Smash Club.

Caxis

Cheap is fast and usually powerful /hard to avoid.

LIKE META KNIGHT

/lol.

Then what's strong? A weaker version of cheap? Or something else?

WTF IS YOUR GOD DAMN PROBLEM?

SHUT THE [bleep] UP.

I lost againts a Sheik T-T

Second round is tomorrow, if anyone here knows how to use Sheik tell me some of her flaws!

Ok, Sheik has a fail recovery in some ways. An early [bleep]e that doesnt quite kill and an edgehog will win her.

Also, she's pretty damn light, and has trouble hitting a faster opponent.

Powershield knives, and learn to shieldgrab ALOT.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second round is tomorrow, if anyone here knows how to use Sheik tell me some of her flaws!

I don't know much about Shiek... but I know her recovery is poor, so gimp her ALWAYS. She can't kill, but her tilt locks and needles rack up damage really fast. She falls fast, so abuse that when you can. Like I said, I don't know much about

Shiek. Good luck. :thumbup:

WTF IS YOUR GOD DAMN PROBLEM?

SHUT THE [bleep] UP.

It's a valid question... you call everything cheap. So I'm asking what the hell is cheap?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

"Cheap is fast and usually powerful /hard to avoid.

LIKE META KNIGHT"

Thats your answer.

If you need any examples:

Meta Knight

King Dedede

Snake

Lets see..

Meta knight - extremely fast and high priority. Nothing but cheapness there.

King dedede - chaingrabs on half (or more) of the whole game, infinities on some, powerful, quite quick too.

Snake - just too overpowered and very very very broken hitboxes.

LIKE META KNIGHT"

Thats your answer.

Meta Knight

King Dedede

Snake

Lets see..

King dedede - chaingrabs on half (or more) of the whole game, infinities on some, powerful, quite quick too.

Bias.

Jigglypuff can Wall of Pain, so she's broken. Ike has too much range and power, so he's broken. Link has a good zair, so he's broken. It's called pro's and con's.

You still didn't answer my question. What's the DIFFERENCE between broken and strong?

inuyashakent-2.png

Jiggly isnt broken because her wall of pain isnt going to happen all the time, and wont happen unless you're vsing a very pro one.

Ike isnt broken because he is very slow, and all he has is strength.

Link has a good z air. So thats the only thing really broken about him other than his epic techs.

Strong is Ike. Has a huge pro but a huge con.

Broken is MK. Has a huge set of pros, but barely any cons.

Meta only has 2 cons.

Weight and air speed.

Ike has like over 9000.

If you seriously are asking me these stupid questions you should already know, it appears you are just trying to be an [wagon], or you really are stupid.

For some strange reason, Zelda's recovery attack has a much longer range than Sheik's, go figure. Zelda's really the one you wanna watch out for, since she is stronger than sheik, but less mobile. There's this thing, another one I don't know the name of, with Zelda which is almost a guaranteed KO if you stay on the ledge past your invincibility. I know it involves using Naryu's Love to hit you below the stage and then lightning kick you so you can't recover. Name escapes me.

Sheik is a little more manageable. It depends how good your opponent is. Watch out for the chain if you have a good opponent, esp. a Chain Jacket. Correctly placed, certain characters have no chance once Sheik's usmash or bair is Chain Jacketed, for example Ganondorf is just about dead right then and there, and anyone without a projectile is going to have a hard time.

Watch out for needlestorm since your opponent will probably unleash it when you least expect it. Also, if you are lying on the ground (you know, after you get hit and you're just lying there), Sheik and unleash needlestorm and add in an extra needle and get an guaranteed 20% or so damage in, so try to keep yourself off the ground as much as possible.

Also, careful you don't get caught in a ftilt lock.

And DACUS when you're at a high percentage.

My sheik > your sheik zaaps, my matey. Dont let this down, i just have a better sheik :XD:

When did I say I was better? You're probably right though and I've been spending all my time using Sheik failing to get the jacket.

JACKET IS A GLITCH!!!

Naw I just wanted to see your reaction to it. I bet I could do it if i gave it a go.

It's a shorthop chain, like an arrow cancel with link - use it JUST as you hit the ground right?

JACKET IS A GLITCH!!!

Naw I just wanted to see your reaction to it. I bet I could do it if i gave it a go.

It's a shorthop chain, like an arrow cancel with link - use it JUST as you hit the ground right?

I bet if you really wanted to, you could say half the techniques in the same are "glitches", like boost smashing.

Ok the only rule with it is that it can't be one of the first 2 attacks you do in the game. Other than that, you perform the move you want to jacket, then you jump and right after you reach the highest point of the jump, before Sheik begins to curl into a ball, you do side-b. If the chain hits an opponent, they won't get hurt. The chain is now jacketed with the move you did before the jacket, and all you gotta do is swing around the chain and all of the hits adopt the knockback of that move.

LIKE META KNIGHT"

Thats your answer.

Meta Knight

King Dedede

Snake

Lets see..

how is DDD fast? he is the slowest character i have ever played.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

LIKE META KNIGHT"

Thats your answer.

Meta Knight

King Dedede

Snake

Lets see..

how is DDD fast? he is the slowest character i have ever played.

No, that's Bowser. I think he might be referring to DDD's attacks as quick. His smashes certainly aren't though.

D3 is fast for his weight, strength and range.

His smashes are slow, except his D Smash. Very speedy.

And Bowser has a quick jab, and his upB and fair are decently fast. Ganon, on the other hand...

Jiggly isnt broken because her wall of pain isnt going to happen all the time, and wont happen unless you're vsing a very pro one.

Ike isnt broken because he is very slow, and all he has is strength.

