"Who wants to be my GF/BF" - Any of you?

REDACTED

Runescape Internet Dating is pointless

I've been in a happy relationship for several years with someone I met online, and I love him more than I thought possible, so not true.

Did you use eharmony or some other dating site? if i may ask.

We just met on some forums. I wasn't looking for a relationship, nor was he. We just got talking one day and yeah. x:

Edit: Fu, emote.

Well then i take back my statement

Thank you. I do agree that some are pointless, though. D: Random people who go up to someone and ask to be their boyfriend/girlfriend, for example. Just depends really.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several types of Internet relationship on RS. Here are the ones that I am most familiar with.

First is the aforementioned random player asking to "be my Bf/Gf?" Half the time, if you go along with it, they will ask who you are the next day. If they do remember who you are, all you have to do is say, "it will not go further then talking" and you can watch as they log out, never to be heard of again OR they try to convince you otherwise.

--It ends up being worthless and slightly unhealthy in my eyes

Second is when you talk to someone via skilling or whatever and get to know them and you each add each other. Then you start talking, bringing real life subject into the equation. After a while you both get to know each other and trust is established. It could end up in numbers exchanged or even a real life meeting planned.

--It could go either way. Some people have fallen in love and married based on an Internet relationship. It could last, or it might fail. Online relationships seem to be just as strong as RL ones. As someone mentioned earlier, it takes time.

And then it could be a trap set up by a Pedo. There are a lot of ways to disable a trap, but extreme caution must be taken, obviously.

Third is an RP relationship. It is like the second, but with both people "RP-ing" the entire time. This form may or may not lead to a serious relationship. Both people are usually just in it for the fun that RPing provides. It has the ability to lead into the second form when both people are out of character.

--It is more of a wild card then anything. It may or may not lead into the second form. It comes with the added risk of the RP getting out of control. Everyone involved should be prepared to handle a situation if one comes to pass.

The only one that doesn't have the ability to be healthy is the first. The second and third do.

As mentioned by someone else in the thread, it is human nature to seek companionship. The way it is done makes all the difference and safety and caution should be taken at all times. The nature of the relationship should be established very early on, but then most of you that have been in relationships, online or offline, already know this.

Before anyone talks about "what and what isn't healthy," I need to simply say this: times are changing and methods are changing. Most traditionalists/conformists will say that anything online is unhealthy. Sometimes it is, but other times, as has been proven by some of the major online dating sites and countless stories, it is perfectly healthy and could lead to someone finding someone else perfect for them, and vice-versa.

Also, anyone reading this should keep in mind that everyone's situations are different. Sometimes it's just a lack of compatible people. Sometimes the values of the available people don't fit yours. Everyone's situations are different. You should also keep in mind that, for some people, an online relationship is a way to build the confidence needed for an offline one.

The above is my opinion based on my findings and what I know from my own experience. Online relationships seem to still be Taboo, but far less so then it used to be.

There is a lot in this post to disagree with, so if you have to post a response, please eliminate the parts of the post that you are not referring to in your quote. Please and thank you.

For the curious, I fit into the third. We both established that it will not lead into something deeper. I am also aware that he is a guy. That is no issue for me, offline or online. =p

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Actually, most of the people that ask for a gf/bf are just screwing around with people. They don't actually mean it seriously.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there ARE girls on Runescape so stop being sexist ffs. My telltale is that they type in complete sentences (in some kind of "girly" way... I'm not trying to be sexist here! :o ) and that they like to use emoticons a lot. And perhaps their name...?

Sure, some guys do that too (such as myself, for example), but it's mostly the girls that like to add emotes at the end of their sentences. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's no different than real life to be perfectly honest. A good looking girl at bar/club/party/whatever WILL have guys hitting on her constantly, granted they're not 12 year old boys who just hit puberty, so it's not "Be my gf pl0x?", but it happens all the same. and despite being 18-21+ they still act like a bunch of 12 year old boys who just hit puberty.

There are infinite ways people end up together. How many people met someone they liked because a friend set them up on a blind date with someone they never met before? People just confuse a true relationship over "the immature "Be my gf?" stuff.

A real relationship develops over time, and it can do so regardless of how, or where, you came to know each other originally. I met my wife playing Guildwars. We found over the course of the year that there was a connection, decided to meet, and the rest is history.

Edited by Riqualyn

I think it is fine. After all they tell you to go by personality not looks. Technically on Runescape thats their personality not their looks.

