Smash Club.

Caxis

The ONLY thing MK lacks is .... umm... I'm not sure actually. You can say weight, but it's not true at all. It's harder to combo light characters (very minor reasons) and the more important reason is that if you DI + use his uair, he can live to middle/heavy class levels because his uair is the quickest aireal in the game, which cancels momentum. You can say he lacks a projectile, but considering he is the best planker in the game and that he has the best approach game in the game... that's a non issue. He has no bad matchups, stages, disjointed, reach, priority, KO power, etc.

He's beatable. But he's definitely the best character in the game.

Not really trying to start a debate here, but here are some reasons why I think Mr. Game and Watch is, if not the best, is very close to being it:

-Just about every single one of his moves are insanely powerful and useful, and he is also a fast character (in both running and attacking).

-ALL of his smashes are the BEST killers in the game, period.

-His aerials (especially his back aerial) have godly priority. Also, he is also insane priority in general because of his disjointed hitboxes.

-His down tilt (and also his other tilts) can mess up many approaches.

-His Oil Panic (Down+B) can counter projectiles, and spill them out for massive damage.

-His Fire Parachute (Up+B) is easily one of the best recovery moves.

-Judge (Side+B) has a chance to OHKO no matter what percentage. (9 hammer)

-He has many excellent matchups, and very few characters can actually counter him.

-Also, I'm not sure about this, but he doesn't really have a bad stage.

-His only weakness, his light-weight, is easily negligible with the correct DI. This also comes to his favor, because he is hard to combo, and cannot be chain-grabbed.

-He is not easily gimped either, despite his light-weight.

-I know this doesn't count in the tier list, but his Final Smash is really good too.

With all those strengths and very few weaknesses, why is Mr. Game and Watch 8th place on the recent tier list? This baffles me. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is one thing I have learned it is not to argue with someone who gets their information from Smashboards.

basically the best Up Smash goes to Fox for speed, the length it can go running without DACUSing, and power.

Down smash could be MK but I would say Wolf.

Forward smash would go to Marth most likely.

G&W is close to best, probably like 5th best in the game, but he gets owned due to 1 crappy projectile and medium range, and 2nd lightest weight and a pretty gimpable recovery.

He gets owned if he's above someone, because his best chance to hit someone below him is his D Air, which is rather easy to dodge, and predictible.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If there is one thing I have learned it is not to argue with someone who gets their information from Smashboards.

basically the best Up Smash goes to Fox for speed, the length it can go running without DACUSing, and power.

G&W is close to best, probably like 5th best in the game, but he gets owned due to 1 crappy projectile and medium range, and 2nd lightest weight and a pretty gimpable recovery.

He gets owned if he's above someone, because his best chance to hit someone below him is his D Air, which is rather easy to dodge, and predictible.

I also get my information from Smashboards too.

I always thought G&W has the best Down Smash? It can be used as both a vertical kill move and a downward [bleep]e, very useful for gimping tether recoveries.

But still, with correct DI you can survive to very high percents like 160%. Also you don't even need to "mix it up", have the correct spacing and that's all you should do. (Taken from Smashboards Weekly Character Discussion.)

However, I still think he is underrated, for sure. With very few weaknesses, most of which are minor, we can only imagine why he isn't in S Tier already. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I also get my information from Smashboards too.

I always thought G&W has the best Down Smash? It can be used as both a vertical kill move and a downward [bleep]e, very useful for gimping tether recoveries.

But still, with correct DI you can survive to very high percents like 160%. Also you don't even need to "mix it up", have the correct spacing and that's all you should do. (Taken from Smashboards Weekly Character Discussion.)

However, I still think he is underrated, for sure. With very few weaknesses, most of which are minor, we can only imagine why he isn't in S Tier already. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

He isnt underrated, he's suited perfectly. He is good, but more characters are better than him :wall:

His d smash is good, but it isnt the best. That would go to MK or Wolf.

He isnt underrated, he's suited perfectly. He is good, but more characters are better than him :wall:

His d smash is good, but it isnt the best. That would go to MK or Wolf.

The ONLY thing MK lacks is .... umm... I'm not sure actually. You can say weight, but it's not true at all. It's harder to combo light characters (very minor reasons) and the more important reason is that if you DI + use his uair, he can live to middle/heavy class levels because his uair is the quickest aireal in the game, which cancels momentum. You can say he lacks a projectile, but considering he is the best planker in the game and that he has the best approach game in the game... that's a non issue. He has no bad matchups, stages, disjointed, reach, priority, KO power, etc.

Not really trying to start a debate here, but here are some reasons why I think Mr. Game and Watch is, if not the best, is very close to being it:

-Just about every single one of his moves are insanely powerful and useful, and he is also a fast character (in both running and attacking).

They're laggy. His killers are almost all laggy, he's not fast compared to MK, and especially NOT EVEN COMPARABLE in agility.

Lololol no. Just no. Like I said, they're laggy and punishable and hard to hit with.

-His aerials (especially his back aerial) have godly priority. Also, he is also insane priority in general because of his disjointed hitboxes.

