Misconceptions About RWT

Kyle6203

This thread is not promoting RWT. I am totally against it, and think that it is both unfair to the rule abiding players and to Jagex. However, the recent updates have disgraced the game so badly, I see no purpose in continuing to play. Now I would be ok with the updates if they weren't in vain, but the fact remains that rwt will continue to happen, and these recent updates will do nothing but change the way they work.

I did some research on rwt (mind you with no intention of purchasing anything). I will list the common misconceptions about rwt:

#1 They are associated with credit card theft, account theft, and item theft.

There are two types of sites that sell game currency/accounts/power-leveling. Professionaly run sites, and fake sites thats sole purpose is to rob people. Now a quick examination of these sites will usually allow you to tell the difference between the two. Professional sites usually are very well designed, have a live support, paypal emails, some even use western union, and an entire staff dedicated to customer support and those that farm the gold. Fake sites usually have a poor design, no live support, and a simple form you will fill out with your cc#, your account details, or whatever they may be asking you. The point is here is that the RWT's or at least the ones Jagex was trying to stop, werent really the ones causing the problems, it was the 1 person that was good at html that would put up a fake site to rob people.

#2 With these updates Jagex has officially stopped them.

Not even in the least bit. While researching I went to a few live supports and had a few chats with the representatives. I only went to pages that were professional, and offered services on multiple other games to increase my chances that they were legit. Here is how the conversation usually went:

Me: Hey, I was interested in buying some gold, but I would like to know how you plan on working around the recent updates that Jagex has just implemented.

Representative: We are currently unavaible to sell gold, we are however in the process of re-vamping our website, hiring more staff, and providing you with fast power-leveling. We will also be providing you with the option of us farming gold on the account, or even both power-leveling and gold. Of course this will cost slightly more, but it will be worth it. Please check back in a few days.

Now I know alot of you are saying "Ya right, i'm sure anyones going to just hand out their password to a gold farmer." Umm, excuse me but they sure didn't have any fears in sending them 100's of dollars on the hopes of receiving gold. Heres the real reason however on why the rwt's would have no incentive to steal your account:

-They wouldn't be able to do anything with the items or the gold. They obviously couldn't sell them.

-They wouldn't ask for the recoveries, just the password and would not be able to secure the account for sale.

Now you are probably saying "Ya right, i'm sure anyones going to risk being banned by doing this." How do you propose their going to get banned? Their going to be any other level 70 walking around killing monsters, cutting yew, casting high level alchemy. Their going to be successfully completing randoms, and moving in non-repetative fasions. Their not going to be level 3's with preset appearences, walking aimlessly from yew tree to yew tree. Here is what I found most frightening, take a look at this offer from on of the rwt sites sponsored on Googles page:

"We set up a compensation policy in case that any account would be banned: we will remake a same leveled account and add 2 more million gold than you ordered to that account as a compensation. Although it seldom happends."

See the amount of runescape gold buyers is very few in comparison with the population. Probably 1 out of 100-200 runescape players buys gold. Most that do only buy in small amounts too, they aren't buying 100's of millions at a time. To meet this demand, gold selling sites would simply have an array of computers with marcos all making accounts, walking to the desired destination, and endlessly farming materials in order to sell and make profit. Now that is no longer effective, they will instead have 1 person per computer working in 8 or so hour shifts doing the leveling/farming. This is obviously more expensive because it requires more employees to be payed which would explain why they are raising the prices on the services.

#3 The rwt's hire foreign people and make them work for near slave wages

Ok. First of all, these people aren't working for slave wages because they want to. It's because they have no other options. Did it ever occur to you that some people that live in poverty stricten countries don't have the oppurtunities that some of us have living in an ideal functioning country. Personally if I lived over there in that situation, I would be much happier leveling a runescape character than working in a dangerous factory making toys for spoiled brats in America. So stop comparing peoples lives to ours, and let them put food on their familys table.

