Best 99 to get?

Zaaps1

A few notes:

I want a trimmed skill cape and I already have cooking 99.

I've tried fletching, it's not working.

I don't care how HARD it is, as long as it is fairly FAST.

Now, by best I mean the quickest to level, but not nesscarily easy. Fletch is quick and easy, thieving is quick but not easy. I'm also looking to AT LEAST BREAK EVEN, and I'd prefer a supply skill (such as fishing, but not say smithing).

Please suggest a skill and tell me the method if it's not too much to ask.

Also, can anyone say how long 99 fishing will take?

Thanks so much everyone!

Well, if you go for 99 Runecrafting you'll make about 100m+. However crafting 1million+ nats WILL get boring.

Or you could try 99 Crafting? You can get good Magic exp along the way as well.

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

Well, if you go for 99 Runecrafting you'll make about 100m+. However crafting 1million+ nats WILL get boring.

About crafting, what's the method?

And I considered fm, never really liked the skill. But I'll send it through some calculations.

And I considered fm, never really liked the skill. But I'll send it through some calculations.

Method for crafting is usually buying green hides and turning them into green d'hide bodies, and alching/selling them.

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

Method for crafting is usually buying green hides and turning them into green d'hide bodies, and alching/selling them.

Problem is, he won't be any where near breaking even.

icecube7.jpeg

I would suggest a 99 combat while using slayer. Its 100% profit, minus weapon repair costs (if barrows) and pot/food costs.

If your not gonna train a cmb stat then get 99 in the stat you most enjoy. It will be a more "rewarding" experience. I know I feel happy after workin so hard for 99 defence then having ppl compliment it.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

What level did you give up on fletching? I'm 81/99 fletch and no where near giving up yet...

Calculating for craft.

By the way, how long would a 99 combat stat take?

Looking at your sig i see you are 90 str, get 99 and have a str t, a very beauty cape <3:

What sig?

Yes I did consider strength. I said to myself that I would get it to 99 if I knew where the best place was to train. With pc dead, I went to dags. They're ok I suppose, but does anyone know anything better?

Thanks you so much to all who posted! You have all helped!

does anyone know anything better?

Thanks you so much to all who posted! You have all helped!

For str training you can get 200k'ish an hour training at the guard monkeys on ape atoll with dharoks and sup att/str pots. That's about as fast as it gets. There are other places to dharok and I'm pretty sure ape atoll is the best place since there is an alter there so no pray pots needed. At 150-200k exp an hour it should take no longer than a month max. It sounds like a lot but to have a 99 stat that you really wanted to get and got makes it worth it.

You could train it with slayer and make some profit as well as get slayer levels but it would take a couple months for 99 str.

If you don't wanna do slayer or dharok then experiments are decent. You can get 45-65k exp an hour there. Its not great but its better than nothin

-------

I did 99 def at fire giants with guthans. It was long but that is because I didn't play more than 2 hours a day for 2-3 days a week.

Ha, try like meh, 550M for 99 runecrafting.

I'd go with fishing, it's a cool cape.

~Joe.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful replies!

Can someone comfirm the xp at monkey guards w/ dharoks? Just need a second opinon before I go through THAT quest again.

What's it about?

At the temple at Ape Atoll there are lvl 167 Monkey Guards and there's also an altar where the monkeys are. So this means that you can use prayers 24/7. Using Piety prayer and of course protect from Melee, and Protect item is also recommended. With dharok you just have to let yourself go to +-10 hp (By letting the apes hit you, or with the poison from the little spiders there). Be carefull when you let the apes hit you without prayer on, their max hit is 15. Then just super pot, turn your prayers on, and start hitting! If you are on too low hp and you get poisoned, drink your anti pot as fast as possible!

The whip version of this works about the same, except you don't need to go low hp. Just turn Piety, Protect from Melee and Protect item on, drink super pots, and start hitting them!

It's recommended to have finished the Recipe For Disaster quest before doing this, the Ape Atoll teleport spell is very usefull for this since it teleports you right into the temple.

Outfits.

dharokoutfitapes.png

If you don't want to risk this many items, take a glory or strength amulet, a warrior ring or not a ring at all, a skillcape and climbing boots.

whipoutfitapes.png

Xp / hour.

I tried both, and it seems like the Dharok method is better.

Xp an hour with Dharok at my lvls: 80k xp or more.

Xp an hour with Whip at my lvls: 70k xp or more.

Prayers.

If you have completed the King's Ransom quest (which you should), then use the Piety prayer non stop! The high attack and strength bonus help alot. Also, never turn off your protection from melee, unless you want to lower your hitpoints for dharok. At least, you can always have Protect item on, since this prayer hardly drains any prayer points, and you are next to the altar the entire time anyway. So if you would die you wouldn't lose all of your expensive items.

Invent.

Prayer pots.

Don't forget to take the prayer pots, you might need them. Some of the apes can block you the way, this means you can't run through them to the altar. When you are on 10 hp and almost out of prayer, and the apes are blocking your way, you must drink your prayer pot, because else you would die!

Anti poison pots.

Take about 4 normal anti poison potions. The little lvl 1 spiders in the temple are very poisonous. They only have 2 hp and are easy to kill, but still, they poison fast, even when you got protect Melee on! You can use the poison to lower your hp for the Dharok method, but don't die of poison once you are on 5 hp or something! If you stay close to the altar apes, the apes and the little spider will become unagressive after a while and then you won't need any more anti poison, unless you run too far away!

Super pots.

Depending on how long you are planning to stay there, take about 4 super attacks and 4 super strength potions. No need for super defence since you are using protect from melee all the time. I recommend re-potting when you are about 4 lvl's from your original stats (ex: 103/99 attack).

Salmon and sharks.

It's always safe to take some sharks, you never know an evil chicken would spawn, or your prayer would run out, then you can heal fast enough. The salmons are only needed while using the Dharok method. They don't heal alot of hp, and if poison or something else would bring you down to 3hp or lower, you could be a bit safer by eating one salmon, so you're back at about 10hp.

Runes.

If you completed the monkey part of Recipe for Disaster you can teleport to the Ape Atoll temple with the following runes: 1 banana, 2 fires, 2 waters and 2 law runes. Also take home teleport runes, or a tablet, or any other one click teleport. Don't take a glory to tele out of there, if you are in trouble you have to be able to tele quickly, and right clicking the glory etc isn't quick enough!

Greegree.

You can take any kind of greegree. This is just usefull if you have to run to some place without being hit by the monkeys, just stand on a place where you aren't under attack, and wield the greegree to turn into a monkey. The apes won't hit you once wielding the greegree.

Whip method: DDS/Mace.

When using the whip method it's best to take a dd++ or a dragon mace with you. I recommend the mace, since the dds doesn't hit enough on the apes their high defence level. I've been hitting alot of 50s with mace on them. Just use all your special attacks with this.

83hitapes.png

kirkape[cabbage]s.png

Here is a second opinion and guide to help. Note 80k exp/hour is the minimum. :-$

Great! Thanks for the guide, I think I'll be training strength :)