Smash Club.

Caxis

id love to play one of you guys sometime, youll probably k0 me pretty bad but id love to see how people that are actually good at the game play.

i use Ike, Olimar, and Zero Suit as my three main people

Rofl, we end up seeing eachother alot, eh?

Pick me! Pick me! I moved on to melee for the most part though. I suck really hard. :cry:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im realllllly bad at brawl compared to melee

pichu FOR THE WIN

lol, ill get my friend code and well play sometime

and btw, i hate snake lol, all my friends think its funny to sit back and shoot rockets...over...and over... :wall:

edit:for me zero suit is like the new pichu, cept a bit less agile and doesnt kill herself

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

pichu FOR THE WIN

and btw, i hate snake lol, all my friends think its funny to sit back and shoot rockets...over...and over... :wall:

edit:for me zero suit is like the new pichu, cept a bit less agile and doesnt kill herself

I was kidding. :lol: I'm *scared to say it* the best here, lol.

And well, I use snake. You won't see me shooting stuff over and over :)

And now, I'm 99.9999999% sure you suck at melee if you say your better at it than brawl. Why? Because melee is EXTREMELY technical, it's extremely hard to play. Go to youtube and type ken vs pc or something, you'll find some crazy sh*T.

inuyashakent-2.png

So you keep saying.

And now, I'm 99.9999999% sure you suck at melee if you say your better at it than brawl. Why? Because melee is EXTREMELY technical, it's extremely hard to play. Go to youtube and type ken vs pc or something, you'll find some crazy sh*T.

None of Nintendo's major competitive games (if you can even call them major) are hard. They're really just not. My brother who never plays console games can usually take one stock off me in a four stock match, despite me playing daily, if I don't gimp him.

Technical, I'll give ya.

It's really way too early for people to start making judgements that Brawl is easier than Melee. Not one of the characters in Brawl (even MK, TL, and Snake, who've all received huge attention at various points in the last eight months) can possibly have been perfected yet. Therefore, we simply don't know how technical and complex each character's meta-game will eventually become.

So you keep saying.

None of Nintendo's major competitive games (if you can even call them major) are hard. They're really just not. My brother who never plays console games can usually take one stock off me in a four stock match, despite me playing daily, if I don't gimp him.

Technical, I'll give ya.

It's really way too early for people to start making judgements that Brawl is easier than Melee. Not one of the characters in Brawl (even MK, TL, and Snake, who've all received huge attention at various points in the last eight months) can possibly have been perfected yet. Therefore, we simply don't know how technical and complex each character's meta-game will eventually become.

Though, it's very hard to chain hits like you could in melee.

pichu FOR THE WIN

And well, I use snake. You won't see me shooting stuff over and over :)

i say im better at melee because i cant seem to get into the rhythm of brawl, its weird i know. i havent gotten used to how far certain moves will make people fly and how to combo stuff together. also, can you wavedash on brawl? havent tried it yet

and i do miss pichu :(

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

my brawl code is 5327-0581-3706

add me ill add some if not all of you

im on between 3pm-1am central time and in the mornings from around 8-9:30

weekends im available most of the day unless im somewhere with friends (obviously)

1-800slayer.png

Brawl's competetive potential is nowhere close to Melee's. The simple fact that you can't combo, you can't edgeguard, floatiness, ... I can go all day. Seriously, each thing they took out took a huge toll on the competetive system.

L-cancel destroyed the potential of even situational combos. No hitstun (seriously, none) made comboing impossible, wavedash took out the fastpaced-mindgaminess (along with dashdancing, jc, cc, ... again, can keep going), the momentum made the game wayyyy too slow. Again, I can go all day but most of these terms you guys probably can't understand.

The POTENTIAL is obvious. How far it may go is yet to be determined - but it will never come to par with melee. It's a fact.

inuyashakent-2.png

Brawl's competetive potential is nowhere close to Melee's. The simple fact that you can't combo, you can't edgeguard, floatiness, ... I can go all day. Seriously, each thing they took out took a huge toll on the competetive system.

Which is obviously why Brawl's competitive community is equal, if not larger, in size to Melee's?

M2K still plays Brawl and Melee at the same time. He's widely regarded the most technical player on the circuit, yet he feels Brawl is still competitive enough for him. I'm not saying one player equals a rule, but at the moment it's too early to make any sort of judgement like that.

Moreover, I regard this debate utterly futile. Those who like Brawl will play Brawl; those who like Melee will continue with the MLG circuit, and the various mixed tournaments (Brawl and Melee) organised through SWF.

L-cancel destroyed the potential of even situational combos. No hitstun (seriously, none) made comboing impossible, wavedash took out the fastpaced-mindgaminess (along with dashdancing, jc, cc, ... again, can keep going), the momentum made the game wayyyy too slow. Again, I can go all day but most of these terms you guys probably can't understand.

I understand most of those perfectly well, and there is hitstun, which if you'd have bothered to follow up on Brawl instead of packing it in as soon as you got bored, you'd actually know. Frame data's now coming out which shows hitstun.

The POTENTIAL is obvious. How far it may go is yet to be determined - but it will never come to par with melee. It's a fact.

Quite possibly the most unobjective fact I have ever heard of.

If something is yet to be determined, how can one conclude a fact from it?

got back to playin for the first time in a few months today, if anyone wants to brawl id love to see how bad i actually am :lol:

1-800slayer.png

The brawl community is bigger because... it's a new game...?

Good for him.

Yes, this debate is useless.

There is hitstun, but so miniscule that as soon as you get hit, you can airdodge that enables you to jump, canceling all momentum. Wow, lots of hitstun. You can't combo, no use of a hitstun. Even gimping is messed up due to lack of histun, if you play melee you'll know what I'm talking about. *shine [bleep]es*

Because, there is a CAP on how much potential there is. Seriously, you can hope, but saying that it's more competetive than melee is just... ridiculous.

inuyashakent-2.png

well...that was interesting...got my butt kicked pretty bad

people are a little different from computers and noob friends :lol:

1-800slayer.png

Lol, what did you expect? Us shooting rocket's all day? :lol:

Although you can practically camp and win in Brawl, it's pretty ridiculous.

inuyashakent-2.png

he used lucas, ive never seen anyone use arial moves like that its weird lol, i used olimar. i killed him once he killed me 3 times then we got dced.

he also pwnted my pikmin like a jerk :?

1-800slayer.png

he used lucas, ive never seen anyone use arial moves like that its weird lol, i used olimar. i killed him once he killed me 3 times then we got dced.

he also pwnted my pikmin like a jerk :?

If your playing Crazy, don't worry. He's one of the best here, maybe 3rd or 2nd. I'll play you sometime, although I havn't played Brawl in a while. (Melee player mainly, some brawl) I'll show you some real Snake action. :lol:

Tomorrow.

inuyashakent-2.png