#4 RWT would have inevitably caused the downfall of Runescape.

Give me a break. This is my most hated claim of all. You have got to be kidding right? Any MMO that has the potential for real world gain is going to have real world traders. This has been a known fact since Ultima and Diablo. Did rwt ever cause the downfall of those games? Nope. None. In fact, the game with the most rwting is WoW. With over 2.5 million subscribers all paying 15 a pop, now shouldn't it make sense that since WoW has so many rwt's that it should not be so successful and be well on its way to demise as well? You know what causes a games demise?

-The release of newer and better games

-Lack of updates

-Total obliteration to the former state of the game which was well-liked

Jagex has chosen number 3 this time, and did so without any regards to the players who have made this game what it is today. I know Jagex did it's part, but without us Andrew would still be working on Devious Mud in his parents basement. What i'm trying to say is that Jagex should of at least asked us what we thought about their future plans long before they spent so much time working on them.

In conclusion my time with this game is done, I thank Jagex for the 4 years of enjoyment they have given me, and despise them for those 4 years that I now feel i've wasted. Goodbye cruel world, and good riddance.

Lol great speech and i won't critisize you due to the fact that you didn't implement your anger fully when writing this post (dont ask me about this part please)

all the points you've made are absolutly true, but game makers never listen to their players. all they care about is making money. even if that means denying surviving income to a poor person just because they made money of pixels that developpers created for free distribution. they're greedy and don't care about you.

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

No rwt is over, jagex said so...

All my friends payed these rwt sites to get them fire capes for the last few years and none of them ever got hacked or anything, scare mongering rarely works however, i think the ammount of cheating on rs will increase whilst the detection levels will decrease.

They didn't make real world trading 'worse.' They just altered its form to something NEARLY impossible to detect. NEARLY.

I have three words for you: Limited Ip Addresses.

Here's how it could work:

Upon creation of your account, you enter the number of IP adresses that you play from and the site memorizes your current IP. You MUST set recovery questions there, and to set up more IP addresses you must get all five questions correct. You may delete an IP, but this would take a month to come into effect. Once that happens, all IPs are cleared and the IP used to clear them becomes the default.

Obviously this idea isn't perfect, but with a little tweaking, it would effectively end rwt.

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

They didn't make real world trading 'worse.' They just altered its form to something NEARLY impossible to detect. NEARLY.

I have three words for you: Limited Ip Addresses.

Here's how it could work:

Upon creation of your account, you enter the number of IP adresses that you play from and the site memorizes your current IP. You MUST set recovery questions there, and to set up more IP addresses you must get all five questions correct. You may delete an IP, but this would take a month to come into effect. Once that happens, all IPs are cleared and the IP used to clear them becomes the default.

Obviously this idea isn't perfect, but with a little tweaking, it would effectively end rwt.

And it would limit several million dial up players, its not going to happen.

Not only that, if Jagex seriously tried to monitor the hundreds of thousands of different ip's that logged in each day, they would be in a deeper hole then they were with trying to ban the bots. Tracing ip's as a way of stopping rwt will never work. Plain and simple.

Ok. First of all, these people aren't working for slave wages because they want to. It's because they have no other options. Did it ever occur to you that some people that live in poverty stricten countries don't have the oppurtunities that some of us have living in an ideal functioning country. Personally if I lived over there in that situation, I would be much happier leveling a runescape character than working in a dangerous factory making toys for spoiled brats in America. So stop comparing peoples lives to ours, and let them put food on their familys table.

lol so true

id rather play video games all day than work in some dangerous coal mine

i love how jagex blows things out of proportion and the fact is bots arnt people

and the "slaves" who did gold farm ooh big deal what are you going to do jagex start a revolution in poor asian countries by blocking their buisness

Ring_World.gif

You're right, it's not their fault they have to gold farm instead of work in a factory. It's their government's fault for not setting sufficient standards and creating a cruddy POS workplace.

