Those rich meanies...

regalterror

If you are a person like me, who can't seem to concentrate on one task in runescape (ie law running, mining, etc.) for long periouds of time such as 5 days straight mining, you know how hard it is to get money. and then you look up, and see people trading impossible millions above you. and you sigh, and get back to whatever you were doing, wondering how they got so rich. This happens to me daily. for example, there was the time...

*walking along karamja*

a low level person comes by, and randomly trades me.

i open trade, and he proceeds to show a screen with 999 mil on it.

i say, wow, thats incredible, can i have 50k? or even 5k? i need it for such and such.

rich guy: "haha no its all mine! get lost noob, get money yourself!"

keep in mind this really happened. rich people in runescape seem to be the ones that are ungenerous. i personally give people stuff about once a week, even though i have never even had a million gp. but here's these guy's with hundreds, thousands of millions, and they cant spare 50k, or even 5k, for anybody. whats with that?

i know how you feel, 6 yea only manageing to 3m. chances are you'll get flamed galore for this. find a skill you enjoy andforget about money. thats what im doing with agility. hardly requires money

Popoto.~<3

If this story really did happen, then he is a noob for going around showing off money and rubbing it in. However, it is his money and he doesn't have to give any if he chooses to. If he gave money (even a little bit) to everyone who asked him for it, he wouldn't have any left for himself.

Because at the end of Tutorial Island some NPC said that you have to work for your own items and that anyone with money worked for them and not to beg them. Showing 900m just to make people feel bad is a bit over the top, although don't people do that on a smaller scale on rate this and youtube bank videos?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Low level? Like... 9? I think it's art money.

anyway, he had a right to call you a noob; for asking for money, think about it. -.-

Art Money is only client side, not server side. It's safe to say Gowers and their team made everything possible to make runescape unhackable.

I know that it seems unfair that other players always seem to have more money than you, but begging for money is just not right. Put yourself in thier position, if you had 100 Mil, and gave 50k to EVERYONE who asked for it... you would have nothing after trading 2000 people...

barrowsmfmcape,inuyasha%20604.gif

inuyasha%20604.gifinuyasha%20604.gif

I also struggle to get money <.<

the highest i ever got was 5 mil (went on whip)

Do the skills you enjoy and you'll notice if you don't spend anything your money could rise ::'

Heh, still poor mate?

I don't blame the guy for calling you a noob.

Infact I respect him for that, I'd have a few choice words for you.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Do the skills you enjoy and you'll notice if you don't spend anything your money could rise ::'

Heh, still poor mate?

If people ask you for money, then, yes they are noobs. But if you go around with 900m showing it to people, you're being a [bleep], and should grow up.

I also have a hard time making money, only havving around 50-100k at a time, but i spend it on arrows, and the things i need. do i care im not rich? not really, do i wish i had more money? yeah, at times.

But if i really wanted 1m+ badly, i could probably do it in a matter of days.

Heh, still poor mate?

If people ask you for money, then, yes they are noobs. But if you go around with 900m showing it to people, you're being a [bleep], and should grow up.

I also have a hard time making money, only havving around 50-100k at a time, but i spend it on arrows, and the things i need. do i care im not rich? not really, do i wish i had more money? yeah, at times.

But if i really wanted 1m+ badly, i could probably do it in a matter of days.

Why are you a bleep who should grow up if you show your money to people? They are just jealous.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

If you are a person like me, who can't seem to concentrate on one task in runescape (ie law running, mining, etc.) for long periouds of time such as 5 days straight mining, you know how hard it is to get money. and then you look up, and see people trading impossible millions above you. and you sigh, and get back to whatever you were doing, wondering how they got so rich. This happens to me daily. for example, there was the time...

*walking along karamja*

a low level person comes by, and randomly trades me.

i open trade, and he proceeds to show a screen with 999 mil on it.

i say, wow, thats incredible, can i have 50k? or even 5k? i need it for such and such.

rich guy: "haha no its all mine! get lost noob, get money yourself!"

keep in mind this really happened. rich people in runescape seem to be the ones that are ungenerous. i personally give people stuff about once a week, even though i have never even had a million gp. but here's these guy's with hundreds, thousands of millions, and they cant spare 50k, or even 5k, for anybody. whats with that?

No one owes you anything begger. It's up to you to work hard for wealth, not to be spoon fed! :evil: I also can't keep to one skill for long and can make loads of money by alcheming.

RSN: Kingdom196.

I just say: Wow, you must be rich. They then bug you about yeah i am,, blah blah, I had to blah blah. They just show you that money so you will ask for money and then they can call you a noob, you fell for their trap.

If you don't wanna get called a noob, one of the biggest rules is don't ask for free stuff.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Asking for money is not very impressive in any case. :shame: Try not to be affected by the show-offs, it's not worth it. As long as you enjoy your gaming experience, who cares about how much money the next guy has?

The topic creater Anyways, I fail to see the point of this rant. Begging is very very sad and extremely annoying. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he has to give out money. If you had 100 mil I bet you wouldn't give out every single gp to random people with your hard worked money would you? It's not a chartiy for the poor.

I know that it seems unfair that other players always seem to have more money than you, but begging for money is just not right. Put yourself in thier position, if you had 100 Mil, and gave 50k to EVERYONE who asked for it... you would have nothing after trading 2000 people...

Who said it was unfair for other players to have more money. ONLY the lazy beggar say that.

To the original poster of this thread, if you spend the same amount of time and effort on training your skills as you did complaining and begging, maybe you'd have more GP by now.

aglipoy.png

If this story really did happen, then he is a noob for going around showing off money and rubbing it in. However, it is his money and he doesn't have to give any if he chooses to. If he gave money (even a little bit) to everyone who asked him for it, he wouldn't have any left for himself.

Umm...hmmm...I sometimes do that. I dont rub it in unless they beg, but I do get bored of hugging my 35m cash pile, so I show it to others. I mean, whats the point of being rich if you cant show it off?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Just say something like "Thats nice." and walk away. I do it all the time and they flame at me for not being impressed. They do it to feel special and if you ask for money your doing what you to do.

I mean, whats the point of being rich if you cant show it off?

Buy yourself something nice, work on a skill, give it to me... :anxious:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp