Does Jagex think everyone to be a noob?

MasterMarduk

To the Author of the OT: are you a pure, or are you just lazy? IDC whether or not you like quests, for any reason. I do have a problem with you complaining that you have to do quests in order to get/give more in a trade than 3k?

If you're pure, and you're afraid to gain a magic/ranged/def/??? lvl, well, what's that pure good for now? How's Duel Arena doing for ya? 3k/15 mins worthwhile? How's BH? Are you owning, or gettin owned?

Pures are pretty much worthless now, thanks to no PKing. Sure the above I mentioned have some worth to pures, but not very much.

No, your title question is pretty much worthless. Obviously you've been playing RS under a rock, if you haven't seen any of the ongoing war against terrorism... I mean, RWTers. If you haven't been kept up, JaGEx just dismantled the RWTer operation in RS. Sure, at the cost of all the other legit players. But, could I trust you in being a legit player or a bot or a RWTer? OF COURSE NOT! You can't trust me, or anyone else in RS, to be legit. But, for the most part, most numerous lvl3s were bots, and higher lvls were RWTers collecting their dough. Now that the war has been quelled, we can expect to see the old trade system come to life in ETA of 6 to 8 months. Just a speculation, but we'll see it come back to the old system, when JaGEx feels ready to trust the whole, or about 99%, of players.

~WSW~

You do know you can click my username right? that shows my stats

Ive mentioned in previous posts why I dont like quest, I suggest you read before you post.

Being so untrusting of others is a shame, I have meny close freinds ive found throught the game that we used to share and give stuff to help each other.

What Jagex is doing will only dehumanize everyone in Rs, making think there in a machine and not interacting with a person that has feelings, thoughts or considerations.

Well, hell, Marduk, we ain't against people who are against the changes, we're just annoyed that you would think of some pretty idiotic ideas that could potentially make RS extinct. (trade @ lvl 100 - this aint communism , this is capitalism, you stupid noob - yes i'm calling you a stupid noob, marduk!)

You're an atk/str pure. 84 def compared to the high 90's lvls of atk and str... you're just lazy or not imagnative. Get over it.

I'm sorry you hate quests based on content. Be glad you have 144 qp. I'd be afraid you'd quit if trade limits were based on qp! (PS I hope you do quit - that way, 1 more major whiner gone from the RS world :P)

Unfortunately, your friends that you know irl that play RS you can sure believe they're real - unless they're gettin hacked. The other ppl you met on RS, that you don't know irl, sure they can put on a good convo, but you know if they're legit? They skilled as a cover-up perhaps.

It's not a shame to not trust people. That's called being on your guard. Kinda like if you were on myspace talking, and a boy your age wants to meet you. Turns out he's somewhere in his 30s and a molester. Same deal here. A bot is just as bad as a molester, in their respective environments. They're danger to societies.

I'm sorry, Marduk, I'm glad you're also not working for JaGEx. You'd destroy JaGEx in one fell swoop. Millions would have nothing to play, and you'd be out of a job. They wouldn't let you even touch MechScape.

Bell curves don't work well here on RS. Your argument is invalid, comparing it to college (i'm assuming you meant grades in college courses.) Bell curves... curves... qp is a straight number, can easily be implemented as a linear algorithm to easily limit trade worth and value.

Basis: you get rewarded (in this case, decreased trading restrictions) by purchasing a product that a company sells (i.e. JaGEx sells their ideas as quests. Players - customers - do the quests.)

You were a mod? Who in the hell gave you mod status?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Off the counter-rant:

My guess on the 3000 number is that JaGEx would have created the system so that based on your combat lvl, you could trade up to 1k times your cmb lvl. Pretty uneven as far as the range of cmb goes, but in this case, a lvl 3 autoer could only trade up to (1k * cmb lvl 3) = 3k per 15 minutes to a bot owner's main account (1k * let's say cmb lvl 60) = 60k per 15 minutes.

QP is a much smaller number to work with on f2p scale (seeing as you can get up to 34-35 qp on f2p). The trade restriction is much easier to work with, because many f2pers will have done most or all the quests to fully enjoy JaGEx's product. It's again coming to the rewards thing i said before.

~WSW~

Im far from a pure, I used to have 76 defence then I desided to work on it the I become very bored and stoped.

Ask most any Mods here on Tip.it almost all know me atleast in some way 8-) so before you got on this your a noob thing, realize ive been around RS since before even most everyone here with the exception of a very small amount of people. Im 23 years old if a boy my age turns out to be a 30 yo and trys to touch me he would be dead within seconds of that attempt. I was a Player mod for a long time, so i really dont see were you get this Id hurt runescape idea.