And I love how you point out Americans, and not any UK countries or, for that matter, any other first-world countries at all. Using us as such a stereotype when you commit the same 'crimes'. I wouldn't be surprised if if you're racist.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

You're right, it's not their fault they have to gold farm instead of work in a factory. It's their government's fault for not setting sufficient standards and creating a cruddy POS workplace.

And I love how you point out Americans, and not any UK countries or, for that matter, any other first-world countries at all. Using us as such a stereotype when you commit the same 'crimes'. I wouldn't be surprised if if you're racist.

He also would enjoy getting virtual gold for spoiled Western kids more than making toys for spoiled Western kids. In the end, spoiled Western kids apparently win.

Jagex have stated that real life wealth will not equate to gain in RuneScape. (Don't be a smartass and say anything about membership)

Fact is, the game is not really ruined, there is room for improvement.

I think we will be seening a single combat Bounty Hunter wherein the rules are more strict. I.E. No attacking a player who has been in combat in the last 60 seconds (fixes Pile Jumping), gives time to escape and collect loot (Note: The Player who has been in combat can attack other players straight afterwards, its their choice). No teleporting (Really annoys you when you almost get the kill). Only 1 of each combat item (Runes, arrows, food and potions excluded) So no taking in two whips or such (makes it harder for rwt trades), only combat items allowed also. May only attack players within a 10 level range of you I.E. A level 100 would be able to attack levels 90-110.

Now theres the danger of the wild back.

See? Room for improvement.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Ok first of all, if you have no better input then to incorrectly call me a "racist", I would advise you to stay out of this thread. Notice I said "IDEAL FUNCTIONING COUNTRY" this would include your United Kingdom you dolt. I said America because well..... oviously most of runescapes players are American? Did you not notice this when you see the 75 American servers over the UK's 17? What did you wan't me to do? Make a list of all the countries that have people with money playing runescape? Would this make me not racist? Seriously that entire wall of text I just wrote and the best thing you can come up with is calling me racist because I didn't list every country with wealth that plays runescape. You must of been one of the ones shipped to runescape through miniclip huh?

Jagex have stated that real life wealth will not equate to gain in RuneScape. (Don't be a smartass and say anything about membership)

I think we will be seening a single combat Bounty Hunter wherein the rules are more strict. I.E. No attacking a player who has been in combat in the last 60 seconds (fixes Pile Jumping), gives time to escape and collect loot (Note: The Player who has been in combat can attack other players straight afterwards, its their choice). No teleporting (Really annoys you when you almost get the kill). Only 1 of each combat item (Runes, arrows, food and potions excluded) So no taking in two whips or such (makes it harder for rwt trades), only combat items allowed also. May only attack players within a 10 level range of you I.E. A level 100 would be able to attack levels 90-110.

It's ruined in the sense as to what it was before. I understand there is room for improvement and that runescape may be able to once again continue to thrive.

The game is however ruined for me. If I wated to fight preset opponents, in a preset place, with preset items, and preset level differences, I would play WoW's arena system. But I don't want this. I want the ability to roam in the wild, kill who I want, when I want, with what I want to kill them with. They took the uniquness out of the game. Their taking everything out of this game that made it what it was and throwing in numerous stupid proxy mini games to satisfy the 10 year old masses.

The wild and pking isn't my only problem however. I despise the grand exchange out of everything. You can't sell half the stuff you want to sell at the lowest price, and you can't buy half the stuff you wan't buy at the highest price. I mean seriously wtf is the point in that? The prices on items change so much so fast thats its impossible to keep up with them. It used to take weeks for a price on an item to change, now it takes 1 day. I had a buy option on 25 sharks at max price for a week and a half, never got em. It's ruined skills from fletching to herblore. I mean seriously, you can't make a potion anymore without losing about 2k. They should probably just remove herblore from the game altogether, right along with mining, smithing, and runecrafting. I think jagex should seriously take a look at the numerous faults in the other skills, before spending 6 months trying to release a new one.

