Smash Club.

Caxis

The video doesn't work for me.

Don't try to doubt the existence of priority, it's a fact.

Link.

Hmm maybe Lucario is an inch of the ground, but that doesn't explain why the other character got KO'ed he was dashing.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops I was talking about Gallades video..

Yours is 5:33.. :\

God can't wait 5mins??? X)

Also I take it back, Lucario's feet are planted firmly on the ground (Trust me Lucario is my main). I dunno about Kirby though.

Also nooby question, but I've been noticing people have been using the word "Mindgames". What the hell does this mean?!?!!?

94qbe.jpg

Mindgames = unpredictability mostly

They are both grounded. Also, the reason why they both hit each other is because their 'hit'boxes aren't colliding. They are right next to each other when the attack hits, and the 'hurt'boxes are not connected directly to their bodies, so their attacks are not even touching at all, but manage to reach through the opponent. Or so I would assume, from the looks of it. The exact moment is 5:26 for those who want to speculate...

I bet if you spaced the two out more, the attacks would cancel out/one would be outprioritized.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

People throw around mindgames alot. Usually they have to do with specific attacks to your character.

Projectiles, shielding, tether grabs, techs, etc.

Who-ever says Captain falcon has no mindgames is kinda stupid, since every character has atleast one basic mindgame.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

People throw around mindgames alot. Usually they have to do with specific attacks to your character.

Projectiles, shielding, tether grabs, techs, etc.

Who-ever says Captain falcon has no mindgames is kinda stupid, since every character has atleast one basic mindgame.

Kinda like lets say someone like Lucario/Samus charges up and someone else like Fox/Falco/Wolf uses a reflector near you but you never shoot the shot?

94qbe.jpg

Projectile canceling? Yes, then you continue to do it then psych your opponent out.

Samus has good ones.. REALLY good ones if you know how to use her properly.

Lucario only has one projectile and one lengthy attack so his mindgames arent that good, unless you can eventually get the hang of wallclinging into edge-hogs and canceling certain attacks in the air.

Also, when charging Lucario's aura sphere, and moving (basically a roll) when you have it fully charged makes people think you're going to shoot it, so moving into them, them activating a reflector and then side B can catch them off guard.

I dont really know too much about mindgames, Kent on the other hand might know some but I doubt many out of snakes base.

His involve grenades (SNAKE), usually baking while walking to you and shielding just before it goes off..

Timing his snakeslides (mortar slides)..

But most are on the grenades, I can use snakes mindgames pretty decent, at above an average level I'd say, but it takes a while for me to begin to use them properly in a game.

Mindgames is used far too often now a days, it can mean anything now...

Every character has mindgames, as long as the person has a brain. Walking to your opponent with a bomb in hand and rolling away is a good one, but if they get used to it, you pertend to do it again, while instead your going to throw it > ftit or something. Captain Falcon has mindgames, of course. Even if it is a character with no special abilities, a grab and a jump only he can still mindgame :XD: It can be as simple as running straight to your opponent and shielding. That's all mindgames are.

There are too many Snake mindgames commonly used to name. Ermm... While your opponent is above you, you can usmash and make them airdodge... then utilt. :) Or nade drop > dthrow > fsmash the opposite direction of nade drop. Lots and lots you can do with C4 and mines. D throw allows for some good techchase combos, more mindgames. ::' One of the best mindgames I find to work on PEOPLE are delayed attacks, usually forcing a spotdodge/airdodge. EX: Bowser is in the air, Marth jumps. Bowser thinks Marth is going to fair, but Marth waits. Bowser airdodges. Marth waits, then Fairs. Win ::' Or charging smashing if they spotdodge/hold shield.

Only way knees and falcon punches hit are by mindgames, btw.

inuyashakent-2.png

Knees arent hard to hit.

The only way snakes down smash hits is if you throw your opponent into it or they're [developmentally delayed]ed

Knees arent hard to hit.

The only way snakes down smash hits is if you throw your opponent into it or they're [developmentally delayed]

Actually, you can double it with the C4 to make a barrier of some sorts. On stages like battlefield and Shadow Moses Island, you can plant a C4 on the ground, then on the platform above plant a mine. Then at your discretion, you set off the C4 and they both blow it. It creates a wall of explosion.

In addition, you can plant the mine a little away from the ledge. This way if they're hanging, they can't do a ledge attack and they can't roll, so they have to jump. When you remove your opponent's options, the fight gets easier, regardless of if you hit them with the mine or not.

Knees arent hard to hit.

The only way snakes down smash hits is if you throw your opponent into it or they're [developmentally delayed]

Actually, you can double it with the C4 to make a barrier of some sorts. On stages like battlefield and Shadow Moses Island, you can plant a C4 on the ground, then on the platform above plant a mine. Then at your discretion, you set off the C4 and they both blow it. It creates a wall of explosion.

In addition, you can plant the mine a little away from the ledge. This way if they're hanging, they can't do a ledge attack and they can't roll, so they have to jump. When you remove your opponent's options, the fight gets easier, regardless of if you hit them with the mine or not.

That is caled stage/field control (forgot which). Snake does this best out of all characters (obviously)

I played a friendly with a good Snake, he used a C4, mine, 2 planted bombs and a nikita and it worked :XD: Stupid wifi.

Knees arent hard to hit.

I think we're thinking of different meanings of hard. I'm not saying it's difficult, I'm saying you can't just throw it out there are expect it to hit, because if you hit a grounded opponent there will be lag. The best way is to pop them off stage, where CFalcon surprisingly does good at, better than most characters. Unsweetspotted knee > uair is a unescapable combo :) :D

inuyashakent-2.png

I'll add you when I really wanna get into brawl again.

I think we're thinking of different meanings of hard. I'm not saying it's difficult, I'm saying you can't just throw it out there are expect it to hit, because if you hit a grounded opponent there will be lag. The best way is to pop them off stage, where CFalcon surprisingly does good at, better than most characters. Unsweetspotted knee > uair is a unescapable combo :) :D

I thought you wouldve meant hard as in hard to connect, it isnt really, people who think it are seriously just try a few times and give up. Personally I have to play one game screwing up knees and then I can hit a heap of them in the next.

Btw, I love the missed knee into u air off stage. It's such a lifesaver :P

NEXT POST = 5000 POSTS.

I'll add you when I really wanna get into brawl again.

I thought you wouldve meant hard as in hard to connect, it isnt really, people who think it are seriously just try a few times and give up. Personally I have to play one game screwing up knees and then I can hit a heap of them in the next.

Btw, I love the missed knee into u air off stage. It's such a lifesaver :P

NEXT POST = 5000 POSTS.

Yeah flubbed knees are great, it can also induce tripping. Inconsistency in knee's means you're spamming it. Don't use it unless you'll be safe even if you miss.

inuyashakent-2.png

Quick question:

You know how moves become stale if you use them too much in a row? Do you have to hit with the move for it to count?

So if I was Pit and used my fsmash but missed, does the fsmash still become stale?

If I was Pit and my fsmash was stale, so I have to hit with my ftilt to make the fsmash become "unstale"?

Naw, just using it makes it stale.

I was mucking around when the CPU was on around 100 percent, running away and using the KNEE, completely missing them, about .. 30 times or so, hit 5 knees and none knocked them out until I up aired.

RayOxide perhaps you were doing something wrong. Stale attacks only count if they connect to an object, or a person. Also there are 9 attacks recorded. So, for a move to be completely refreshed, you have to use 9 different attacks. The higher the attack is on the list the less it will be affected by stale. Now if you use the same attack 9 attacks in a row....

Stale attacks don't count in practice mode.

inuyashakent-2.png

Can anyone explain all this Jargon -_-

I don't understand you guys when you say things like Nair and Ftilt etc.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=745839

Just the basic terms

so whats Nair Uair Dair Ftilt Dtilt etc.

just very basic ones.

94qbe.jpg