Need some math help...

Captainkidd

Basically, what number added to half of itself is 3500? I would just narrow it down by hand unless there's some magic algorithm to do if for you.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Basically, what number added to half of itself is 3500? I would just narrow it down by hand unless there's some magic algorithm to do if for you.
If the shape is 3500 units, then the length and height have to be multiplied not added (right? :uhh: )

(48)(48*1.5)= 3456

So, it'll take a decimal or something I guess.

Although theres' probably an easier way :|

If the shape is 3500 units, then the length and height have to be multiplied not added (right? :uhh: )

(48)(48*1.5)= 3456

So, it'll take a decimal or something I guess.

Although theres' probably an easier way :|

Yeah, like if 3500 was 3600. :P

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

sorry misture, my mommie told me to never do someone's homework agian for free *pushes glasses*

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

x(1.5x) = 3500

x^2 = 3500/1.5

x = 48.30458915

1.5x = 72.45688373

Thank you!

Geez, enough people spamming with useless posts... :roll:

Btw, I'm making a pixel sig, I didn't want to put it because then some wanna-be mod would report and then some wanna-be mod who become one would move/lock this...So I wouldn't get an answer right away.

-.-

Geez, enough people spamming with useless posts... :roll:

Btw, I'm making a pixel sig, I didn't want to put it because then some wanna-be mod would report and then some wanna-be mod who become one would move/lock this...So I wouldn't get an answer right away.

-.-

Oh, the irony.

Go back to Algebra class and learn this crap instead of cheating off people 'cause you're too lazy and stupid to figure it out yourself.

Don't know if that's what anyone else was thinking, but let's be blunt; this is pathetic.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Oh, the irony. Go back to Algebra class and learn this crap instead of cheating off people 'cause you're too lazy and stupid to figure it out yourself.

Don't know if that's what anyone else was thinking, but let's be blunt; this is pathetic.

Rofl, stupied little 11 year olds who think spamming for post count is going to get them some where in life...Ahh thats funny. :lol:

Oh, the irony. Go back to Algebra class and learn this crap instead of cheating off people 'cause you're too lazy and stupid to figure it out yourself.

Rofl, stupied little 11 year olds who think spamming for post count is going to get them some where in life...Ahh thats funny. :lol:

He's not the one asking for basic math help on a forums, however. And reb is probably older than you as well kid.

I don't see any 11 year olds spamming? Except for maybe you.

If you're older than 11, as your posts imply, then you should know how to do this.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Mint Chocolate rules all, hands down.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Digressing back to the original topic for a second (gasp!) didn't the OP say the requirement was: "3500 square units, it needs to be 1 to 1 1/2 times as long, then it is tall."? If so, he could simply use a 50 by 70 rectangle. (If it does have to be 1 by 1.5 proportions, then it is ~48.3 by ~72.457 units).

Back off topic :P . I agree 100% with N0M_AN0R, but I would like to add that chocolate mixed with caramel can be pretty good too. (Only one exception to this I can remember, which was a tin of caramel stuff we were sent by some friends visiting India that got delayed five months in transit :P ).