It's ruined in the sense as to what it was before. I understand there is room for improvement and that runescape may be able to once again continue to thrive.

The game is however ruined for me. If I wated to fight preset opponents, in a preset place, with preset items, and preset level differences, I would play WoW's arena system. But I don't want this. I want the ability to roam in the wild, kill who I want, when I want, with what I want to kill them with. They took the uniquness out of the game. Their taking everything out of this game that made it what it was and throwing in numerous stupid proxy mini games to satisfy the 10 year old masses.

The wild and pking isn't my only problem however. I despise the grand exchange out of everything. You can't sell half the stuff you want to sell at the lowest price, and you can't buy half the stuff you wan't buy at the highest price. I mean seriously wtf is the point in that? The prices on items change so much so fast thats its impossible to keep up with them. It used to take weeks for a price on an item to change, now it takes 1 day. I had a buy option on 25 sharks at max price for a week and a half, never got em. It's ruined skills from fletching to herblore. I mean seriously, you can't make a potion anymore without losing about 2k. They should probably just remove herblore from the game altogether, right along with mining, smithing, and runecrafting. I think jagex should seriously take a look at the numerous faults in the other skills, before spending 6 months trying to release a new one.

Okay, first off, in the old wildy how many pkers did you see on a trip that weren't using some combination of: Dd(s, p, +), whip, dark bow, msb, d scim, dh axe, rune crossbow, maul(obby or granite)? Pretty limited, considering how many weapons are out there. And have you already forgotten the levels of wilderness? You had to go pretty deep to have any variety in your enemies' levels.

And with the GE, before it was made, you couldn't buy or sell most of what you wanted to buy or sell without lots of effort anyways, and the GE slowed price change, simply because players can't really control prices to the extent that they could; you have to buy and sell in a set range that changes VERY slowly.

Please, get your facts right.

I'm not even going to comment on how you said that they should remove herblore...

And the only thing I have to say to people who now go around shouting 'No pk no play!' and 'We pay to pk!', if you really mean what you say, don't you think you should all go quit the game? Seriously, it's almost funny to see you shout about how pking is the only reason you played RS, yet you still have active accounts nearly a month after the wilderness was removed..

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

you have to buy and sell in a set range that changes VERY slowly.

Whip prices rose 200k yesterday, d leg price rose 150k yesterday, in the space of about 4 hours.

Improvement, sure, but a system like that... It just ain't the same. I know all you hardcore PKers out there know what I mean.

Originally they could create hundreds of thousands of trash accounts and use those for getting money. Now they are limited to ONE account. Obviously that's much, much harder to do covertly and thus they have effectively been reduced.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Originally they could create hundreds of thousands of trash accounts and use those for getting money. Now they are limited to ONE account. Obviously that's much, much harder to do covertly and thus they have effectively been reduced.

Exactly. They've been limited to one account for getting the money in. It's much better than being able to make as many accounts as they like and then just putting the profits together.

Ip addresses solve this problem. If the ip address changes location over a long distance in a short time, Jagex can track that.

EDIT:

To answer the original 'myths',

1. Actual real world trading sites are not related to item/account theft, I agree, but the fake ones are. And the fake sites work because they use the example of RWTing sites, and provide a reason for the 'customers' to enter in their details. Remove the RWTing sites = remove the fake sites.

Oh, and they are related to credit card theft, but it's not the RWTers, it's the customers using stolen credit cards to buy gp. Refer to the DD article.

2. I agree with you that RWTing hasn't been stopped, but it's been severely limited, as other people have described. They can't use bots any more, and they can only do it on one account. In fact, it's now impossible to do it without a vary large element of trust involved.

3. That's not a misconception. That's fact. You never addressed your claim that it wasn't true. Oh, and it isn't a reason to let them continue doing it. It's like you should let a criminal steal from your neighbour's house because it keeps food on their table. The idea is to remove that option so they take up a non law-breaking path in life. RWTing is stealing and selling Jagex's property, it's illegal. That's a perfectly decent reason to stop it happening.

