The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... I can't believe all the "sure" matches end up in the *worse* team winning the game, not even a draw. Yep, Croatia, 5.50 to 1 underdog just beat Germany. Well, at least you have some odds to win Angryjoe.

For me, I'm quitting the betting right now. Hoping the games aren't rigged... Afraid to even post a small bet on Italy beating Romania now. Way too suspicious personally..

It's like the Boston Red Sox losing to Cincinnati twice in a row... It just doesn't happen. I grew skeptical, so no more bets

Well, I'm hoping Sweden wins, but I don't think we do. Perhaps Spain wins. I don't know much about fotball, or rather, almost nothing at all. But I think it's rather funny anyway XD. GO SWEDEN :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well, I'm hoping Sweden wins, but I don't think we do. Perhaps Spain wins. I don't know much about fotball, or rather, almost nothing at all. But I think it's rather funny anyway XD. GO SWEDEN :P

sweden will be pwned by spain ktnxbai!

(i'm half spanish :mrgreen: )

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

I'm absolutely buzzing atm!!! :D

Can't go out and celebrate either because of sodding exams tomorrow. :(

My mate has put his support/money behind the Czecks so were are making a big thing of it if we meet in the quaters either going out or a house party.

Apparently if Czeck Republic and Turkey draw it goes to a shootout - should be interesting if it happens.

iteme3721.jpg

Decided to bet anyhow, just with smaller stakes :lol:

Bet Austria $30 @3.10 odds

Bet Poland $50 @ 2.40 odds

sweden will be pwned by spain ktnxbai!

Lol, wouldn't be sure of anything anymore. I think that match is a coin flip, maybe sweden will pull a "croatia" on the favourite?

If it was Portugal vs Sweden, I'd go straight with draw/Portugal though.

Edit: Yay Poland scores!

Lmao 1-1 it's not your night is it? :lol:

Sorry I shouldn't laugh but in context it's funny after you pledging not to bet anymore, if it's any consolation I had Germany and Croatia to draw& Poland to win as a double so I lost out as well. That being said, I didn't have anywhere near as much faith in my teams as you did, or as much money on them.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Heh.. Guess you're right. Some people are just cursed... :cry:

Penalty on 92th minute while Poland leads 1-0 and the ball wasn't even in the penalty area, lmao.

Anyone betting on Italy-Romania tomorrow? If THAT isn't italy/draw I'll laugh so hard... Or wait for FIFA to investigate :D

If Italy lose that I'll be very worried. You never know though.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Not sure, Romania beat Holland twice in qualifying (I think) and are good at strangling teams and nicking a winner. They did the first part of that against France and could well pull it off against Italy imo. That being said, I would still be majorly surprised if they did. :mrgreen:

iteme3721.jpg

Haha! Sie Germans have lost to Croatia!

Now Holland tonight. I hope we're going to win from France. But I've got a bad feeling about it. :cry:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Haha! Sie Germans have lost to Croatia!

Now Holland tonight. I hope we're going to win from France. But I've got a bad feeling about it. :cry:

That game is EXTREMELY hard to bet on, I'll try to have willpower not to bet again.. At least with a bigger sum than a few bucks :lol:

Neither team is really superior.. It could be draw too... Hence even bookies are confused and offer pretty much similar odds for all three options including draw.

If you're into it for fun, bet on your favourite. But for making money, I'd either make a combo on both Italy & Holland games with a small bet and get a huge odds multiplier, or stay away from that match. It's impossible to know what will happen (Italy on the other hand is a pretty big favourite).

I put 20 quid on Holland to win it, back before the competition started... glad I did that now. I got 12/1 odds at the time, now they're about 5/1 lol.

I'm still gutted that there's no British teams to support though, so it's a bid hard to really get into and enjoy the competition this time around.

Harrington.gif

spain will win ktnxbai (i hope)

didn't bet on netherlands - france ,

but i think netherlands will win tough

france was really bad against romania (or romania is just good)

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Spain r ftw okay they are gonna win okay unless holland who are also ftw beat them okay ;)

spain is ur second choise a? :roll:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Rofl, I only made a single bet on the ITaly game for 1 dollar= No penalties (combo with no penalties in Holland-France gives 9x odds multiplier) and lost that too. Jesus christ, please Euro2008, don't make me believe in paranormal curses :lol:

Needless to say, my friend got $850 on Italy/Draw result, got the draw, he's raving about how great Buffon is for saving a penalty.

Heh, I truly feel sorry for those bettors that put "away team miss penalty" at 1.01 odds with like $1000 bucks... They got screwed badly...

And what can I say, Buffon is king. That save also probably saved hundreds of millions of $$ in betting for a lot of people.

Yeah, Buffon saves the day for Italy & an early exit. :lol:

The tournament is shaping up nicely & we probably have more surprises left. The Group of Death looks very interesting.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Netherlands vs France going on, interesting game. 1-0 for dutchies so far.

4-1! Scotland have Holland in our world cup qualifying group, I'm very worried.

This result has probably ruined my chances of winning on Switzerland and Romania being bottom of their groups. The only way it can happen now is if Italy & France draw and Holland absolutely demolish Romania and win by four or more goals. Unfortunately, Holland will have nothing to play for against Romania.

wild_bunch.gif

Netherlands vs France going on, interesting game. 1-0 for dutchies so far.

4-1! Scotland have Holland in our world cup qualifying group, I'm very worried.

This result has probably ruined my chances of winning on Switzerland and Romania being bottom of their groups. The only way it can happen now is if Italy & France draw and Holland absolutely demolish Romania and win by four or more goals. Unfortunately, Holland will have nothing to play for against Romania.

Holland are the pwange :) :D

But it was an interesting game, lots of opportunitys for both teams, Holland took em tho :P!

5efw5y.png

Dutchy angel2w.gif