Dymed's Blog: Death of an RSC pure! 70 prayer at last!

wavey.gif

Hey guys. I haven't played Runescape in over a year now, but I think I'll give it a go for the next month or so. If any of you still remember me, I'm the noob who went to 99 attack, strength, defense, and hits with 1 prayer and 1 magic (113 combat). I even got attack, strength, and defense to 99 on the same hit. The topic of me getting them all to 99 at the same time looks like it got deleted (and I really liked what I wrote in that one too :( ), but the topic I made of me getting magic is still here from August 2006. Haha, reading that thread over now, I see that I said I would post pics later that day and then left the topic, because I kind of just stopped playing. :oops:

Anyway, my first term of medical school just ended and I have a bit of time to just relax for a little while (and believe me, after 14 weeks of medical school and a week of 6 hour shelf exams, you definitely need it...) and I wanted to see what's up. So for anyone who does remember me, add me back! Even if you don't have a clue and want another buddy to talk to, drop me a line as well. It seems like Runescape has really gotten a total revamp, and maaad things have changed. So many new crazy items, weapons, and armor. Prices for everything have changed as well, as expected. And what's this I hear about no more wilderness? And why is everyone complaining about this trading update? From what I gather, trades can't be unbalanced by more than 3k. Is this rule in effect yet, or is it happening January 1st as someone mentioned to me. How does this work with items that aren't sold in stores/items that players have given values (such as rares, monster drop only, etc.)? I am probably going to need a lot of questions answered (like "what's this cost?" and "ooo, what's this thing do?") and if any of you would like to help me get reacquainted with the game, I'd very much appreciate it. Or even if you're bored and just want to talk to me about whatever. :D (If not on Runescape, my MSN also works)

I'll be going to bed now and getting members in the morning or afternoon sometime. Hopefully some familiar faces post here or drop me a line, and some new ones too. ::'

I think this is the right forum to post this in? I haven't been on tip.it almost as long as I haven't been on Runescape, and looks like the forums got a little makeover as well, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. :-#

Well, the big changes are the duel arena (staking is gone), trading (merching will be gone), the wilderness (they put ghosts instead of pkers...) and dying (the risk factor is gone, because you can always go back to your gravestone and keep your items).

because of various factors, rare prices have diminished, making even more players unhappy.

And raw materials have gone up, lucky for some.

But don't worry, your 99 mage can still make money without Pking and staking, you can kill goblins! Hooray! :-k

<.< Happy times.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I'm being completely honest when I say I've never heard of you. :|

Well, PKilling is ruined, trading is ruined, there's a lot of tension between players and Jagex...

On the bright side, the amount of rule breakers, especially macroers, has greatly been reduced, bu at the cost of a rumored 50,000 members canceling their subscription and 150,000 other players quitting all together.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

i remember you dymed. I was working on my tank mage then around when you made ur first posts.... I remember u getting 99 all. Welcome back. Pking sucks now. Now most pkers either quit or are waiting for the 1 v1 arena to come around.

pandapk2.jpg

About this unbalanced trade thing, before I left I lent out a bunch of my items to my friends (full Guthans, whip, etc.) because I wasn't going to be using them so they might as well get some enjoyment out of it. Will I be able to get these back? :(

I've never heard of you but you sound like a very good player.

Good Luck with Med School aswell ^-^

Thank you. :D

I have never heard of you... But well, that may be because I'm not an 'old' Tip.Iter :-w

Anyway, always fun to see an old 'scaper coming back. But make sure you relax! You sound tired...

I'm looking forward to see some goals ::'

~Masky~

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

Hey socc masta, I remember you too. Glad to see you're still around. :D

So I log onto Runescape and within my first 5 minutes on, I get this:

gotontu5.png

And there are my stats. I forgot that I'm 1 away from 1400 total, so I am going to get on that. I might just do slayer for it, but I'm not sure yet.

Thinking of what to do now. I would like some of those new items like the dark bow and god swords and what not, but they're all out of my price range. :(

Barely got to play, still 7.8k exp away from my ranged level. Oh well, I'll get that done in the next day or two. :oops:

But what I've been pondering these past few days is whether I should raise prayer or not. I mean, it was nice being one of the classic pures left and having a unique character and whatnot, but I don't play "hardcore" anymore so there's no point in keeping my prayer low. I've been missing out on a looooot of aspects of the game, and I'd like to enjoy some of them now. Prayer would unlock a whole new game for me. Considering I have maxed melee, I'd be balling when it came to combat. I could finally go to the kalphite queen, dag kings, and not to mention all the quests I could do. I have a bit short of 71 prayer banked ectoing, and a little under 70 prayer if I pray at a gilded chapel.

bonesxh4.png

I know that the chapel is waay faster for 3.5x exp instead of 4, so I'm leaning towards doing that. However, my construction is 1 so no gilded altar for me. Is anyone also raising their prayer though their altar that would be kind enough to let me use their house to pray? O:)

Oh and also, if anyone knows of a clan I could join, that'd be good. I'm not really into pking (or bounty hunting, as the new folk call it) so it'd have to be a clan that does other things as well. I'm basically looking to chill with people, so they would have to have a good sense of community as well, which usually comes with older kids/adults in it. If anyone knows of one, be sure to tell me. :D

Prayer is a big step :-k

But dueling isn't around like it used to be.

