The GOOD from the updates

1unahtreiloh

more people actually going out and earning their skill levels instead of buying their way up, which is pathetic and lazy

so stop living in your Ids for a moment and start using that Ego that (i hope) none of you lack, and look at the positives of these updates, not just the negatives

I find this particularly offensive. Everyone at some level or another makes a decision about leveling that involves purchase of a item vs the time cost of making each little ingredient. By this logic buying seeds is "lazy". I sir, play RS for my beloved ID which gets damned little exercise in the world of work.

As I work a huge number of hours per week, you bet my ID needs a bit of stroking. And for Guthix' sake will you please STOP trying to tell others just HOW to spend their $5.00! RS is a wonderful place with myriad methods to find enjoyment. I truly feel for those who have lost their favorite ways of playing and wish them all luck whether staying or going.

And your psuedo Freudian analysis is completely non applicable in this setting. You are simply making yourself look plain silly. :wall:

Merry [garden tool] [garden tool] Ya'll :mrgreen:

Tishala.png

If people wanted to play a grindfest, there are plenty of other games to choose from. And that, sir, is what this game is coming to.

...and THAT opinion, class, is what Freud called the Id, the desire to furhter ones self NOW, not looking toward the future or what may happen from coices

Having a goal-oriented approach is fine, but at no point should a GAME feel like WORK. Runescape does, sometimes, and this update is pushing it more in that direction by encouraging more skilling.

Agreed. A Game should never feel like Work... unless it is your job to play said game... but then it's not a game; it's work.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Wilderness is hugely ruined, after January 2008, team monster slaying are destroyed. Jagex is controlling the entire economy with G.E. You can no longer lent and get back stuff you lent to friend. If your friend died in monster slaying, you cant return it. You can no longer merchant by having the most raw supply and selling them at higher price. Runecrafting is taking a dive due to higher pure essence price, and lower rune cost.

Now, the pros. More bank space, summoning coming soon, the ditch of stupidity is perhaps useless now unless you get lured to BH, go in, and die...(you gotta be mentally delayed...).

Now, if Jagex didnt mess up this many things, the pros will be very very nice addition. But now, people only see the bad things. I seriously am disappointed by this move.

Ranged Crave

The wilderness isn't ruined. They just revamped the entire thing, and it has some major flaws. In time it can only get better. If you read the updates, you will see the Jagex is working on a system to loan items to your friends. If you have a 5 minute gravestone, your friend can probably repair it/bless it for a few minutes, giving you enough time to retrieve your stuff. With the upcoming trade limit, rune running (ie law running, nature running, ect.) is going to come to a close, meaning a lower income of runes, which in turn means runes sell for more, and runecrafters can make a profit. And although merchanting, as it has existed for the past few years may be dead, you will now be able to merchant in a sense with the Grand Exchange, while training, or skilling, or whatever in the meantime. You also missed the fact that certain raw materials will be easier to get with less bots, meaning skilling will be more profitable.

And most importantly, NO MORE GOLD FARMERS!!

What do you guys do for fun that you actually enjoy this update? Cut logs all day?

Kill revenants. kill green dragons safely. Play bounty hunters. theres plenty to do other then chop logs. just because some people don't like the update, it doesn't mean others can't find the good in it.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Cons:

The good old un-organized F2P pking where you could do whatever you want - Gone

The balanced way of pking, buying/selling lobsters/addys and rune weapons at the wildernis (Edgevill mostly) - Gone

-No team=No success, in my eyes

-High levels go to the Low Level area, no restrictions at all

-Your target is almost impossible to find, and if you find it, he/she is in a huge team

-'Pick Up Penalty', because you pked someone that wasnt your target

-Everything is multi, no areas without multi

-You may not take robes into the 'wilderniss' ? (They could have changed that, I dont know)

-If you fight someone 1 on 1 and you both stand a chance, some noob starts kicking you

-100.000s of pkers have quit, both F2P and P2P

-Jagex will notice a high loss of income because of the reason above.

Pros?

Not for me.

Jagex has done this way too massively, they havent thought about this too well. And Im not talking about the trading and such, I support the Grand Exchange.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

The best part of the new update for me is actually four things.

-Scamming is impossible anymore, thanks to the GE price of items being shown right in the trade window, and the Trade Limit prevents you from being seriously scammed.

-All of the immature idiots who depended on PKing have left.

-I can now explore the Wildy in peace, do clue scrolls, Mage Arena, etc.

-PKing is now actually quite fun.

-All of the immature idiots who depended on PKing have left. Well they know when to leave, they don't stick around doing the same thing over and over if its not their thing. Besides, there are loads of immature skillers out there too.

-I can now explore the Wildy in peace, do clue scrolls, Mage Arena, etc. The wilderniss is such a barren place, now with Pkers gone its even worse, nobody ever goes there anymore. Maybe for green hides.

-PKing is now actually quite fun. Why? Because you can get a kill now with a dragon dagger and a team, because in 1 v 1 they would quite simple rip you apart?

The good thing about the updates is that I get to show some skillers that there is more to runescape then just leveling up or getting cash.

The other good thing is that I finally look around for some other games to play and that I have time for homework again, WEEEE.