And with the number 3000 ill get back to Jagex thinking everyones a noob. 3000 is a noobish number, You cant do anything theres no variance at all no ability to be flexable. Theres also a problem, what they are doing is over kill, with RWT deals are done in the millions, why set the amount so low as to 3k? thats completely and utterly rediculous. Puting QP as the thing to increase trade limits is unfair to both those that dont like quest as there boring as hell, those that want to stay pureish and those that dont have the time to quest.

Sirhappy2002.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Author of the OT: are you a pure, or are you just lazy? IDC whether or not you like quests, for any reason. I do have a problem with you complaining that you have to do quests in order to get/give more in a trade than 3k?

If you're pure, and you're afraid to gain a magic/ranged/def/??? lvl, well, what's that pure good for now? How's Duel Arena doing for ya? 3k/15 mins worthwhile? How's BH? Are you owning, or gettin owned?

Pures are pretty much worthless now, thanks to no PKing. Sure the above I mentioned have some worth to pures, but not very much.

No, your title question is pretty much worthless. Obviously you've been playing RS under a rock, if you haven't seen any of the ongoing war against terrorism... I mean, RWTers. If you haven't been kept up, JaGEx just dismantled the RWTer operation in RS. Sure, at the cost of all the other legit players. But, could I trust you in being a legit player or a bot or a RWTer? OF COURSE NOT! You can't trust me, or anyone else in RS, to be legit. But, for the most part, most numerous lvl3s were bots, and higher lvls were RWTers collecting their dough. Now that the war has been quelled, we can expect to see the old trade system come to life in ETA of 6 to 8 months. Just a speculation, but we'll see it come back to the old system, when JaGEx feels ready to trust the whole, or about 99%, of players.

~WSW~

Ive mentioned in previous posts why I dont like quest, I suggest you read before you post.

Being so untrusting of others is a shame, I have meny close freinds ive found throught the game that we used to share and give stuff to help each other.

What Jagex is doing will only dehumanize everyone in Rs, making think there in a machine and not interacting with a person that has feelings, thoughts or considerations.

Well, hell, Marduk, we ain't against people who are against the changes, we're just annoyed that you would think of some pretty idiotic ideas that could potentially make RS extinct. (trade @ lvl 100 - this aint communism , this is capitalism, you stupid noob - yes i'm calling you a stupid noob, marduk!)

You're an atk/str pure. 84 def compared to the high 90's lvls of atk and str... you're just lazy or not imagnative. Get over it.

I'm sorry you hate quests based on content. Be glad you have 144 qp. I'd be afraid you'd quit if trade limits were based on qp! (PS I hope you do quit - that way, 1 more major whiner gone from the RS world :P)

Unfortunately, your friends that you know irl that play RS you can sure believe they're real - unless they're gettin hacked. The other ppl you met on RS, that you don't know irl, sure they can put on a good convo, but you know if they're legit? They skilled as a cover-up perhaps.

It's not a shame to not trust people. That's called being on your guard. Kinda like if you were on myspace talking, and a boy your age wants to meet you. Turns out he's somewhere in his 30s and a molester. Same deal here. A bot is just as bad as a molester, in their respective environments. They're danger to societies.

I'm sorry, Marduk, I'm glad you're also not working for JaGEx. You'd destroy JaGEx in one fell swoop. Millions would have nothing to play, and you'd be out of a job. They wouldn't let you even touch MechScape.

Bell curves don't work well here on RS. Your argument is invalid, comparing it to college (i'm assuming you meant grades in college courses.) Bell curves... curves... qp is a straight number, can easily be implemented as a linear algorithm to easily limit trade worth and value.

Basis: you get rewarded (in this case, decreased trading restrictions) by purchasing a product that a company sells (i.e. JaGEx sells their ideas as quests. Players - customers - do the quests.)

Off the counter-rant:

My guess on the 3000 number is that JaGEx would have created the system so that based on your combat lvl, you could trade up to 1k times your cmb lvl. Pretty uneven as far as the range of cmb goes, but in this case, a lvl 3 autoer could only trade up to (1k * cmb lvl 3) = 3k per 15 minutes to a bot owner's main account (1k * let's say cmb lvl 60) = 60k per 15 minutes.

QP is a much smaller number to work with on f2p scale (seeing as you can get up to 34-35 qp on f2p). The trade restriction is much easier to work with, because many f2pers will have done most or all the quests to fully enjoy JaGEx's product. It's again coming to the rewards thing i said before.

~WSW~

Im far from a pure, I used to have 76 defence then I desided to work on it the I become very bored and stoped.

