PHATS AND MASKS

You almost had a good idea. But you haft to think about the winers.

Because ok look. You put something in the shop it is going to go down because the quantity is going to grow. Because who is gonna sit there tryin to buy when they can walk in store and buy for same price?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex SHOULD make the old holiday items untradable, BUT they warn a month beforehand, so that people who want to buy one still have time to do so, and people who want to sell one still have a chance to do so.

When they do that, there should also be a way to get your item back should you lose it, because you can't buy it anymore.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

honestly what i think they should do is delete all the current phats give each guy that had a phat the amount of money its worth and be done for holiday drops for the rest of rs history withought anyone getting mad. Then have the toy horsey seller sell the phats for next to nothing. This would cause the cheap way of makeing money because they were around since rsc. Also it would stop the people that currently have phats from being jipped.

the problem is that just way too much money gets put into the game and very little gets take out. how many billions of gp are high alched from fletching or smithing and those billions are just gonna drive the price of whatever is "rare" up. I would rather have phats going for 20 mil and whips going for 9 mil rather then if they paid everyone with phats then whips would go up to 20 mil.

The reason things are going up in price is because there are more people than ever playing the game, not only does this mean that there is an awful lot more money in the game (player artificially create money by ppicing up drops and hi alching etc) But demand become drastically increased, it is simple, and making them untradable will be unfair to to the people who have them, so it will never happen.

i have purple hat, all i want :) a pee hawt is enough for me, just one pee hawt, and the cheapest :lol:

the rest of my moonla will go to armor/weps (wen i get more moonla)

honestly what i think they should do is delete all the current phats give each guy that had a phat the amount of money its worth and be done for holiday drops for the rest of rs history withought anyone getting mad. Then have the toy horsey seller sell the phats for next to nothing. This would cause the cheap way of makeing money because they were around since rsc. Also it would stop the people that currently have phats from being jipped.

I agree wholeheartedly. That way, they're still in the game for people who think they, um, "look cool," and merchants will have to market items that are actually useful.

lpinkus

I personally see nothing wrong with rare items. Who cares how high the prices get or how many people want them, they are there so that rich/powerful/old people have a way of showing their status, and something other players can strive to get. I even think they should add more rares, maybe make the bunny ears tradeable after another year.

Rares in a game like this keep it fresh and whimsical (love that word, and lackadasical)

ShadowSam19.png

I dont mind rares, after all, the only one i ever got was the Scythe, which is the most useful... Why do quite a lot of people treat RS as a proper economy? Inflation would never happen for a start, the economy crashing wouldn't really affect those with high stats (I'd really find the game interesting if it ever did happen though :lol: )

dragon chain costs a lot and a new player doesn't have a shot at getting that. maybe we should just hand them out for free when you get 60 attack that way its fair for everyone.

I reccomend you spend your heard-earned gp on something that's actually useful. JAGeX should get rid of rares or make them untradeable.

lpinkus

If you feel that they are such a waste of money then why bother posting about the prices on them being too high. I mean your arguement doesn't make sense, you think rares are a waste of money so don't buy them but complain about them being too high for anyone to afford.

Also I guarentee all of the people here complaining about them becoming untradable and such have never earned enough for one. Getting the money for a phat it's many peoples goals, so why make 1/4 of the population quit all because of some poor noobs not having the money to buy 1? It's also obvious that all of you complaining they are a waste of money wants them, why else would you sit here wasting your time complaining about the prices.

I reccomend you spend your heard-earned gp on something that's actually useful. JAGeX should get rid of rares or make them untradeable.

lpinkus

If you feel that they are such a waste of money then why bother posting about the prices on them being too high. I mean your arguement doesn't make sense, you think rares are a waste of money so don't buy them but complain about them being too high for anyone to afford.

Also I guarentee all of the people here complaining about them becoming untradable and such have never earned enough for one. Getting the money for a phat it's many peoples goals, so why make 1/4 of the population quit all because of some poor noobs not having the money to buy 1? It's also obvious that all of you complaining they are a waste of money wants them, why else would you sit here wasting your time complaining about the prices.

My argument does make sense from a marketing standpoint. First off, and I can't reiterate this enough, I don't want a phat, or even a beret for that matter. So, don't "guarantee" that everyone here has never earned enough to buy one. Second, I can't help it if saving up for a phat is someone's goal, that's their decision. Those people are only half the problem. The other part of the problem is that the people merchanting phats either a) horded them from a long time ago, or B) are rich enough to buy one and sell it for millions more. That sort of marketing is not in the spirit of the game; check the official RS FAQ, you'll see that their take is in accord with this.

The overall problem people getting rich unfairly, I believe. If a player has earned their gp selling dragon chains that they made many trips to get, that's great. That takes time, food, and skills. Now they have a lot of money so they can merchant and buy, buy and merchant, etc. But, if this same process is done by selling and buying phats, that's just silly. I'd much rather have a dragon chain than a phat makes as a "status symbol."

Any clearer?

lpinkus

a drag chain is more of a status symbol than any of the rares because the price of one is right up there with a blue party hat, not to mention the fact that a chain is a ton more useful. The only thing is that the prices of the chain will drop due to more being found at the queen. No more party hats are going to be introduced. I do not really think that rares "ruined" the game, it is the people who own these rares that ruin the game. I hear about others high alchemying them...I mean, how unfair is that. New players who might have a goal of getting a rare will not be able to because there are even fewer than there was before. I myself do have a couple of rares (pumpkin and santa :) ), but im not going to eat the pumpkin so they will become outragiously high in price. Maybe Jagex should put a limit on how many rares you can hold.

knightsoforderse9.png

But Runescape doesn't have much of an inflation problem. The shops still all buy things for the same price that they have been since the game came out. People are not making more money, the money is simply worth less. Many people make their money buy making things and selling them to the shops or high alching them, its always been the same price. A rune pick, is still, 32k, from the store. This is like where everything has a price control, as well as limits, and the trading, is simply the black market.

That's called inflation....

Meh, I'm confusing myself again. The items which are being bought are becoming worth more and more, but the basic items are staying the same. The only times when the money is worth less, is on rares, but not everyday items. Is inflation based on rare jewels and valuables? No, its based on basic living. Thats what isn't rising.

The main thing that im trying to say, is that inflation isnt rising on the price of most things, only on the runescape "black market" of trading. The prices of most items is set and has been set. In the prohibition, when alcohol sale was banned, they didn't say inflation was huge just because black market alcohol was highly priced, because the necessities kept stable.

Inflation is a rise in the ammout of money in circulation. There's always inflation. What I was saying is that the current inflation is crazy. It's nowhere near where it needs to be considering the growth rate of the rs memebrship. Therefore all money is worth less.

Also, price level is measured as an average of all prices of all consumer goods. The CPI generally doesn't include incredibly valuable items, but I guess it all depends on how you're defining price level.

In general, rise in prices of rares decreases the purchasing power of money, so my argument stands.

i myself made 200k from a red mask today, so har har.

but i do agree the prices are becoming insane. the only way to stop this is a very simple way. STOP BUYING HIGH. Then merchants will have to sell low so that they dont lose cash

Sorry to burst your bubble but i doubt it will even happen, there are so many merchants dealing in rares in rs and they know they will rise even more so they pay the max price of the current item such as red party and they know in a few days or weeks they will rise a few mil reason being lots of merchants are paying the highest possible price to get them then after they rise, they sell to another merchant who has the money and knows that it will rise even more and the cycle goes on and on.................

My argument does make sense from a marketing standpoint. First off, and I can't reiterate this enough, I don't want a phat, or even a beret for that matter. So, don't "guarantee" that everyone here has never earned enough to buy one. Second, I can't help it if saving up for a phat is someone's goal, that's their decision. Those people are only half the problem. The other part of the problem is that the people merchanting phats either a) horded them from a long time ago, or B) are rich enough to buy one and sell it for millions more. That sort of marketing is not in the spirit of the game; check the official RS FAQ, you'll see that their take is in accord with this.

The overall problem people getting rich unfairly, I believe. If a player has earned their gp selling dragon chains that they made many trips to get, that's great. That takes time, food, and skills. Now they have a lot of money so they can merchant and buy, buy and merchant, etc. But, if this same process is done by selling and buying phats, that's just silly. I'd much rather have a dragon chain than a phat makes as a "status symbol."

Any clearer?

lpinkus

Little do you realise though is you wouldn't be complaining about insane prices if you didn't want one. No one complains just for the sake of complaining. You are only complaining about these because they are cool items to have to show off to people. I mean I am sure cracker prices raised too with the drastic party hat price increase but you aren't complaining about them. Why some people may be thinking? Because they cannot be easily shown off by wearing them so people don't want them and don't recognise when their price increases.

Also how is it unfair to get rich by merchanting, unlike everything else you need no high level skills to get rich off of it. So the option of merchanting is open to everyone, weither you guys take the oportunity is your choice and your choice alone. So really getting rich off items is the unfair way (from your standpoint.).

The only problem I can see with taking raares out, or making them untradeable is that raw materials would skyrocket, because all of the merchants would move to them. Sure that would take care of alot of the inflation problems, but what about the average player that doesn't have 500gp to spend on an iron ore, or 700gp to spend on a yew log?

The only problem I can see with taking raares out, or making them untradeable is that raw materials would skyrocket, because all of the merchants would move to them. Sure that would take care of alot of the inflation problems, but what about the average player that doesn't have 500gp to spend on an iron ore, or 700gp to spend on a yew log?

good point

knightsoforderse9.png