Smash Club.

Caxis

Damn... Stack Smash pulled out all of the stops today.

[hide=What the f-]al_090405_18551binout-300x225.jpg

Captain Sonic?

al_090405_2153binout-300x225.jpg

META FALCON!?[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to know which characters have good Uair AND Utilt.

Marth, Meta Knight, Snake, and D3. I would say DK too, but he's a bit slow for my liking.

Snake's uair isn't all that great, but the rest (including DK) are good. DK"s attacks are surprisingly fast fr his power and range.

Why would you need a character with a good utilt and uair, though?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Marth, Meta FALCON, Snake, and D3. I would say DK too, but he's a bit slow for my liking.

Snake's uair isn't all that great, but the rest (including DK) are good. DK"s attacks are surprisingly fast fr his power and range.

He probably wants to pwn people just like the rest of us. :|

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Zelda does as well, even though they can be somewhat slow.

Just saying.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Marth, Meta FALCON, Snake, and D3. I would say DK too, but he's a bit slow for my liking.

I'm having a 1 on 1 Battle with another player and her main is Pit and she always flies -_-

So I though why not have a good character that can fight there in the air and be prepared for when she lands on the ground.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

C FALCON FOAR U AIR. U AIR SPAM IS WIN. FALCON IS WIN.

PAWNCH!11

Seriously though he does have a decent u air, and air speed, U tilt is ok if you can space.

Mario is seriously top [cabbage] though. 0-50+ on bowser solely with u tilts is made of win.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Ray,wanna Brawl?

Want to brawl right now? At 2? (No sarcasm, let's play)

Zelda does as well, even though they can be somewhat slow.

Just saying.

Slow = bad, His Uair is EXTREMELY predictable (He only has one option if he's below you) and again, slow. His utilt is also VERY slow. It's like the same as Ike, but he has a larger range and it comes out faster.

That has nothing to do with the quality f Uair/tilts :XD:

Seriously though he does have a decent u air

His Uair is actually great, but the rest of his airs brings him down, sorta.

inuyashakent-2.png

Zelda is a she, Kent..

Zelda is a she...

Actually, Falcon has a good airgame. Just because people who use snake and people completely different to falcon doesnt mean he has a bad airgame 'cause hes not your style.

Seriously dude.

Zelda is a she, Kent..

Zelda is a she...

Actually, Falcon has a good airgame. Just because people who use snake and people completely different to falcon doesnt mean he has a bad airgame 'cause hes not your style.

Seriously dude.

Eh w/e, typo. :lol:

Falcon's airgame is good (Depends on who you're comparing it with), but good luck getting the opponent to fight you in the air when they know the only ground attack you have is a grab and a jab. :roll:

He can't approach either, so how is he going to face someone like Marth in the air? Marth can literally space and fair all day...

inuyashakent-2.png

Falcon has quick R0LLZ.

And ever heard of air dodging directly after a jump?

That and u air.

I think falcons u air has about, or slightly more-longer length than marths f air.

Falcon has quick R0LLZ. No. Still punishable, unless you're Lucario.

And ever heard of air dodging directly after a jump? SHAD leaves you extremely vulnerable to a smart player, who can simply attack you after an airdodge. The still doesn't really help yu, as spot/airdodges/rolls are extremely punishable.

That and u air. His uair is good.

I think falcons u air has about, or slightly more-longer length than marths f air. Maybe, but the bigger hitbox is above him. If we're talking about horizontal hitboxes, Falcon's is shorter than marth's.

inuyashakent-2.png

Damn I lost the battle.

See the technique she uses on Pit is that she goes all the way to a ledge and starts shooting at you, the damned arrow makes a piercing blow stunning you temporarily. By the time you finally get to Pit she flies away, Athens Glides to the other side and repeats or if you have enough damage Meteor Smashes you. Throwing stuff at Pit is useless seeing as how thanks to his 2 reflectors sends it back to you at usually twice the speed and Pit's Damned shield blocks small damages.

I really need to beat her next round (Which is Monday). I used Mario...

I usually use Lucario for 1 on 1 but Lucario runs fairly slow and thus has a disadvantage to the fast moving Pit.

94qbe.jpg

Try link or toon link. Any projectile like an arrow (pits) will do nothing to link as long as he stands still and doesnt move. His shield is epic.

Anti camper.

That's funny, I didn't know people actually still lose to Pit spam. (I remember rants about Wolf and Pit when Brawl first came out...)

Anyways, you can either cancel the arrow (ftilt DK), perfect shield (5 frames=easy), or just rush him. I mean his arrows have a big windup time and when he glides just kill him while he's in the air.

What I'd personally do with Snake (my main, I know it's not yours) is rather camp him back, or P shield to get close to him then ftilt him. (Long reach) If you know what's coming there is nothing you can't stop.

Try link or toon link. Any projectile like an arrow (pits) will do nothing to link as long as he stands still and doesnt move. His shield is epic.

Anti camper.

But then you can't do ANYTHING. You'll be on a disadvantage.

inuyashakent-2.png

Not really at a disadvantage. Sitting there can really get someone pissed, and with Link, if you're good enough you can seriously get to someone.

Anyway. This person you're vsing is a total noob. If you know them irl kick them in the face for being a total loser.

OR fight fire with fire and use falco

Um, can you get alternate music on the brawl menus? It's usually the brawl theme, I know, but yesterday I got this really weird one. I can't exactly describe it, but it sounded, idk, "victorious" I guess is the world? Couldn't find it in sound test either, but I might've missed it there.

Not really at a disadvantage. Sitting there can really get someone pissed, and with Link, if you're good enough you can seriously get to someone.

Anyway. This person you're vsing is a total noob. If you know them irl kick them in the face for being a total loser.

Pit can shoot an arrow backwards and make it go around and hit you in the back. ;)

He's not a noob, he's a newb. That's a weak technique and has many flaws. I wuld personally pick up DK, ftilt to cancel his arrows and punish. (DK is fast and strong, with one of the longest reach in the game, perfect for punishing.)

inuyashakent-2.png

MK's tornado can cancel out the arrows.

Pit is one of my mains. It's not too hard to dodge the arrows. You kinda have to play games with your opponent, but stay in the air. That way, Pit will have to curve the arrows. Then if you alternate the angle in which you approach, Pit will have a very difficult time getting one to hit.

Of the 3 glides, Pit has the worst. It lacks MK's speed and Charizard's power. It's in the middle, but not really. Only good thing is it's low lag, but it's not hard to hit him out of the glide.

Pit has 2 reflectors, but neither is very fast. That means if you throw a projectile unexpectantly, there's no way Pit can reflect it, unless he just happens to put up Angel Ring or Mirror Shield accidentally. (Happens to me sometimes when I go for an Angel Rush, I accidentally reflect).

EDIT:

Also, if you pick someone who has a really good duck, like snake, ZSS, or Pikachu, you can duck every one in a while to dodge a few arrows. Don't stay there though, since Pit can curve the arrows to hit you. But duck, then jump over the next one. Remember, you want to confuse Pit so he doesn't know where to control the arrow.

Also remember that Pit's reflectors only cover ONE side. They do not stop anything from above or behind him, unlike Wolf's or Fox's. If you roll around a lot, then Pit might pull out a reflector in the wrong direction. You can punish that easily since nothing is protecting the other end, and both of them take quite a while to let down.

Contrary to appearance, Pit actually isn't too great in the air. I mean, he's good, but not great. He's no MK, Marth, or Falco, that is. He's above average in the air, but by not means a killer. Only really thing he can do in the air is Bair, which is his best kill move, and Glide. The uair and nair shouldn't be too bad unless you're at a high percent. The dair doesn't have as much forward range as MK's, but you should be careful of it. His fair is pretty slow comparatively, but has decent strength. Again, nothing to worry of unless you're at a really high percent.

Another reason why Pit is generally bad in the air is that if he's hit in the air, he usually doesn't get any jumps back. In my experience, when I go into the air for a kill, and I get hit...somehow, I get no jumps back. Same goes for his U-B, the Wings of Icarus. If he's hit while using it, he'll freefall. He gets no jumps back and cannot use WoI again. That being said, you might want to choose someone with a projectile, such as Falco. That way, when Pit is using WoI to come back, fire a bunch of lasers in midair. If one hits him, he's yours to take and is helpless until he touches the ground, or falls if you hit him far enough.

Btw. Pit hates Pikachus. The safest way for Pit to recover with WoI is to go underneath the ledge and grab onto it. Pikachu can stop that one stages like FD with Thundershock, since it'll curve around the lips of the stage. Spam like 5 or so when Pit closes in. If he's hit, he's done. If he dodges, then he still has an extremely predictable recovery that you can hit him easily. What one of my friends does after he gets me into that position is jump of the ledge and use Thunder. Usually, I'm too slow to dodge and get hit. Even if I do miss it, I usually need to go the other way, and the WoI will sometimes run out then and I fall. Go to Youtube and look up "quintuple thunder". There's a technique with Pikachu that lets you use Thunder 5 times off the ledge without dying. I can't figure it out, but I imagine it would be a killer for Pit.

So basically when going to take down a Pit, you want someone small and fast who has a good projectile. A reflector can only help as well. The best guys to take would be Fox/Falco, maybe Wolf but he's a bit slow, Pikachu, Ness/Lucas (pretty sure that down-b heals or something), and MK. MK because he'll destroy Pit in the air.

She picks the stage last time and I pick the stage for battle #2. Obviously I'm going to pick something small like Final Destination. She picked Pork City for Battle #1 -_-

94qbe.jpg

ZORMG very very long.

MK's tornado can cancel out the arrows. What can't MK outprioritize, lol. I don't like mentioning MK as a solution because he is a solution to EVERYTHING, it doesn't need to be said :XD:

Pit is one of my mains. It's not too hard to dodge the arrows. You kinda have to play games with your opponent, but stay in the air. That way, Pit will have to curve the arrows. Then if you alternate the angle in which you approach, Pit will have a very difficult time getting one to hit. Not really, especially if they are a character with a laggy jump like Bowser. It's easy to hit an opponent even if the mix jumping and shielding, just slightly curve it up. If they full jump, just punish them for that bad move. :lol: Jumping can be a good, but if you stay in the air, you're predictable.

Of the 3 glides, Pit has the worst. It lacks MK's speed and Charizard's power. It's in the middle, but not really. Only good thing is it's low lag, but it's not hard to hit him out of the glide.

Pit has 2 reflectors, but neither is very fast. That means if you throw a projectile unexpectantly, there's no way Pit can reflect it, unless he just happens to put up Angel Ring or Mirror Shield accidentally. (Happens to me sometimes when I go for an Angel Rush, I accidentally reflect). True, both his reflectors are more for camping then anything. If your opponent is stupid enugh to spam the two attacks there's no way you should lose. If he's good enough t predict you and then use it... good luck beating him. :XD:

EDIT:

Also, if you pick someone who has a really good duck, like snake, ZSS, or Pikachu, you can duck every one in a while to dodge a few arrows. Don't stay there though, since Pit can curve the arrows to hit you. But duck, then jump over the next one. Remember, you want to confuse Pit so he doesn't know where to control the arrow.

Also remember that Pit's reflectors only cover ONE side. They do not stop anything from above or behind him, unlike Wolf's or Fox's. If you roll around a lot, then Pit might pull out a reflector in the wrong direction. You can punish that easily since nothing is protecting the other end, and both of them take quite a while to let down. Rolling = very laggy and very easily punishable by any character. In fact, it's smarter to almost never roll. Even spt dodging is a pretty bad idea. Shielding or jabbing is a much better idea anytime you should spotdodge.

Contrary to appearance, Pit actually isn't too great in the air. I mean, he's good, but not great. He's no MK, Marth, or Falco, that is. He's above average in the air, but by not means a killer. Only really thing he can do in the air is Bair, which is his best kill move, and Glide. The uair and nair shouldn't be too bad unless you're at a high percent. The dair doesn't have as much forward range as MK's, but you should be careful of it. His fair is pretty slow comparatively, but has decent strength. Again, nothing to worry of unless you're at a really high percent. This is very true. His power comes from his gimmicky attacks and tricks (mindgamezzzz), strong camping game, and I'm not sure about the rest. He has a decent offstage game, and his ground game is decent.

Another reason why Pit is generally bad in the air is that if he's hit in the air, he usually doesn't get any jumps back. In my experience, when I go into the air for a kill, and I get hit...somehow, I get no jumps back. Same goes for his U-B, the Wings of Icarus. If he's hit while using it, he'll freefall. He gets no jumps back and cannot use WoI again. That being said, you might want to choose someone with a projectile, such as Falco. That way, when Pit is using WoI to come back, fire a bunch of lasers in midair. If one hits him, he's yours to take and is helpless until he touches the ground, or falls if you hit him far enough.You probably just wasted his jumps. His Up-b does only last once though, so if you fight against somebody with a good offstage game (Falcon/DDD) then you're screwed. Don't use up-b until you use most/all your jumps.

Btw. Pit hates Pikachus. The safest way for Pit to recover with WoI is to go underneath the ledge and grab onto it. Pikachu can stop that one stages like FD with Thundershock, since it'll curve around the lips of the stage. Spam like 5 or so when Pit closes in. If he's hit, he's done. If he dodges, then he still has an extremely predictable recovery that you can hit him easily. What one of my friends does after he gets me into that position is jump of the ledge and use Thunder. Usually, I'm too slow to dodge and get hit. Even if I do miss it, I usually need to go the other way, and the WoI will sometimes run out then and I fall. Go to Youtube and look up "quintuple thunder". There's a technique with Pikachu that lets you use Thunder 5 times off the ledge without dying. I can't figure it out, but I imagine it would be a killer for Pit. For lightning jolt, just grab the ledge and avoid using his up-b. Very simple solution. As with the thunder, that's even easier. Rather use your reflector thing (forward B), shoot his with an arrow, or simply edgeguard him while he's doing that. Remember, if your opponent edgeguards too aggressively, you can switch the tables around and make him on the defensive.

So basically when going to take down a Pit, you want someone small and fast who has a good projectile. A reflector can only help as well. The best guys to take would be Fox/Falco, maybe Wolf but he's a bit slow, Pikachu, Ness/Lucas (pretty sure that down-b heals or something), and MK. MK because he'll destroy Pit in the air. MK will destroy anybody in the air. I'd think pit can be taken down with characters with a strong approach/camping game, while having reach. Just looks at the matchup thread on Smashboards. [/quote]

She picks the stage last time and I pick the stage for battle #2. Obviously I'm going to pick something small like Final Destination. She picked Pork City for Battle #1 -_-

NPC = a nooby fighting zone. And when it's your turn to pick a stage, pick Battlefield. It's twice as small and it has platforms to negate camping.

Now go kick your friend's [wagon]. 8-)

inuyashakent-2.png

Wizz, noone cares if its a boy or a girl, all we care about is someone beating a noob camper.

Anyone who uses pit like that has 1% skill.