Rares good investment? i think yes

kratmus

Rares are good investments, just not now. I know they are falling badly, and thats because stupid merchanters buys them at lowest price, and need to sell even lower. People should simply stop selling their rares, espicially merchanters should, because they loose huge amounts of cash. Im gonna wait until they seems that nobodys selling in forums, and then stock up on rares, and boom they are suddently double worth than before. Santas was 30m now its 14m, half wines was 64(even 70m) and is now 32m. Im getting huge amounts of cash on stupid new-merchanters trying out other things as coal,iron etc but they loose. I did too once, but i learned of my faults. But the sence is: Don't panic, just wait, Don't sell your rares, they will be more worth at summer.

Edit: If they dont go higher in value at summer dont blame me, they will maybe later, because once they were even lesser than they are now.

this is all just my opinion

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

Yeah guys, lets buy them all now!

*price increases*

You: Hehe, suckers... *sells them all quickly*

\'

Not saying that you are price manipulating, but nobody knows quite what rares will do. Rares might even lose the interrest of merchanters all together when they lose even more value.

The truth is, we don't know wether it will rise back up, or fall down like a brick.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If i had the money to buy a rare right now, I would, One I would like to own one so I wouldn't be mad if they didn't rise again, and two, I think they will rise again, people will take advantage of the low prices and make them rise. So I would buy one now, but each to their own.

It would not bother me at all for them to fall. I have never had an interest in owning one. If you want one, they may fall low enough to justify the purchase.

However, I view rares as something similar to art pieces. They are worth alot because someone puts a value on them, but really they don't benefit you. I would rather have a pizza than a fancy vase. Unless of course I got the vase for free. Then I could sell it and have more pizza.

felter_laur.png

There is always reasons for rares to "not" be a good investment.

Example:

Reduction of new players + reduction of player base in total = devaluation of rares.

Elaborating:

10 party hats on market with 2.000.000 players = high price.

5 party hats on market with 150.000 players = probably lower price.

Although there are less party hats in market two there is a much smaller player base resulting in "probably" devaluation of the rare.

Of course there are tons of other factors but this was just an example.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

I agree to this to an extent. Is there going to continue to be a demand for the rares? Also, how many of those banned accounts had rares? Will new players desire the rares?

Thus we have more players with more demand but a lower supply.

This would only bring the price back up.

It is my guess that alot of the new players are not going to be as concerned with items that do not provide a benefit.

The grand exchange and the loss of easier merchanting mechanics along with the reduction of staking will also create a smaller demand.

But the big question, will the loss of supply (due to bans) be close to the smaller demand.

If the demand and supply both decrease, then what?

Well, I would think that if they could some how reduce equally then we would continue with the same price.

I really think I am just talking in circle though.

Do you know why?

Because it is difficult to predict the future of rares.

felter_laur.png

I bought a santa two days ago for exactly 14m, not they're like 12,3m, propably I shoulve wait a bit longer. Doesn't matter really, I couldve just gotten more profit when they rise.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

Heh, I'm just waiting till they hit rock bottom before buying one :).

A lot of people are doing the same so when they do hit "rock bottom" the price will go up millions within hours, best to buy this week imo.

Maybe not within hours but yes within days, so once again the rares will go up again. Just wait

Your logic is slightly flawed, with the new Grand Exchange trade limit the price can not vary quite as easily. With a new skill on the horizon many people are selling their rares so they will have cash to use, in the week the skill comes out, if it is buyable, expect to see the amount of rares being sold become double that of right now if not more. With this many rares on the market, JaGeX staff will be forced to lower the price on the GE (they can manually do this based on market trends) and the price will crash. The price for raw materials will raise as more people will be spending time on summoning, and less on collecting these raw materials.

IMO, rares may go back up some, but I bet we've pretty much scene the limit to their prices already. Due to there not really being a free trade merchanters can not so easily control prices of something such as rares. And many will lose interest due to there not even being much of a market for them.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

IMO, rares may go back up some, but I bet we've pretty much scene the limit to their prices already. Due to there not really being a free trade merchanters can not so easily control prices of something such as rares. And many will lose interest due to there not even being much of a market for them.

I think you are right. The days of super rares are over.

felter_laur.png

Yeah guys, lets buy them all now!

*price increases*

You: Hehe, suckers... *sells them all quickly*

\'

Not saying that you are price manipulating, but nobody knows quite what rares will do. Rares might even lose the interrest of merchanters all together when they lose even more value.

The truth is, we don't know wether it will rise back up, or fall down like a brick.

If i wanted a rare i bought one. i have the money

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

nice try but i'm not buying peoples rares :shame:

Im not trying to make people buy, im actualy just trying to let people relax and dont be angry if their rares fall again, and they should actually just stop selling, and then they rise again. its higher demand higher price.. just see after new players can begin to sell their items in the grand exchange they can earn more money than before and that means, less money to high lvls..

another reason to that rares are lowering is:

People wants to merchant, buys at lowest price, and wupti they fall in price, they are mad that they falled, and now tries to sell for even lesser cash. Why do ppl do this? Because the rares normally only raised in value, but now they dont. say whatever you want

already a thread about this..

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=725850

thats not the same lol.. thats about prices crashing.. mine is about relax people they will maybe go up in price again