PHATS AND MASKS

just incase u dont know, the prices for masks and phats are constantly raising. some people want them because they look cool (ex. I really want a red mask cuz i want full zammy later and they look cool together) however, most people that buy them only do so so they can sell it for more later. it always feels good to buy something for 20k and sell it for 50k but its getting rediculous. i'm assuming that runescape wont just suddently stop, i think it will keep going on forever. In 5, 10 or even 20 years, the price for phats will be like 300mil and masks 200mil. lots of people starting rs will be like, "wow that's a cool mask, how much do they cost" and the person will be like, "200mil, but i bought it when they were only 900k and i dont feel like selling it" people starting rs in the future will never have a chance at these and to me that seems unfair. post what u think here and if u agree with me, send it as a suggestion to runescape and maybe they will set up some shop that sells them for like 20mil for phats and 3mil for masks so ppl that own them now wont be upset. they should also make a black mask, that would be awesome. what do u ppl think?

EDIT 3 YEARS LATER:

Wow, I used to type pretty bad. Also, I currently have red mask and two santas, so I probably don't agree with this suggestion anymore. :P

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true, the prices are ridiculous. However it's very logical that they rise since there's only a finite amount.

I don't really care what the price is. I have a lot of those rare items in my bank that I bought when they were cheap and now it's worth more than 10x everything else that is in my bank and I could buy a phenomenal amount of skills with it.

However I don't plan on selling them, since I like the items for what they are, not for their value, and if I sell the, it'll only be harder to get them back later.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

killordie18

how can he have 0 posts if his post is on top here?

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

killordie18

how can he have 0 posts if his post is on top here?

he's a h4x0r :roll:

- Dan

The prices appear to be rising so quickly because of insane amounts of merchanting. Looks sort of like a stock market bubble to me.

The limited supply isn't enough to raise prices that fast. Technically, the demand is the only thing that can raise the price, and it's mostly fueled by merchants. I'm just waiting to watch the bubble pop :)

send it as a suggestion to runescape and maybe they will set up some shop that sells them for like 20mil for phats and 3mil for masks so ppl that own them now wont be upset. they should also make a black mask, that would be awesome. what do u ppl think?

I've sugessted this pelenty of times. Seriously you can look in each post thats been done about this and find it. Aside from that I think they should have a rare item trader/seller where you can buy any rare item thats ever came out, or have the strogest creatures in both f2p and p2p drop them like 2% of the time.

send it as a suggestion to runescape and maybe they will set up some shop that sells them for like 20mil for phats and 3mil for masks so ppl that own them now wont be upset. they should also make a black mask, that would be awesome. what do u ppl think?

I've sugessted this pelenty of times. Seriously you can look in each post thats been done about this and find it. Aside from that I think they should have a rare item trader/seller where you can buy any rare item thats ever came out, or have the strogest creatures in both f2p and p2p drop them like 2% of the time.

It's not gonna happen. No one wants to acknowledge it, but JAGeX is against the merchanting of rares. I quote their FAQ:

"Why can I not trade the holiday drop items any more?

New holiday items are not tradable.

Please remember holiday items are supposed to be just a bit of fun for special occasions. We've noticed on previous occasions players hoarding huge numbers of the gifts we drop, and then reselling them for massively unfair prices. This really isn't in the spirit of the occasion. We don't want this to just become an event whereby a few lucky players suddenly become ludicrously unfairly rich. Therefore new holiday drops are non-tradeable and limited to one per player. But hopefully still a lot of fun.

All previously dropped holiday items will still remain tradable though (drops made before the Easter "bunny ears" drop)."

This is not an opinion, this is a fact. The only reason that JAGeX doesn't go ahead and make all rares untradeable, I assume, is because too many merchants would get mad and quit.

lpinkus

i myself made 200k from a red mask today, so har har.

but i do agree the prices are becoming insane. the only way to stop this is a very simple way. STOP BUYING HIGH. Then merchants will have to sell low so that they dont lose cash

knightsoforderse9.png

in the future if the party hats get like to 300mill

money will be worth more also

ex.

your grand father bought a piece of gum for 5 cents

you buy your gum for 1 dollar

your grand father got paid 5 cents a hour

you get payed 5 dollars a hour

do you see?

in the future if the party hats get like to 300mill

money will be worth more also

ex.

your grand father bought a piece of gum for 5 cents

you buy your gum for 1 dollar

your grand father got paid 5 cents a hour

you get payed 5 dollars a hour

do you see?

That's called inflation, and I think that it can only keep happening as fast as it's happening if runescape keeps growing quickly.

But Runescape doesn't have much of an inflation problem. The shops still all buy things for the same price that they have been since the game came out. People are not making more money, the money is simply worth less. Many people make their money buy making things and selling them to the shops or high alching them, its always been the same price. A rune pick, is still, 32k, from the store. This is like where everything has a price control, as well as limits, and the trading, is simply the black market.

RSN: Mutashi

But Runescape doesn't have much of an inflation problem. The shops still all buy things for the same price that they have been since the game came out. People are not making more money, the money is simply worth less. Many people make their money buy making things and selling them to the shops or high alching them, its always been the same price. A rune pick, is still, 32k, from the store. This is like where everything has a price control, as well as limits, and the trading, is simply the black market.

That's called inflation....

Either way, they're going to go up. I doubt that RS will be here in 10 years anyways, but you can't just make it so that people stop merchanting, they do what they wanna do :?

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

no you can't stop people from selling their items, but you can stablize their prices. Like this post says, if there are more phats, mask, ect... then the prices of the others will go down becasue supply increases. Thats why I wrote a quest for being able to buy rares call The Kooky Vender. Check out because I think its a good idea.

i myself made 200k from a red mask today, so har har.

but i do agree the prices are becoming insane. the only way to stop this is a very simple way. STOP BUYING HIGH. Then merchants will have to sell low so that they dont lose cash

no, that's not the only way. The other way is to make rares untradeable. I long for that day.

lpinkus

I dont' like rares either, but I seriously doubt that there is much we can do about them. Jagex has expressed their opinion on them and they say they don't like them being sold for ludicrous amounts of money. Maybe they should do something about it instead.

I don't know what they can do, and I don't like the idea of gadien's quest. Making all the rares untradable might be a little harsh, but it might be the ONLY thing to do.

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

That's called inflation....

Meh, I'm confusing myself again. The items which are being bought are becoming worth more and more, but the basic items are staying the same. The only times when the money is worth less, is on rares, but not everyday items. Is inflation based on rare jewels and valuables? No, its based on basic living. Thats what isn't rising.

The main thing that im trying to say, is that inflation isnt rising on the price of most things, only on the runescape "black market" of trading. The prices of most items is set and has been set. In the prohibition, when alcohol sale was banned, they didn't say inflation was huge just because black market alcohol was highly priced, because the necessities kept stable.

RSN: Mutashi

I dont' like rares either, but I seriously doubt that there is much we can do about them. Jagex has expressed their opinion on them and they say they don't like them being sold for ludicrous amounts of money. Maybe they should do something about it instead.

I don't know what they can do...

I agree, and I've said many times what they can do...make them untradeable. End of story.

lpinkus