PHATS AND MASKS

Actully to tell you the truth I think and hope all the Phats and mask and disk and pumpkins etc will dissaper from runescape all toghether.

cyco_1.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actully to tell you the truth I think and hope all the Phats and mask and disk and pumpkins etc will dissaper from runescape all toghether.

man you are sad. I bet you are telling that only couse you dont have any rare item and are too lazy to get one. I dont believe that jagex will delete it couse a lot of players wasted a lot of time to get hats or other rare items.

Lol, what I would do is ignore the existence of useless items like mask or phat.

Freaking MERCHANTS are the one responsible for the ridicuouls skyrocketing of price, if every just boycott masks and phats, in time, they will be forced to sell them in a lower price

first off, no. merchants are not the cause of party hat prices. If a buyer wants to spend an excessive amount of gp on a hat, then that is his fault.

secondly, most of the good merchants are in late teens/adult years. the 8-13 year olds are the ones going around begging to become rich. That's right. I know for a fact that everyone of you posters on page 9 above this has wanted to be rich at one point in time. I think you're all a bit hipocritical.

Thirdly, runescape is a game. Spending millions of gp in this game does not worry me. Whereas spending a few hundred bucks in real life would have me rethinking my purchase to make sure it is worthwhile. Because of the fact that it is a game, spending big gp to get an item has no effect on you in real life. To even suggest punching someone in the face because they play a game is a bit stupid. I'm almost positive that you play runescape as well.

knightsoforderse9.png

you missed my point these kids who go on and spend hours making enough gp to buy a phat are spoiled lil brats who cant understand that they should have better things to do with their lives (i was learning welding from my freines in a fabrication shop when i was 7) theywould have a concept that what they are doing is pointless and shouldnt flip out and start screaming profanity simply because they have to work to get an imaginary hat And yes i've seen it happen

those are the people who should be eaten alive

the other day i was mining and some whiny twerp went off on me

twerp:"HEY THOSE ARE MY ROCKS I NEED TO MAKE GP"

me:"why"

Twerp:"I NEED TO BUY A SANTA HAT S **** YOPU"

I swear to god this is the exact conversation

so you're calling everyone who owns a party hat a little brat :roll:

and anyone who mines coal to buy a santa is just plain stupid. What you are describing are imature kids. And so far I have not seen any posts like that on this thread :roll:

knightsoforderse9.png

no just the ones who whine about it although i would mention spending hours to get a fake hat is rather pointless

people really need to be nicer to other people just a few minutes ago i was killing wolves for slaying and some one with a much lower lvl than me who was intending to also attack a wolf (not multicombat zone) didnt start the fight as soon as I did and insulted me for having a bad weapon....i still dont know why....

Hopefully, at some time, the rares market will be saturated and will crash. The prices will drop, and, if we are lucky, stay stable. I sold my two phats recently, keeping money on my head sounded surprisingly stupid when I said it outloud *Chuckles softly*

2480+ total

rares rise and fall...

mostly depends on updates...new items to spend cash on...new skills...etc

(POH's will definately lower the rares)

but...just like real estate...(in my area nyway)....the rares are skyrocketing...but will eventually come to a crash...at some point and time...and then rise again

Wrawth made the best point that there was to make about rares though...they keep other items stable...b/c there is so much money out there...most of you dont even know how much...and if p hats wernt there to spend money on...every other item would skyrocket b/c of all the leftover cash that every1 would have

thats y rune prices were so high when it first came out...every1 though 64,000 was alot of gold for rune legs b/c there wasnt much gold back then...so jagex released items that people could spend cash on...

you will all probably hate me for this, but get rid of them, i mean, there is so much fighting over it, and they dont do anything! they are just stupid cardboard hats and halloween masks! they have no use in combat! if you can buy a runite full helm for less that a piece of cardboard, than something is definantly not right in the world of RS

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

heres a thought what if runescape bought all of them and just deleted them? they can do this because they have as much gp as they want and it would be fair to the players and would solve the problem without making too many people outraged

crim...that has been suggested

however, its been shot down b/c there's no way to set a specific price for rares when the range is soo big now...

nothing can be done...and like Wrawth and i stated...they help keep other items much stabler...

how does price present a problem to jagex?