Ill be sticking around these forums untill they release their 1 v 1 arena though. I love 1 v 1, even though Im not the best at it, they are more challenging then teams in my opinion.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If people wanted to play a grindfest, there are plenty of other games to choose from. And that, sir, is what this game is coming to.

...and THAT opinion, class, is what Freud called the Id, the desire to furhter ones self NOW, not looking toward the future or what may happen from coices

Having a goal-oriented approach is fine, but at no point should a GAME feel like WORK. Runescape does, sometimes, and this update is pushing it more in that direction by encouraging more skilling.

Agreed. A Game should never feel like Work... unless it is your job to play said game... but then it's not a game; it's work.

Sometimes my work feels like a game. I grind all day but at the end of the week my bank is deposited with geepees :)

There isn't much in this game I don't do over the course of a week. I skill, I quest, and I have a nice rotation of mini-games that I like to play. I like the balance and it keeps things fresh for me. There is so much to do in this game to keep it feeling more like a game and less like work.

I don't agree with the assessment that the game is turning into a grind-fest when so many alternatives exist. Once BH is tweaked and corrected, there won't be much you could do before the updates that you can't do now. The only difference is that you can't get as filthy rich as you could through the previous methods.

-Scamming is impossible anymore, thanks to the GE price of items being shown right in the trade window, and the Trade Limit prevents you from being seriously scammed.

Why are pkers immature idiots? :| Why couldnt they play the game because of a big part of Runescape, Player Killing?

Just like you skill, they pked in the wilderniss and enjoyed the game just like you do.

carsignatureis3.jpg

Why are pkers immature idiots? :| Why couldnt they play the game because of a big part of Runescape, Player Killing?

Just like you skill, they pked in the wilderniss and enjoyed the game just like you do.

I didn't read it like that. I think he meant the PKers who were immature idiots left and I think that's probably accurate. The ones who lured and got a rush off killing RCers, treasure trailers and other wildy visiting non-PKers did leave in droves. Apparently, that's all that was fun to them

The vast majority of 'mature' PKers are adjusting like the rest of us either doing other things or waiting for BH to be straightened out and become a viable option for true PKers

I disagree with the exploring wildy in peace comment though....those revs are brutal :P

I didn't read it like that. I think he meant the PKers who were immature idiots left and I think that's probably accurate. The ones who lured and got a rush off killing RCers, treasure trailers and other wildy visiting non-PKers did leave in droves. Apparently, that's all that was fun to them

The vast majority of 'mature' PKers are adjusting like the rest of us either doing other things or waiting for BH to be straightened out and become a viable option for true PKers

Oh, yes I just read it in a different way and I agree. :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

There's nothing wrong with PK'ing RC'ers or people doing treasure trails. YOU'RE IN THE WILDERNESS! It annoys me how some people think they should have been granted immunity because they weren't trying to PK.

So now don't complain if you get completly DESTROYED by a 126 knight :wink:

UrbanLegend.png

The cons outweigh the pros. :|

The PROS far far outweigh the CONS. :)

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I disagree with the exploring wildy in peace comment though....those revs are brutal :P

So all rc pk'ers were immature idiots? Please explain?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I actually meant it as in that all of the immature idiots who would quit just because they removed PKing had left. Honestly, if you quit just because of one update, I highly doubt you're that intelligent in other forms of social activities...

Also note the fact that ever since the Update, I've seen a large decrease in the number of the immature people and rulebreakers. Wonder why.

There's nothing wrong with PK'ing RC'ers or people doing treasure trails. YOU'RE IN THE WILDERNESS! It annoys me how some people think they should have been granted immunity because they weren't trying to PK.

So now don't complain if you get completly DESTROYED by a 126 knight :wink:

LOL you act like revenants are dangerous

I actually meant it as in that all of the immature idiots who would quit just because they removed PKing had left. Honestly, if you quit just because of one update, I highly doubt you're that intelligent in other forms of social activities...

Also note the fact that ever since the Update, I've seen a large decrease in the number of the immature people and rulebreakers. Wonder why.

Probably because you spend all your time in RuneScape in a microcosm.

So quitting because the game we enjoyed playing was irreversibly and intolerably altered is somehow immature and idiotic? Tell me this, if the one update was the removal of combat from the game, would it be immature or idiotic to leave because it's just "one update?" Are you insane?

Evidence?

I agree with this.

Because they aren't devoted enough to keep playing just because of one lousy update, then they are obviously too immature to be playing the game in the first place.

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

I agree with this.

Because they aren't devoted enough to keep playing just because of one lousy update, then they are obviously too immature to be playing the game in the first place.

And again, the elitist snobbery continues. Who are you to judge people because of the decisions they make on an issue that largely affected them when you were not? Are you somehow more mature than someone else who quit because your enjoyment was not diminished like theirs was by this update? Because their preferences are different than yours? If anyone needs to grow up, it's you.

Everything is good for me except one thing

I want to give stuff to my friends again!!

I didn't really care for getting and keeping money since there's no reason anymore for me. Now i just raise up money then get stuff for my friends.

Not much for me to play for since i can't give presents to my friends, and i'm not a member. Unless its a miracle and summoning comes to f2p. =P

Gyroman25.gif