Should Gravestones be Changed?

obfuscator

The addition of gravestones was part of the whole fight against rwt, so that when someone dies you will no longer be able to pick up their items.

Overall I am quite happy with the way they were made, there is just one thing that i think should be changed.

Why do they dissapear when you log out?

I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of deaths in rs are caused by lag, which will very often cause the player to log out, meaning that their gravestone disappears, even if they have a friend to bless it.

Why is this?

Before gravestones, a friend could pick up your items for you and return them to you even if you lag out, why can this not happen now?

I dont see any problem with changing the gravestones, but i am open to ideas.

Discuss.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

yep they probaly should be changed

although i see why its annoying that they disappear when you log out i think its probaly so the game doesnt have to remember for long periods of time were people died,

there should probaly be the time limit in game as there is now and a couples hour in real time to allow a person to log back in and claim their things, when you log out your gravestone should just disappear and reappear when you log back in

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Yes.

oh.. you wanted an explanation.

Well before tombstones you could still get your stuff back if you died and logged back in if you were quick enough, or more likely a friend got it for you. and if you can die when you lag out you should be able to have a gravestone then too.

I think it was implemented this way to stop people from being afk, dieing and still not having anything to worry about.

It would be a big improvement none the less.

2imak3l.png

Its better then it was before at least. Then you had one minute to get all your stuff, if you werent with a friend who would pick it up at least.

I think if they are changed, they should do three things differently:

1-make an option for friends to "take casket" from your grave. It contains your items. If it wasnt returned to you within 30 minutes, it would automatically be put in your bank.

2-keep them there upon logging out

3-make better ones for f2p, and lower the req. to bless them from 70 to 60-65. Also the higher your prayer level, the longer it lasts when you bless it.

BOO

• 2 weeks later...

But think about it. If it was that easy to get back your items, no one would be afraid of dying. People would abuse it and intentionally die, only to come back to their gravestone.

The way the gravestones are right now gives you a reason to stay alive. If your friend could get your items back for you, you wouldn't care if you died.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

I think that the grave should stay there, same max time of an hour, but regardless of wheter you log. that way you dont get more then what you get now, and lag isnt a real big problem. Or make a casket type thing like mentioned before allowing someone to pick up your items in an useable form. the casket can only be opened by the victim and after an hour, the casket "disolves". That gives you 1 hour to go back to your item oand another hour to trade with whoever saved you if you passed the 1 hour.

They should definitely be changed. In the past, if a player log out and log back in, provided that no one touches the items, then the player can still have a chance to recover the items. Now time, log out = lose all items, which is actually in some situations, worse than before. They really should make it stay, unless the person logs out for lets say ... 10 minutes?

I heard an interesting comment on Gravestones; that they are item sinkholes.

The argument is that obviously Jagex knows people can lag out and die, thus losing their gravestones and items. This would in essence take out some items that can be expensive, therefor not bringing in more money into the game, or something like that.

I kinda see the point there, but I'd still like to see gravestones that don't disappear when you log out.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Eh, iirc when your grave has been blessed after you die, and you lag out, when you log back in your items stay there for the time the grave would have, i've lag died before at DKs, logged back in in fally, ran back and all my stuff was intact, 30 minutes after my death. They should be changed someway, thought, incase someone cannot bless before you fully lag out, but if they do get blessed, items remain for the normal grave time, just mo grave :D

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

The argument is that obviously Jagex knows people can lag out and die, thus losing their gravestones and items. This would in essence take out some items that can be expensive, therefor not bringing in more money into the game, or something like that.

I kinda see the point there, but I'd still like to see gravestones that don't disappear when you log out.

Interesting about them being item sinkholes, and you're possibly right...

Air_Dragon15.png

It is stop RWT but the time limit is too short. They should up it to 5 minutes. You should be able to bless at 60 prayer as well and the gravestone should stay thr even if you log out. overall they are a good idea.

SUPER.gif

Your guess maybe true. But is it right for Jagex to make gravestone a sinkhole?? Its not player's fault to lag out but Jagex still impose punishment on them.

For me, its too ridiculious for Jagex to make a lame sinkhole to balance the economy #-o

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

The addition of gravestones was part of the whole fight against rwt, so that when someone dies you will no longer be able to pick up their items.

Overall I am quite happy with the way they were made, there is just one thing that i think should be changed.

Why do they dissapear when you log out?

I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of deaths in rs are caused by lag, which will very often cause the player to log out, meaning that their gravestone disappears, even if they have a friend to bless it.

Why is this?

Before gravestones, a friend could pick up your items for you and return them to you even if you lag out, why can this not happen now?

I dont see any problem with changing the gravestones, but i am open to ideas.

Discuss.

They dissapear, but your stuff still stays there for an hour if it was blessed. If it wasn't blessed.. Better get skilling.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.