they control the existence of money and all items in the game ultimately they can delete the items but that woud be rude and they can pay them however much they want it really wouldnt matter the increase of gp in the game would be gone in a week

it really wouldnt matter the increase of gp in the game would be gone in a week

i'm guessing all the billions of gp would then just float out the window and wave good bye?

and u said in numorous other posts that getting a phat is pointless. Well isn't sitting on your @$$ for hours on end clicking a monster, rock, altar, ect also pointless?

knightsoforderse9.png

oh dont get me wrong it is and the way the money would soon diminish out to usual is that money travels fast and goes to general stores and other shops sure maybe a week is an exagerattion but 2 months after jagex made the last purchase and the whole deal will be over now think about this whats better 2 months of the same thing thats happening now or however long rs lasts

oh and I'm willing to bet it wil be around for a while well past those of you who doubt it will be here in 5 years are wrong I've been playing on pogo for 8 years and its still growing

I can only think of one thing that would stop runescape and I'd really rather not get into the whole ordeal over an internet chatroom

oh dont get me wrong it is and the way the money would soon diminish out to usual is that money travels fast and goes to general stores and other shops sure maybe a week is an exagerattion but 2 months after jagex made the last purchase and the whole deal will be over now think about this whats better 2 months of the same thing thats happening now or however long rs lasts

oh and I'm willing to bet it wil be around for a while well past those of you who doubt it will be here in 5 years are wrong I've been playing on pogo for 8 years and its still growing

I can only think of one thing that would stop runescape and I'd really rather not get into the whole ordeal over an internet chatroom

i garantee you that no one except for newbs buy stuff from the general stores and shops. Then what do all these merchants with hundreds of millions do with their cash now? I can tell you. They stock up on every rune. Every bar. Every log. All to get a profit because their great way of merchanting has been taken away. Then what happens when the supply is a hell of a lot less than the demand? The prices will sky rocket. You don't give the impression of being a rich character so I'm sure that you would dislike buying one coal for over 1k.

knightsoforderse9.png

coal 1k each.....wow that will NEVER happen coal and products like it arent at a set number of existence

have you ever recieved a message saying "were sorry theres to much coal out there you cant mine any"?

next time think out what your saying

coal certs were 1k each in classic.

When a merchant has nothing to merchant except for raw materials then the supply will go down drastically. Unlike rares, bulk coal takes many days to collect, as does every other item. If a merchant buys hundreds of thousands of raw items that most players need, then the demand will be high. The demand is always high if you have not noticed yet, but these raw materials are at a set price range because there is enough supply. Why is there enough supply? Because merchants do not have to hoard up on these in order to gain profit. Unlike you and your numorous posts (must I provide links :roll: ), I do think out my posts.

I'm not going to respond to anymore of your lame arguments because i am sick of repeating myself over and over to you.

knightsoforderse9.png

again no need to be rude. Then what kat do you suggest and note I previously stated the there is no problem in my opinion but people are certain there is and honestly this subject doesnt exactly bother me seeing as I own no Phats and havent the slightest intintion to own one.

again no need to be rude

i think that it would be alot easyer for jagex to go thruogh and buy em all like everyone sayed, even though i still think that they owners have the right to sell for their own price, but the jagex could buy it for the owners price

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

Kat really I asked you what suggestions you have and you meerly slanderd me. Grow up, I already stated I dont believe there is a problem and ALSO, out of courtesy provided a different possible soloution to be discussed. Now lets here your constructive thoughts, as opposed to you childish temper tantrums.

crim has a point there, in this post you are supposed to talk about how to fix it, not be a jerk to someone just cuz you dont like their idea

and u said in numorous other posts that getting a phat is pointless. Well isn't sitting on your @$$ for hours on end clicking a monster, rock, altar, ect also pointless?

A lot of people try to use that logic, but it's not quite accurate. If one says Runescape is "pointless," then so is football; NFL in the US, soccer in the UK, but both will support my point :) These and other games, such as Runescape, are meant to entertain us, nothing more. Unless you're gambling, which I don't condone, they have no financial or physical effect on your life whatsoever.

I will add that I've been on the anti-rares side for a long time, but now I don't really care. I suppose they might help balance the economy, and I guess that's ok.

lpinkus