Most people on the Internet do not act the way they online as they would in real life. So if you're dating someone online, that probably isn't even the way they truly are if you were to meet them physically.

op got trolled. anyone else concur?

This topic has been done to death.

I think it is fine. After all they tell you to go by personality not looks. Technically on Runescape thats their personality not their looks.

Most people on the Internet do not act the way they online as they would in real life. So if you're dating someone online, that probably isn't even the way they truly are if you were to meet them physically.

You speak with wisdom of 10,000 Mods. I'm pretty sure people won't recognize me irl personality wise.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

op got trolled. anyone else concur?

This topic has been done to death.

You speak with wisdom of 10,000 Mods. I'm pretty sure people won't recognize me irl personality wise.

Wanna date?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Actually, most of the people that ask for a gf/bf are just screwing around with people. They don't actually mean it seriously.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there ARE girls on Runescape so stop being sexist ffs. My telltale is that they type in complete sentences (in some kind of "girly" way... I'm not trying to be sexist here! :o ) and that they like to use emoticons a lot. And perhaps their name...?

Sure, some guys do that too (such as myself, for example), but it's mostly the girls that like to add emotes at the end of their sentences. :P

Or gay men.

Who cares if you're sexist? If you're sexist, be sexist. However, simply stating that most girls type in complete sentences, is no more sexist than saying most girls have babies, or stay at home. If anything, it's only sexist if you say they HAVE to type in complete sentences.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Can you please not tell everyone...? I mean when you made that youtube vid and posted it on 4chan, I would have thought would have been enough.

However, we met in this online troll dating chat called FishScape and he sang me this essay he wrote.

Went like dis:

Roses are red,

My cheeks are too.

I want you in my bed

I'd go gay for you."

And then i cried.

On a more serious note,

I mean topics like this always fluster me, who cares? I'm not trying to sound like a rude person, but most of them are kidding around, or having pure fun. If you get manipulated into doing something for a person you don't really know, you have bigger problem at hand than being an e-gigolo.

Anyone remember the Leester and Queenvalerie wedding?

First of all I'm sick of hearing no girls play because i know plenty of girl gamers like myself. Second its true i am closer to some of my Runescape friends then i am to some of my irl friends. No i don't wanna ask any of them out nor do i want to ask my irl friends out. Its very easy to become strongly connected to someone after years of talking and doing stuff together over the internet. The reason people are frequently asked out over the internet is because they often feel that there online friends relate to them more then girls they have met in real life. Not to mention why ask out a girl you barely know in real life when a girl you've known for years is 1 click away. Yes some people pretend to get close for scamming purposes and others ask out because they don't know what love is and hear so much about how its so great from either television friends or some other form of communication. I've also known many people who only get girlfriends for barging rights and other dumb motives. Its unavoidable when playing a game with many younger players. I'm not saying older people don't play me being 19 and all but there is a larger quantity of younger players. Growing up can be a confusing time especially when puberty hits and people are telling them all these new things. Not to mention television shows and tells about how sexual relations is the majority reason why people get together witch gives the wrong impressions to children of the younger age. In this day and age where its becoming more frequent for younger aged people to be hooking up and relationships are becoming more of a fad then being about actual love. All we can hope is that they make as few mistakes as possible and learn from them and become better mature people. Its almost 100% proven that anyone you meet and hook up with under the age of 20 you will most likely not get married or have a serious relationship with. don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say that at age 20+ you magically become more wise and mature but I'm just saying most relationships will fail under that age. This is all just my opinion on this matter and it dose not mean I'm right but it also dose not mean I'm wrong.

Pixel daters are the stupidest people i have ever met, END

They are either A. too lazy to get off their computer or B. Ugly/annoying

Any1 trying to find a guy/girl on the internet is a loser imo

LRN2REALLIFE

Dont hide behind a computer screen nerds

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

This is like saying people are [developmentally delayed]ed for fishing in Runescape because it doesn't compare to real life fishing...

I don't think its unnatural to want your lonely avatar to have a companion. Its a role playing game...why is it pathetic to make yourself a little depth with your character?

Thats how I see it at least...But maybe I dont understand. Do you guys think that people are dating their CHARACTERS or are they asking the PERSON out? Like if someone asked you out IRL you're supposed to say "no ty i have a Runescape bf"? If thats the case, then that is really creepy...

But I see no problem creating a fictional love for your character.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON