Just read it all, please take the time...

Naruto_1001

Dear Tipit'ers,

This is going to be a long post but I hope I make it worth your time to read it all, it won't have the same effect if I make it shorter and take things out so I will fully explain everything word by word.

I started playing in November 2004, and had fun with most of the skills. Killing Scorpions together can be fun if your just a level 5... It only took me 6 months to get enough friends to keep me on RuneScape and play together, this didnt only resulted in a 99 skill, but also a fantastic time together with people that just loved the game like I do. However this only took a few months, my mates became members and they kinda forgot me, well most of them...

Some of those "friends" stopped playing soon after, however I kept playing and had to see how Jagex would change RuneScape in small steps... For me it started with the introduction of Tiara's, its only a small change but it had effect and thats why I call it the beginning.

Make X was the next step that I didnt want to, some people might say its usefull, but they probably didnt know how hard Cooking and Fletching where before it, and just know it like the easy skills. We can see the results of this today... 32500+ people are 99 Cooking and 31500+ people got 99 Fletching.

Stronghold of Security was the third step to my opinion, AFK training for 10 minutes is easy in there and only takes you ONE minute to gain a new TEN! minutes of AFKing. Giant Spider (level-50) are the most suggested monsters to train on if your high level and play on a Free 2 Play server. This aint because there loot is great or the graphix are nice and not even because its fun... Its because its easy and everyone is becomming to lazy to do things themselves, I belong to this group aswel...

Most people say only stakers, merchanters and pkers are hurt on Jagex way to destroy RWT. However with the final update they also destroyed the skillers by taking away the runners you payed for there work. This final updated is making it all complete...

Just to let you know...

Ya I'm just one of those F2Pers that don't pay for this game, I don't deserve updates your right! I wish I didnt get any updates because then I wouldnt get any of those I talk about aswell and maybe I still enjoyed the game. Please don't use this last thing to just rant in this topic... If you really don't care about people like me... Please do...

I've only beein the stronghold once, since it was launched.

ice giants are best f2p high level training spot, seeing as they drop big bones, which giant spiders don't. That, and one usually returns with around 50k in loot each trip. And circa 10k prayer exp.

So we somewhat disagree :)

One of these days I'm going to log in and see this:

"Welcome to Progress Quest 3D."

You're right. This game has been made more automatic and furthermore less about how you find ways to beat the system and more about how long you are willing to conform to it- that is, how long you're willing to spend mindlessly (let's make a distinction here) clicking on pixels. It is no longer about timing, dexterity, innovation, or indeed, creativity- just grinding. If this is RuneScape as it was intended to be, then I shall have no part of it. This is not what I enjoy about a game, and indeed, it was not what I enjoyed about this game three years ago.

I started playing in November 2004, and had fun with most of the skills. Killing Scorpions together can be fun if your just a level 5... It only took me 6 months to get enough friends to keep me on RuneScape and play together, this didnt only resulted in a 99 skill, but also a fantastic time together with people that just loved the game like I do. However this only took a few months, my mates became members and they kinda forgot me, well most of them...

Some of those "friends" stopped playing soon after, however I kept playing and had to see how Jagex would change RuneScape in small steps... For me it started with the introduction of Tiara's, its only a small change but it had effect and thats why I call it the beginning.

Make X was the next step that I didnt want to, some people might say its usefull, but they probably didnt know how hard Cooking and Fletching where before it, and just know it like the easy skills. We can see the results of this today... 32500+ people are 99 Cooking and 31500+ people got 99 Fletching.

Stronghold of Security was the 3th step to my opinion, AFK training for 10 minutes is easy in there and only takes you ONE minute to gain a new TEN! minutes of AFKing. Giant Spider (level-50) are the most suggested monsters to train on if your high level and play on a Free 2 Play server. This aint because there loot is great or the graphix are nice and not even because its fun... Its because its easy and everyone is becomming to lazy to do things themselves, I belong to this group aswel...

Most people say only stakers, merchanters and pkers are hurt on Jagex way to destroy RWT. However with the final update they also destroyed the skillers by taking away the runners you payed for there work. This final updated is making it all complete...

Just to let you know...

Ya I'm just one of those F2Pers that don't pay for this game, I don't deserve updates your right! I wish I didnt get any updates because then I wouldnt get any of those I talk about aswell and maybe I still enjoyed the game. Please don't use this last thing to just rant in this topic... If you really don't care about people like me... Please do...

I'm also F2P, but I agree with most of your things here, honestly, I havent been around on RuneScape very much but I see your point.

Jagex, what I find, aren't trying to ruin the game, they're trying to abolish the Autoers and Macroers, etc.

Yet, I have no problem with Autoers and Macroers, they keep the costs of raw items/materials affordable.

But other than that, I completely agree.

~Aidan.

quickmariork3.jpg

Yet, I have no problem with Autoers and Macroers, they keep the costs of raw items/materials affordable.

~Aidan.

With that attitude that might be your first, and last day on tip.it .. lol

Meh, he has a point. Lots of people agree with him. With the autoers gone it does make it harder and more expensive to train those usually easy-bought skills. I didn't mind them tbh. But then again I don't rely heavily on fishing or wcing. It all depends on how you play the game.

Sig.jpg

~Aidan.

Meh, he has a point. Lots of people agree with him. With the autoers gone it does make it harder and more expensive to train those usually easy-bought skills. I didn't mind them tbh. But then again I don't rely heavily on fishing or wcing. It all depends on how you play the game.

When has it become better, that bots are here and the prices are low ?

I'd rather 1 raw lob for 1000 each, than 1000 raw lob for 1 gp each, fished by autoers..

I play a multiplayer game, not multibot game, btw i have the char named multibot :P

~Aidan.

Were you out with the PCers ranting because the game just got harder? Have you ever touched a skill without a make "X" option? Think of itt his way.

Yes, raw fish are really cheap for your precious cooking, but how about fishing? You know it just swings the opposite way for them right? Oh wait, if the skill doesn't have the potential for 200k an hour while AFKing, you probabl have never touched it. Good work buddy.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It's simple really, Runescape is changing. When you just started, you did not know "the fastest" or "the best" ways of gaining exp. Once you found out new ways of playing, you would go with that new method, because it was better.

Imagine it with this analogy, our technology changes every day. We use that new technology. There are going to be those that complain and want to do it the old way, because that is how they grew up on it. It's just a fact of life.

This applies to Runescape as well. New methods, new weapons, new playing style, etc. There are going to complain to want it the old way, that could be with bots still around, trading, pking, dueling, etc. It is changing, get over it. It's a new game and new age.

I personally wouldn't want to use DOS compared to my Vista even though I enjoyed playing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on my DOS. <3:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

~Aidan.

agreed. i have to kill blue drags for my bones because they jumped from 1.6 -> 2.2k per. on the plus side any left over + hides earns me some profit while training range :)

Popoto.~<3

I'd rather 1 raw lob for 1000 each, than 1000 raw lob for 1 gp each, fished by autoers..

I play a multiplayer game, not multibot game, btw i have the char named multibot :P

True, so.. if you`re complaining about prices getting higher beacause of the ban or autoers. You can do something about it..... Get them yourself! Its no that difficult if you keep on it...

well, im playing since august 2006, but my brother is playing since 2002 (he is now retired, or playing ocasionally), i know things have become way easy as the time goes by, but i like it, im f2p, i train my skills and work hard, the AFK training is a bliss for us, we can get what? 35k xp per hour? that is really good, cuz members can get like 80k per hour, i like when they put things to facilitate the training, i see how is dissapointing for you, but learn to take advantage of it, you'll see that you will learn to like them too.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png