If Belgium splits in two, who gets Brussels?

YourOldFriendIsBack

My rebuttal: a squadron of B 17 Flying Fortresses, a load of anti-tank ordnance, and a looped track of Navras

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it, nor the same punch of symbolism.

Pfft, leaders don't need symbolism. Just results. And these can definetely get results.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Well, if Belgium really would split, then Brussels would probably become the capital of Flanders. I doubt it really will split, although Leterme sure took his time to tell us he can't do it after all :D .

The situation is indeed to complex to let it split up IMO

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I hope my country won't split. We're havin a stupid political crisis over nothing...

Who would get brussels well i think they would need a year or 3 to deicide that... It would probably be like what Sumpta13 is saying, I think.

I hope we get to re-vote, the biggest partie (CD&V-N.VA) would lose votes and i'd love that to happen, I would also be able to vote for my first time! I'll make a huge difference! :roll:

I don't think they really would lose votes. Who would everyone vote on then? Dedecker is the only viable option then IMO :P . Remember, VLD messed up in the last years, so they wont suddenly get alot of votes. VB lost alot of votes allready, but I don't think they will be getting them back if there's a revote because everyone that doesn't know who to vote for votes for Lijst Dedecker now.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I hope my country won't split. We're havin a stupid political crisis over nothing...

Who would get brussels well i think they would need a year or 3 to deicide that... It would probably be like what Sumpta13 is saying, I think.

I hope we get to re-vote, the biggest partie (CD&V-N.VA) would lose votes and i'd love that to happen, I would also be able to vote for my first time! I'll make a huge difference! :roll:

tbh VB will come out as the big winner cause flemish people dont like Walloons anymore and in a recent poll it was show that CD&V/NVA will still be no1 party in Flanders.

But Belgium wont split, it would be too hard and cost too much money

Necrossigv3.jpg

Well I certainly don't hope Flanders comes back to join Holland. I don't want those weird speaking people here :P Allthough it will probably mean the roads in Flemish territory will finally be fixed if they join with Holland.

But, yeah, I think they will eventually split. The Walloons are leeching of the Flems and my guess is the Flems will be fed up with that just about now. Also it's two different cultures and they don't exactly like eachother.

Both sides (flemish and vallon) are in some sort of trench war. they both want to be right, but no progress is made...

Belgian people suffer the most because of this, because since we don't have any gouverment (spelling?) our country is becoming kinda chaotic.

Belgium is now a federal state, with the 3 part (Flanders, wallony, and brussels). All political parties agree that there should be a change in the constitution, which gives each part of belgium more authority in specific matters such as social security.

The problem is the contents of this reformation. Wallon parties want only minor changes, because at the moment there's a big economical and social difference between flanders and wallony (flanders giving billions of Euros to wallony). And Wallony doesn't want the money flow to stop.

Flanders wants to be more independent, and therefor wants drastic changes.

Alot of belgians fear now that the more radical parties (VB is extreme 'conservative') will gain votes.

In my opinion, belgium won't be able to split, cause Brussels is the main problem. We a monarchy, the royal family lives in brussels. The walloons are very fond of the royal family.80% of ppl living in brussels speak french, yet brussels lies completely on the territory of flanders.

Splitting belgium would brign along more problems than we already have now.

I hope a solution will be here soon, but i fear the opposite.

Belgium is a sad story.

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD