PHATS AND MASKS

This rant is a typical, I dont have one, i never will, give me it 4 phr33 pl0x!!!

Jagex wont ever make rares untradeable. People have spent years working to get them and they dont want all their hard work gone in a day.(400mill for a blue phat).

Rares raise because demand is enourmous and the supply isnt fluctuating. If some dude wants to buy paper hats for 200 mill each, he can go ahead, I would rather have a 99 skill or amazing armour.

This is Jagexs mistake. They never imagined by dropping worthless items on christmas, they would be worth millions.

For the people who hoarded them, (gregenchidna6 logged in one day to realize his 40 easters were worth 8 mill each)good job. Maybe they realized they would be rare. Maybe they thought they looked hawt and kept them. The worst thing for jagex to do is to make these rares untradeable, easy to obtain, or delete them.

The economy would be damaged, like removing any other major product would.

*( puts on anti-flame suit )*

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well since I myself own a red halloween mask, I find my self naturally against your article. From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong), what you want to do is to lower the prices or rare? I hardly see how that's fair if I bought mine at a pretty steep price of 40M. Currently the prices is lower aroung 30M, but it is expected to get back tou a steady incline in the nar future. If you have the money and really want a mask i suggest you buy soon.

red_reaper73.png

red_reaper73.png

It is perfectly reasonable in my mind that they stay the way they are. If you want one, save up for it. You can even call it a goal if you like, and having one would actually be an achievement. There aren't a whole lot of items within this game that are achievements to have, and it is nice to have a few to keep players, playing. Also, the people who got them at the drops, and refuse to sell, simply keep them to show how long they have been playing, which is perfectly reasonable.

If you had an item worth millions, would you want random whining kids trying to get the prices to drop just so they could have one? Especially if you were a player who worked hard to make the cash to buy one for their worth at 20-300M+ I know that I would be really annoyed to lose all that time and money over some whiners.

*Gahh why was this old thread brought up from the depths?*

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Life's tough :P

But tbh what money was worth 2 years ago and what money is worth now, as well as what money will be worth in a coupleof years will and are completely different. Money is much easier to achive now, imagine in 2 years.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

maybe they will set up some shop that sells them for like 20mil for phats and 3mil for masks so ppl that own them now wont be upset.

ppl spent 150m-300m for a phat, and u make a shop that sells them for 20m u think they wouldnt be upset?

just letting you know that was posted years ago when prices weren't quite as high.

I personally only see them as measures of wealth. Since anyone can buy a hat or mask if they have enough gold, to hold on to them saying "i've played since these came out and i hoarded 20 of them" really looks like an idiot. I could buy a phat and say i've been playing since then. My stats wouldn't reflect it, but i could still say so.

I really want holiday items to be tradeable again since who cares about a rubber chicken suit, a marionette, or a yo-yo you can't lose or trade? at least the rubber chicken could be used as a weapon!

Lol, 2 and a half years later this post was bumped from the dead to reveal phats going for 150-400m!! Oh emm geez0rz!!! :ohnoes:

I just wish I was around when the bunny ears came out. If you have them I envy you.. <.<

Besides everyone knows there is only 1 guarenteed way to be able to afford a phat, and thats RC'in... Duh! #-o

Apparently, my signature was to big.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IAmGaud
in the future if the party hats get like to 300mill

money will be worth more also

ex.

your grand father bought a piece of gum for 5 cents

you buy your gum for 1 dollar

your grand father got paid 5 cents a hour

you get payed 5 dollars a hour

do you see?

That's a horrible example. That's DEVALUING the money.

Saying that my grandpa was paid 5 cents, but I'm paid 5 dollars just shows the value of that certain form of money.

It's inflation, what you showed. If I'm paid 5 dollars, and he was paid 5 cents, it's the same amount of money, it's just I need MORE of it, because the value of it has gone down.

Understand?

Grow up. I'm sorry but I'm not a spoiled brat who gets everything handed to me on a silver platter. Work for your items, it's the only way you'll learn.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

in the future if the party hats get like to 300mill

money will be worth more also

ex.

your grand father bought a piece of gum for 5 cents

you buy your gum for 1 dollar

your grand father got paid 5 cents a hour

you get payed 5 dollars a hour

do you see?

You do realize that when you said this, you're saying that in theory your grandfather could buy a piece of gum for 1 hour of work, whereas you could buy 5 pieces for 1 hour of work... I think you meant to say that your grandfather would've been payed 25 cents an hour?...

I'm NEVER selling my white hat, i got it for 150k back in classic and I'm still holding on to it 8-) , but my other rares they will worth quite a bit more soon. When people ask me how much I got the white hat for, I'll be honest with them and say 150k, but a store that sells those? I really dont know about that, they did one time have red hats at the fancy dress store at east of varrock for a while and that place was crowded all the time, and people kept on cliking away just like when the 1st time new pickaxes came out (iron and so on)... and since they came out with all these dumb new trade updates might as well make every holiday item tradable(I see more people really lovin the jester hats.)I think that would be my suggestion...to make all holiday items tradable..

6 years of playing since February 27th 2002

still a classic'er

Wars aren't won by dying for your country, it is won by making the other sons of b*tches die for theirs.period.

the price is based on how long have been in the game, so, you can't expect them to be cheap, that's why their name is 'rare' they are rare and there is only an amount left of these in the game...every year they have been longer in the game so normally the price will raise

P.S: You wrote phats would be 300m, and actually blue one is 500m :XD:

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

i agree with sos.. i doubt rs will be around 10 yrs later..

ya expectally if jagex goes overboard again trying to stop rule breakers... we'll probably forgive them eventually this time, but perhaps not the next time.

I'm working on starting a web design buisness and a book

Goals-90M/100M-Top 2.0k In Smith-26m as F2P(+lvl 79 Smith)

United SmeltersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Association-Founder

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

the prices of phats are rusung at such a rate its almost impossbile for the everage player to get one, meanwhile the rich get richer

thats what people said when i started playing however after merchanting for years i managed to get enough for a red mask, however.... with the way things are now your probably right...

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kickpointy

I bet your lower than level 60. Your just someone who is whining because you're

a) A Noob

B) Have no GeePee's

4. We are planning on adding an 'item lending' feature to the game. To prevent indefinite loans, you will be able to lend an item for the duration of your session (once either the lender or receiver logs out, the item will go back again). Obviously, we need to design this VERY carefully to cover all eventualities, but we reckon we can work something out.

Phat + this update = :ohnoes:

zaaps1 - yes scarely and please... let the topic die already... its been almost dead many times but then revived just let it die in peace without tourchuring it so...

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide