Smash Club.

Caxis

Tournament coming up soon at my school, and I plan to win!

Hardest thing is picking a good character before I go... I was thinking Kirby, Marth, Link, or Ike among my main choices. But I found Kirby too light, Link better for 1v1 (and I think it may be teams), Ike too slow for solo, and Marth harder to land a finish with. I've been using Marth, though.

Help :shock: (<- Puppy Eyes)

Marth's side smash and down smash are pretty strong and he has good air combos.

I'll also put in Pit. He can rack up damage really well, and he has one of the best projectiles. He has a mirror shield which stops every head-on attack below 60 damage, and can reflect both melee and ranged attacks. This angel ring (side B) can also reflect. Best kill moves: side smash and back aerial. All his aerials seem strong. Beware though: if you get hit while using his up b recovery you can't use it again until you hit the ground or die. That means no 3 jumps or renewed recovery attack, you just fall if you get hit.

I usually also like to play as Snake. He has good kill moves, nice tactics, and loads of cheap, spammable things to do :lol: Best kills moves, personally I find up air very effective, and up tilt on the ground is also strong. Don't forget that his jab attack can KO in the upper 100s. Edgeguard with Nikita, and try to have a mine/c4 planted at all times. His forward smash shouldn't really be used. Exception is when a group of opponents are fighting. Then you just walk in and own the lot of um.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardest thing is picking a good character before I go... I was thinking Kirby, Marth, Link, or Ike among my main choices. But I found Kirby too light, Link better for 1v1 (and I think it may be teams), Ike too slow for solo, and Marth harder to land a finish with. I've been using Marth, though.

Be pro like Kent and me and use Snake to own everyone. :D

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I know Snake is good, but he's not my sort of character, and it would take too much time to really get a good feel for him against actual people.

I was thinking of Pit at first, for his arrows and aerial moves. I'll see how I feel with him, but for now I doubt I'll use him.

I know Snake is good, but he's not my sort of character, and it would take too much time to really get a good feel for him against actual people.

I was thinking of Pit at first, for his arrows and aerial moves. I'll see how I feel with him, but for now I doubt I'll use him.

Pit is awesome. I use him as my main character. His recovery is one of the best in the game, and he can spam the heck out of anyone from any distance. :twisted:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

We need to jumpstart the activity in this thread. :(

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Pit is awesome. I use him as my main character. His recovery is one of the best in the game, and he can spam the heck out of anyone from any distance. :twisted:

The reason why Pit is only my second main though is because he is 100% helpless if he's hit while using WoI. It annoys the hell outta me when I recover but falco shoots a laser or something. I can't dodge or move out of the way, and the only place I can go is down. So I'm forced to recover from below the stage to ledge grab, but even then some guys like Pikachu still hit...

The reason why Pit is only my second main though is because he is 100% helpless if he's hit while using WoI. It annoys the hell outta me when I recover but falco shoots a laser or something. I can't dodge or move out of the way, and the only place I can go is down. So I'm forced to recover from below the stage to ledge grab, but even then some guys like Pikachu still hit...

Yeah, he does get screwed if he gets hit while trying to recover, but WoI should be a last ditch effort to recover since he can jump like 5 or 6 times before starting to fall (atleast I think, havn't played in a while).

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

@Kent, there's no priority in the air. Just frames, if 2 moves hit at the same time and they're normal aerials, they will collide, not cancel one out.

As for insert, LINK seriously needs ALOT of training to be good, I know that for a fact.

Picking someone broken but not too broken can give you a good chance of winning, like Toon link. All you need to do is use his back air a bit, and know when to use his boomerang, bombs and arrows. His recovery is around average, with a tether with his z-air. There's alot of techs aswell.

If you grab your bomb, press z and drop down (TL's suicide [bleep]e) you should be able to cancel the death you'd have if you miss, and then be able to recover.

With his tether, you can quickly press backwards and z again to grab the edge and cancel some edge-grabbing recoveries, like falcos, foxes, falcons, ganons, links, etc.

As for link, he's very technical. He has to be the most technical character in the game. (dont say snake, he's the most glitchy :P and his 'techs' are easy to learn and abuse)

For kirby, if you get your opponent up to around 10% damage with a f air or b air, grab then forward throw into side b is kinda hard to dodge (no wavedashing etc) which gets your opponent up to around 40% damage quickly.

Also, if you havent, you must learn to quickly jump and quickly-er do a down aerial. (off the stage)

There will be alot of people playing the broken characters, so be prepared.

As for marth though, he's kinda predictible on Brawl - anyone who knows his frames decently know when to dodge and when not to. There's not much with marth in total, just a good anti-edgehog recovery. He does take alot of time to learn properly.

Also, another decent person is Peach. She might not seem like much but learning her can make your opponent cry in pain :P

I dont need a siggy no moar.

To be honest learning Mario has to be the best thing I have ever done. His cape is able to gimp many of the other characters' recoveries (most notably Ness, Lucas, Luigi, Kirby, Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, and Gannondorf). Mario's FLUDD is also pretty useful for gimping recoveries mainly Ness' and Lucas' recoveries because it either pushes them away from the PKT or cancels out the PKT. You can spam fireballs at people to pressure them. All of his smash attacks are fast with decent knockback. His uair, bair, and tornado are also very fast and reliable though the fair [bleep]e is a little laggy.

EDIT: And I wanna Brawl someone today because I am bored. I'll pretty much be on Brawl all night.

I personally found Lucas to be a well rounded character for FFA battle that feature around 3~4 players, especially his Up A lightning attack. Also his PK ice is pwnage if you know how to use it. But for 1 vs 1 he is not that well.......

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Lucas is a great character for 4 people games. Peregrining his down aerial across the map does some nice lolage.

But one on one you gotta restrict yourself, use some techs he has (like the same thing Link has, the tether hog or w.e). PK freeze sucks unless you get an edgehogger with it.

In 1v1, I spam his aerials, mostly his f air though.

Lucas is a great character for 4 people games. Peregrining his down aerial across the map does some nice lolage.

But one on one you gotta restrict yourself, use some techs he has (like the same thing Link has, the tether hog or w.e). PK freeze sucks unless you get an edgehogger with it.

In 1v1, I spam his aerials, mostly his f air though.

I R #1 Edgehogger.

I pk lightning and freeze people [wagon] off. Also it's not cheating it's tactic.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Marth's side smash and down smash are pretty strong and he has good air combos.

I'll also put in Pit. He can rack up damage really well, and he has one of the best projectiles. He has a mirror shield which stops every head-on attack below 60 damage, and can reflect both melee and ranged attacks. This angel ring (side B) can also reflect. Best kill moves: side smash and back aerial. All his aerials seem strong. Beware though: if you get hit while using his up b recovery you can't use it again until you hit the ground or die. That means no 3 jumps or renewed recovery attack, you just fall if you get hit.

I usually also like to play as Snake. He has good kill moves, nice tactics, and loads of cheap, spammable things to do :lol: Best kills moves, personally I find up air very effective, and up tilt on the ground is also strong. Don't forget that his jab attack can KO in the upper 100s. Edgeguard with Nikita, and try to have a mine/c4 planted at all times. His forward smash shouldn't really be used. Exception is when a group of opponents are fighting. Then you just walk in and own the lot of um.

Every single one of Marth's smashes are punishable harshly, so he's highly known for not being able to KO well without it being a punishment. Snake has a weak air game. As for some snake advice, avoid Nikita, space out with his tilts, and PLAY DEFENSIVE.

@Kent, there's no priority in the air. Just frames, if 2 moves hit at the same time and they're normal aerials, they will collide, not cancel one out.

False statement = bad argument. There is always priority. EVEN IF there wasn't, the opponent would most likely stay grounded and space your falcon out to death.

Proof that there is priority in air... MK is always in the air, and he is known for his high priority.

Oh, and the best character to pick up in an hour and use is MK. Go with tornados, D smashes, and make sure you stay in the air and SPACE OUT. Gimp with your dair, and punish when they attack your shield with a shield drop nair. Good luck. :thumbsup: (Don't go with Link)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

dont be a fr00b go with toon link.

If there is priority in the air, why have i read numerous times there arent, and my falcon has hit a meta knight with the same frame of an attack and both hit?

You lie.

A knee isnt cancelled out by meta knights neutral air, I know, as I have done this alot.

Well, you're right, it's not actually called priority. #-o Either way, it is extremely similar, as it has to do with the hitbox and speed the attack comes out of, which indeed, sucks for Captain falcon. A knee isn't canceled out by MK's Nair, but if he timed it he could have easily countered it instead of getting hit. Well basically, in the air it's all about speed, aerial maneuver, and hitbox, which Captain falcon doesn't have, at all. I'll still cal it priority, because that's what everybody else calls it for simplicities sake. :wall:

inuyashakent-2.png

Priority makes a move cancel out another move, or if equal priority meets, nothing happens.

As for aerial, they're called frames.

Falcon has decent reach and decent frames. He has a much higher than average airgame, especially if you know how to use it.

2 attacks hitting at the same time in the air = both hit. = 2 knees can hit eachother if both well timed.

There is no cancelling an attack out if the frames that you'll be hit in are equal.

It isnt priority and it isnt close lol

[hide=The Ultimate Falcon Match II][yt]4Xp5qDbZXK8[/yt][/hide]

The Ultimate Falcon Fighters return, but once there were 3....

For the prequel click

Priority makes a move cancel out another move, or if equal priority meets, nothing happens.

As for aerial, they're called frames.

Falcon has decent reach and decent frames. He has a much higher than average airgame, especially if you know how to use it.

2 attacks hitting at the same time in the air = both hit. = 2 knees can hit eachother if both well timed.

There is no cancelling an attack out if the frames that you'll be hit in are equal.

It isnt priority and it isnt close lol

You're right, it isn't even close to priority, but I didn't say it was :XD: I said I like to call it that, and it has a similar effect... which attack will win. Along with most everybody else. Falcon's airgame sucks.

His reach isn't good, (Only air approach is Nair, fair, and rar'ed bair which you can tell are bad...). Plus, lack of hitstun is what really killed his airgame... He can't combo anymore, which is what connected all his airs so greatly. Basically, even if he pops his opponent in the air once, they'll be right back on the ground again, where Falcon sucks at. His knee can't kill well anymore either. :(

inuyashakent-2.png

Try toon link.

Snake sucks, he's broken, and only people who like to use completely broken characters who weren't finished when brawl was released because they had to release it 'cause people kept complaining can be bothered to use such a broken character.

Falcon does not have a bad airgame.

Try toon link.

Snake sucks, he's broken, and only people who like to use completely broken characters who weren't finished when brawl was released because they had to release it 'cause people kept complaining can be bothered to use such a broken character.

Falcon does not have a bad airgame.

Well, I guess it would be an over exaggeration saying it sucks, but it's not that great, especially with him being the worst character in the game *as of now*. He just can't keep his opponents in the air long (no combos.)

Sadly, Snake has fallen in power and is easily defeated by Pika, DDD, Falco, and many other characters have very good matchups with him. Snake isn't broken because of his poor airgame and his extremely easily gimped recovery. Snake isn't even considered broken anymore ::'

Edit: And of course, a character's strengths are determined by his matchups. Snake has very bad matchups with a pretty large amount of the roster, so he is very good if you can pick up a decent counterpick. MK is currently the best counter to every character. He is indeed broken.

inuyashakent-2.png

Actually, falcon does have a great airgame. Equally powerful attacks, a decent KO (its not hard to hit -.- ), a [bleep]e, a quite fast u air, and an average b air. You cant say thats bad.

As for snake, he still has a pretty big advantage over alot of the roster. He is so far the best counter to the top character.

He has speedy tilts which have broken frames and reaching lengths, which are also very powerful.

The recovery is glitched with his down B so you cant really say its easily gimped.

Actually, falcon does have a great airgame. Equally powerful attacks, a decent KO (its not hard to hit -.- ), a [bleep]e, a quite fast u air, and an average b air. You cant say thats bad.

As for snake, he still has a pretty big advantage over alot of the roster. He is so far the best counter to the top character.

He has speedy tilts which have broken frames and reaching lengths, which are also very powerful.

The recovery is glitched with his down B so you cant really say its easily gimped.

Great is a gross over exaggeration of his airgame. His KO is REALLY hard to hit, and is VERY punishable. It's hitbox and it's time frame is so small now in Brawl... his uair is decent, and his bair is a bair, so you have to rar it to use it as an approach (slow). His [bleep]e is ok, but it's not like DK where the whole hitbox is a [bleep]e, only a portion of it is. He really can't ko... all his attacks are slow/low priority. (All ground moves, his Knee)

And I think I know Snake the most here, his recovery is very easily gimped. Tell me how you're going to get back on stage with a DDD doing a Wall of pain with his bairs? Any attack that does over 7% rips through Snake's up-b, which is his only recovery method. He's a sitting duck for anybody who fought enough Snake's. I'm not saying he's bad, as he still is the second best character, but you can't compare him to Metaknight... And currently, the best counter to MK is MK. :wall:

Snake has a very solid ground game (best in the game for the reasons you stated) but his airgame sucks, and his recovery is horrid against any character with a good offstage game.

inuyashakent-2.png

Down b repeatation to up b = recovery, and DDD cant WOP. LOL.

Look, you're doing what I'm doing to you.

I know falcon better than you would, brawl falcon anyway, and really, his Knee is not hard to hit as long as you get the timing right, and know falcon enough.

Yeah it is punishable, but not if you know how to be non-punished. Trust me.

Also, his D smash can kill eventually, and its speedy and decently ranged.

Down b repeatation to up b = recovery, and DDD cant WOP. LOL.

Down B ---> explode down b allows you to use up-b. Good luck doing that to a DDD bairing you. It's impossible.

EDIT: Hell, even if you don't have to blow yourself up (If you're knocked off your up-b, you can do it again) it doesn't matter, because that's 1 of your 2 ONLY options. Both leads to death.

You're right, I really don't know about Cfalcon much, but I know that nothing about him is great in any way. His knee is very hard to hit, and this isn't my opinion. You should see how easy it was to hit in Melee. The problem with Falcon is his finishers rely on combos due to his slow windup times but there are no combos. It doesn't matter if his attacks are good. It's like giving an MK Fox's lasers - it's a good attack, but it doesn't fit with of his other attacks.

inuyashakent-2.png