Smash Club.

Caxis

I suck with the space animals. They move to fast through the air. -.-

If you keep Fox's reflector on, he falls extremely slow. Ns if it works for Wolf, and I don't think it works for Falco.

They're all awesome though, although Wolf is lacking in the air imo, compared to the others.

But Mario can screw up their recoveries. :P

That's true. Although you have to time it really good to hit Fox and Falco out of their illusions.

FLUDD them out of the illusion and cape gimp them to their utter doom.

Can you reflect the FLUDD? If so, then problem solved. The illusion is fast enough to recover after the shine anyway.

If not, well you can cancel the illusion and maintain momentum, allowing you to air dodge the water.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, Wolf has the best air movement of all 3 space animals, and is the most defensive. Falco is only high tier because of mini-chain to [bleep]e and laser spam.

Fox is waaaaaaay too fast for someone who is used to falco or wolf. Personally I can play all pretty well, but Fox is my best.

Btw, Level 5 Mario cape'd me when I was using fox, around the 1st to 3rd frames starting illusion. I was so owned :-# .

Even if cancelling the illusion gives you a tiny tiny bit more recovery, it takes a LONG time to get used to cancelling it.

Btw, I've gone back to Falco. Fox was fun, but I can't give up chain grab, laser lock, and uber [bleep]e :P

Plus I got annoyed since I couldn't figure out how to Foxcopter. #-o

Falco chaingrab spam to [bleep]e is for serious noobs. Laser lock is ok, its fun and its more of a 'I'm better than you' thing, but the chaingrab is a silly resort to trying to win.

I havent attempted to foxcopter either >.>

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I suck with the space animals. They move to fast through the air. -.-

You mean fall? (Falling speed and air mobility are completely different.)

If you keep Fox's reflector on, he falls extremely slow. Ns if it works for Wolf, and I don't think it works for Falco.

They're all awesome though, although Wolf is lacking in the air imo, compared to the others.

However, it doesn't solve his problem. The reflector slows him down when you use it but... when are you actually going to use that in close range combat? That's more for anti-edgeguarding.

But Mario can screw up their recoveries. :P

Who can't? :D (I <3: doing that with DDD's bairs and fairs... and also, i am just kidding about the who can't part.)

That's true. Although you have to time it really good to hit Fox and Falco out of their illusions.

You don't have to cape the illusion, you can simply knock them out of it. Then they'll probably be too low to use it and have to resort to their UpB (death). Only some characters can do this. I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm starting to think that B attacks have some sort of priority even in the air.

Can you reflect the FLUDD? If so, then problem solved. The illusion is fast enough to recover after the shine anyway.

But how about if Gallade waits until you UpB and then FLUDDS? And that wouldn't work with Falco, he still falls really fast using his reflector.

Falco chaingrab spam to [bleep]e is for serious noobs. Laser lock is ok, its fun and its more of a 'I'm better than you' thing, but the chaingrab is a silly resort to trying to win.

I agree, but what isn't with Brawl? IC has infinite chaingrabs (Hard to do, yes, but when you master it, it's unescapable), DDD's infinite/chaingrab ---> gimp, Metatornadospam, laser camping, planking, PLANKING, P.L.A.N.K.I.N.G (yes my brother planks... :wall: ) but whatever works. There are simply too many people willing to do it, and banning MK's tornado is just silly. Basically, if you can't beat em, join em.

Just my 2 cents, some of these are opinions.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Add grenade spam and tilt camping with snake and dedede, kent :P

Planking is sitting at the edge when you stock up on them isnt it?

BTW, been improving my pikachu. It's around average now. I dont know why but I just CAN NOT play Wario.

I havent used ROB more than 10 times but its better than my stupid wario

EDIT: Shine is for mindgames Kent. Stalls you in the air when they are getting an attack ready.. Can help recover.. etc.

I need to stop using only my aeirials. I have played Luigi too much and every character I use I only do aerials lol. :wall:

Wario sucks for me >.>

Lucas seems to be someone that is good but I thought they would suck alot lol. I might make Lucas my secondary. ::'

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Add grenade spam and tilt camping with snake and dedede, kent :P

Planking is sitting at the edge when you stock up on them isnt it?

BTW, been improving my pikachu. It's around average now. I dont know why but I just CAN NOT play Wario.

I havent used ROB more than 10 times but its better than my stupid wario

EDIT: Shine is for mindgames Kent. Stalls you in the air when they are getting an attack ready.. Can help recover.. etc.

Grenade's aren't meant to be spammed, they don't do that well. Spam anything on Snake against a skilled player and you'll get owned. Same with DDD. You're thinking about MK.

Planking is just... holding the edge. Nothing to it. Just make them come to you, even if it means waiting the whole 8 minutes. (seriously gay)

And about the shine, that's exactly what I said. Shine as an anti edgeguard so you don't get edgeguarded (stalls in air) but you first stated (Edit: It wasn't you, it was sombody else but) that you can use it to get rid of his fast-fall ness, which it doesn't because you only do it as mindgames and you can't attack while you're doing it. (Or anything, for that matter.)

I need to stop using only my aeirials. I have played Luigi too much and every character I use I only do aerials lol. :wall:

Wario sucks for me >.>

Lucas seems to be someone that is good but I thought they would suck alot lol. I might make Lucas my secondary. ::'

Wario is kind of similar to Luigi... kind of... Just aireal and retreat, Bite when needed, and finish. (Wario has strong KO's...)

inuyashakent-2.png

I don't think chaingrab is cheating, it's a tactic like any other. You can get out of it too, so it's not even too dangerous. Laser lock is worse, if anything, imo. But it's still just a tactic to use.

In fact, if you're Falco and you aren't trying to chaingrab/set up a laser lock, you probably aren't trying your best to win. Once you add those two, it helps a lot.

But man, landing a good [bleep]e feels so good :D

I don't think chaingrab is cheating, it's a tactic like any other. You can get out of it too, so it's not even too dangerous. Laser lock is worse, if anything, imo. But it's still just a tactic to use.

In fact, if you're Falco and you aren't trying to chaingrab/set up a laser lock, you probably aren't trying your best to win. Once you add those two, it helps a lot.

This is exactly my opinion. Some chaingrabs aren't escapable at certain %'s, though. This is why the common smash theory, "Don't get hit (grabbed)" was developed. Laser lock... its extremely situational, as there's no combo that leads into it. (Footstalls don't work with it.) IMO, the only "cheap" thing is planking... it's just ridiculous and it's not fun AT ALL.

inuyashakent-2.png

This is exactly my opinion. Some chaingrabs aren't escapable at certain %'s, though. This is why the common smash theory, "Don't get hit (grabbed)" was developed. Laser lock... its extremely situational, as there's no combo that leads into it. (Footstalls don't work with it.) IMO, the only "cheap" thing is planking... it's just ridiculous and it's not fun AT ALL.

With Falco, nair and ftilt at mid-high percents (60-100) will automatically set you up for laser lock, unless they get out of it in time. Situational, yes, extremely. But you can set it up.

With Falco, nair and ftilt at mid-high percents (60-100) will automatically set you up for laser lock, unless they get out of it in time. Situational, yes, extremely. But you can set it up.

But most people will jump/tech. Hell, people will jump/airdodge out of instinct even if they don't know what the laser lock is. Either way, it's not a 'combo'.

inuyashakent-2.png

Lots of people during my competition love to plank. Thank god Lucario has a nice light jump so I can trick them into coming out of it then BAM! Aura Sphere.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Lots of people during my competition love to plank. Thank god Lucario has a nice light jump so I can trick them into coming out of it then BAM! Aura Sphere.

Not exaclty sure whaty ou mean, but characters played in top tournaments (75% MK) can't be forced to stop planking by MK. I'm not exactly what you mean, but I think you're talking about SH then fake an approach, making MK come out. MK will rather

A) Jump and airdodge if you're too far away, b/c he has a large amount of reaction time.

B) If you're close, he'll just fair you. His fair is faster than your Aura Sphere (by a long shot)

inuyashakent-2.png

Not exaclty sure whaty ou mean, but characters played in top tournaments (75% MK) can't be forced to stop planking by MK. I'm not exactly what you mean, but I think you're talking about SH then fake an approach, making MK come out. MK will rather

A) Jump and airdodge if you're too far away, b/c he has a large amount of reaction time.

B) If you're close, he'll just fair you. His fair is faster than your Aura Sphere (by a long shot)

Alot of people use this in the tournaments I participate against and I hardly face MK players. Oh first place was a Marth for this spring, now to wait for the Autumn Competition :/

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Alot of people use this in the tournaments I participate against and I hardly face MK players. Oh first place was a Marth for this spring, now to wait for the Autumn Competition :/

I'm talking about big tournaments.

inuyashakent-2.png

My brother has started to plank. What a noob. :wall: :wall:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Wait...what's planking and how do people do it?

Step 1) Get on the ledge.

Step 2) Be gay

That's pretty much all there is to it. You wait on the ledge, forcing your opponent to come to you. Usually, you abuse your Invincibility frames by jumping on and off the ledge, and whenever an opponent tries to approach, you have the advantage. (LOL MK)

inuyashakent-2.png

Step 2) Be gay

That's pretty much all there is to it. You wait on the ledge, forcing your opponent to come to you. Usually, you abuse your Invincibility frames by jumping on and off the ledge, and whenever an opponent tries to approach, you have the advantage. (LOL MK)

Anyone who planks shall die a swift death by Snake's Mortar Grenades.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Step 2) Be gay

Anyone who planks shall die a swift death by Snake's Mortar Grenades.

No, they won't. The planker can jump up and air dodge, approach Snake, and attack him or run back to the ledge.

inuyashakent-2.png

Kirby owns plankers imo. KIRBYCIDE!

Tbh though, spam taunts. Planking is stalling - its against rules.

Wizz what position did you come in at?

I dont know whats going on but I still keep swapping characters around. Im using marth a bit too now. Im getting alot better at spacing.

Fox is still my best character though imo.

I now know more secrets of the way of the Mario...

[yt]9gh1mvO86Io[/yt]

Oh and I now have a working GameBridge so I can record online matches to show how well or bad the opponent and me fought.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

But it's not the same as edgeguarding, is it?

Kirby owns plankers imo. KIRBYCIDE!

Tbh though, spam taunts. Planking is stalling - its against rules.

Wizz what position did you come in at?

I dont know whats going on but I still keep swapping characters around. Im using marth a bit too now. Im getting alot better at spacing.

Fox is still my best character though imo.

Many characters can beat the plank, but some... can't. Planking =/= stalling, it has been discussed and publicly announced by the SBR that they are different. And planking isn't banned.

But it's not the same as edgeguarding, is it?

Nope. And you're thinking of edgehogging. Still, no.

inuyashakent-2.png

So if he's just hiding on the other side of the field why can't you just range him with lasers or something?