Smash Club.

Caxis

But I feel like Shiek's is far less useful. With Snake's, you get really good reach. While with Shiek's you can pretty much only use it when your opponent is vulnerable, for example if you lock them with needle storm.

Yeah, Snake's is a very good approach. I'm not saying Shiek's is better, but it goes farther so you can't just isolate Snake and label him as broken because of that ability.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I feel like Shiek's is far less useful. With Snake's, you get really good reach. While with Shiek's you can pretty much only use it when your opponent is vulnerable, for example if you lock them with needle storm.

Yeah, Snake's is a very good approach. I'm not saying Shiek's is better, but it goes farther so you can't just isolate Snake and label him as broken because of that ability.

Yeah because we all know Meta Knight is a broken son of a gun. -.-

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Yeah because we all know Meta Knight is a broken son of a gun. -.-

We're talking about Boost Smashing. :?:

inuyashakent-2.png

okaayyyyyyyyyy. what is a disjointed hitbox?

how do you slide around while Usmashing?

why do i feel like i'm a newb all over again? :wall:

EDIT: anyone wana brawl so i can find new ways to get pwnt? #-o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Disjointed hitbox is when you can hit an opponent even when your character doesn't make contact. For example, Marth's upsmash, he spends his sword straight up, but for some reason it can hit people who are standing to the side of him.

You slide by dashing then quickly going to an upsmash charge. While charging, you continue to slide.

Disjointed hitbox is when you can hit an opponent even when your character doesn't make contact. For example, Marth's upsmash, he spends his sword straight up, but for some reason it can hit people who are standing to the side of him.

You slide by dashing then quickly going to an upsmash charge. While charging, you continue to slide.

Those are right, but to simplify it, basically the hitboxes (where your attacks hit) are not connected to what it APPEARS to be. For example, Snakes knee during his forward tilt seems to go 1 feet in front of him, but there is an invisible hitbox that actually goes another foot. If you know all the character's hitboxes, this really isn't an advantage.

And for boost smashing, simply Usmash while dashing. The easiest way is by csticking down then pressing up and z. Youtube will give you a great video example.

I'm up to 1v1 anybody.

inuyashakent-2.png

kent you have some SERIOUS problems reading.

Unpredictable if you SHORT-HOP-INTO-B-AIR-FOR-KILL-(ONLY)

And yeah Mano, delayed 3 times doesnt mean hes finished. He obviously wasnt thought over completely, take the tilts? A guy like snake who basically uses explosives and neck-crackingness in his games shouldnt be able to do that O_o

Snake is cheap kent, deal with it ok? There really is no denying the fact that he has the most epicly cheap groundgame. (MK hasnt got the cheapest GROUND game :P)

Anyway, I'm wondering if my sheik is better than my toon link now, I have a pretty decent sheik. Got a sick-as tether gimp on Fox the other day, just slided off the edge and side B, bam, owned. lol.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Can Wizz, maestro, and howbadisbad please post their friend codes again? :D I'll be playing all day most likely, but I wont check the computer if you want to brawl since im NOT ALLOWED ON. (im cheating atm)

kent you have some SERIOUS problems reading.

Unpredictable if you SHORT-HOP-INTO-B-AIR-FOR-KILL-(ONLY) I know, I just stated that for the purpose of having a full-proof argument. After that, I said;

Why would you SH bair when ftilt is faster and has a longer reach?

And yeah Mano, delayed 3 times doesnt mean hes finished. He obviously wasnt thought over completely, take the tilts? A guy like snake who basically uses explosives and neck-crackingness in his games shouldnt be able to do that O_o

Well yeah, I agree his range should have been much shorter.

Snake is cheap kent, deal with it ok? There really is no denying the fact that he has the most epicly cheap groundgame. (MK hasnt got the cheapest GROUND game :P) He's definitely strong, given his high placement in the tier list... but he has many weaknesses. The problem with him is that there are too many characters that can take advantage of that (Pika, Falco, Rob, DK, MK) that are all counter picks, unlike MK which has NONE. A character's strengths lie in matchups, that's all.

Anyway, I'm wondering if my sheik is better than my toon link now, I have a pretty decent sheik. Got a sick-as tether gimp on Fox the other day, just slided off the edge and side B, bam, owned. lol.

inuyashakent-2.png

1. Because its unpredictable / not predicted?

2. And if it was he wouldnt be 'so strong'.. lol. He has disjointed hitboxes and overpowered tilts =P = Cheap pretty much.

3. MK has a very bad matchup against snake, 60:40 or something, and a bad one against Yoshi, 50:50, and pretty bad against bowser too last time I checked.

And falcons 5:95 chance of winning is epic.

1. Because its unpredictable / not predicted? Jumping off the ledge is definitely unpredicted, but it's not a good option. (I kid. :lol: )The solution to bair is a simple block or spotdodge, which everybody will do if you short hop. Limited air options = hard time being unpredicted.

2. And if it was he wouldnt be 'so strong'.. lol. He has disjointed hitboxes and overpowered tilts =P = Cheap pretty much. Tell me how do not die recovering to a Pika or Rob? Or how to avoid being CG's ---> edgeguarded by a falco or DDD? Or how to avoid being gimped and using broken tilts against DK with equally long range and an approaching game?

3. MK has a very bad matchup against snake, 60:40 or something, and a bad one against Yoshi, 50:50, and pretty bad against bowser too last time I checked.

And falcons 5:95 chance of winning is epic.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179463

The true reason why Snake is placing so high in tournies is because of his decent matchups VS MK. 55:45 in favor of MK =/= very bad matchup. Yoshi and Bowser are both 60:40, in MK's favor.

inuyashakent-2.png

Can Wizz, maestro, and howbadisbad please post their friend codes again? :D I'll be playing all day most likely, but I wont check the computer if you want to brawl since im NOT ALLOWED ON. (im cheating atm)

Don't have Brawl but I practice at a friends house who has no Wifi :wall:

Isn't Boost Smashing a DAUCUS?

You just run, press the C stick Down (I'm guessing the yellow stick on the Gamecube control) , then press Z(grab button?) and up?

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

1. You cant say that.

2. snake shouldnt even have to recover against pikachu or rob due to the fact hes so overpowered and cheap.

3. I was sure MK had a bad matchup against snake.

Something like that wizz. Something like that..

1. You cant say that.

2. snake shouldnt even have to recover against pikachu or rob due to the fact hes so overpowered and cheap.

3. I was sure MK had a bad matchup against snake.

You forgot to quote me I'm guessing.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

1. You cant say that. Why not...? SH bair is a horrible option. Prove me wrong.

2. snake shouldnt even have to recover against pikachu or rob due to the fact hes so overpowered and cheap. Ermm... I don't know where to start. Pika can outcamp you, so camping is useless. You know what this means? Snake is a DEFENSIVE character, and he's forced to approached, which is messy. Yes, this means he will have to recover. Which means... low recovery = grabbed = death. High recovery = lightning = death. Same with rob, his camping game is better than yours. What do you mean cheap so he doesn't have to recover? I hope your joking about this, or else you really gone to the dumb side.

3. I was sure MK had a bad matchup against snake. He never did.

Don't have Brawl but I practice at a friends house who has no Wifi :wall:

Isn't Boost Smashing a DAUCUS?

You just run, press the C stick Down (I'm guessing the yellow stick on the Gamecube control) , then press Z(grab button?) and up?

Dash attack (U) canceled up smash. Forgot what the U was :?

inuyashakent-2.png

No I just dont care for campers. Anyone who camps really suck. So anything I have to say basically means a proper game, not a camping game..

Want to brawl? :D

No I just dont care for campers. Anyone who camps really suck. So anything I have to say basically means a proper game, not a camping game..

Want to brawl? :D

That makes no sense,... whoever camps sucks? So you expect Pikachu to willingly give up his good position and run up to a Bowser?

Edit; Your arguments are being less based on facts and now on opinions like unfair and impossibilities, when they obviously aren't.

inuyashakent-2.png

How does this make no sense?

I can have opinions cant I? I didnt know TIF was so freakin' obsessed with people having opinions.. Jeez.

I find that if someone sits at the end of the map for a whole game, or close enough to it, hitting people with projectiles and running away after they get close is just stupid, pointless and the cheapest way to win.

CHEAPER THAN META KNIGHT.

Plus, Pikachu is powerful and quick if used in the right hands, while bowser is just a tank unless used by a serious pro. Not just a pro, but a serious pro.

How does this make no sense?

I can have opinions cant I? I didnt know TIF was so freakin' obsessed with people having opinions.. Jeez.

I find that if someone sits at the end of the map for a whole game, or close enough to it, hitting people with projectiles and running away after they get close is just stupid, pointless and the cheapest way to win.

Sure, you can have opinions, but...

Plus, Pikachu is powerful and quick if used in the right hands, while bowser is just a tank unless used by a serious pro. Not just a pro, but a serious pro.

It's an opinion; I understand that. An opinion holds no weight and should not be argued without evidence.

I guess you don't know the meaning of approach, and this is why you continue to believe Captain Falcon doesn't suck.

inuyashakent-2.png

ok kent lets get one thing straight. You dont read.

I know falcon sucks. But he wouldnt be so bad if he had priority back. He'd be top 12.

But you're the one who wont admit to snake being unfinished. You just believe his hitboxes are incorrect.

Personally, I think hes unfinished.

Who said you cant argue opinions? Opinions are the basis of everything in life. The fact is, camping is low, nooby and just shows how little skill you have.

ok kent lets get one thing straight. You dont read.

I know falcon sucks. But he wouldnt be so bad if he had priority back. He'd be top 12.

But you're the one who wont admit to snake being unfinished. You just believe his hitboxes are incorrect.

Personally, I think hes unfinished.

Who said you cant argue opinions? Opinions are the basis of everything in life. The fact is, camping is low, nooby and just shows how little skill you have.

How do you argue opinions without any facts? More opinions...?

How is Snake unfinished?

Edit: You shoot Falco's laser from afar. You are officially a noob. Tell me, what are projectiles used for then?

inuyashakent-2.png

1. I told you, can you just read a [bleep]ing post?

2. Because MANY aspects of him make it seem as if they had to delay the game to fix certain people and just didnt get around to him. ok?

3. "I find that if someone sits at the end of the map for a whole game, or close enough to it, hitting people with projectiles and running away after they get close is just stupid, pointless and the cheapest way to win." - Thats the WHOLE game. Personally, I do sometimes "camp" but I go to the side when im in danger of getting koed, and start to projectile people until they get close, and i TRY to strike. Doesnt work on wifi well. I stress the words "im in danger of getting koed" usually only 100+

The fact is, camping is low, nooby and just shows how little skill you have.

Anyway, probably wont be 'on' the computer until 12 more hours, so dont plan on a reply.

1. I told you, can you just read a [bleep] post? You said opinions are a basis of life. I don't see how that answers my question.

2. Because MANY aspects of him make it seem as if they had to delay the game to fix certain people and just didnt get around to him. ok? Not ok. That still doesn't answer my question, what aspects? I can't read your mind.

3. "I find that if someone sits at the end of the map for a whole game, or close enough to it, hitting people with projectiles and running away after they get close is just stupid, pointless and the cheapest way to win." - Thats the WHOLE game. Personally, I do sometimes "camp" but I go to the side when im in danger of getting koed, and start to projectile people until they get close, and i TRY to strike. Doesnt work on wifi well. I stress the words "im in danger of getting koed" usually only 100+ Camping doesn't mean running away the whole game, it means forcing the opponent to approach. It's one of the core concepts of Brawl...

What you're thinking about is stalling.

The fact is, camping is low, nooby and just shows how little skill you have.

Anyway, probably wont be 'on' the computer until 12 more hours, so dont plan on a reply.

inuyashakent-2.png

1. facts are based on opinions and vice versa.

2. broken hitboxes, broken damage ratio, broken weight (yes, hes like what 4th heaviest?), broken KOing attacks, which is basically everything he has. Broken recovery, and broken glitching recovery.

3.Camping means running away the whole game while attacking them to get up damage, stalling is getting a kill and running away..