Smash Club.

Caxis

Oh i see.

SIDE B OF PIT IS FOR NOOBS ;P.

On a serious note, I really hate people who use those kinds of attacks all the time.

A continuous jab is ok a few times but anything so spammy is just.. GTFO

It's not cheap, some moves are just like that. Plus, Angel Ring has a little knockback, so after a few seconds, you'll be out of range of Pit's ring, and as long as you don't try to file a projectile at him (for obvious reasons), Pit is helpless until he brings the Ring down.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Falcon doesn't suck, its just that everyone else is better.

No, everyone else is cheaper.

Bowser is slow, but is only cheap cause of his epic suicide.

Dedede is cheap, though, probably the most cheapest character in the game. (yes, moreso than metaknight)

Anyway, I dont like people who actually believe tiers show who is good and who isnt, since its based on tournament wins, which doesnt mean one is better than the other, it just means the cheapest -> least cheap.

Let me get this 100% clear and straight:

No one uses Falcon because they know no one else is manly enough to have an airgame with a pro Falcon.

Just shows how little you know. Bowser is good because of his release grab combos, his out of shield optins, and many other things... excluding his suicide. DDD is a great character, and MANY people play him. Captain Falcon is played more than most low tier characters, because of the meme.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay ... 1ecd&f=118

Compare it with how many views and posts it has with other character boards. It's not that Falcon is underplayed... I mean Pokemon trainer is probably the most underused and has the most underdeveloped metagame. You say that MK is not OP, just overused. I laugh. :lol:

Angel rushing soudns nooby.

It's when you start the Angel Ring side-b attack in the air and hit your opponent, but once you touch the ground you get the forward momentum. Timed right, it's inescapable, so you have your opponent in a lock for a few seconds. Hardest part is knowing when to stop the Ring.

Angel Rush -> WoI is one of my favorite combos because of how safe it is. Sadly, it has no killing power and your opponent gets used to it after the 2nd try. The Angel Rush builds up damage, then you immedately put up WoI and push your opponent away. For most opponents (like DDD, Falco, and such) the wind effect would push them far enough away that none of their A attacks can hit you. Then, since you can easy outrun your opponent when WoI is up, you retreat a little and ground yourself.

I also like the infinite A attack Pit has, but one of the things I hate about Pit is that his grabs aren't too good. They're decent, but not good.

Good DI would own you :lol:

No one uses Falcon because they know no one else is manly enough to have an airgame with a pro Falcon.

No you get this straight. Having an advantage in the air is not enough to make up for his ground game. He has no approach option because of it, his reach is downright short, and he his priority is low. (You say it doesn't matter in the air. It does on the ground.)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

look kent idc.

Im sick of explaining myself over 3 times because people cant read.

OBVIOUSLY, I said no one uses falcon because no one goes in the air, because of his great airgame.

Now you get this straight, im really sick and [bleep]ing tired of explaining over and over again, so please, just read my posts properly. That goes for everyone. Any part you dont 'understand' for some reason, take a while and read?

Btw i dontsee how falcons reach is any less than snakes, other than the fact snake is basically incomplete. I dont really think they finished him in the creation.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

look kent idc.

Im sick of explaining myself over 3 times because people cant read.

OBVIOUSLY, I said no one uses falcon because no one goes in the air, because of his great airgame.

Now you get this straight, im really sick and [bleep] tired of explaining over and over again, so please, just read my posts properly. That goes for everyone. Any part you dont 'understand' for some reason, take a while and read?

Btw i dontsee how falcons reach is any less than snakes, other than the fact snake is basically incomplete. I dont really think they finished him in the creation.

Name one attack with a long reach in Falcon's arsenal. I try to look col because I'm correct. Great logic... -.-

This could mean

A) Nobody is good enough to (ab)use Falcon's airgame.

B) Nobody can compete with Falcon's airgame.

Both of which are absurd, many characters would completely destroy Falcon in the air. And making hypothetical (impossible) situations is just... stupid.

inuyashakent-2.png

lol, i dominate captain falcon in the air with luigi :thumbsup:

his airgame isn't that great IMO and his knee was nerfed like hell lol

also, how do you keep snakes grenades in his hands so he can "cook" them?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

1. Pull out grenade with the B button and hold.

2. Press the Shield button.

3. Pick up the dropped grenade.

4. Wait.

5. ?????

6. Profi- uhhh I mean throw it and BOOM!

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

You can hold B, but a much better option is the press the shield button so you drop the grenade as an item. Then you can pick it up and it'll act just like an item, with a much greater range since you can throw it in all 4 directions and not just 1.

Be careful of Kirby and MK when you do that though. Their up-throws can KO snake at 0% if Snake is holding a grenade and the throw is timed perfectly. Usually though, you won't have much to worry unless you fight against an extremely skilled human. Needless to say the NPCs are too dumb to figure it out, and the window is actually pretty small and hard to time, disregarding the fact that many people don't know this technique exists. Also, if you're holding the nade as an item, if MK or Kirby runs in, you know they'll probably attempt this, so just throw the nade. Easy to stop, but still, be careful.

You can hold B, but a much better option is the press the shield button so you drop the grenade as an item. Then you can pick it up and it'll act just like an item, with a much greater range since you can throw it in all 4 directions and not just 1.

Be careful of Kirby and MK when you do that though. Their up-throws can KO snake at 0% if Snake is holding a grenade and the throw is timed perfectly. Usually though, you won't have much to worry unless you fight against an extremely skilled human. Needless to say the NPCs are too dumb to figure it out, and the window is actually pretty small and hard to time, disregarding the fact that many people don't know this technique exists. Also, if you're holding the nade as an item, if MK or Kirby runs in, you know they'll probably attempt this, so just throw the nade. Easy to stop, but still, be careful.

I didn't know you played that much Brawl Zaaps. For the most part, he's right, but greater range doesn't always mean better. It's better for yourself to have more options, and to keep your opponent guessing, so mix up shield dropping, or just cooking. As for MK and Kirby, it's a bit situational, but it is worth mentioning. It's called omnigay. :lol:

EDIT:

Luigi's airgame is has some severe weaknesses, such as his shortage of range... but his combo potential on bigger characters is amazing. His nair can kill and combo and it comes ut in an instant, his slow air mobility = 2 fairs and 1 nair in a short hop! Cfalcon really can't get passed Wigi's nairs. However, he lacks approaches and reach like falcon. He has more going for him, though. eople though he was high tier when Brawl first game out.

inuyashakent-2.png

It's like I don't even exist anymore -.- .....

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

when it comes to adding people into your freinds list list, after you add someone, do they then have to add your freind code to make it work? i dont get on wi-fi much so i have no idea. i added most of the people whos brawl codes were available but it just says awating registration for each one. does any1 know? cause im getting sick of lvl 9 npc's...

EDIT: alex im on now. ill brawl you cause i havent played for a while as well. whats your freind code?

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

I didn't know you played that much Brawl Zaaps. For the most part, he's right, but greater range doesn't always mean better. It's better for yourself to have more options, and to keep your opponent guessing, so mix up shield dropping, or just cooking. As for MK and Kirby, it's a bit situational, but it is worth mentioning. It's called omnigay. :lol:

Omnigay, lol I didn't know that. Reminds me of nosegay (which gets through the RS filter btw, my friend bet me that it could and I lost :x there goes a 20) for some reason, even know they are in no way related (nosegay is a bunch of flowers). What's the -gay ending even mean...other than the obvious?

Curious, when is greater range not good? I was under the impression that if your attack can reach farther, it's always good. Look at the nade, if you're holding it as an item, you pretty much have every benefit that you would have if you kept in grenade mode, except you can't shield to drop it (can you?).

The range your bomb goes isn't actually a range, it's just how far away from you the bomb explodes at.

Omni something was the finder's name, and it's gay technique. Therefore, omnigay... not sure if it has an official name yet.

Ah.

I thought there was some sort of deeper meaning, nvm.

Anybody want to play now? Gallade denied me :|

Crazy was the noob who kept denying you. ;)

Anybody want to play now? Gallade denied me :|

Crazy was the noob who kept denying you. ;)

Ahh... well, I got to play a few (very) laggy games. :lol: Anybody who wants to 1v1 later should give me a call, hopefully it'll be less laggy with 2 people.

I couldn't show any of my skill. :XD:

inuyashakent-2.png