PHATS AND MASKS

Kat really I asked you what suggestions you have and you meerly slanderd me. Grow up, I already stated I dont believe there is a problem and ALSO, out of courtesy provided a different possible soloution to be discussed. Now lets here your constructive thoughts, as opposed to you childish temper tantrums.

O, how sorry I am. I just couldn't read all that blabble that you wrote. Perhaps write it again?

knightsoforderse9.png

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and u said in numorous other posts that getting a phat is pointless. Well isn't sitting on your @$$ for hours on end clicking a monster, rock, altar, ect also pointless?

A lot of people try to use that logic, but it's not quite accurate. If one says Runescape is "pointless," then so is football; NFL in the US, soccer in the UK, but both will support my point :) These and other games, such as Runescape, are meant to entertain us, nothing more. Unless you're gambling, which I don't condone, they have no finiancial or physical effect on your life whatsoever.

I will add that I've been on the anti-rares side for a long time, but now I don't really care. I suppose they might help balance the economy, and I guess that's ok.

lpinkus

exactly. If you want to train skills because that's what you find most enjoyable in a game, then do so. However, you can not say that people saving to get a phat, or people merchanting rares is also pointless because that may be what they perfer to do in runescape. I like to do both 8)

knightsoforderse9.png

Well, I've read the majority of this and im sorry if this has already been said, as i didn't read it all.... :oops:

But this would slow the increase in rares but one thing Jagex will not do is stop the trading of rares.. (it works in my own twisted mind :twisted: )

I see that the problem is that there is far too much money being brung into the community by the means of alching. A counter was not set for this. A money sink needs to be entered into the community. While the other part of the dragon shield is a money sink, its not THE money sink. A new sink needs to be in the community that just about everyone will want to buy. Perhaps a cheap thing around 1mil for those people to work for, another around 50 mil, to rid the servers of soo much unwanted money (i say unwanted, as this is the problem i see to the increasing prices in rares... theres too much of it) and another item that perhaps looks like it glows, that costing 100 mil. (in no way does it mean it has to happen that way.... its just a solution...the glowy item... please, like that would happen :wink: )

But by all means, if you don't like the way i looked and figured the problem, suggest a better one or show me how i was wrong.

The above would slow inflation, but nothing can stop it. :wink:

ps - sorry to all those people who thought this thread was dead :(

edit - most would realise this is only a bandaid to the problem, you need players to spend mass amounts of money AT npc's ALL the time or else money becomes worthless

I will add that I've been on the anti-rares side for a long time, but now I don't really care. I suppose they might help balance the economy, and I guess that's ok.

Yay! Converted another person to become neutral. Created another follower of Guthix! Power through balance! :lol:

unwanted money

I must say you couldn't have formulated that better... Rs just has a lack of possibilities on what to do with loads of cash. Sure skills aren't cheap, but many people don't like the idea of spending on money skills (as you'll never make that money back from the skill).

Saddest part of this all is that Jagex is even trying its best to prevent xp to be 'buyable' anymore, furthermore weakening the 'worth of the gp' by doing so...

Yay! Converted another person to become neutral. Created another follower of Guthix! Power through balance! :lol:

I figured you'd see that sooner or later :) But before you notch that victory on your belt, I hereby assert that I am still very much anti-rare. I just don't care much anymore. And I'm really more of a Saradomin kinda guy.

Interesting what you said about JAGeX not wanting people to buy xp.

lpinkus

Saddest part of this all is that Jagex is even trying its best to prevent xp to be 'buyable' anymore, furthermore weakening the 'worth of the gp' by doing so...

Are they really? I don't see how they could stop that however...but that is for a different discussion

knightsoforderse9.png

Ah but it's good to know you now see the positive effects of rares too. And there's nothing wrong with staying sceptical about rares. Rares just have their up- and downsides, like so many things in life.. :lol:

Are they really? I don't see how they could stop that however...but that is for a different discussion

Ofcourse they can't stop it totally (unless they would make loads of items untradable), but they can do their best to limit it as much as possible.

Also, if you take a look at the skills that were added to the game later on, herblore is the only one that's really buyable. The other ones (*fletching, agility, thieving, slayer and runecrafting) are not.

*Fastest way to level fletching would be by buying yew logs (~300gp ea) and bow strings (~100 ea) and make strung yew longs (~400gp ea), but as you can see, you don't really loose money by doing so, thus I don't consider the skill 'buyable'.

And who knows what the reason for the un-tradability of the watering can for the upcomming farming skill might be... (most likely to prevent the use of runners?)

most ppl that hate rares hate them just because they can't afford them. the reason that this gets them upset is because they see people making profits of it and see that they can't make those kind of profits.

personally i seperate 'rares' into 2 different categories, finite and infinate.

infinate is like squares and trimmed armour and such, and they can only go down in price. better for short term investments

finite are like party hats, masks, eggs, satan hats, etc... they almost always will give u a profit, but there is the rare chance that they go down. better for long term investments

most ppl that hate rares hate them just because they can't afford them.

That's a bad assumption. Whether you argue pro-rare or anti-rare, you can't assume that one side are jerks or that the other can't afford them. This issue needs tolerance.

I can afford them, and I don't want one.

lpinkus

• 1 year later...

DAYUM OLD TIMERS! U WISH PHATS WERE 200MIL NOW, LOL

read the first few posts, and u guys probly know but blues are coming close to 500 mil now

just wanted to post on a big thread, :thumbsup:

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

!!Runescape customer 131032423423 is dissapointed about not being able to have a discontinued item!!!! We should allow all discontinued items to be sold at a store on runescape to everyone becuase Runescape customer 131032423423 is dissapointed about not being able to afford one.

:roll:

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

i just think rs needs to add more ways for non mems to earn money cause mems can make like 1 mil a day with goods stats but for me to do that it takes like 1 month or even 2

sigon4.png

*cough cough* They can't charge me for breaking into my own house *cough cough*

• 8 months later...

I don't really know about this... Phats and masks are discontinued items for a reason. They won't be continued. The owners of phats and masks would most certainly riot after such an update, because a ton of them probably bought those rares for anywhere between 20 - 300mil. Do you know how much money they would lose? No doubt many would even quit Runescape because of it. A majority of those will be suscribing members... :?

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

In 10 years Jagex will probably have destroyed all RS2 and RSC accounts and moved on to RS3, and everyone will have to start over with a new account and there will be no rares.

Pasty.png

In 10 years Jagex will probably have destroyed all RS2 and RSC accounts and moved on to RS3, and everyone will have to start over with a new account and there will be no rares.
Yikes. :ohnoes:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I personally don't see Runescape lasting that long... You must admit, the recent updates haven't been doing that well, and there's very little room for more story lined quests without making them sound completely idiotic.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Maybe RuneScape will turn over to a different story. Possibly we may find out all the secrets of the God Wars, and one will triumph.

But honestly I think JaGeX would've liked it if all holiday rares were edible. Maybe they could release another set of Phats that arn't tradeable. So then the market for Phats would decrease drastically, unless people payed 500m for an tradeable 1. Not the masks though, then havent escilated out of control, yet. :uhh:

in the future if the party hats get like to 300mill

money will be worth more also

ex.

your grand father bought a piece of gum for 5 cents

you buy your gum for 1 dollar

your grand father got paid 5 cents a hour

you get payed 5 dollars a hour

do you see?

That's called inflation, and I think that it can only keep happening as fast as it's happening if runescape keeps growing quickly.

it really

annoys me

when

people type

this

see??

waste of

space.

learn to

type

properly.

ON TOPIC:

Another reason for the inflation is the finite amount - which is decreasing. This decreases by:

•  

[*:1tuerhi8] Players Banned.

[*:1tuerhi8] People dropping and the item disappearing.

[*:1tuerhi8] People who have vowed not to sell.

Eventually (if someone had enough cash) they could hold a monopoly on the rare(s) market. Which then the price could be 2b + other rare/pricey items in the game.

My two cents.

~! Necro !~

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

merchants everywhere are going to want you dead now..... :anxious: In my opinion, it kinda ruins the point of a party hat if you do that.Party hats are usually a symbol of richness, and if they can suddenly be bought infinantly at a store, it just ruins it......

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....