5 June 2008 - Smoking Kills

Someone new has moved to Pollnivneach and, by some twist of fate, they are not called Ali! This strange new neighbour is called Sumona, and she has lost something very valuable in the depths of the Pollnivneach well. Mighty rewards are on offer for anyone willing to return what she has misplaced.

Meanwhile, eery wails and vile stenches seem to be pervading the streets. This may be unlucky for the Pollnivneach tourist trade, but at least there is something in it for adventurous types. In fact, they may be turned to one's advantage when dealing with the mixed bag of unpleasantness beneath Pollnivneach...

With potentially epic, if unspecified, Slayer rewards on offer, this is a venture best-suited to those who risk their lives for curiosity. Let's hope that curiosity is better for them than it is for cats.

Summary

Where to start Smoking Kills:

Talk to Sumona in Pollnivneach

Requirements to complete Smoking Kills:

Level 25 Crafting

Level 35 Slayer

Level 85 Combat

The Restless Ghost

Icthlarin's Little Helper

Access to:

Two new dungeons to explore

An expansion to the Slayer skill

A new Slayer Master and some new Slayer gear

In other news...

We have introduced two new worlds for those who prefer to chat, or be chatted to, with Quick Chat. The worlds are 160 and 161. Conventional chat may not be used on these worlds - they are for Quick Chat users only.

NOTE - We would like to remind players that we have absolutely NO intention of removing free chat from the game, either now or in the future. Quick Chat is designed to be an optional alternative to normal chat.

Quick Chat users can now chat to their friends on FunOrb, and vice versa. Simply select a friend from your Friends List and then choose what you want to say from the 'General' and/or 'Inter-game' menus within Quick Chat.

We have made efforts to stop the strange 'dancing' effect that occurs when fighting monsters on the same square as you. You should find that, instead of moving from side to side, you find a more suitable position to attack the monster from.

Dragon square shields have been updated, thanks to observant players who noted that its two halves wouldn't make a square!

I figured since we didn't have a topic on it..

I really do enjoy the new system, and I'm looking forward to getting my Slayer Helm. I also really like Sumona; she's the perfect balanced master.. :D

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

i actually like duradel now :P hasnt given me a bad task since the update :)

also cant wait till i get the helm and use it on dusties and the monsters in the new dungeon.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Great quest reward, although it seems more like a mini-game to me,

Guess the reason is; they wanted to release at least 2 new quests this month :)

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

I love the update..doing Sumona till I get mask + blockable tasks. Then right back to Duradel (Sumona wont assign Dark Beasts).

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Bye bye birdies for me =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Then I'm removing steels and Black Demons. I dunno what else to remove :o

Well the new helm is a combo of all the Slayer Headgear.. A black mask for the +15% att/str bonus; the nose peg for spectres; the earmuffs for banshees; [bleep]ed helm for wall beasts; and a facemask for dustdevils. It's got stats similar to the dragon med I do believe.

You can now skip a task from any slayer master with 30 pts. This does not count as a Burthoped task and therefore doesn't reset your count.

You can permanently skip a task by getting the one you don't want from a slayer master, and using 100pts to add it to your blacklist. You get 1 permablocked task for 50qp, 2 for 100, 3 for 150, and 4 for 200 quest points.

smokingkillslr3.png

demonslayer2.png

Well the new helm is a combo of all the Slayer Headgear.. A black mask for the +15% att/str bonus; the nose peg for spectres; the earmuffs for banshees; [bleep]ed helm for wall beasts; and a facemask for dustdevils. It's got stats similar to the dragon med I do believe.

You can now skip a task from any slayer master with 30 pts. This does not count as a Burthoped task and therefore doesn't reset your count.

You can permanently skip a task by getting the one you don't want from a slayer master, and using 100pts to add it to your blacklist. You get 1 permablocked task for 50qp, 2 for 100, 3 for 150, and 4 for 200 quest points.

smokingkillslr3.png

WOW! That's a really good reward! So if I have questcape (get it back after last month's new quests) I'll be able to permablock 4 tasks? Or do I have to wait for another 50 qp after I finish this quest?

Also, how do you obtain slayer points? And can they be used for anything besides blocking tasks?

You get slayer points by completing tasks consecutively. Turael tasks reset your counter (yes, that includes Burthoping). On your 5th task and every one after, you get points according to the master that gave you the task. Sumona gives 12 and Duradel gives 15. On your 10th and every multiple of 10th (20, 30,140, 1,510, etc.) task, you get a bonus of 5x the normal points. On your 50th and every increment of 50 (100, 150, 200, etc.) task, you get 15x the normal points.

Points can be used at any slayer master by right clicking and selecting rewards.

You can buy the knowledge to make the mask, a slayer ring, and broad arrows. Slayer Ring teleports you to various slayer locations and can tell you how many monsters you have to kill on your task. You can also just buy a ring if you can't/don't want to make one. You can buy casts for Magic Dart, broad arrows, and slayer exp.

demonslayer2.png

smokingkillslr3.png

WOW! That's a really good reward! So if I have questcape (get it back after last month's new quests) I'll be able to permablock 4 tasks? Or do I have to wait for another 50 qp after I finish this quest?

Also, how do you obtain slayer points? And can they be used for anything besides blocking tasks?

This

debian.png

This was one of the best quest rewards in a long time, in my opinion.

Yeah, it's been a long time since we had a good slayer update, can't wait for the mask :)

16185_s.gif

You can buy the knowledge to make the mask, a slayer ring, and broad arrows. Slayer Ring teleports you to various slayer locations and can tell you how many monsters you have to kill on your task. You can also just buy a ring if you can't/don't want to make one. You can buy casts for Magic Dart, broad arrows, and slayer exp.

Are Slayer rings tradeable? I'm guessing no, as their cost to make would be fairly low after gaining the knowledge. There'd be little incentive spend the time to learn how when you could just buy them cheap. New Slayer helmets would be the same way, I suppose, apart from the black mask cost. (I'm at work and can't access the GEdb to check.)

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

It's a great quest and a great reward from one of the best quest developers (other members include Mod Ash, and Paul).

I actually talked to the developer of the quest at the release of his last quest, and l found that he is now the developer for the desert, and in control of the desert gods..... but not only that he was the original developer of the slayer skill! so it looks like he has found a great way to combine the two!

A few questions that I need to know....... would you ever hurt me so? (wait thats a song)

- how much crafting xp do we get for crafting the slayer ring? aka is it good for training....

-what sort of point bonuses do the tasks give at the 10 and 50 marks?

sig2webzx7.jpg

The ring of slayer teleports you to pollniveach, slayer tower, and slayer dungeon, and takes the place of the enchanted gem. Once you use the 8 charges it reverts back to a slayer gem. And I am not sure about the crafting exp.

The set up for points is the following, using Duradel/shilo

1 - 0

2 - 0

3 - 0

4 - 0

5 - 15

6 - 15

7 - 15

8 - 15

9 - 15

10-60 + 15 (75 total)

and it follows that order until 50 where you get more points but i am not sure of it.

Each slayer master gives there own amount. The new one for instance gives 12 per task.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

doesthis slayer helm construct have a visible craphic like youre wearing all 4 pieces at once or its just completely differant?Im interested but the rewards are incredible

Yes it looks like a football helm with [bleep]es.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

doesthis slayer helm construct have a visible craphic like youre wearing all 4 pieces at once or its just completely differant?Im interested but the rewards are incredible

Yes it looks like a football helm with [bleep]es.

More importantly though.... will it look good with a bandos plate!?

sig2webzx7.jpg

Only heard stories of this, glad I can read it on the forums now.icon_smile.gif

It's a really surprising quest reward, that is extremely useful. Kind of mad that I won't be able to do the quest. Oh well, extremely happy with the current wave of tasks I'm getting from slayer regardless.

The slayer helm is pretty incredible too.