Ask most any Mods here on Tip.it almost all know me atleast in some way 8-) so before you got on this your a noob thing, realize ive been around RS since before even most everyone here with the exception of a very small amount of people. Im 23 years old if a boy my age turns out to be a 30 yo and trys to touch me he would be dead within seconds of that attempt. I was a Player mod for a long time, so i really dont see were you get this Id hurt runescape idea.

And with the number 3000 ill get back to Jagex thinking everyones a noob. 3000 is a noobish number, You cant do anything theres no variance at all no ability to be flexable. Theres also a problem, what they are doing is over kill, with RWT deals are done in the millions, why set the amount so low as to 3k? thats completely and utterly rediculous. Puting QP as the thing to increase trade limits is unfair to both those that dont like quest as there boring as hell, those that want to stay pureish and those that dont have the time to quest.

Firstly, I fail to believe that you are 23 years old if you still believe that stats of your character is a good evaluation of how credible your argument is, and your overuse of the term 'noob'. Seriously, don't use it. Also, trying to be masculine with: 'Im 23 years old if a boy my age turns out to be a 30 yo and trys to touch me he would be dead within seconds of that attempt.', results in no respect from us.

Secondly, 3K isn't a 'noobish number', it's just an unrealistic number for more advanced characters. It is very realistic for your basic level 3, 0 qp, under 100 total skill leveled character. Just wait for the trade restriction loosening system to be introduced.

Thirdly, the use of qp to loosen trade limits is good because you can't efficiently program a character to raise it. Using combat level is unfair because I think that there are plenty more players which really don't want to raise combat than those who really have to keep their character at 0 qp. Besides, you can really easily auto your way to level 100 combat. In fact, you're giving the RWTers a helping hand because there are already programs in order to train combat out there for the purpose of green dragon killing.

What's wrong with quests anyway? They're one of the best parts of the game.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

~WSW~

Off the counter-rant:

~WSW~

Firstly, I fail to believe that you are 23 years old if you still believe that stats of your character is a good evaluation of how credible your argument is, and your overuse of the term 'noob'. Seriously, don't use it. Also, trying to be masculine with: 'Im 23 years old if a boy my age turns out to be a 30 yo and trys to touch me he would be dead within seconds of that attempt.', results in no respect from us.

Secondly, 3K isn't a 'noobish number', it's just an unrealistic number for more advanced characters. It is very realistic for your basic level 3, 0 qp, under 100 total skill leveled character. Just wait for the trade restriction loosening system to be introduced.

Thirdly, the use of qp to loosen trade limits is good because you can't efficiently program a character to raise it. Using combat level is unfair because I think that there are plenty more players which really don't want to raise combat than those who really have to keep their character at 0 qp. Besides, you can really easily auto your way to level 100 combat. In fact, you're giving the RWTers a helping hand because there are already programs in order to train combat out there for the purpose of green dragon killing.

Stats are required to do the quest in the first place, do you think they should remove them too becuase they are unfair to those that dont want to lvl skills? masculine?! No i just dont like guys sorry if you do, its not my thing. If someone trys to touch me anywere that I didnt like I will hurt

them.

3k inst noobish?! how is that not noobish? thats more then a noob required to do anything and is ussually at most the value of things noobs mess with. No real world trader would make a lvl 100 guy just to sell gold and to farm logs, Its to much investment for fewer returns. I know tons of people that hate quests more then lvling, and dont do them at all.

Sirhappy2002.png

~WSW~

Off the counter-rant:

~WSW~

Stats are required to do the quest in the first place, do you think they should remove them too becuase they are unfair to those that dont want to lvl skills? masculine?! No i just dont like guys sorry if you do, its not my thing. If someone trys to touch me anywere that I didnt like I will hurt

them.

3k inst noobish?! how is that not noobish? thats more then a noob required to do anything and is ussually at most the value of things noobs mess with. No real world trader would make a lvl 100 guy just to sell gold and to farm logs, Its to much investment for fewer returns. I know tons of people that hate quests more then lvling, and dont do them at all.

1) "inst"? I'm glad you're not a player mod anymore, if you're not. Not with that grammar.

2) Will and Co. , thanks for summing up all Marduk's mistakes. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

3) the whole "myspace - 30 yr old molester" concept was an example. If you were 23 years old, you would definitely understand that concept of a teenage girl being tricked by a 30 yr old man, posing as a teenage boy. I know you're a guy. And I know that facade was put up very unprofessionally, very immaturely. Unfortunately, you definitely do not understand that concept. That makes me realize three things:

a. you're a mentally challenged person. (no offense to any other mentally challenged players), or,

b. you're not 23 years old. You're more like around 12 or 13 years old.

c. you're 23 years old, still live with your parents, dropped out of college, in the basement, dark, the glow of the monitor the only light source when you're playing RS. You're as sad as they come.