His bair has insane disjointedness, I agree, but his fair is laggy, uair is only useful for refreshing (somewhat) and dair is good but nowhere near godly.

His other tilts plain sucks but his dtilt is good. MK's dtilt is far superior then his, though. And MK's ftilt refreshes 3 times and is unpunishable, and his uair is way better for juggling.

-His Oil Panic (Down+B) can counter projectiles, and spill them out for massive damage.

That's why people are careful and never let you get that 3rd charge, really. Unless you play a noob, then tiers and such don't matter.

Agreed. Mk's is better though, because he has the best recovery in the game.

Lol so does Ike's fully charged FSmash!!! OMG powerpowered!!! ... o wait.

-He has many excellent matchups, and very few characters can actually counter him.

Snake/MK iirc. I think Marth was too but I'm not sure.

Yeah he does.

-His only weakness, his light-weight, is easily negligible with the correct DI. This also comes to his favor, because he is hard to combo, and cannot be chain-grabbed.

He can be chaingrabbed either. And it's not DI that makes his weight negligible, everybody has that. It's called bucket breaking, the newest and biggest thing holding him up in the tier list atm.

Are you serious? MK will gimp anybody trying to gimp him. Seriously.

-I know this doesn't count in the tier list, but his Final Smash is really good too.

Lol.

With all those strengths and very few weaknesses, why is Mr. Game and Watch 8th place on the recent tier list? This baffles me. :(

He has some weaknesses as well.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

They're laggy. His killers are almost all laggy, he's not fast compared to MK, and especially NOT EVEN COMPARABLE in agility.

Lololol no. Just no. Like I said, they're laggy and punishable and hard to hit with.

His bair has insane disjointedness, I agree, but his fair is laggy, uair is only useful for refreshing (somewhat) and dair is good but nowhere near godly.

His other tilts plain sucks but his dtilt is good. MK's dtilt is far superior then his, though. And MK's ftilt refreshes 3 times and is unpunishable, and his uair is way better for juggling.

That's why people are careful and never let you get that 3rd charge, really. Unless you play a noob, then tiers and such don't matter.

Agreed. Mk's is better though, because he has the best recovery in the game.

Lol so does Ike's fully charged FSmash!!! OMG powerpowered!!! ... o wait.

Snake/MK iirc. I think Marth was too but I'm not sure.

Yeah he does.

He can be chaingrabbed either. And it's not DI that makes his weight negligible, everybody has that. It's called bucket breaking, the newest and biggest thing holding him up in the tier list atm.

Are you serious? MK will gimp anybody trying to gimp him. Seriously.

Lol.

He has some weaknesses as well.

inuyashakent-2.png

Pretty much agreed with Kent, for like the 3rd time in Brawl history.

Marth is better than G&W. Best combination of range and speed in the game (like 2-3 best range and pretty damn fast), an easy stutter-step(?) Great killers and decent enough recovery.

Marth is a god.

But Fox owns too hard.

Marth is better than G&W. Best combination of range and speed in the game (like 2-3 best range and pretty damn fast), an easy stutter-step(?) Great killers and decent enough recovery.

Marth is a god.

But Fox owns too hard.

G&W can also halt all momentum with dair. I've seen a few people pull a dair while flying out of the screen and insantly stop and float there. Anything will a FF dair can do it (like Toon Link, Sonic, ZSS, etc.). Not sure on practical use those.

I remember in melee when G&W was total trash :lol:

G&W can also halt all momentum with dair. I've seen a few people pull a dair while flying out of the screen and insantly stop and float there. Anything will a FF dair can do it (like Toon Link, Sonic, ZSS, etc.). Not sure on practical use those.

Marth is a god.

But Fox owns too hard.

If fox is god why is he like 20-25th tier <.<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Maybe because hes the Melee god and Brawl is too defensive for the speedking.

Hes one behind Luigi because Luigi fanboys never shut up about his tier placement.

;)

Hes one behind Luigi because Luigi fanboys never shut up about his tier placement.

;)

Or its because Wigi owns Fox hard. :twss:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

;)

Or its because Wigi owns Fox hard. :twss:

Or its because you kinda proved me right :XD:

I discovered that Mario owns on the Battlefield.

You are yet to discover Mario only owns low tier characters.

I owned a good Snake with Mario so your argument is invalid.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I owned a Mario with Luigi so Luigi is awsomer than Mario :P

:twss:

arcane_stew.png

I owned a Mario with Luigi so Luigi is awsomer than Mario :P

:twss:

And I owned a Luigi with Mario so Mario is just as awesome as Luigi.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Smashboards.

Ike isn't going anywhere. He's good and I really like his as well, but fact is that he can't recover, is easily combo-able, and has a hard time dealing with almost every character in the game.

Yup. It's useless though, because you have to jump to do it. As you have a upward momentum, jump and immedietely dair with the FF attacks. It has no uses, especially for GaW because he has bucketbreak.

Lol at spam.

And yeah, Ike is decent (he is past MK level at a low tier tourny) but he's not going up.

inuyashakent-2.png

"Past MK level"? Are you talking about usage?