Tis the season to be muted?

No_99_Melee

Well I was just muted about 5 minutes ago for 14 days. That strikes off talking with friends for christmas. Oh well. Terrible time to catch an offense that I commited about 3 months ago #-o.

Changed the title cause I'm feeling christmasy today, probly cause of the update.

1288581197250-1.jpg

There is a guide on how to cope with being muted somewhere - perhaps in the AOW. Should definately be worth having a look.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

There is a guide on how to cope with being muted somewhere - perhaps in the AOW. Should definately be worth having a look.

Nah that's for perm mutes. I'm just gonna turn private chat off to make sure my friends don't get pissed off at me :lol:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Bad language...My friend told me that he could break the filter for the b word. So I tried it once in my clan chat (no one there) and it worked.

Heres my appeal btw: "Thanks for muting me at christmas time. I wish Jagex staff happy holidays and a happy new year. Thanks :)

1288581197250-1.jpg

Bad language...My friend told me that he could break the filter for the b word. So I tried it once in my clan chat (no one there) and it worked.

Heres my appeal btw: "Thanks for muting me at christmas time. I wish Jagex staff happy holidays and a happy new year. Thanks :)

lol im not buying this.

lol im not buying this.

Nah that's seriously what I said to them. Unfortunately they won't let me go back and look at it to take a pic.Let's see what happens :D

1288581197250-1.jpg

You don't get muted for talking alone in ur own clan chat.

Yes, Jagex can backtrack and check your chatlogs.

But what reason do they have? Unless another player reported you for doing something.

There is no robot scanning accounts for bad language. There is reporting, and than looking into the reported persons chatlog.

So talking alone in ur clan chat wouldn't trigger a search on u, therefore its something else.

But what reason do they have? Unless another player reported you for doing something.

There is no robot scanning accounts for bad language. There is reporting, and than looking into the reported persons chatlog.

So talking alone in ur clan chat wouldn't trigger a search on u, therefore its something else.

No when the filter picks it up....you don't need to be reported.

1288581197250-1.jpg

lol im not buying this.

Nah that's seriously what I said to them. Unfortunately they won't let me go back and look at it to take a pic.Let's see what happens :D

I think what he meant was he's not buying the fact you swore in an empty clan chat channel. Because quite frankly it's ludacris. I feel that if you were muted and you deserved it bad show for trying to get the sympathy vote.

Sig.jpg

No when the filter picks it up....you don't need to be reported.

And if the filter picked up your bad word, it strengthens what I said about you being reported by another player, for something else.

Never apologize. Appeal might take off the mark, apologize wont.

Ranged Crave

I'll keep that in mind.

Cruel world isn't it? You're better off not apologising and instead fighting your punishment...

Just being overly curious, what comes up when you press 'view evidence'? Does it show a screenshot or something? I've never been landed with an offence, so I wouldn't know.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Never apologize. Appeal might take off the mark, apologize wont.

Ranged Crave

I'll keep that in mind.

Cruel world isn't it? You're better off not apologising and instead fighting your punishment...

Just being overly curious, what comes up when you press 'view evidence'? Does it show a screenshot or something? I've never been landed with an offence, so I wouldn't know.

No it doesn't....it shows what you have spoken that was bad language and thats it.

1288581197250-1.jpg

I wonder if they are working to improve the view evidence button. I have never gotten an offense either, but I would like to think that people don't just get randomly muted.

I know that you said that it was picked up by a filter, but wouldn't you think the filter would have tons of text to go through, and it would have to be programmed to recognize when a word wasn't bad?

Just wondering. -.-

felter_laur.png