Perscription drugs are the devil, here's why...

Dark_Tigra

Argh...

I just got back from the Oral Surgeon - twice. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed, no big deal, standard, inhale N2O, giggle a little, feel tingly, get a nice Anasthetic IV, go to sleep and wake up an hour later and have it only feel like it's been 2 seconds, which was weird as heck. :P

Anyways, they perscribe me some Vicodin for pain, and Ibuprofen. I get home, I eat some food (apparently not enough...this plays in later..) I take one Vicodin, and 3 Ibuprofen, as directed by the Oral Surgeon.

Now, somewhere about 30 minutes after doing this, I started to feel tingly in my stomach. I'm no stranger to this, it means you didn't eat enough food with your medication....

But this...This was different.

It spread up my body, reaching my head in a matter of seconds. It felt like a severe head rush. I thought "Ohhh man, I need to sit down..."

No faster than I could have that thought, the next memory I have is waking up on the floor spitting out blood with my uncle and my father asking me if I was alright. I had no idea what happened, all I knew was I was in a lot of pain.

It took me a few seconds to process, but once I did, I realized the following things were wrong with me -

1. I had broken half of my front tooth out - For the 5th time in 5 years. Another $1,000 to fix...Argh.

2. I had a busted lip. Badly busted lip.

3. My shoulder was in a great deal of pain.

I dislocated my shoulder sometime on the fall downward to the floor, and then proceeded to face plant and bust my lip and my tooth out.

Had to get 3 stitches in my lip, my tooth will get fixed in a few weeks, I'm sure...And my shoulder was re-located into it's socket by my Oral Surgeon, because he's also a doctor - Go figure, lol.

So, I declare that perscriptions drugs are the devil.

you should start taking medicine on something soft like a pillow or a bed or mattress 8)

lmao, yea thanks. :P I honestly didn't see it coming, I've never blacked out before. I'm probably not going to take Vicodin anymore, just Ibuprofen, hopefully that'll be enough..

well you have two choices:

1.) next time don't use perscription drugs and wish you were dead

OR

2.) make sure you eat more. These drugs are perscribed for a reason.

when hubby had some teeth removed recently he was told not to eat anything, also was given other meds than ibuprofen.that medication can irritate stomache and give ulsers if taken with no food.

i have no idea what the one tablet does but ibuprofen is intended for you to take with food, and after having teeth extracted- that has to be one of the things you don't want to do.

glad to see your shoulder got better really easily though. i've suffered with a frozen shoulder for almost 3 years, so i can imagine a lil of the pain you had with that one.

good luck anyway :wink:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

They work better if you crush them up and snort them.....oh wait don't do that.

FBI chemists have discovered that traces of cocaine can be found on almost every dollar bill (95%+) in the United States

(Supplement, "Cocaine money," NewScientist (UK), October 4, 1997, p. 2).

^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

FBI chemists have discovered that traces of cocaine can be found on almost every dollar bill (95%+) in the United States

^_^

So your telling me i should lick my money. . . . :? :?:

Lol...

That is crazy...that sucks...try eating more :)

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

You can get very sick from pulling wisdom teeth too. I've got a handfull of friends that got their wisdowm teeth pulled, and they were very sick for over a week, one was very, very sick and had to stay home for 14 days.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Was i the only one who thought of The Waterboy when reading this thread title?

That sucks though, i've got all the fun of wisdom teeth removal to look forward to, although i might be ok because i had 4 'adult' teeth removed a few years back.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Sorry to hear that but seriously your fall to the floor no way makes them evil.

Yes it does. It totally does.

It wasn't meant to be a serious "Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?" post, it was just to tell of my horrible lil' day. :P

I stopped taking Vicodin, it's evil anyways, when you take it you pretty much can't move for the day...I made the mistake of getting up to get some more apple sauce! (lol)..

Oh well, though. The worst part for me is that I broke my tooth AGAIN, I seriously thought it was going to stay this time. :lol: It's been in for 2 years about...That's a record. :P My lip and shoulder don't matter, my wisdom teeth sockets don't hurt, except for the lower left side where they had to remove a tiny peice of bone to get my tooth out, yackt.

First time I broke it on my bike, second on a skateboard, 3rd I was chewing on a toothpick :lol: and now this one...So I guess it's 4 times in 5 years, not 5. :P

Im afraid ill have to disagree, Ibuprofen is currently my God, having Glandular Fever, i've been on it for ages, i swear my bodies gonna start producing it soon. :lol:

At least like me you can laugh at the situation, and i take it you have your dentists 'private number', just incase that tooth goes walkabouts again. :)

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Im afraid ill have to disagree, Ibuprofen is currently my God, having Glandular Fever, i've been on it for ages, i swear my bodies gonna start producing it soon. :lol:

At least like me you can laugh at the situation, and i take it you have your dentists 'private number', just incase that tooth goes walkabouts again. :)

Oh no, Ibuprofen is fine. It's the Vicodin that messed me over. :P

Nope, don't have his number, but I'm calling them today to scedual an appointment ASAP. This couldn't have happened at a worse time, in a couple months I'm supposed to go see a girl I've dated for a looooong time.

the next memory I have is waking up on the floor spitting out blood with my uncle and my father asking me if I was alright.

Lmao :lol: Usually when I see people coughing up blood I can tell that they're certainly not alright!

^_^

Ohh I see, no wonder I'm addicted to licking $5 bills.

When I got my wisdom teeth out they gave me Ibuprofen and some pain killer made with opium. Good times...

Also, my oral surgeon screwed up the novocaine and one side of my mouth unnumbed like 30 mins before the other. It was fun :)

the next memory I have is waking up on the floor spitting out blood with my uncle and my father asking me if I was alright.

Lmao :lol: Usually when I see people coughing up blood I can tell that they're certainly not alright!

Yea it was pretty lame, lol.

I spit out blood (and the half of my tooth) onto my pants and my mom's only thought was "Oh god that's going to stain!" :lol:

Feel the love..