For those of you planning on training Summoning right away

Surfbum0214

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are acting like this is going to be as easy to train as construction but the same price as cooking...

This is a COMBAT skill. What combat skills can you get to 99 that fast in (aside from prayer)?

Combat stats are my thing :D

If the attack skill just came out today, I would be willing to train to 99 using piety all the way.

In the 3rd development diary:

While the skill is neither cheap or expensive to train, high-level familiars will obviously cost more to summon than low-level ones, so players will have to weigh the benefits of each familiar against the cost of summoning them. Also, the skill will not initially be a fast skill to train. Paul says, "You need some skills to be easy to train and some that are hard." Summoning leans more towards the hard end of the scale, but it's well worth the effort. Everyone will be able to get something out of it ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ whether that's the skillcape at level 99, cockatrices at level 43 or just pet dogs at level 1.

So they said that it won't be particularly cheap or expensive, although they hint that if you are willing to train using the most expensive familiars possible you will be able to train faster. And like I said before, I'm willing to spend whatever on anything that will speed up training.

And, from what I've heard I have no doubt that this will be one of the most useful/beneficial skills ever to raise.

I'm not really trying to be the first one to get 99 -- I simply can't do it.

But I don't plan on giving up. Especially since it will be taking away my title of being the highest combat level (And I actually miss training combat! *looks at 27m defence experience*)

/ramble

I have earmarked 17m cash for the skill when it's released.

I've also saved a lot of materials including 100k pure essence and 120 bird eggs (a mix of blue, green and red).

I might see about catching a few vulture eggs and maybe chicken eggs or something. I tried to get some raven eggs, but after 10 hours woodcutting, no joy.

Harrington.gif

I don't know why people would start traing right away as I havn't seen ANYONE near how ready there going to have to be to get 99 first...I'm guessing one collage guy's going to beat everyone by a mile, whos spend a party hat set on supplys...

People are acting like this is going to be as easy to train as construction but the same price as cooking...

This is a COMBAT skill. What combat skills can you get to 99 that fast in (aside from prayer)?

Try training range with chinchompas. 200k+ per hour experience. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d say thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a combat stat that is buyable.

Don't forget magic too, especially with ice barrage.

I'm curious to see how many of the people who say they're going to get 99, actually even get 90+.

icecube7.jpeg

I have about -40m saved.

Meaning, I'm going to power-grind summoning materials, hopefully about 40m. Because by 2009 it'll be like "race to 138combat what?"

And it'll be old news.

I'm in no rush what-so-ever. I rushed construction up for my 15minutes of fame on the highscores before stopping at 72 as the skill is worthless after that.

tipitsig.png

I saved 0gp since I don't believe 90% of it will be tradeable.

However I do plan on buying a puppy *swoon*

well what if 85% of it is tradable?

i have 1M saved for summoning

90% is majority, 85% is still majority :P 5% difference doesn't matter

Personally i dont have any money saved yet, want to reach the quest requirement goals first. Unless summoning will help me reaching those goals, i won't spend much on it (about 500k max)

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.