So you can focus on other aspects of the game like you said, and Prayer will help with it :)

It can also be handy when doing that Duel Arena Tournament? Haven't tried that one, but I guess the higher your cb, the more chance you have.

Go for it me thinks :thumbsup:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

And here are the results so far...

After my very first inventory of bones:

firstinventorygh6.png

113 to 120 combat in like, an hour. New record? 8-)

120wx7.png

I ended the night off with 56 prayer. Still about 2k dragon bones to go. :thumbup:

Probably won't get to play again until midnight or so tonight, so I'll post again then. Hopefully a gilded altar is open again.

Finished up all my bones and got to level 69 prayer. Now it's time to do some quests that give prayer exp and then I'll get the rest of the bones needed to 70.

restlessghostlb0.png

Whoo, all freeplay quests finished! And only at level 122. 8-)

priestinperilyu8.png

A quest that's a pre-req for a few things out of the way.

hampc2.png

81/69 prayer? Did the mace do that? :o

Working on Holy Grail now. Hopefully the quests will bring me to like 25k exp to 70. That shouldn't be too many dragon bones. And then I can start putting my prayer to the test. Quests get a bit tedious at times, so I'm always looking for people to talk to. Just give me a PM. :D

Anyone have any ideas of what I should do first? Kalphite queen or whatnot...some people were inviting me to go to the God war game with them. I don't even know how to do that. :oops:

woa! I'm sure you just gained a world record level!

I'd recommend you to get in contact with some 'pro' monster hunters (not me :oops: ) and learn some tips and tricks how to kill certain monsters :thumbsup:

good luck!

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

Hey, yeah I remember you from a while back. It was pretty amazing to see someone with 1 magic and 99-99-99. Feel free to add me I wouldn't mind showing you how to do some things like the god war dungeon, kalphite queen, daggnoth kings, etc. A good clan would be Guardians of Fate. They are primarily a monster killing clan and have some pretty reliable people, as far being kind of a family clan I'm not quite so sure about that though :lol: . They are pretty good though. :D

Getting another sig

[removed]

Thanks for the compliments guys. :D

More quest progress:

grailmm9.png

A very decent amount of prayer exp. ::'

ghostsahoygk8.png

Gave me the long awaited Ectophial, and free access to Port Phasma-what.

historyye1.png

Anyone know what the enchanted key does now?

recruitmentxe7.png

Bleh, kept messing up and having to start over on this one. But I finally did it. Now I can respawn in Falador, yay.

Almost 70 prayer, still have to do a few more quests. Spirits of the Elid in particular will give me 8k exp. I have like 28k exp left, so quests won't quite get me there, but I'll just get the bones after that.

And nyyankees, I'll add you now. I'll be up for going monster hunting soon. :D

Added you :)

Nice chat.

You don't know what i have let you in for by showing you the slayer guild :)

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Took care of more quests yesterday; here they are:

goblinsrj1.png

Some prayer exp, yay.

frankensteinjj9.png

Needed to take care of this quest as a prereq for Swan Song. Now I also have that nifty Ring of Charos.

And then I realized that I needed 25 farming to to Garden of Tranquility, so I could do Swan Song. Seeing as how I had never farmed in my life (the level 9 is from Recipe quest) I had no clue what to do. So, read up on the tip.it guide and asked around, and got on my way.

14farmxx3.png

Dayuuum, farming takes way too long. Those 5 levels took me freaking forever. And way too much running around involved! I don't think I was doing it efficiently, but meh, I didn't know any better. :oops:

So I said screw it, and looked up what quests give farming exp. Forgettable Tale gave 5k exp, but I needed to be 17. At 17, 5k exp would bring me to 25, so perfect. I managed to get 17, and then...

dwarfon9.png

Voila, 26 farming, enough for Garden of Tranquility. But before I started on that, my friend logged on and we wanted to do Spirits of Elid together, so got that done.

genieux8.png

Smooth 8k exp. Nice. :thumbup:

Now it's time to do Garden of Tranquility...

That'll finish up the prereqs for Swan Song, so then it's off to that...

Then I will take care of Bone and Rag man to get some more prayer exp...

At that point, I'll be less than 1k exp from 70 prayer. I'll bury some bones for that...

And then do King's Ransom.

And THEN it's FINALLY time to go monster slaying. 8-)

Too many quests. >.> If anyone else wants to add me and keep me entertained during them, go right ahead. :D

Well guys, finally finished! Lots of pictures along the way:

gardenoi0.png

Garden quest finished, yay. Which gave me...

30farmfl3.png

30 Farming! Not that it means much, but yay.

ragman1ox0.png

Took care of the first part, not bad.

swansongna0.png

10k exp. :shock:

ragman2ir1.png

Wow, the second part took forever. Getthing those bones was such a pain in the...but anyway, I got it done. And it got meee....

70prayul9.png

GOT IT! Finally, whew. That took a while. But, I wasn't done just yet...

ransompc8.png

All prayers complete! :D

Not sure what to do first. I've never done Barrows or Kalphite Queen or anything. So NOW, anyone want to teach me how to monster hunt? :P