Link has a good z air. So thats the only thing really broken about him other than his epic techs.

Strong is Ike. Has a huge pro but a huge con.

Broken is MK. Has a huge set of pros, but barely any cons.

Meta only has 2 cons.

Weight and air speed.

Ike has like over 9000.

If you seriously are asking me these stupid questions you should already know, it appears you are just trying to be an [wagon], or you really are stupid.

Snake has HUGE cons. His poor priority and bad airgame should be enough to rank him down from all mighty jesus-ness. And no, I'm not trying to be an [wagon]. It's that you call whatever you dislike cheap, so I'm asking you what that exactly is.

inuyashakent-2.png

You said yourself you dont need an airgame. :roll:

And all his cons are weighed out by the fact he's uberly overpowered and he has the best matchup against MK

And all his cons are weighed out by the fact he's uberly overpowered and he has the best matchup against MK

what is the worst matchup against MK?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

what is the worst matchup against MK?

Probably someone who is big, fat, with no projectile and is slow with terrible moves in the air.

Bowser?

bowser has a 60:40 ratio in MK's favor. ike is 70:30 is there anyone that is 80:20? :lol:

arcane_stew.png

bowser has a 60:40 ratio in MK's favor. ike is 70:30 is there anyone that is 80:20? :lol:

ganon? Maybe Link, but he has plenty of projectiles while MK has none.

Snake is 55:45 in MK's favour, but a GOOD snake with EXTREMELY GOOD mindgames is 50:50.

But if the MK is equally skilled, it will remain 55:45 in Mk's favor.

I think it was Wario with the best matchup against MK. Snake and Falco are definetely the top though.

inuyashakent-2.png

Snake is 55:45 in MK's favour, but a GOOD snake with EXTREMELY GOOD mindgames is 50:50.

I think it was Wario with the best matchup against MK. Snake and Falco are definetely the top though.

You mean Wario is the worst matchup against MK? MK should totaly dominate Wario.

arcane_stew.png

Wario? Lol

Seriously, Wario. Well, when I say good, I mean equal, of course.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224269

50:50

Best counterpicks are Rainbow Cruise and Japes

Ban Delfino

Mr. Broken in the flesh, contrary to popular belief, Wario has a 50:50 against this guy. Why may you ask? Well, MK is of course the ONLY character that can chase Wario offstage and possibly gimp him, but then Wario is still hard to gimp in this way, as our airdodge lasts as long or even longer then MK's Bair, his longest lasting aerial. Not to mention Wario has better air speed (Far better air speed) then MK.

Approaching MK is fairly dependent on what MK does and note, MK will have to approach Wario due to having no projectiles, so you can play defensively or offensively with your approach. If hes doing retreating Fairs, your hard pressed to get inside and approach, but if he does SH Uairs or Dairs, hes easy to approach, and if hes an utter noob and approaches with the tornado, thats punishment city. To approach a Fair retreating MK, you will need to either Airdodge behind him and hit him with a Dtilt or a Bair/Fair, depending how you airdodge, or a well timed Fair of your own when his is over. Its hard to approach him this way though. If your REALLY good at getting the SA frames of the Fsmash, you can use this to punish his retreating Fairs. If he approaches with Uairs, a DACUS will get him easy, and if he approaches with Dairs, you can get above him and Dair, Fair him, or Nair him OOS. If he approaches you with a tornado, then its a free Dair, but getting the timing is dfficult for beginners. And if he approaches with his Forward B, you can Sidestep it then pivot bite him.

Now thats just MK's air approach, he can also approach from the ground. If he appproaches with Ftilts, get above him and Dair or Airdodge then Fsmash/bite. If he approaches with Dtilt, use your Dtilt, and it'll beat his out everytime. If he approaches with IDC, well, hes disqualified in a tourny scene, but if he does, watch how the camera follows him, Sidestep at the right time, then punish.

A little bit about MK's mechanics. He has the 3rd slowest air speed in the game, he has 6 jumps then his Shuttle Loop which will autoglide when its over. His sword shares a laser property, so it CAN NOT cling with any move. (The only exception is his glide attack, which can cling) MK is also the 3rd lightest, and a half waft can kill at around 65%.

This is what makes the matchup good. Unless MK can get you with a good Dsmash and you don't DI up when he hits you with it, or gimp you, MK has a hard time killing Wario. Wario's Uair will always beat MK's glide attack, which is one of his KO moves, and if you sense a shuttle loop coming, Dair him and you'll beat it out, but DI the right way as the attacks trade. You should never get hit with his Fsmash, as its his laggiest move, but don't be deceived by it, it has a high vertical hitbox. This is big, MK HAS NO GRAB RELEASE ON WARIO! MK can't do anything from a grab release to Wario, so being grabbed here isn't so bad, but don't get grabbed anyway, his Uthrow can kill you at around 192%.

Killing MK is an ok feat to do as Wario, as MK dies early. MK dies from a Uair at 98%, and a half waft at lower. Your Fsmash can also help big time to kill him, as it kills pretty early, around 110%-130%. Fthrow at the edge will also kill MK at 120% most of the time. Getting a kill move on MK isn't going to be easy though, a good MK will love to sidestep, so just keep punishing him and poking him until you can get one in. And beware his Dsmash, that move is very strong and comes out faster then your dash attack. If you are getting hit b it, DI up to survive. Now if you can get him in the air and waft on him, then hes pretty much dead.

To rack up damage, its more about poking him and capitalizing on his mistakes if any. Fair is good in this matchup, Dair is also good. If you can space a Bair, it can also beat out his Uair and Dair. And Nair OOS is very nice as well. Overall, its 50:50 just due to how MK can combo you.

inuyashakent-2.png