4. I guess you never read the DD article. Jagex was probably getting threats from the credit card companies to do something about RWTers or they would pull the plug on membership. The game is very much alive, and many undesirable parts of the game were removed. Staking was unfair because it involved deception for personal gain, pures simply took advantage of the combat system and ended up being the only way to be successful. Bots were, well, bots. They were killing the economy, and became harder and harder to detect. It wasn't long before an invisible bot came along.

What Jagex didn't want was for Runescape to start becoming a game in which RWTing was easy and commonplace, which as far as my experience goes, is the case for games like WoW.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What Jagex didn't want was for Runescape to start becoming a game in which RWTing was easy and commonplace, which as far as my experience goes, is the case for games like WoW.

They also didn't want autoer software to reach a point where it was virtually undetectable.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They also didn't want autoer software to reach a point where it was virtually undetectable.

Yeah, that's the most important reason for their action against RWTers.

As the game has grown, the demand for gold has grown with it, so it is worth gold-sellers' time to make smarter bots. "We keep developing technologies to combat bots, but it's like an arms race ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ we stop bots, they improve their macros, we stop them, they improve again," says Andrew. The longer we keep doing this, the harder it's going to be to keep stopping bots. "If we don't break that vicious cycle now, it would just keep getting worse and worse. It could reach a point where macro software becomes undetectable."

~ W ~

sigzi.png

To futher add to Will's points, how do you think the customers are going to feel when they loggin their account to see that it's been banned for having autoed on before?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I said America because well..... oviously most of runescapes players are American? Did you not notice this when you see the 75 American servers over the UK's 17?

..The number of servers is related to the size of the country, not the amount of players playing the game. In fact, due to the fact that Jagex is a British company, I would say that there are more British players than American.

The game is very much alive, and many undesirable parts of the game were removed. Staking was unfair because it involved deception for personal gain, pures simply took advantage of the combat system and ended up being the only way to be successful. Bots were, well, bots. They were killing the economy, and became harder and harder to detect. It wasn't long before an invisible bot came along.

UNDESIRABLE? Undesirable to who, you? Who have probably never pked(by staking or otherwise) in your entire time playing? Taking away the wilderness does NOT get rid of the pures. In fact, removing the wide, open spaces of the wild has actually helped the massive all-pure clans. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Ok first of all, if you have no better input then to incorrectly call me a "racist", I would advise you to stay out of this thread. Notice I said "IDEAL FUNCTIONING COUNTRY" this would include your United Kingdom you dolt. I said America because well..... oviously most of runescapes players are American? Did you not notice this when you see the 75 American servers over the UK's 17? What did you wan't me to do? Make a list of all the countries that have people with money playing runescape? Would this make me not racist? Seriously that entire wall of text I just wrote and the best thing you can come up with is calling me racist because I didn't list every country with wealth that plays runescape. You must of been one of the ones shipped to runescape through miniclip huh?

How 'bout instead of directly targeting Americans, you copy-and-paste that 'ideal functioning countries' in its place and not single a country out. I might as well blame Africa for AIDS, even though it's common worldwide, because it's more problematic and widespread there. To blame someone that has become the stereotype of a problem, even though the extent is beyond their boundary with a large amount of other cultures involved, is not only hypocritical but, in my mind, racist.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Not only that, if Jagex seriously tried to monitor the hundreds of thousands of different ip's that logged in each day, they would be in a deeper hole then they were with trying to ban the bots. Tracing ip's as a way of stopping rwt will never work. Plain and simple.

Regional and ISP IP would stop 95% of it for a while at least. I have seen games before that know who your ISP is and ip's from an area can also be identifyed. Proxys would show up as massive multiple logging in. The only people who could get around it are people in teh same region and on the same ISP as the gold farmer. Not that hard really.

This thread is not promoting RWT. I am totally against it, and think that it is both unfair to the rule abiding players and to Jagex. However, the recent updates have disgraced the game so badly, I see no purpose in continuing to play. Now I would be ok with the updates if they weren't in vain, but the fact remains that rwt will continue to happen, and these recent updates will do nothing but change the way they work.

That's will only happen if players, like yourself insist on not giving feedback about your issues. By choosing to forgo that option which Jagex offers to all players it creates a closed loop where no progress or improvements can be because no improvement is sought.

Going back to allow RWT to destroy our game is not an option either.

What perplexes about your post is how it relies heavily on the Fear, Uncertainly and Doubt being spread by RWT sites. Why would they not lie to players (potential customers) about their failing operations.

I find this is odd because in your initial disclaimer your post seems to renounce such activity as illegitimate and something not supported by rule-abiding players.

I did some research on rwt (mind you with no intention of purchasing anything). I will list the common misconceptions about rwt:

#1 They are associated with credit card theft, account theft, and item theft.

There are two types of sites that sell game currency/accounts/power-leveling. Professionaly run sites, and fake sites thats sole purpose is to rob people.

There's no way any RWT operation who must rely on illegally tapping into another companies business is a legitimate business in their own right. Such claims by these operators will always ring hollow since they own none of the copyrights, IP or licenses from Jagex to act as resellers. They can only ever promote a face of professional confidence; but it's always a false face. If they were real companies selling a real product, they'd go out and make an MMO of their own rather than trying to ruin games developed by other people.

There's no way you can rely on these claims by such RWT operators since they're all sites that promote trading in the product they do not own and are clearly not licensed to sell. In my opinion they're all 'fake' sites, since Jagex does not sell items or gold; there are no legitimate RuneScape cheats; so anyone doing so in my view is engaging in nothing less than fraud on the part of offering to sell such services or 'virtual goods'.

What they're promoting will get players banned, so there's no way they can claim they are legitimate means of buying RuneScape, gold, items or account levelling. These things are all clear violations of terms of service of each and every account.

As for Western Union, or any other trusted payment service accepting payments on their behalf, I'm doubtful of such claims since any site can simply put up an icon claiming they accept such payments even if they're not legitimate. Even if such sites manage to get payments for a short period via Western Union or other payment methods, these payment services would likely terminate such agreements as soon as such sites are reported for fraudulently selling another companies products or services. I'm sure given the shell-like nature of these operators, they continually change their address and modus operandi to avoid be completely shut-down.

As soon as these sites are uncovered for the scams they are, payment services withdrawn and ISPs disable their web accounts, these RWTer only continue to exist since they rebuild these shell sites under another domain name, using new phone numbers and addresses, and new bank details.

#2 With these updates Jagex has officially stopped them.

Not even in the least bit. While researching I went to a few live supports and had a few chats with the representatives. I only went to pages that were professional, and offered services on multiple other games to increase my chances that they were legit. Here is how the conversation usually went:

I wouldn't believe a word I read on an RWT site, nor would I wish to visit one given the likelyhood many of them are known to infect client computers with key-loggers and trojans - I hope you scanned your computer if you did.

Here is what I found most frightening, take a look at this offer from on of the rwt sites sponsored on Googles page:

"We set up a compensation policy in case that any account would be banned: we will remake a same leveled account and add 2 more million gold than you ordered to that account as a compensation. Although it seldom happends."

Again these can be nothing but hollow promises. They're simply no way they can claim to be able to guarantee any of these things. The fact they have to claim to offer compensation for being 'banned' goes to show they're gall, since they know what they're doing illegally yet they'll still claim to offer guarantees regardless.

#3 The rwt's hire foreign people and make them work for near slave wages

Seeing these counter productive statements appealing for false-sympathy for what is essentially are fraudulent operations, never fails to amaze me. If we in the developed world wish to honestly assist developing countries to build a real economy, instead of forcing them to rely on 'black market' products, then we should allow imports of legitimate products, and promote ethical choices.

