Smash Club.

Caxis

Sheik owns all.. Can ya take the weird Zelda chat to a Zelda thread? :P

Anyway, my friend, who is uber pro (lol not really but he's either a good match for kent or will beat kent >.>) Who mains marth. Anyway, he commented on some of my chars:

Sheik - He said I dashspam a bit, this was an early vid. He also says I dont f tilt enough, nor do I attempt to kill at low damage (Im trying to gimp more)

Fox - (JAPANESE STYLE) I dont abuse the power of his U smash, and I still gotta work on my laser and powershielding. (I've only begun using Fox again lately after a Japanese player on YT made me think about having a bit of a Japanese style character, not going to use in competitive if I ever do though - either way, I havent tried killing much since I've been trying more combo-type things so I havent really noticed how high the percentage has gone)

Wolf - Getting pretty awesome. Used to be my best character until he got boring. Using lately, getting alright with scarring kinda. He said "Thought you said you didnt laser spam? :P" -FOR SPACING- Im begging to space well with him now, so I guess hes my 3rd best.

Those 3 were the best I got tbh, he said my squirtle was pretty awesome for someone who hasnt attempted to learn AT's with him.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ganondorf isn't in a disguise. It's logical that he could be a male Gerudo.

However, Zelda isn't Sheikah by birth, so when disguising herself, she has no logical reason to become a male.

You said that the character Sheik being the only male Sheikah is low, well what about Ganondorfs chances? He is the only male and he had low chance, now low and behold, the only male Gerudo so far. I'm just using Ganondorf as a counterexample to your statement about Sheik not being male, just because something has a low chance does not mean it's impossible.

True. Just because it's low chance doesn't mean it's impossible. But in Sheiks has, it's not low chance, it's simply ILLOGICAL.

Ganondorf is male. He was born that way. Even if he has the power to change his sex, we're going to assume he's happy to be a man. He's a male Gerudo by birth. He won't be changing that.

Sheik and Zelda are the same person. They do not have the same features, but since Sheik is simply Zelda in disguise, then they are essentially two halves of the same being, the original one being Zelda.

Zelda is a girl.

So here's the story, Zelda tries to find a suitable disguise so she can teach Link stuff in OoT. She has a female nursemaid, Impa, who is also a Sheikah, and probably where she got the inspiration. So now let's just use logic, and not probability. If Zelda wants to make a suitable disguise as a Sheikah, and has all her life been close friends with a female Sheikah, would she make her Sheikah disguise male or female? Logic says female.

Anyone got a few tips to really get good with Fox?

brawl me and you can practice :thumbsup:

(im on now)

It's HW and bed for me now, actually. Just finished eating dinner and I decided I'd like to become good at Fox somewhere in the 4x400 meter sprint set we did at practice.

You main shiek?

Well I'm checking out Mario and Yoshi (just checkin out as of now) and they seem pretty fun to play as, so I'm considering picking them up.

Anyone got a few tips to really get good with Fox?

I don't know how to play fox :(

But like every character, don't get OVERLY aggressive, and makes sure you space.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Fox is easy to get a hold onto but not easy to learn properly. I'm aiming for a more japanesey style to show off, 'cause I find it takes more skill, (even though it wont beat an american :|)

I can say though, down throw and forward throw are the best for followup attacks, and back throw to get them off the stage. N air is fast and pretty autocancell-y, so it's pretty often a good way to get up percentage. Running U Smash at about 90% kills alot of the roster on FD, so it's his best killing move.

He has a great D air which, if the opponent doesnt know frames, can go from D air, into stage into a huge F smash or D smash. F smash is used for spacing, it's one of his longest ranging on-ground attacks. B air is great, and U air makes good KOs if your opponent likes to stay high.

For B air, it kos pretty well off stage and isnt very dependant, can KO with a stage[bleep]e often too.

NEVER ATTEMPT TO RECOVER UNTIL YOU REALLY CAN. You will ALWAYS miss unless you are definately sure you will recover.

When you grab the edge, drop off and jump forward into F air. If you do it right and your opponent doesnt DI out of it (kinda hard), then you pick them off the edge and they go a far bit.

Btw, laser spam at high percentages and begin camping near death. Not nooby when you're about to die.

Try to shorthop triple laser.

EDIT: Forgot shine, gah. hits like 6% first use, decent knockback for its speed and gimping style, pretty much just use it on people when they try to recover and use it out of the blue to hurt them. Wolf's is 20x better onground though, But Foxes can create mindgames.

Fox is easy to get a hold onto but not easy to learn properly. I'm aiming for a more japanesey style to show off, 'cause I find it takes more skill, (even though it wont beat an american :|)

I can say though, down throw and forward throw are the best for followup attacks, and back throw to get them off the stage. N air is fast and pretty autocancell-y, so it's pretty often a good way to get up percentage. Running U Smash at about 90% kills alot of the roster on FD, so it's his best killing move.

He has a great D air which, if the opponent doesnt know frames, can go from D air, into stage into a huge F smash or D smash. F smash is used for spacing, it's one of his longest ranging on-ground attacks. B air is great, and U air makes good KOs if your opponent likes to stay high.

For B air, it kos pretty well off stage and isnt very dependant, can KO with a stage[bleep]e often too.

NEVER ATTEMPT TO RECOVER UNTIL YOU REALLY CAN. You will ALWAYS miss unless you are definately sure you will recover.

When you grab the edge, drop off and jump forward into F air. If you do it right and your opponent doesnt DI out of it (kinda hard), then you pick them off the edge and they go a far bit.

Btw, laser spam at high percentages and begin camping near death. Not nooby when you're about to die.

Try to shorthop triple laser.

EDIT: Forgot shine, gah. hits like 6% first use, decent knockback for its speed and gimping style, pretty much just use it on people when they try to recover and use it out of the blue to hurt them. Wolf's is 20x better onground though, But Foxes can create mindgames.

Alright, great. Thanks a bunch Ray!

BTW Zaaps, Fox is kinda defensive too, so, dont forget to shield ALOT

U smash out of shield if they are next to you, F smash out if not so close.

BTW Zaaps, Fox is kinda defensive too, so, dont forget to shield ALOT

U smash out of shield if they are next to you, F smash out if not so close.

Right.

Fox's dair is a [bleep]e like Falco's right?

You have to continue the hit through, like his F air to make it a potential [bleep]e. Make sure you jump before you use it, EVER.

You have to continue the hit through, like his F air to make it a potential [bleep]e. Make sure you jump before you use it, EVER.

What do you mean?

Falcos is the start of the move for a hard [wagon] [bleep]e which kos at 50

Foxes is the WHOLE move that continues through like his jab in the air, which probably is better at gimping than [bleep]ing. It pretty much just gimps people.

Foxes is the WHOLE move that continues through like his jab in the air, which probably is better at gimping than [bleep]ing. It pretty much just gimps people.

Ah, I see.

I would like to point out in just one of Rays things. DON'T space with fsmash, it's far too punishable.

AKA soft [bleep]e.

This is because (for whatever reason) you automatically ffall when you dair. Silly Sakurai.

inuyashakent-2.png

Ok... This Brawl Machinima just blew me away with its impressive visuals. The editing is just superb. The plot is decent. And one of the voice actors almost sounds like DAVID FREAKING HAYTER! (AKA: The voice of Solid Snake.)

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

SINCE WHEN WAS EDITING THIS GOOD!?

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I would like to point out in just one of Rays things. DON'T space with fsmash, it's far too punishable.

Because everyone shields 100% of the time when you use one of his longer-ranged attacks.

I got my friend to tell me, something along the lines of 'it's punishable, but a good spacer. Shouldnt be used too often though'

Because everyone shields 100% of the time when you use one of his longer-ranged attacks.

I got my friend to tell me, something along the lines of 'it's punishable, but a good spacer. Shouldnt be used too often though'

Well, Fox's Fsmash is pretty slow, and you step in when you Fsmash, and it has a rather long cooldown time. When *I'M* within poking range, I Pshield. I don't know what your friend is honestly thinking about when he says his Fsmash is a spacing move, as that isn't what you call spacing... Spacing = don't get hit.

This attack has one use, and one use alone. Punishing spot dodges/ rolls. It comes out slow, and hits for a long time, with tons of lag afterwards. Use this attack where your opponent is rolling towards or spot dodging at, and it'll take care of business. Other than that, don't use this attack, because it's very slow, and leaves you very open.

inuyashakent-2.png

Its not slow starting up ;). Not particularly.

Spacing isnt "dont get hit".. shielding is not getting hit. Spotdodging is not getting hit. Spacing is hitting someone with range they cant hit you, or with your longest attack. And foxes F smash is one of his longest attacks.

Bam up smash. 60% range of F smash

Bam U smash. 40% range of F smash.

And not to mention F smash has good knockback when they're at a low damage.

Its not slow starting up ;). Not particularly.

Spacing isnt "dont get hit".. shielding is not getting hit. Spotdodging is not getting hit. Spacing is hitting someone with range they cant hit you, or with your longest attack. And foxes F smash is one of his longest attacks.

Bam up smash. 60% range of F smash

Bam U smash. 40% range of F smash.

And not to mention F smash has good knockback when they're at a low damage.

Spacing is hitting SAFELY which means being in safe distance where you can attack but your opponent can't attack.

Fsmash has a 14 frames startup and 9 frame cooldown, unlike the Ftilt's 6frame start up and 7 frame cooldown. Also, remember, in Fsmash's case on top of the extra 2 frames, YOU STEP IN. This = opposite of spacing. Exact opposite.

Fox's Fsmash is very similar to Marth's - it's slow but great for punishing. Marth is infamous for his lack of safe KO's.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Fox doesn't need to approach.

inuyashakent-2.png

No one's gonna talk about the machinima are they? -.-

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I tend to suck with characters that arn't floaty for some reason. :?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.