NEW MAJOR UPDATE IDEA

what about flaming arrows use tinderbox on arrows (new type of arrows could have wooden ends)

then you have flaming arrows TADAAAA!!!

they could also be used with explosive potions (perhaps bought from castlewars or made) for explosive arrows

.............../\/\/\/\/\..............

...............\/\/\/\/\/.............

what about flaming arrows use tinderbox on arrows (new type of arrows could have wooden ends)

then you have flaming arrows TADAAAA!!!

they could also be used with explosive potions (perhaps bought from castlewars or made) for explosive arrows

Have you been doing Underground Pass lately?

• 1 year later...
Lets convert runescape into COUTER STRIKE!!!!

The bomb has been planted!

........................HEADSHOT!.................................HEADSHOT!..HEADSHOT!

---Terrorists win!---

In other words, NO GRENADES. OR GUNS.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and yours is WRONG!

Now all we need are guns and nukes, and we'll have a WWIII in our hands...Zamorak vs. Saradomin vs. Guthix.

Just kidding...

I think it would be cool to see something SIMILAR to this. A throw weapon...Oh wait...That sounds like range doesn't it? And the rune throwing axe's special allows you to hit multiple enemies...

But yes, a NEW throwing weapon, that you possibly could use with an explosive potion would be an interesting addition. It doesn't even have to be a new weapon, it could be something that already exists now...Like darts and knives.

The major problem in grenades (Other than the fact about RuneScape being MAINLY medieval) is the damage they do. Will it be like poison and occasionally hit? Or an automatic death? Maybe a regular hit? I don't know, but the next person that suggests guns and grenades will probably be flamed by me.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

quick quick use your barrage...oh no hes owning me he has grandes.....maybe some other form of explosives for use in a certain minigame perhaps, but not grenades, are you trying to turn the whole wildy into the opening scene of saving private ryan?

I don't recall major use of grenades in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, seeing as it was a beach siege and no human man could throw a grenade that far. The opening scene contained MG-42s, MP40s, Thompsons, M1-Garands... Okay, okay, I'll stop.

Anyways, I think you guys got very defensive over this because he used a modern-ish term "Grenade". Had he said "Throwing Explosive Potion", the response wouldn't have been as bad.

As for damages, I think it should hit anywhere from 0 to 15, splash damage in a 3x3 radius (If you're group pking, you run the risk of blowing your friends up too). The other catch is they aren't stackable, perhaps. You'd need to waste an inventory slot per <INSERT NAME FOR EXPLODING THROWN OBJECT HERE>. I feel that would be balanced.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Erm... is anyone forgetting that there are cannons? Hmmm.... I actually like this idea. It would probably be implemented in the game in some way.

Also, China invented gun powder, but Germany was actually the first to have rockets, planes, etc., in the early 1900s.

Did you just watch the NG Channel, cuz a show of Chinese weapon inventions (eg grenade) was on a hour ago :shock:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Grenade puts too modern of a name on it. Perhaps a bomb? Could use new compunds to make and use crafting and herblore in the process. To use you would need firemaking and range. Would take time to light could fail, dealing damage to you. Would be difficult to make, something like that bomb in regicide.

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

bad idea :notalk:

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

This is an idea that if revised... alot... could be put to practical use. Also, for all those using history as an example, I would stop because, technically, the dwarves have steam engines, correct. So what started the industrial revolution. Steam engines. Alot of machinary. A new skill perhaps, factory working, at lvl 1 you can work making shoes and slowly make your way up. This is a fantasy game, not a history game.

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

- Joseph Stalin (1878-1953)

This is an idea that if revised... alot... could be put to practical use. Also, for all those using history as an example, I would stop because, technically, the dwarves have steam engines, correct. So what started the industrial revolution. Steam engines. Alot of machinary. A new skill perhaps, factory working, at lvl 1 you can work making shoes and slowly make your way up. This is a fantasy game, not a history game.

Wow, no one said that until the third page?

But if you guys are really sticklers for trying to tag it with a specific time period (even though Jagex has said it is a fantasy world and not a specific time period), pirates used grenades, and there are pirates in this game.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

Well, the gunpowder from the Chinese (me \' ) was used for entertainment and stuff, not for shooting people's arms off.

Grenades would eventually add guns, saggy pants, and breast-implants on women. :XD:

Bad idea IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

ummm..there goes the fun in runescape pking if someone in Jagex approves. I don't want gernades chucked at me and my clans as i walk through the wild. I want a fair fight.

Oh yeah, this isn't China, and this is like midevil europe with the odd mad scientist who got sucked in through time. Europe didn't know about China for a LONG time!!!!!!!1 :shame:

Holy crap, if we are getting granades, that would be fun. Not for killing but messing things up. Like putting grenades in cake stalls and wait til someone thieves from it. If we are getting guns I'm gonna be a sniper. Ultimate pker. *HEADSHOT*

I wouldnt mind getting an army helmet. Maybe we can finally get cars and chase people with them? *CRUNCH* :-w

Makes doing One Small Favor (or favour for you brits out there) one easy quest. Need to escape from a pker in the wildy wielding a sword? Pull out a nine and say back the (cuss word) off or I'll cap your (cuss). Mad that the guards beat your face in if they catch you picking threw their pockets? Give them something back, a nice hand grenade. We might be in the Dark Ages but everything evolves and strolling down the street with an Ak-47 seems like fun. Man I love that. Tired of wacking so much your arm is so? Pull out an RPG or maybe you don't like making a rocket propelled grednade then use a Tommy guy, better know as the Thompson. Only difference is the ammo clip. The tommy guy, and another amzing name is the Chicago Typewriter because of all the hits and murders. Get it? Reporters make stories of murders. Eh I thought it was funny. Anyways (ps longest comment I posted so far) What else could we add? O ya the amazing helicopter with duel machine guns. (Sorry don't know the real names for them). Hey screw the air ballons I'm going to go cap some pk clans. :XD: Die Mother (cuss)!! Woot got full rune, could make rune bullets. Rune clips.. the list goes on. I would love to have a beretta in my house, under the mattress. Hey want to go duel in my fencing ring? Sure, *gets in* bam heheh pwned. Sooo many things you could and add to the market. Speaking of markets, start a black market. Want to get some range exp and hate bending over (doesn't everybody, unless your into that stuff EWWWW) O please do not remove this post I worked really really hard into my thoughts. Anyways I think thats cool, I mean come on we already have factories, the blast furnace, and plus I think China only made gunpowder because of the sweat shops. A lot of history is made into guns. War and crimes. Speaking of crimes, don't want to buy something? Steal it by sticking a gun to a store owners header.

NOTICE IM NOT ENCOURGING CRIMES ONLY IF YOUR A HOBO AND DONT GOT MONEY.

Ok I think i wrapped it up nicely, no nukes no fun, we'd all die and that would end RS.