Personally, I was thinking (B), but you're more like all three when you compose yourself...

FINAL JUDGMENT: MasterMarduk is a noob at heart; he might have spent more than 3 years on his character, but has turned into a noob at heart. Age (the number) doesn't matter in this case.

EDIT: 100th post. Thanks, Marduk, for boosting my post count. IDIOT!

~WSW~

~WSW~

Off the counter-rant:

~WSW~

them.

1) "inst"? I'm glad you're not a player mod anymore, if you're not. Not with that grammar.

2) Will and Co. , thanks for summing up all Marduk's mistakes. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

3) the whole "myspace - 30 yr old molester" concept was an example. If you were 23 years old, you would definitely understand that concept of a teenage girl being tricked by a 30 yr old man, posing as a teenage boy. I know you're a guy. And I know that facade was put up very unprofessionally, very immaturely. Unfortunately, you definitely do not understand that concept. That makes me realize three things:

a. you're a mentally challenged person. (no offense to any other mentally challenged players), or,

b. you're not 23 years old. You're more like around 12 or 13 years old.

c. you're 23 years old, still live with your parents, dropped out of college, in the basement, dark, the glow of the monitor the only light source when you're playing RS. You're as sad as they come.

Personally, I was thinking (B), but you're more like all three when you compose yourself...

FINAL JUDGMENT: MasterMarduk is a noob at heart; he might have spent more than 3 years on his character, but has turned into a noob at heart. Age (the number) doesn't matter in this case.

EDIT: 100th post. Thanks, Marduk, for boosting my post count. IDIOT!

~WSW~

Ive played runescape since March of 2001, Sorry my spelling isnt up to your standards, but im not anal retentive like you. I dont focus on peoples faults, sorry I cant type all that great.

Your point A, Oh yes im mentally challanged ya!! :roll:

Your point b, Sorry, but I am 23 years old :D

Your point c, No im in college, I acctually live with my grandparents and my parents owe me over 5k dollars. I live on the second floor of there house. Whats wrong with the dark? I perfer to be up at night look out at the stars, you cant do that with lights on and waste power for uneeded purposes.

Id like to note your stats suck, how long have you played rs? a year? Ya im sure you know what it used to be and what fun everyone used to have before they started with crackdowns on things, First the chat filter after people started cussing with incoming users. There used to be a respect amoung all rs players back then, and clearly with you constant assults on my character which are unfounded, you show whats new to rs and why Jagex is required to take the actions they have.

Sirhappy2002.png

I have nothing against anyone in the game, except those who treat others with disrespect, or constantly show stupidity in their linear thinking.

You are one of these people. March 2001, you started, eh? On that one character? Then you must be a noob if you took that long to get to there you are. That's based on your thinking. On my thinking, I'd give you a fair assessment on your character. I've played for about 2 years, but have read up on the lore and legends of the past, so I'm well aware on certain things. Thanks for thinking my stats "suck", but then in that case, your stats "suck" too. I had not mentioned that any of your stats were deficient in any of my previous replies. I would love you to find out where my jabs at your chr are at, and will then apologize for hurting your feelings.

As in the case of your age, you do not act or think like a 23 year old, based on this and other threads you've possibly started. I'm sorry you're not with your parents. I don't want to know the story with them, as you said you lived with your grandparents. I don't care if they owe you money. Sounds like you got a lot of personal issues, and you shouldn't have to mention them to others who don't give a dang. You are extremely immature for your age, underdeveloped in your thinking, and I bet you're lacking in major social skills irl. Sorry your life is the way it is. If you like it like that, good for you. But really, don't think your behavior on the forums and on RS are acceptable to everyone else.

~WSW~

I am stepping into this thread in order to remind folks that regardless of personal views, verbally attacking each other as users is unacceptable. The thread was created in order to put forth the views of the author and I read every post, watching it degenerate into attacks on gender, age, intelligence, grammar. Obviously people are going to have different opinions on subjects and right now the touchiest subjects are those that are related to the very large changes that Jagex has decided to implement in Runescape. Emotion is high and many of the responses that I see are not thought out discussion, but hateful, angry stabs. Many of them were made without reading beyond the first post at all, so those users did not even take the opportunity to read what more the author himself might have had to say in rebuttal to things.

The userbase at tip.it has a wide variation of ages and nationalities. My own expectation for users is for them behave with respect and decorum, whether they are 12 years old or 75, whether they are from the eastern world or the western world. There are many successful discussions on our boards in which users are able to curb outrageous emotion and talk to one another without nastiness.