The only way we can do that is by promoting fair and honest free-trade between all countries, and by the rule of law and legitimate business.

There's nothing to be gained by encouraging people in developing countries to rely on 'black market' products to eat. That only slows down their development of a real sustainable economy, rather than one based on illegal trading in other companies products. By supporting these RWT operators we're simply ensuring these workers continue to be at the mercy of shysters and fly-by-night operators who do not conduct wish to conduct legitimate businesses.

#4 RWT would have inevitably caused the downfall of Runescape.

Give me a break. This is my most hated claim of all. You have got to be kidding right? Any MMO that has the potential for real world gain is going to have real world traders. This has been a known fact since Ultima and Diablo. Did rwt ever cause the downfall of those games? Nope. None. In fact, the game with the most rwting is WoW. With over 2.5 million subscribers all paying 15 a pop, now shouldn't it make sense that since WoW has so many rwt's that it should not be so successful and be well on its way to demise as well? You know what causes a games demise?

-The release of newer and better games

-Lack of updates

-Total obliteration to the former state of the game which was well-liked

Jagex has chosen number 3 this time, and did so without any regards to the players who have made this game what it is today. I know Jagex did it's part, but without us Andrew would still be working on Devious Mud in his parents basement. What i'm trying to say is that Jagex should of at least asked us what we thought about their future plans long before they spent so much time working on them.

In conclusion my time with this game is done, I thank Jagex for the 4 years of enjoyment they have given me, and despise them for those 4 years that I now feel i've wasted. Goodbye cruel world, and good riddance.

By encouraging players to not give their feedback on their problems with features and stating the only way Jagex can to allow the game to function is to allow RWT as is implied by everything posted here after your initial disclaimer, that you don't in fact support RWT.

Why instead repost unreliable material you've taken from RWT sites, when it's obvious if you go to any MMOs forum that neither players nor game developers welcome RWT; in fact they despise it as much as our player community does. It's the in Terms & Conditions/Terms of Service of all MMOs that prohibit RWT.

* Unsanctioned RWT is prohibited because that it damages the reputation and playability of MMORPGs; it's in the interest of game developers to prevent it.

* Sites that are not licensed resellers by MMO Developers are illegal sites.

* All honest players abhor illegal RWT it since it promotes cheating and has historically ruined the mechanics of many a game.

* All honest fansites that do not promote it such illegal activities.

What you've posted here simply leaves in my view a lot of unanswered questions:

Why on Gielinor are you pasting the exact same material I've seen posted previously (before this was posted on Tip.It) on other forum by different RuneScape username? Was that other username I saw this material posted under your username perchance? If that was your username and you did write this why the alias if that's the case?

And if you are quitting, as you say you are anyway, why would you care to use an alias? And if you are quitting why do you care to post and respond here since the fate of RuneScape is no longer within your the sphere of interest as online game?

Otherwise, if this is not your material then why not simply do your own research to support your claims, or else give credit to the original author so we can see your sources? I know you are restricted in that you cannot by the rules post sites here but surely the original author would want credit for their views. By posting this under an alias, in my view, it only makes these claims harder to credit given the severity of criticism being made against Jagex.

My apologies if you feel accused here, but when you accuse others by pointing such major bones, and picking apart the legitimate business of the company whose game upon which this is a fansite (Tip.It) is based, you must be prepared for similarly close scrutiny.

The facts are in my view, that Jagex would not be making such serious legal claims against these RWT operators if there were not sound legal foundation to Jagex's statements about the level of fraud committed by these sites. If you were to do your own research and write your own material (unless that was you who posted this on that other forum) that would at least offer some integrity to these severe criticisms being levelled in this thread at Jagex.

In my view it's clear it's rule-abiding player base who want nothing to do with RWT, nor would they want RWT back in the game.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg