"pures" who arn't pure

fire_spell

Lets start this with a definition...

Definition of pure (adjective)

free from anything that is different or that reduces value; clean

Pures therefore to be called pures should only train 1 stat. If you have trained to 40attk and 99str 1def SORRY you are not a pure because you are not "free from anything that is different."

I just had a 30min conversation with some guy trying to explain to him that his 77str 71attk and 63def character was not pure.

SO before you make another "pure" make sure it really is a pure before you go around calling it something it isn't.

Thanks.

fire_spell.png

It doesn't have to meet the description in the dictionary, as it is just Runescape jargon.

The idea of pure has changed a lot, and has branched off into many different meanings, but basically it's just someone taking advantage of the combat system.

Why shouldn't it have to meet the definition in the dictionary? Are you suggesting it be changed?
It fits quite well in the dictionary deffinition moron, couse its a melee pure and free from any non melee influences, next time you feel the need to post to try to look smart, dont bother.

He has a different opinion to yours.

Deal with it.

It's called life.

I'm going to call my computer monitor a frosted cake.

The dictionary defines cake as:

a sweet, baked, breadlike food, made with or without shortening, and usually containing flour, sugar, baking powder or soda, eggs, and liquid flavoring.

Now, my cake is not sweet, nor is it a baked breadlike food. It doesn't contain any of the ingredients listed above.

But it's a cake from your logic, because it's my opinion that it is such, and my opinion is different, so you must acknowledge that my cake is indeed a cake.

the cake is a lie!!!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You might also note that the dictionary doesn't just have one definition for a word. In this case, 'pure' has several meanings including 'ceremonially or ritually clean.'

The point is that language is fluid and can change and be modified by how people use it (for instance the word 'gay' used to be understood solely as being happy).

So, as a rant I give this a 0/10 and call it lame ("weak; inadequate; unsatisfactory; clumsy").

azdad.png

Lets start this with a definition...

Definition of pure (adjective)

free from anything that is different or that reduces value; clean

Pures therefore to be called pures should only train 1 stat. If you have trained to 40attk and 99str 1def SORRY you are not a pure because you are not "free from anything that is different."

Errmm.. what? :-s What your saying doesn't make sense..

All those stats are melee stats, therefore, since they belong in the same category, they are not "different".

If he had 40 attack, 40 defense, 40 strength, 40 mage, and 40 range then he would not be classified as a pure..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

First off its a general idea...

Second, "reduces value; " Having high strength and low attack does not reduce the value, but, greatly increases it, since it can preform better. Therefore, anything that 'helps' the player increase in value (ability to do what the stats are trained to do) is considered 'pure'.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

lol wow kid i think u need to take a month break from runescape if youre ranting about the definition of a pure on rs lol. back in rsc days a melee pure was unanimously defined as a play with higher hp than its combat and had ONLY lvl 1 prayer and lvl 1 magic....

I believe words only mean what you let them mean. If you don't believe me, go tell a guy who doesn't speak English to [bleep] off. He won't care. Likewise I believe that fureflon is the most awesome word in existence even though it isn't in your so called "Dictionary".

(Normally this is my argument about why I should be able to swear but I think it fits here)

He has a different opinion to yours.

Deal with it.

It's called life.

I'm going to call my computer monitor a frosted cake.

The dictionary defines cake as:

a sweet, baked, breadlike food, made with or without shortening, and usually containing flour, sugar, baking powder or soda, eggs, and liquid flavoring.

Now, my cake is not sweet, nor is it a baked breadlike food. It doesn't contain any of the ingredients listed above.

But it's a cake from your logic, because it's my opinion that it is such, and my opinion is different, so you must acknowledge that my cake is indeed a cake.

the cake is a lie!!!

He didn't ask him to acknowledge anything. He said to deal with it.

I for one can deal with you calling your computer monitor a cake. Because I don't care.

:mrgreen: After reading all your responses carefully I have concluded that my computer monitor is a cake (a thin one containing liquid crystals) and I will just have to deal with people calling things pure which are definitely not pure.

Thanks for your responses guys! :D

fire_spell.png

:mrgreen: After reading all your responses carefully I have concluded that my computer monitor is a cake (a thin one containing liquid crystals) and I will just have to deal with people calling things pure which are definitely not pure.

Thanks for your responses guys! :D

After reading your posts i have concluded you are a moron.

Stupid rant but I've gotta love these one liners people are throwing at each other.

But the diference with the cake thing is that pure is widely used and understood while cake isn't. Pure just has a diferent meaning on runescape where it isn't used as much by white supremicists.

Bah :shame: My monitor is actually a cake. You got a problem with that?

Just loosen up... dance... \' (just a way of slipping in my fave smiley.)

Pm, should be on, if its not... the world is over...

Blog time, me thinks!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5540663#5540663

Sorry about my nooby sig, I just thought it would be wrong to try and pretend I wasn't a noob!

Come on! a pure is exactly that haha if you have att 60, str 99 and def 60 you are not a pure! i have seen ppl cry cuz they got to def 2!!! on they pures!..

You can have different opinions, but theres is only 1 type of pure, and its the one that only lvls 1 skill to its fullest.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png