My first inclination was to simply lock this thread, but I do not want to do that. I would rather see users pull together and discuss things in a rational way and stop hurling insults and names at one another.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

~turtlefemm-tip.it forum moderator

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Just to note, I have played since the begining, and this is the first update that has ever even made me consider quiting.

I have never before quit and I never planed to but the inflexability of this is to much. If they wanted to get rid of Bots/RWT all they would have to do is make it so trading under lvl 100 was resticted. Since investing time into making a character lvl 100 is to much for both bots and RWTers it would have solved this. The limit of 3k and what 30k? with quests?! I hate quests theres no way in hell I would do them.

The limits are why they think we are noobs, that kinda limit is for very small trades, If you want to do big trades the limits are far to imflexable.

the update is flexible, you aren't.. "eek theres a mouse in that quest, ewww! no I'm not doing it!!". you want 30k trade limit then man up and do the quests, it's not gonna kill you and if you've been playing that long you probably have levels enough to make alot of them a breeze. man I hate stubborn idiots <.<

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

SHUT UP.

RIGHT NOW.

I swear, everyone's whining about this update.

JAGeX, to PayPal, was synonymous to the words "credit card fraud."

Do you know what this means, Mr.Two Year Old Whiny Boy? I doubt it. It means that autoers used credit cards that didn't belong to them to become members, thus commiting what's called a felony. So, JAGeX, in order to keep RuneScape alive, had to make this update.

Which would you rather have, RuneScape or no RuneScape?

[English translation needed]

SHUT UP.

RIGHT NOW.

Do you know what this means, Mr.Two Year Old Whiny Boy? I doubt it. It means that autoers used credit cards that didn't belong to them to become members, thus commiting what's called a felony. So, JAGeX, in order to keep RuneScape alive, had to make this update.

Goldfarmer commits credit card fraud, ergo Jagex is legally responsible for the private citizen/corporation's action? Does not compute.

SHUT UP.

RIGHT NOW.

I have not once whined about anything, ive just stated facts and my views.

Then someone needs to do alot better job of credit card authentication id say. When you use one at any place they have to authenticate it. How is this any differant, I think thats just an excuse someone created to make things look more needed and urgent.

Sirhappy2002.png

Just to note, I have played since the begining, and this is the first update that has ever even made me consider quiting.

I have never before quit and I never planed to but the inflexability of this is to much. If they wanted to get rid of Bots/RWT all they would have to do is make it so trading under lvl 100 was resticted. Since investing time into making a character lvl 100 is to much for both bots and RWTers it would have solved this. The limit of 3k and what 30k? with quests?! I hate quests theres no way in hell I would do them.

The limits are why they think we are noobs, that kinda limit is for very small trades, If you want to do big trades the limits are far to imflexable.

the update is flexible, you aren't.. "eek theres a mouse in that quest, ewww! no I'm not doing it!!". you want 30k trade limit then man up and do the quests, it's not gonna kill you and if you've been playing that long you probably have levels enough to make alot of them a breeze. man I hate stubborn idiots <.<

Im unflexable? we are going from unlimited value trades to 3k max veriation (30k if you have done all quests). I would call that unflexable, and then to make someone spend time doing a quest which bores them just to be able to trade 30k to someone without it saying, "OH NO you cant do that!" please. There all so easy they take time that I dont have and im not willing to spend, and quest come out regularly im missing around 45 some.

Sirhappy2002.png

Thread locked... Users obviously were not interested in the words I posted:

I am stepping into this thread in order to remind folks that regardless of personal views, verbally attacking each other as users is unacceptable. The thread was created in order to put forth the views of the author and I read every post, watching it degenerate into attacks on gender, age, intelligence, grammar. Obviously people are going to have different opinions on subjects and right now the touchiest subjects are those that are related to the very large changes that Jagex has decided to implement in Runescape. Emotion is high and many of the responses that I see are not thought out discussion, but hateful, angry stabs. Many of them were made without reading beyond the first post at all, so those users did not even take the opportunity to read what more the author himself might have had to say in rebuttal to things.

The userbase at tip.it has a wide variation of ages and nationalities. My own expectation for users is for them behave with respect and decorum, whether they are 12 years old or 75, whether they are from the eastern world or the western world. There are many successful discussions on our boards in which users are able to curb outrageous emotion and talk to one another without nastiness.

My first inclination was to simply lock this thread, but I do not want to do that. I would rather see users pull together and discuss things in a rational way and stop hurling insults and names at one another.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

~turtlefemm-tip.it forum moderator

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle