spots are a huge loophole.

I wish that they'd quest-lock acct-to-acct trade behind a 1-2 hr long highly variable quest and either get rid of drop trades or hide them behind acct-to-acct as well.

I don't think so. noobs would continuously do this and they people who would want free things could just go to the dag area and keep nudging the people who are working on the kings. This would be a disaster since people can stay there for hours at a time, but cannot do anything since they will be under constant barrage by enemies.

However, it is a very creative idea that might work if work with some adjustments.

It can be abusable. Multiple people could just keep sending "nudges". Lag may occur, and will temporarily ban them.

10 minutes of lag? If you're lagging that badly, then you can go 1 hour without playing Rs2..

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

As said by others, autoers are a dying breed. We've sacrificed a lot to do this, and RS doesn't want to take any more hits 'for the greater good'.

What exactly is the autoer population like now? Is it going down or what?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Edit - delete this post.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

As said by others, autoers are a dying breed. We've sacrificed a lot to do this, and RS doesn't want to take any more hits 'for the greater good'.

What exactly is the autoer population like now? Is it going down or what?

It's begining to waver.

They are getting stuck with actually trading thier produce thanks to jagex intervention measures and some of the people who run them are realising this so seem to be giving up on replacing bot that get banned.

Though equally since the GE came out it seems Jagex can get them banned much quicker (see my comments about less trades so easier to spot)

Plv6Dz6.jpg